Author Topic: TARaus Wishlists  (Read 17542 times)

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARaus Wishlists
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2012, 08:20:22 PM »

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2012, 08:35:18 PM »
Australia (Darwin) → Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur)
Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) → Thailand (Krabi)
Thailand (Krabi) → Nepal (Kathmandu) (shock country like israel/cuba)
Nepal (Lukla) (unlikely, but it would be nice)
Nepal (Kathmandu (teams fly back to kathmandu during pitstop) → Sweden (Stockholm)
Sweden (Stockholm) → Germany (Dusseldorf)
Germany (Hamburg)
Germany (Hamburg) → Italy (Venice)
Italy (Venice) → Namibia (Windhoek)
Namibia (Windhoek) → Brazil (Rio De Janeiro) → Uruguay (Montevideo)
Urauguay (Montevideo) → New Zealand (Dunedin)
New Zealand (Dunedin) → Australia (Hobart)

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2012, 09:14:33 PM »
Дussie is on track! I definitely think that's the direction they will be heading in!  :tup:

This is my location PREDICITION so far:

- Definitely Thailand OR Malaysia
- Definitely Japan OR South Korea
- Bangladesh
- Adelaide for the Finish Line

These are my team PREDICTIONS so far:
- Mother/Daughter
- Brothers
- Asian team
- a gay couple
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 12:41:23 AM by supah3ro »

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2012, 02:21:05 AM »
DEFINITELY:

Asia for Leg 1.
South America.

PROBABLY:

More Europe!  :yess:
A no rest leg around leg 7.  :lol:

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2012, 04:20:10 AM »
I hate saying this, but I wish they would replace the host, Grant Bowler.

He was pretty robotic in the first season but I was more forgiving since it was.. well the FIRST season. But this time, he sounded very robotic and incredibly scripted.

There was that extremely forced and contrived laugh in leg 11 after he tells Michelle and Jo they have made the final three. Has anyone else caught that? it really bothers me with how... off it sounds.

There's the lack of consistency when he announces the team's placing.

He did the awful hand-raising thing while saying "in a race around the world!" line in leg 10. Ugh... I really hate that.

There's also what looks like apathy toward the teams in general. Barely asks questions or anything.

This is weird, but what is with that pose while he's standing on the finish line? He's got one arm on his hips and leaning his weight on it, it's the kind of pose you see female models do in magazine.

I've got more, but it'll take forever to list them all. In all, he's just incredibly unnatural sounding, I want a different host. Phil Keoghan perhaps?  :)
Bring on the 21!

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2012, 05:03:17 AM »

He was pretty robotic in the first season but I was more forgiving since it was.. well the FIRST season. But this time, he sounded very robotic and incredibly scripted.

There was that extremely forced and contrived laugh in leg 11 after he tells Michelle and Jo they have made the final three. Has anyone else caught that? it really bothers me with how... off it sounds.

He did the awful hand-raising thing while saying "in a race around the world!" line in leg 10. Ugh... I really hate that.

There's also what looks like apathy toward the teams in general. Barely asks questions or anything.

This is weird, but what is with that pose while he's standing on the finish line? He's got one arm on his hips and leaning his weight on it, it's the kind of pose you see female models do in magazine.

I've got more, but it'll take forever to list them all. In all, he's just incredibly unnatural sounding, I want a different host. Phil Keoghan perhaps?  :)

This dude would be a legendary host.

Offline 123blueandwhite

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2012, 05:05:39 AM »
I agree, there's just something missing about Grant. He never seems to show much emotion and the little spiel he did at the finish line just didn't seem all that enthusiastic.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2012, 05:05:59 AM »

This dude would be a legendary host.

:groan:

And I really hate it when he doesn't say 'You are Team......Number...........'     for some reason it really irks me.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2012, 05:08:00 AM »
I have figured out the reason why Grant isn't that good!

