Author Topic: TAR 19: Jeremy Cline & Sandy Draghi (Dating)  (Read 77616 times)

Offline Squall16

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Anything is Possible
Re: TAR 19: Jeremy Cline & Sandy Draghi (Dating)
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2011, 11:43:13 PM »
I LOVE YOU JEREMY AND SANDY HERE"S TO YOU

:cheer: :cheer:

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2011, 03:24:44 PM »
I had a feeling at the start of the season that they would be the token arguing couple, and while that has been the case a handful of times, I think they've also improved their communication and teamwork.

They're my favorite team in the Final 3, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see them win.  :cmas16
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2011, 08:52:09 PM »
My love grew for them eventually throughout the race. They were not as bad as other dating couples and they're actually supportive and loving of each other. Wouldn't have mind if they won, but since they didn't.. here's wishing that their r/s will turn out well! :cmas9

Offline Squall16

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Anything is Possible
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2011, 09:11:26 PM »
My love grew for them eventually throughout the race. They were not as bad as other dating couples and they're actually supportive and loving of each other. Wouldn't have mind if they won, but since they didn't.. here's wishing that their r/s will turn out well! :cmas9

What is r/s??

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2011, 09:12:06 PM »

What is r/s??

relationship  :cmas16

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2011, 09:21:16 PM »
Why did they have to talk to the guy in the truck? They were doing so well!

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2011, 03:33:05 AM »
Why did they have to talk to the guy in the truck? They were doing so well!

Yeah I don't get it either..??
Maybe it was the nerves or something like this, but if the race is so tight and you're that close, you better make damn sure where you are going is what I would say?!  :cmas5

They should have checked with at least several people or otherwise go on the internet or ask eg someone in a hotel, since why on earth would TAR send them to some "dump" place in Atlanta, when there is usually something more interesting and special about the places they have to go to especially in the finale...??

Just totally don't get why they let it slip away like they did and didn't even really seemed to care in a way?  :cmas5 (The latter may just have been the editting though to make E & C look better as 'deserving winner' maybe?  :cmas22 )
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 03:36:48 AM by Topita »
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline Squall16

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Anything is Possible
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2011, 08:13:02 AM »
“That Was a Million-Dollar Mistake” – Reality News Online’s Exclusive Interview with The Amazing Race 19's Runners-Up, Jeremy & Sandy by Teeuwynn Woodruff -- 12/13/2011

Jeremy & Sandy (right) probably knew each other the least of all the teams on The Amazing Race this season. They argued, but they also played strong and made it all the way to the end. How much time did they lose going to the wrong Dump? How has the race changed their relationship? Fan help kept one team in the race at the start, but how did fan help torpedo Jeremy & Sandy’s game? All this and more inside.

