Author Topic: TAR 19: Ernie Halvorsen & Cindy Chiang (Engaged)  (Read 163254 times)

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 19: Ernie Halvorsen & Cindy Chiang (Engaged)
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2011, 04:13:20 AM »
Dog move by the boys. You deserved the win!! Cindy KILLED the roadblock!!
Don't worry Kisha/Jen didn't win any legs and they owned the finale last season!

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2011, 11:33:27 PM »
If they U-Turn Bill and Cathi and they're eliminated, I won't bother with the rest of this season.

Offline a1mamacat

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I gotta cut back on the caffeine!!!
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2011, 11:13:02 PM »
So, Bert beyotches about the boys outrunning them last time, so she Uturns the older folks!!! (:;)

Let's hope Bill and Cathi beat them to the mat next week, and Bert and Ernie go home...although Ernie is not that bad.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2011, 11:14:46 PM »
Well they've lost me as their fans. Obviously they only care about getting first, not getting rid of the stronger teams. Selfish.

Online north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2011, 11:53:41 PM »
Well they've lost me as their fans. Obviously they only care about getting first, not getting rid of the stronger teams. Selfish.

They used the U-Turn on the team closest behind them to win a leg, which is a smart use of the U-Turn considering what happened last time. Using it to get rid of the stronger teams is taking the easy way out.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2011, 11:56:44 PM »

They used the U-Turn on the team closest behind them to win a leg, which is a smart use of the U-Turn considering what happened last time. Using it to get rid of the stronger teams is taking the easy way out.

But I thought the objective of the race was to win the whole thing, not just a leg. Getting rid of a stronger team would give them a better chance of winning, but obviously they didn't care.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 01:19:36 AM by Дussie Бabushka »

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2011, 01:14:08 AM »
Definitely I'm just hating them so much now. They're just a bit arrogant too, from my point of view. I feel Ernie is only in the team to make Cindy's wishes come true, he doesn't even seem to think by himself. Obviously, they're not a weak team, but if they have almost never won a leg is because they are worse than other teams. And I hope they don't make it to the Final 3.

Online north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2011, 01:25:35 AM »

But I thought the objective of the race was to win the whole thing, not just a leg. Getting rid of a stronger team would give them a better chance of winning, but obviously they didn't care.

But only one team can win it all. Winning the legs along the way has always been a goal with a prize at the end. Again, U-Turning the stronger teams to win in the long run is taking the easy way out. Do you want to watch a race where its one strong team against 2 weak teams in the end, or three strong teams fighting to win it all?

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2011, 01:27:59 AM »

But only one team can win it all. Winning the legs along the way has always been a goal with a prize at the end. Again, U-Turning the stronger teams to win in the long run is taking the easy way out. Do you want to watch a race where its one strong team against 2 weak teams in the end, or three strong teams fighting to win it all?

Well if they are all strong, boring teams I'd rather not watch it.

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2011, 02:06:30 AM »

if this is really a smart use of the U-turn then they should have used it to Andy and Tommy on leg 7, which is obviously a strong team....

and yeah, I'm starting to not like them,...
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2011, 02:10:05 AM »
I'm seeing a runner up finish to this pair, like they will be in first place for the entire finale leg, then they one of them will get stuck in a memory RB or in a final task,
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2011, 02:21:28 AM »
Can the people who berated them for not U-Turning the second place team last week please raise their hands?

(U-Turning Andy/Tommy would have accomplished nothing this leg.)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2011, 04:45:17 AM »
Can the people who berated them for not U-Turning the second place team last week please raise their hands?

(U-Turning Andy/Tommy would have accomplished nothing this leg.)

I find it weird that the U-TURN this season is used in a very different manner. In past seasons, people use the U-TURN to survive last place.

This season, teams use the U-TURN so that they can win the leg... it's really how you see it. :lol:

ALTHOUGH, I think them U-TURNing Bill and Cathi is completely pointless... but, you never know they might have went in the wrong direction and ended up coming behind Bill and Cathi and not win the leg. Of course... the probability is low, but I guess especially after what they experienced last leg, they're using the U-TURN for sure this time round.