Show content
It isn't that Grant isn't a good host, but....
Show content
We are comparing him to the legendary Phil Keoghan and compared to him, everyone is bad.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2012, 05:39:32 AM »

THIS.
I don't know what it was but the worst part of the season was at the Finish Line! His position just looked so awkward and he sounded so scripted and he was way way too enthusiastic and it all just seemed wrong!

:gaah:

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2012, 06:04:37 AM »
I have to admit that he's not a terrible host, but he's not a really good one in my opinion. I try my best not to compare him to Phil since no one can best Phil, it is hard.

The good news though is that he is miles better than Allan Wu on the Amazing Race Asia (which might as well be called "The Allan Show" because of his hosting style)

Anyway, Grant really needs to loosen up, show some interests in the teams, stop with those weird poses. This is the Amazing Race, not a photoshoot for GQ. He also needs to do something about the extremely scripted and unnatural tone in his voice.

Bring on the 21!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2012, 06:10:40 AM »
I actually like Grant Bowler, but the only thing I don't like about him is that he doesn't say 'you are team number...' and comes up with his own various alternatives.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2012, 06:16:32 AM »
I actually like Grant Bowler, but the only thing I don't like about him is that he doesn't say 'you are team number...' and comes up with his own various alternatives.

This is the #1 most annoying thing!  :gaah:

It makes me feel like, hang on, something isn't right.......Oh, it's just Grant's hosting style.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2012, 07:49:58 AM »
Grant does ask questions to the teams . The video of the eliminated teams interview is on the website

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2012, 08:24:25 AM »

This is the #1 most annoying thing!  :gaah:

It makes me feel like, hang on, something isn't right.......Oh, it's just Grant's hosting style.

Yeah, IKR! Every time one of my favourite teams gets to the Pit Stop, he says 'X & Y, you are the nth team to arrive', and I'm like 'OH NO THEY'RE GETTING A PENALTY!' :gaah: :( :'( (:;) :groan: :pull :crybabe: :faint: :rules: :furious: And then I realise, 'false alarm'... :whew:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2012, 11:21:12 AM »

I've learned to appreciate Allen for being so cheesy, but when Grant did that arm lifting thing, I nearly screamed. Grant changed hosting styles, and I really don't think it was for the better.

I have figured out the reason why Grant isn't that good!

Show content
It isn't that Grant isn't a good host, but....
Show content
We are comparing him to the legendary Phil Keoghan and compared to him, everyone is bad.
Nope, Harris from the Latin American seasons was decent, Raz from HaMerotz LaMillion 2 was awesome, and Freddy from Norge was incredible. I'm not comparing Grant to Phil.

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2012, 11:54:00 AM »
Well at least Grant seemed more energetic and personable this time around! Even if some of his moves were a bit over-exaggerated I reckon come the third season he'll find the middle ground.
I really do wish the next season visits South America, returns back to another country in Africa and perhaps even goes to the US, and maybe some weird Asian country like Mongolia (on purpose this time and not just do a Joseph and Grace!  :lol3:)

As for teams it would be nice to see maybe an older married couple but still relatively fit and lovable, definitely your token gay couple, definitely some sort of Asian couple (whether they'd be Chinese, Indian etc...) actually I recall seeing some Asian guy on YouTube do a mock Amazing Race around Perth (pretty decent effort and seemed like a big fan of the race). We also need a mother and daughter/son combo and some real bogans to really mix up the pot. Casting this recent season was one of the best but I think the caricatured teams were over-publicised and that's what put a lot of viewers off. The real, genuine and down to earth fans of the race are what we want to see that actually enjoy the race and want to do it for the experience (The Big W Ladies) and not the publicity.

And since everyone else is mentioning an All Stars season already I'd love to see perhaps 3 teams from the first 4 seasons returning for All Stars Season 5. The 3 teams I'd like to see back from season 1 are Sam & Renae, The Big W Ladies and surprisingly Joey & Richard. And from season 2 Lucy & Emilia, Sam & Sticky and Michelle & Jo.