Reality News Online: Hi, Jeremy & Sandy. Thanks for talking to Reality News Online and congratulations on finishing The Amazing Race!
  Sandy: Thank you so much.
RNO: What made you decide to apply for the race?
Sandy: I’ve been a huge fan of The Amazing Race since Season 1 and I brought Jeremy on board. He started watching Season 17 with me and, after that, I got him hooked. It was my idea to apply.
RNO: Of all the teams this season, you probably knew each other as teammates the least. What’s the status of your relationship now?
Jeremy: We are happily living together.
RNO: Has the Race changed your relationship in any way?
Jeremy: Absolutely! It just really made our relationship stronger. I like to say it was like taking a rubber band to its limit and then it retracted and came back together.
RNO: Sandy, you’re scared of heights yet you rocked the Roadblock where you walked the tightrope between two buildings high in the air. How did you get through that?
Sandy: Before I left for the Race, my brother gave me a good piece of advice – if you’re ever scared or in pain or exhausted you just need to know that time never stops and something that’s very challenging or difficult for you will come to an end.
I think when I got up there I took that piece of advice and blocked everything else out. I knew there was going to be an end point. I didn’t look down one time. I just kept my eye right on my foot. I was very proud of myself for doing it. I think I checked my mind out, but I’m very proud of myself for doing it. Jeremy also got me through it as well.
      RNO: Jeremy, you were the only person to correctly spot the Panama Viejo image and get the location to the Pit Stop last leg. How frustrating was it to have your driver tell Ernie & Cindy and Marcus & Amani’s drivers that information?
Jeremy: At the time we didn’t know our cab was communicating with the others in the taxi. Looking back, it’s a little frustrating seeing that happen – but to us it didn’t matter. We wanted to be in the top three and we made our goal – and we finished first that leg.
We just felt fortunate we had the right answer. At the time, we weren’t sure we did have the right answer.
RNO: In the end, your driver telling the other two couples’ cabbies the Pit Stop location probably was the factor that knocked Tommy & Andy out of the race. After the fact, were you happy that happened?
Jeremy: That really threw a wrench into everything, didn’t it? When we got to the mat and saw those final three – yeah, we were happy. We thought that Tommy & Andy were our biggest competition. We loved them, but we hated them – but we still love them! They were tough.
RNO: Getting to the finale, you did the best of all the teams on the flight simulator. How long did the instruction period last?
     Jeremy: Instruction was about 15 minutes. You could continue taking instruction as long as you really wanted. The instructor would just keep going over it if you liked. I happened to take notes and I think I was the only one taking notes. Writing it down I knew would help me get the function down.
RNO: How long did the flight attempt itself last?
Sandy: Ten minutes?
Jeremy: Yeah, maybe a little less than 10 minutes. You were flying awhile at 2500 feet and the wind is blowing and they put all these different elements in – it certainly felt real.
Sandy: And you had to taxi and turn and go to the gate too.
RNO: Sandy, did you get sick at all?
Sandy: Yeah, I did. But I could deal with it, for sure. Anything with even the slightest bit of motion I get sick. I was feeling it. But Jeremy did so well – he nailed it.
   RNO: You had a great deal of trouble after that finding the correct “Dump,” Margaret Mitchell’s house – although you found a dump. Can you tell us what happened with that search?
    Jeremy: We thought the quickest way to find out that clue was to ask somebody close by. We pulled in at a restaurant and asked this couple what they knew. They thought about it for a second and then they came back with their answer – very adamantly – that it was this place called The Dump. They thought the store wasn’t open anymore.
They said, “This is it! This is it! Go! Go! Go!” So you just jump in the cab and you think, just like in Panama, that this has got to be it.
Sandy: We trusted them. They were locals, lived there their whole lives, they are fans of The Amazing Race. They knew exactly what we were doing. I don’t think they hesitated with their answer.
We were thinking we were going to this big warehouse. I’ve watched the show long enough to know on leg 12 you have to recreate your path along the race. So, it made sense that we were going to a warehouse and that we would do a map or something.
Once we got there – we knew. We knew right away. We were in traffic and it was 20 miles away from where [we really needed to go]. That was a million-dollar mistake.
RNO: How much time did that mistake cost you?
Sandy: We probably had a 20-minute lead on Cindy & Ernie after the flight simulator, then that cost us probably a good hour. [Editor’s Note: For more info on how far ahead Ernie & Cindy ended up arriving at the Pit Stop, check out our interview with them.]
      RNO: What is the most memorable thing you take away from the race?
Sandy: For me, my best memory is Africa. We had a really long car ride in Africa. Driving across that country and seeing the people working and the children at play and how happy everybody is there with so little really, really put my life in perspective.
Jeremy: By far my most memorable part of the Race was on the train from Jakarta. When we were looking out the window and just looking at all the poverty for miles and miles and miles – as far as you could see. Looking at the people up close… That was the first time for me to see the extent of the poverty in that country. It changed my life. It blew me away.
RNO: Is there anything else you would like to tell our readers about yourselves or your experiences on The Amazing Race?
     Jeremy: We had the time of our lives. We’re just thankful to have been on it. When we saw all the other teams cast we were like, “Why in the world were we cast?”
Sandy: We were the average Joes! You know, we spent this last weekend with most of the teams and we have made some lifelong friendships. We have had an experience that very, very few people get to do. We’re so thankful for it.
We didn’t walk away with a million dollars, but we’re ecstatic. Yes, there are things we would have changed, but my prize is Jeremy too.
Jeremy: Yes, the relationship we have is our prize.
RNO: Thank you for talking to me today and congratulations on finishing The Amazing Race.
Jeremy & Sandy: Thank you so much!
 http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=1&article=article13225.art&page=1
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 08:40:17 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline Squall16

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Anything is Possible
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2011, 08:21:22 AM »
I love Sandy!!

"We didn’t walk away with a million dollars, but we’re ecstatic. Yes, there are things we would have changed, but my prize is Jeremy too."

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2011, 08:31:17 AM »
http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=1&article=article13225.art&page=1
I love Sandy!!

"We didn’t walk away with a million dollars, but we’re ecstatic. Yes, there are things we would have changed, but my prize is Jeremy too."