Bill and Cathi U-TURNing Laurence and Zac is <333333333333333333333333333 though. :lol: :neener:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2011, 07:38:49 AM »
I think they U-turned them because they were desperate to "win a leg", which I think is ridiculous. They have the wrong attitude and mentality. That said, I must say that I am kind of tired of them. I mean, U-Turning old people? LAME. *sigh*
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2011, 08:05:28 AM »
 :lol:I think different teams really appeal to different people. I like their attitude and laughed at how they raced. How Cindy laughed at Ernie throughout the RB and everything. U-TURNing old people is fine, the fact that they wanted to win the leg is understandable especially what happened last leg when they lost their first place with AN EXPRESS PASS. That must have been a blow for them. I'm a Bill and Cathi fan and I think Ernie and Cindy's U-TURN is lame, but the fact that Bill and Cathi have constantly proved to be a team to beat definitely made the other teams worry about them. Therefore, I see it that Ernie and Cindy U-TURNed Bill and Cathi because they feel threatened by them, which is a good thing. :lol: Not because they're old people.... :tup:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2011, 08:06:47 AM »
I suppose I'm just biased. :lol: But I still think Ernie and Cindy have the wrong attitude. ;)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2011, 08:34:55 AM »
For me I was kinda turn off when Laurence and Zac and Andy and Tommy were the only 2 teams who were not excited when they ripped open their clue and knew that they'll fly to Copenhagen, Denmark... I wished there was more excitement from them like the other two teams... it's not just about racing and finishing first every like (like Andy and Tommy) but ENJOYING the process. Of course Andy and Tommy have showed how they enjoyed the process at times... but not so much with Laurence and Zac... :lol:

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2011, 08:38:01 AM »
First they call the snowboarders mean for passing them in a foot race, then they throw a fit because Laurence & Zac won't tell them their flight information. This is for a million dollars! Don't act so surprised when other teams don't want you to win!

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2011, 10:21:12 AM »
First they call the snowboarders mean for passing them in a foot race, then they throw a fit because Laurence & Zac won't tell them their flight information. This is for a million dollars! Don't act so surprised when other teams don't want you to win!

Exactly! I don't like their attitude, especially Cindy's. Two times they expected things to be handed to them on a silver platter. To quote her own words, "NOT GOOD"  :neener:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2011, 12:05:48 PM »
I've rethought.

I have to say that Ernie & Cindy will be great for an overall 5th place.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2011, 01:22:47 PM »
I've rethought.

I have to say that Ernie & Cindy will be great for an overall 5th place.

I agree 100% with this.  :lol:

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2011, 01:40:41 PM »
I don't get all of the sudden hate for Ernie & Cindy. Is it really because of the uturn?
Like people said about Andy & Tommy passing them at the last second in Malawi, it's a race!
Personnally, I really like them. They are funny to watch, they don't bicker with each other, they are (almost) always smiling/laughing and enjoying the race.  :hrt:
Hope them or Bill & Cathi win!! :hearts:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2011, 08:55:26 AM »
I don't really like her nor him. Really! They always keep thinking they are the team to beat, and that really annoys me. I was extremely happy when they lost the tickets, and got angry when a 3-hour train ride didn't include a ticketer going by the train. What are you talking about?

I've been to Germany, and rid 4 trains of DB. The 4 times we needed to show our tickets, and they were short trips, so I'm almost sure production made something in there.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2011, 09:02:11 AM »
I've been to Germany, and rid 4 trains of DB. The 4 times we needed to show our tickets, and they were short trips, so I'm almost sure production made something in there.

Sounds fishy to me indeed...

And does anyone else find Ernie to be a bit strange? :umn: I mean, especially at the muscles task.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2011, 09:09:56 AM »

Sounds fishy to me indeed...

And does anyone else find Ernie to be a bit strange? :umn: I mean, especially at the muscles task.

Haha I actually think he's kinda funny. He seems a bit crazy but quiet at the same time, and when he gets excited he does some strange things (like tippy-toeing out of the muscles room!)