Sandy is awesome.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2011, 10:28:06 AM »
I have attempted to find it a second time without success, but somewhere in the totality of RFF comments about AR19 is one that indicates that Jeremy was the individual who found the etching which when deciphered by their taxi driver led them to Panama Viejo. That is not true, as it was Sandy who found it.

Offline Squall16

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Anything is Possible
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2011, 10:47:37 AM »
Amazing Race's Jeremy and Sandy: We Knew We Couldn't Catch Up

Jeremy and Sandy
After getting a comfortable lead in The Amazing Race finale, Jeremy Cline and Sandy Draghi promptly lost it when they erroneously went to the furniture store The Dump in Atlanta on a local's suggestion instead of the Margaret Mitchell House and Museum, aka The Dump. "We honestly didn't question it," Jeremy tells TVGuide.com "We thought it was right and it wasn't until we got there that we realized we screwed up." Though they managed to correct themselves, the dating couple say they knew they had no chance to pass Ernie and Cindy for the win.

I hear you guys were pretty far behind.
Jeremy: We're estimating 45 minutes, but if you ask Cindy, it's probably two hours. [Laughs]

Was that all from going to the furniture store?
Jeremy: Yeah. We asked the wrong people for directions and they were pretty adamant about it being this place. We felt good about it and you never really know. They said it was a former furniture store, so we figured it was a warehouse — something where we had to recreate part of the Race through memorization like we've seen in past seasons.

Did you ask anyone else?
Sandy: Yeah, we took their word for it. They knew right away. It was a quick answer. They were locals, were familiar with the city. They figured we were on The Amazing Race and said, "Oh yeah, it's this place." Just like the previous legs, if someone gives you a quick response that seems pretty confident, you go with it and we did. We had a lead and we felt really good on our way there. We got stuck in traffic, but we thought everyone else would be stuck in traffic. But when we got there, we knew right away it was the wrong spot.

How long were you there?
Sandy: Not long. Long enough for us to run through it one time and look like idiots. [Laughs] They put you in the craziest places, so we had to do a quick run-through. Then we found someone with a phone. It wasn't easy Googling it. It took Jeremy some time to do it. If you Google "The Dump" in Atlanta, the first result is that warehouse.
Jeremy: Yeah, you had to specifically put in "The Dump" and in quotations "former residence" to get the Margaret Mitchell House.

Did you not think to call 411 or a tourism board?
Sandy: No, we didn't. Our taxi driver didn't have a smart phone. Ernie and Cindy told us later that they memorized phone numbers, but we didn't think about that. We really didn't. You're back in the United States, people speak English, you ask and they had an answer. We asked locals the entire Race and it worked for us. For the first time and the time that mattered most, we got wrong information and it cost us $1 million. We should've double-checked, but we didn't.

How far away from the Margaret Mitchell House was the store?
Sandy: Probably 20 miles. And we hit traffic.

Where were your heads at at that point?
Sandy: On the way [to the store], our heads were in a good place because we knew we had a lead and it was pretty much the opposite on the way back!
Jeremy: We had a 20-minute lead after the flight simulator and just figured everyone would be in traffic as well. You hop on the freeway and there was major traffic. They shut down one of the highways to do roadwork. ... Everything was jam-packed. And then we were going to the house from a different direction after going to the store. The only way to get there was the highway.

You seem to have done the Roadblock and the map task quickly.
Sandy: Yeah, we did those really quickly. I made that one mistake, skipping Indonesia. But it was quick. We didn't have to retrace it; all we had to do was slide the carabiner down and we were done. We blew through that. Jeremy moved fast across that map.
Jeremy: That was fun. I'm not scared of heights, so it was cool swinging around that board.

You went to a hotel to find out about Turner Field. Did you learn your lesson from The Dump fiasco?
Jeremy: [Laughs] Yes, we did. We actually went to the same hotel as Ernie and Cindy. It didn't look like it, but we did. We walked in there with that same piece of paper and they said, "Go to Turner Field." We were like, "Oh, so someone was here?" They said, "Yeah, like 45 minutes ago." So we knew [we weren't in first].

Did you think you had a chance of passing them at that point?
Jeremy: No. We were pretty far off. They had done the map by the time we got there. I really don't think it was that close as they made it look.
Sandy: Yeah, the last two tasks — the typewriter and the map — were pretty easy, so we knew they would blow through those. They would have to make some huge mistake in order for us to pass them. We knew after the Margaret Mitchell House that we were done.

How tough was it knowing you blew a lead?
Jeremy: It was pretty tough. ... Our goal was to not get eliminated the first round. Everything after that was "beat one team" and we ended up beating one team at the end! [Laughs] It was a little disappointing because we thought we had it. We were way out in front after the first task. You could kind of smell victory right then. We just made a huge mistake that took us out of it. But we never gave up and ended up getting second. It's something to be proud of. As the years go by, I think we'll be proud of that. We're getting so much more out of the Race than what we would've with just the cash — friendships, our relationship and memories for a lifetime.

You guys fought early on, but pulled it together mid-Race and were improving your placement each leg. What changed in your dynamic?
Jeremy: Yeah, exactly. I think we'd get "most improved team"!
Sandy: We don't have the years together like some other teams for him to know my strengths and weaknesses and for me to know his strengths and weaknesses. Some of these teams have been together for decades and for Jeremy and me, it took us a few legs to figure out our stride and figure out how to communicate with one another in a positive, constructive way. Once we hit our stride, it was a little too late. If we had that same knowledge from the beginning, we probably would've won a few other [legs]. But needless to say, that was our prize. Our communication skills have improved so much and we've learned a great deal about one another.

What are you up to now?
Jeremy: Back to work!
Sandy: Yeah, back to our normal lives. We've had two garage sales since we've been back. [Laughs] We're trying to simplify our life. We have too much. We both ran the New York City Marathon for [Ethan's charity] Grassroot Soccer and we're trying to give back. ... In Africa, [seeing] the sunset and the people and the culture and just the smiles on those children's faces were just things that I would never forget. Just how happy and fulfilled everyone is there with so little really put my life in perspective. ... Jeremy and I are very fortunate. We have great careers and great families and we have so much more than some people would see in their lifetime, so we're definitely trying to give back and slow down. Slow down our life and take in the beauty of everything.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-Race-Jeremy-Sandy-1040785.aspx
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 10:51:05 AM by Squall16 »

addie

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2011, 01:59:51 PM »
A pity that they did'nt win :cmas4

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2011, 02:02:09 PM »
I hear you guys were pretty far behind.
Jeremy: We're estimating 45 minutes, but if you ask Cindy, it's probably two hours. [Laughs]

The other racers seem to love Cindy :lol3:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2011, 03:41:08 PM »
I think another reason I like them the most out of the final four is that they're normal people. They aren't models or actors. They're long-time fans of the show.

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2011, 03:46:29 PM »
I think another reason I like them the most out of the final four is that they're normal people. They aren't models or actors. They're long-time fans of the show.

Cindy too :cmaslol

Offline Squall16

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Anything is Possible
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2011, 09:30:30 PM »

THIS!

Offline Ney

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2011, 11:47:44 PM »
One thing I liked about this couple was mostly the fact they were the most genuine racers in this race, and were the most human too, never did it seem like they were just playing to the camera or making a huge issue out of nothing, if anything they were sorta likable too, even when arguing. I had a feeling they'd be in the final 3 from the start, mostly  because they have all the neccessary skills and the mindset to go through a long, grueling challenge that the race provides.

Hope they get brought back for an allstar season along with Amani and Marcus.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2012, 11:22:52 AM »

Hope they get brought back for an allstar season along with Amani and Marcus.

It will be great to see them again (with more screentime, of course, and drama), but I don't think they will be brought back again for an All-Star season. Season 19 has many lovable teams I also want to see again in the next season. Bill & Cathi, Justin & Jennifer (who can forget her expression :lol:) and Liz & Marie.

But still, I also hope Jeremy & Sandy will be back. With new relationship: Married :<3

Oh, sorry. I forget about Laurence and Zac :lol3:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2012, 01:29:04 PM »
Apparently Saindy was married to Matt from Survivor One World.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2012, 04:13:32 PM »
They broke up? :o I mean Jeremy & Sandy

paldog123456

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2012, 04:16:08 PM »

No- Jeremy and Sandy were both divorced when they got together. This was from her first marriage.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2012, 04:17:38 PM »

No- Jeremy and Sandy were both divorced when they got together. This was from her first marriage.

Oooh....

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2012, 05:19:06 PM »
This raises questions about how both castings came about?

Maybe Matt and Sandy had applied for TAr together and then got divorced, and Sandy went on TAR and Matt went on Survivor.

It's quite unusual because usually Survivor has ended up providing TAR with a team, not the other way around.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2012, 11:33:31 PM »
Matt and Sandy were married to each other... that was... weird to know. And I can now get why Sandy wanted a divorce. :lol: