Author Topic: The Bachelor 16: Ben Flajnik  (Read 19325 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
The Bachelor 16: Ben Flajnik
« on: August 17, 2011, 10:04:36 AM »
Ben who was the first runner-up on Ashley's season is the new Bachelor. Announcement coming shortly!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 12:04:11 PM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
Re: The Bachelor 16: Ben Flajnik
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 12:31:20 PM »
Exclusive: Ben Flajnik Is the Next Bachelor!

Looks like Jennifer Love Hewitt missed her chance!

Ben Flajnik might have gotten his heart broken by Bachelorette Ashley Hebert, but the 28-year-old Sonoma winemaker is getting a second chance at finding love on reality TV! A source confirms to the new Us Weekly -- on stands now - - that Flajnik is the next star of The Bachelor.

Though ABC has yet to announce its choice, another insider tells Us that Flajnik's popularity with fans made him the top pick. "They think he'll be ratings gold," says the insider.. "His [August 6] date with Jennifer Love Hewitt was icing on the cake!

http://www.usmagazine.com/moviestvmusic/news/ben-flajnik-is-the-next-bachelor-2011248

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 01:39:00 PM »
Official press release from ABC

ABC announces Ben Flajnik as next "Bachelor"

FAN FAVORITE BEN FLAJNIK RETURNS
TO FIND LOVE AGAIN ON ABC'S HIT ROMANCE REALITY SERIES,
"THE BACHELOR," WHEN IT RETURNS TO ABC IN JANUARY 2012

Watch Ben's First Public Appearance as the New Bachelor
During the Season Finale of "Bachelor Pad," Monday, September 12

Millions of viewers shared the heartbreak of Ben Flajnik (pronounced Flannick) when his soulful and heartfelt proposal was rejected by Ashley Hebert in the emotional finale of last season's "The Bachelorette." Now Ben is ready to put all the disappointment and hurt behind him in order to move on with his life, his phenomenal success as a businessman and his search for the right woman to be his wife and to start a family with, as he stars in the next edition of ABC's hit romance reality series, "The Bachelor," when it returns to ABC in January 2012.

The 28-year-old bachelor has fallen in love three times (Ashley being the third), but has only proposed the one time; that one failed proposal won't stop him from trying again. He is confident that, having found love on "The Bachelorette," he will find his soul mate and a lasting, love-filled relationship this time on "The Bachelor."

Ben, whose easy going charm and sense of humor made him so popular and relatable to viewers, is part of a very close knit family, including his mother and sister. Unfortunately his father, Joseph, with whom Ben was best friends, died almost four years ago. Always supportive, his father personified the kind of husband and father Ben wanted to be. Ben grew up in Sonoma, California, leaving for Tucson before he started high school because of his dad's work. His mother is a teacher of third grade "gifted students." Ben stayed in Arizona to attend the University of Arizona, majoring in music production with a minor in business. He quickly found success in the business world, working in Internet advertising after he graduated college. After his father died in 2007, Ben moved back to California, and he plans to stay in northern California for the foreseeable future.

A rare, modern Renaissance man, Ben dabbles in a lot of hobbies and crafts, such as crab fishing, sailing, golf, skate boarding, surfing, playing piano and singing in a tribute band. He is also quite handy with a hammer and saw, and loves fixing and building things, as well as landscaping. The woman who will share his life will also have to share one of his other great loves: his Jack Russell Terrier, Scotch.

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=090611_03

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 11:50:44 PM »
Chris Harrison: The Ladies Are Excited for Bachelor Ben Flajnik

If the casting sessions with the women are any indication, Ben Flajnik will prove to be a very popular man indeed on the upcoming season of The Bachelor.

"We were able to tell the girls, you know, who our bachelor was. So, they're fired up. And if they're excited, then it's going to be a good season," the show's host, Chris Harrison, told PEOPLE Sunday after finishing the Nautica Malibu Triathlon.

Harrison, 40, got to know Flajnik, 28, during this past season of The Bachelorette, when he famously had his proposal rejected by Ashley Hebert.

"I traveled with him, obviously, in Ashley's season and got to know these guys really well, and he's a good guy. He's a great guy," says Harrison. "I mean, who wouldn't want a good-looking guy who lives up in Sonoma on a vineyard? So, it's going to be an interesting season, for sure."

Harrison has a whole Bachelor and Bachelorette connection to the Nautica Malibu Triathlon. Andy Baldwin, the star of season 10 of The Bachelor, first got him into it. And now, each year it's a chance to catch up with Trista and Ryan Sutter – as Ryan also competes in the race.

"It's the one big tri I do a year. It's kinda cool," says Harrison. "Ryan and Trista come and stay with us for the week and hang out. He kicks my butt. So, it's fun."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20529632,00.html

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 10:31:44 AM »
ABC's first promo pic of the new Bachelor. Very appropriate since Ben is a winemaker. Love the picture!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 11:01:03 AM »
ABC press release:

Wednesday, November 02, 2011
ABC Television Network
PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT -
ABC ANNOUNCES NEW BACHELOR FOR 16TH EDITION OF ROMANCE REALITY SERIES (PREMIERES JAN. 2, 2012)

FAN FAVORITE BEN FLAJNIK GETS A SECOND CHANCE AT LOVE
STARRING ON ABC'S HIT ROMANCE REALITY SERIES, "THE BACHELOR,"
WHEN IT PREMIERES ON JANUARY 2, 2012

Millions of viewers shared the heartbreak of Ben Flajnik (pronounced Flannick) when his soulful and heartfelt proposal was rejected by Ashley Hebert in the emotional finale of last season's "The Bachelorette." Now Ben is ready to put all the disappointment and hurt behind him in order to move on with his life, his phenomenal success as a businessman and winemaker, and his search for the right woman to be his wife and to start a family with. He will begin his own bid for true love, choosing from among 25 bachelorettes, when the 16th edition of ABC's hit romance reality series, "The Bachelor," premieres MONDAY, JANUARY 2 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

The 29-year-old bachelor has fallen in love three times (Ashley being the third), but has only proposed the one time; that one failed proposal won't stop him from trying again. He is confident that, having found love on "The Bachelorette," he will find his soul mate and a lasting, love-filled relationship this time on "The Bachelor."

Ben, whose easy going charm and sense of humor made him so popular and relatable to viewers, is part of a very close knit family, including his mother and sister. Unfortunately his father, Joseph, with whom he was best friends, died five years ago. Always supportive, his father personified the kind of husband and father Ben wanted to be. Growing up in Sonoma, California, Ben left for Tucson before he started high school because of his dad's work. His mother is a teacher of third grade "gifted students." Ben stayed in Arizona to attend the University of Arizona, majoring in music production with a minor in business. He quickly found success in the business world, working in Internet advertising after he graduated college. His passion for wine making has turned into a full-time business. He and two other partners entered the wine business three years ago and currently have multiple wine brands. After his father died, Ben moved back to California, and he plans to stay in northern California for the foreseeable future.

A rare, modern Renaissance man, Ben dabbles in a lot of hobbies and crafts such as crab fishing, sailing, golf, skate boarding, surfing, playing piano and singing in a tribute band. He is also quite handy with a hammer and saw, and loves fixing and building things. The woman who will share his life will also have to share one of his other great loves: his Jack Russell Terrier, Scotch.

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=110211_02

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 02:53:30 AM »
First promo of the season aired during Dancing with the Stars last night (in slo-mo to see details better!)

credit to tvtymes

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2EUJs7_9Dj4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2EUJs7_9Dj4</a>

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 08:17:41 PM »
ABC press release:

SEASON PREMIERE

BEN FLAJNIK STARTS HIS SEARCH FOR LOVE ON ABC'S HIT ROMANCE REALITY SERIES, "THE BACHELOR," PREMIERING MONDAY, JANUARY 2, 2012 ON ABC

A Senior Citizen Who is Madly in Love with the Bachelor and a Woman on Horseback
Mark the Beginning of Ben's Journey to Find His Soul Mate

This Season's Highlights Include Private Concerts by Platinum Recording Artist Matt Nathanson and Country Music Superstar Clay Walker, Romantic Trips to Puerto Rico, Panama and Belize, plus
A Spectacular Trip to Switzerland for Seductive Overnight Dates and the Emotional Finale

Millions of viewers were shocked, along with Ben Flajnik (pronounced Flannick), 29, the handsome winemaker from Sonoma, when, after summoning the courage to get down on one knee and offer his heartfelt proposal to Bachelorette Ashley Hebert, she rejected him, sending him off heartbroken and angry. But Ben isn't giving up. He is back as the Bachelor and ready to risk it all again for another chance at love. He begins the search for his soul mate, choosing from among 25 beautiful bachelorettes, when "The Bachelor" premieres MONDAY, JANUARY 2 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET) , on the ABC Television Network. This will be the 16th season of ABC's hit romance reality series.

In "Episode 1601," Ben returns to the mansion for the first big cocktail party. He explains to Chris Harrison that, as painful as his experience was last season, he has no regrets. When Ben began his journey with Ashley, he was emotionally shut down due to his grief over his father's death. Ultimately, he was able to open himself up again to love. Because of that journey, he is a different man and ready to try and find love again.

As the limos pull up, Ben is overwhelmed by how excited these beautiful women are to meet him. An attractive young law student informs Ben that he's been found guilty - of being sexy! A germ-conscious epidemiologist sanitizes both herself and Ben, and then promptly steals the season's first kiss. But nothing can prepare Ben for the moment the limo door opens and a senior citizen steps out. Who is this mysterious septuagenarian, and why is she confessing that she is madly in love with him? And just when it seems he has seen it all, a horse trots up with the last bachelorette in the saddle.

Once inside the mansion, the competition for Ben's attention heats up. An easy-going woman and a sweet divorcee both make an early play for the Bachelor, while the sexy equestrian proves she is equally as charming without the horse. But Ben's older admirer advises him that he needs a family-oriented woman. The pressure mounts when Chris brings out the "first impression" rose, as one woman after another attempts to win Ben's heart and the rose. One athletic woman corners Ben for a quick soccer game; a sassy personal trainer demands he do pushups; a gorgeous model seduces him and a charming scholar demonstrates her "gangsta" side by performing a rap she wrote just for him. But drama erupts when the pressure proves to be too much for one sensitive young woman. Another outgoing bachelorette seems like she might be more interested in one of the other women than in Ben. Gossip flies and the conflict escalates, leaving one woman in uncontrollable tears.

After Ben awards one vivacious beauty the "first impression" rose, he thanks the bachelorettes for calming his nerves. He regretfully must send seven women home, leaving 18 to begin an extraordinary adventure with him.

A list of the bachelorettes will be released shortly.

Romantic and adventurous dates will reach new heights this season, testing the ladies' perseverance in pursuing their romantic objective, along with fun, exciting and exotic dates that will elicit real and raw passions. For the first group date, Ben and 12 of the women audition for and act in a theater production completely run by children. After showing the ladies his hometown of Sonoma, Ben brings the remaining women to his second home, beautiful San Francisco, where one nervous bachelorette struggles to overcome her worst fear when she and Ben scale San Francisco's Bay Bridge. And the daring Bachelor even invites some of the women to ski down the city's rolling streets. One lucky lady is taken on a VIP tour of Ben's San Francisco, which ends with a private romantic concert by platinum recording artist Matt Nathanson at historic City Hall. The pristine mountains of Park City, Utah, are the backdrop for a private concert with country music superstar Clay Walker. A competitive day of fly fishing in a quiet Utah valley forces the women out of their comfort zone. The remaining bachelorettes break out their sun tan lotion and bikinis when Ben whisks them away to tropical Vieques, Puerto Rico, where sparks fly when one sexy woman goes moonlight skinny-dipping with the Bachelor. An exciting trip to the Central American country of Panama leads to a boat ride deep into the Panamanian jungle, where Ben and a group of women spend the day with a local tribe. Then it's on to the lush tropical paradise of Belize. One nervous bachelorette jumps from a helicopter into Belize's famous Great Blue Hole. A fun-filled catamaran adventure turns to panic when the women discover they are going swimming with sharks. Finally, after spending passionate weeks in the hot tropics, Ben brings his final three women to Switzerland for a dramatic change of scenery for the exotic dates and the finale. Despite the storybook setting, Ben starts to question his decisions. Will he miss his chance for a happy ending again?

As in the past, women will continue to be eliminated each week, but if at any point along the way a woman should decide that she's no longer interested in the Bachelor, she can reject his invitation to continue dating. Some lucky women will meet his family, and he will visit their hometowns for a slice of their lives in an effort to determine the woman with whom he is most compatible.

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=120511_01

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 10:08:59 PM »
25 bachelorette vying for Ben's heart!

Release on Dec 8.
http://abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelor/bachelorette-announcement

Amber B.

Amber T.

Anna

« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 10:16:18 PM by LoveRocked »
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 10:11:00 PM »
Blakely

Brittney

Casey S.

Courtney

I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 10:12:50 PM »
Dianna

Elyse

Emily

Erika

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 10:14:59 PM »
Holly

Jaclyn

Jamie

Jenna

Jennifer

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 10:19:09 PM »
Kacie

Lindzi C

Lyndsie J

Monica

Nicki

Rachel
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 03:13:38 PM by LoveRocked »

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 10:21:34 PM »
Samantha

Shawn

Sheryl

Shira

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 10:23:00 PM »
THE 25 BACHELORETTES ARE REVEALED FOR 16TH EDITION OF THE BACHELOR

BEN FLAJNIK BEGINS HIS SEARCH FOR THAT ONE SPECIAL WOMAN
WHEN “THE BACHELOR” PREMIERES, MONDAY, JANUARY 2, ON ABC
The 25 Bachelorettes Who Look to Capture the Sexy Winemaker’s Heart Are Revealed

Who is the Mysterious, Gray-Haired “Vixen” Who Has Her Sights Set on Ben?
What do a self-proclaimed relationship expert, a Southern sweetie, a vivacious animal lover, a mid-western huntress and a competitive model who knows how to work a catwalk — but may be prone to indulge in catfights — have in common? They all have their sights set on moving to San Francisco with the Bachelor, Ben Flajnik, when the 16th edition of ABC’s popular romance reality series, “The Bachelor,” premieres MONDAY, JANUARY 2 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Ben, 29, the handsome winemaker from Sonoma, meets 25 potential soul mates as he begins his exciting search for true love. In the premiere, “Episode 1601,” Ben prepares for the night of his life, as the 25 beautiful bachelorettes, all clamoring to meet him, begin to arrive.

Erika, the young law student, informs Ben that the verdict is in and he is convicted of being sexy. Emily, the germ conscious epidemiologist, doesn’t miss a beat, quickly sanitizing both herself and Ben before grabbing the season’s first kiss. And in a questionable move, Anna decides that Ben should only get a look at her before she struts right by him and straight into the mansion. But Ben is taken aback when Sheryl, a sprite senior citizen, confesses she is madly in love with him. But what is her real motive? Finally, making her grand entrance, Lindzi arrives on horseback in time to intrigue Ben and capture his attention.

As the party begins and the “first impression” rose is brought out, the competition ramps up. Shawn, a single, athletic mom, pulls Ben aside for a quick soccer game. Elyse, an attractive personal trainer, commands Ben to do pushups. Emily decides to show Ben a different side of her personality as she performs a rap she wrote just for him. However, when Jenna, a sensitive New York blogger, is brought to tears by the more forceful Monica, there are storm clouds ahead — particularly since Monica seems a lot more interested in Blakeley then Ben. The commotion and cat fighting culminate in Jenna dissolving in uncontrollable tears.

After Ben’s first rose ceremony, 18 women will remain to compete for his affection and, in the end, his heart.

The 25 women are:

Amber B., 23, labor and delivery nurse, Port Coquitlam, Canada
Amber T., 29, critical care nurse, Waverly, NE
Anna, 25, student, Detroit, MI
Blakeley, 34, VIP cocktail waitress, Charlotte, NC
Brittney, 26, medical sales rep, Denver, CO
Casey S., 26, trading clerk, Leawood, KS
Courtney, 28, model, Santa Monica, CA
Dianna, 30, non-profit director, San Gabriel, CA
Elyse, 24, personal trainer, Chicago, IL
Emily, 27, PhD student, Chapel Hill, NC
Erika, 23, law student, Chicago, IL
Holly, 34, pharmaceutical sales rep, Salyersville, KY
Jaclyn, 27, advertising account manager, Newton, MA
Jamie, 25, registered nurse, Dryden, NY
Jenna, 27, blogger, New York City, NY
Jennifer, 28, accountant, Oklahoma City, OK
Kacie B., 24, administrative assistant, Clarksville, TN
Lindzi C., 27, business development manager, Seattle, WA
Lyndsie J., 29, internet entrepreneur, Scottsdale, AZ
Monica, 33, dental consultant, Salt Lake City, UT
Nicki, 26, dental hygienist, Hurst, TX
Rachel, 27, fashion sales rep., New York City, NY
Samantha, 26, advertising account manager, Los Angeles, CA
Shawn, 28, financial advisor, Phoenix, AZ
Shira, actress, Los Angeles, CA

Hosted by Chris Harrison, “The Bachelor” is a production of Next Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television. Mike Fleiss and Martin Hilton are the executive producers. “The Bachelor” is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC’s selected HDTV format, with stereo sound.

http://tvpressfeed.com/2011/12/the-25-bachelorettes-are-revealed-for-16th-edition-of-the-bachelor/
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 03:14:11 PM by LoveRocked »

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 03:15:06 PM »
BEN FLAJNIK STARTS HIS SEARCH FOR LOVE ON ABC’S HIT ROMANCE REALITY SERIES,

“THE BACHELOR,” PREMIERING MONDAY, JANUARY 2, 2012 ON ABC

A Senior Citizen Who is Madly in Love with the Bachelor and a Woman on Horseback

Mark the Beginning of Ben’s Journey to Find His Soul Mate

This Season’s Highlights Include Private Concerts by Platinum Recording Artist Matt Nathanson and Country Music Superstar Clay Walker, Romantic Trips to Puerto Rico, Panama and Belize, plus

A Spectacular Trip to Switzerland for Seductive Overnight Dates and the Emotional Finale

Millions of viewers were shocked, along with Ben Flajnik (pronounced Flannick), 29, the handsome winemaker from Sonoma, when, after summoning the courage to get down on one knee and offer his heartfelt proposal to Bachelorette Ashley Hebert, she rejected him, sending him off heartbroken and angry. But Ben isn’t giving up. He is back as the Bachelor and ready to risk it all again for another chance at love. He begins the search for his soul mate, choosing from among 25 beautiful bachelorettes, when “The Bachelor” premieres MONDAY, JANUARY 2 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET) , on the ABC Television Network. This will be the 16th season of ABC’s hit romance reality series.

In “Episode 1601,” Ben returns to the mansion for the first big cocktail party. He explains to Chris Harrison that, as painful as his experience was last season, he has no regrets. When Ben began his journey with Ashley, he was emotionally shut down due to his grief over his father’s death. Ultimately, he was able to open himself up again to love. Because of that journey, he is a different man and ready to try and find love again.

As the limos pull up, Ben is overwhelmed by how excited these beautiful women are to meet him. An attractive young law student informs Ben that he’s been found guilty – of being sexy! A germ-conscious epidemiologist sanitizes both herself and Ben, and then promptly steals the season’s first kiss. But nothing can prepare Ben for the moment the limo door opens and a senior citizen steps out. Who is this mysterious septuagenarian, and why is she confessing that she is madly in love with him? And just when it seems he has seen it all, a horse trots up with the last bachelorette in the saddle.

Once inside the mansion, the competition for Ben’s attention heats up. An easy-going woman and a sweet divorcee both make an early play for the Bachelor, while the sexy equestrian proves she is equally as charming without the horse. But Ben’s older admirer advises him that he needs a family-oriented woman. The pressure mounts when Chris brings out the “first impression” rose, as one woman after another attempts to win Ben’s heart and the rose. One athletic woman corners Ben for a quick soccer game; a sassy personal trainer demands he do pushups; a gorgeous model seduces him and a charming scholar demonstrates her “gangsta” side by performing a rap she wrote just for him. But drama erupts when the pressure proves to be too much for one sensitive young woman. Another outgoing bachelorette seems like she might be more interested in one of the other women than in Ben. Gossip flies and the conflict escalates, leaving one woman in uncontrollable tears.

After Ben awards one vivacious beauty the “first impression” rose, he thanks the bachelorettes for calming his nerves. He regretfully must send seven women home, leaving 18 to begin an extraordinary adventure with him.

A list of the bachelorettes will be released shortly.

Romantic and adventurous dates will reach new heights this season, testing the ladies’ perseverance in pursuing their romantic objective, along with fun, exciting and exotic dates that will elicit real and raw passions. For the first group date, Ben and 12 of the women audition for and act in a theater production completely run by children. After showing the ladies his hometown of Sonoma, Ben brings the remaining women to his second home, beautiful San Francisco, where one nervous bachelorette struggles to overcome her worst fear when she and Ben scale San Francisco’s Bay Bridge. And the daring Bachelor even invites some of the women to ski down the city’s rolling streets. One lucky lady is taken on a VIP tour of Ben’s San Francisco, which ends with a private romantic concert by platinum recording artist Matt Nathanson at historic City Hall. The pristine mountains of Park City, Utah, are the backdrop for a private concert with country music superstar Clay Walker. A competitive day of fly fishing in a quiet Utah valley forces the women out of their comfort zone. The remaining bachelorettes break out their sun tan lotion and bikinis when Ben whisks them away to tropical Vieques, Puerto Rico, where sparks fly when one sexy woman goes moonlight skinny-dipping with the Bachelor. An exciting trip to the Central American country of Panama leads to a boat ride deep into the Panamanian jungle, where Ben and a group of women spend the day with a local tribe. Then it’s on to the lush tropical paradise of Belize. One nervous bachelorette jumps from a helicopter into Belize’s famous Great Blue Hole. A fun-filled catamaran adventure turns to panic when the women discover they are going swimming with sharks. Finally, after spending passionate weeks in the hot tropics, Ben brings his final three women to Switzerland for a dramatic change of scenery for the exotic dates and the finale. Despite the storybook setting, Ben starts to question his decisions. Will he miss his chance for a happy ending again?

As in the past, women will continue to be eliminated each week, but if at any point along the way a woman should decide that she’s no longer interested in the Bachelor, she can reject his invitation to continue dating. Some lucky women will meet his family, and he will visit their hometowns for a slice of their lives in an effort to determine the woman with whom he is most compatible.

Hosted by Chris Harrison, “The Bachelor” is a production of Next Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television. Mike Fleiss and Martin Hilton are the executive producers.

This episode of “The Bachelor” will be available on ABC.com the day after airing on the network for users to watch online. For more information on “The Bachelor” visit ABC.com.

“The Bachelor” is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC’s selected HDTV format, with stereo sound. A parental guideline will be assigned closer to the airdate.

http://tvpressfeed.com/2011/12/abc-details-the-bachelor-with-ben-flajnik-season-premiere/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 12:25:27 PM »
Ok, I now know who the F4, F3, F2 and the F1 are. Only thing I'm gonna say here is that Ben is indeed engaged to 1 of these 25 girls. If you want to know who they are, shoot me a PM and I'll tell you privately.

Just a reminder, the season starts on Monday, January 2nd on ABC.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 01:33:59 AM »
Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' season premiere

Welcome back to a very special edition of The Bachelor. I know you’ve heard that before, but all kidding aside this season is incredibly special for those of us who have put our heart and soul into this franchise. This season officially marks our 10th year on TV. That is an amazing accomplishment in this day and age of network television. There are actually a few of us, including myself, that have been here since the beginning. To borrow a cheesy Bachelor phrase: it’s been an amazing journey. Whether you’ve been watching us since the beginning or just jumped on the bandwagon I want to say thank you! Please know that it’s never lost on any of us that work so hard on this franchise that the only reason we are around is because you have chosen to make us a part of your Monday night ritual. I’m incredibly excited this is our 10th year, because as you saw on Monday night, this season is more than worthy of not only holding up the Bachelor mantle, but also taking it to new heights.

We always start the new season with a look back at how we got here, but for some reason this time going back to Fiji and watching Ben’s proposal to Ashley was strange. I’m not sure if it’s that Ashley and JP seem so perfect together or that Ben has come so far since that day. Kudos to the producers for throwing in some great music this season. The addition of the David Gray tune off the top was solid. You’ll see more of that throughout the season.

I always struggle how to handle the first episode blog so I’ve decided to break it down into sections. I’m going to start with quick comments on arrival highlights and then move on to the party and looking forward. Sitting down and talking to Ben again was great. He arrived a little nervous and apprehensive. Ben is a smart guy who really has his stuff together and I enjoyed my talk with him. When Ben and I talk, you’re really getting his true thoughts and feelings and not just what he wants the public to see and hear. This open, candid demeanor will continue throughout the season and it only adds to the already fantastic show.

“Oh, Ben better eat some cow balls! I’ll be disappointed if he doesn’t.” Well, that moment from Amber T. certainly gets us right into the introduction to the ladies, so now let’s get to my favorite moments from the arrivals. Erika came with the line, “You’re guilty… of being sexy!” Although it was incredibly cheesy, Erika knew her audience: Ben enjoys cheesy, so it worked for her. There is always somebody that comes on this show who just can’t handle the experience and the atmosphere; Jenna is definitely that woman this season. You could tell from the start that she just wasn’t comfortable and wasn’t fitting in. Ben thought Emily the epidemiologist was cute, but what you couldn’t tell on TV was when she tried to spray the mouth spray, it actually went sideways and hit him in the face. Ben, being a good sport, played it off well and went with the bit. Just like the person that doesn’t fit in, there’s also always somebody that gets out of the limo, sees all the lights, and just draws a blank. Congrats, Dianna, you are this season’s “blank girl.” Anna took a huge risk and walked right by Ben not saying a word. I’m assuming Anna thought that was sexy and bold, but Ben didn’t appreciate it at all. Sheryl, the grandma arriving ahead of her granddaughter Brittney, was classic. I loved the move and so did Ben. Obviously it was something that we’ve never seen before.

As good as that was, Lindzi stole the show arriving by horse. It wasn’t just the fact that she rode in, but the way she rode up that did it. She strode up the driveway with so much style and grace Ben was instantly blown away. The only thing that wasn’t cool was the surprise the horse left for our crew on the driveway! If you’re wondering, Lindzi set all that up herself. She had a friend in the area and called in a favor to borrow her horse. Still gotta appreciate Courtney’s line though: “Screw you and the horse you rode in on.”

Let the party begin! Let’s talk about the rest of the highlights from night one. It seems like I brought the first impression rose in quickly but the fact is the party went for several hours before I dropped the bomb. Whenever I bring in that first impression rose, the competition kicks up a notch. Emily killed it with the epidemiology rap — Kanye and Jay-Z, eat your hearts out. I really don’t know what to make of Monica and Blakeley’s relationship. You’ll have to be the judge and jury on that one. As for Monica and Jenna, Jenna just let Monica get the best of her. Monica saw that she could put the screws to her and she did every chance she could. Jenna was already out of her element and Monica smelled blood in the water and attacked. Jenna locked herself in the bathroom and was crying so much we weren’t sure she was even going to make it to the rose ceremony. We had to hold everything up and wait for her. Ben was somewhat aware of the drama and although he was unsure of Jenna, in the end he decided he would chalk up her emotion to first night jitters and give her another chance. I would love to tell you this story has a happy ending and Jenna redeems herself with a strong showing next week but… that’s just not what happens. Wait until you see next week. As for the night one casualties, the one that future contestants should really take note of is Anna — she took the bold risk of the fly-by in the beginning, and Ben took it as a snub. She never stood a chance after that.

As you saw in the big piece at the end of the show, we are off and running this year like never before. The women never even move into the mansion this season. Next week we’re off to Sonoma, where Ben’s vineyard is, and then his hometown of San Francisco. It’s a wild ride, and once again I’m extremely grateful you’re on board. For ten years now I’ve been telling you “this is the final rose tonight.” I would hope by now that your math skills would be better, but I’m very happy they’re not! Let the journey begin… again!  Happy New Year, and as you can find me on Twitter @chrisbharrison.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/01/03/chris-harrison-the-bachelor-season-premiere-blog-2/
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 01:37:31 AM by LoveRocked »

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 06:51:08 PM »
ABC press release:

TEARS FLOW AS THE BACHELORETTES ENGAGE IN RAUCOUS, EARLY CAT FIGHTS FOR BEN'S ATTENTION, ON ABC'S "THE BACHELOR"

Jealousy Explodes During the Season's First Group Date
"Episode 1602" - The 18 remaining bachelorettes travel to the lush vineyards of Ben's hometown of Sonoma, California. Two lucky women - Kacie B. and Courtney --will get romantic one-on-one dates, but will it further their chances of being Ben's dream woman, or will they be sent home? The group date will give 12 bachelorettes an unusual opportunity to show Ben another side of their personalities as they audition and perform roles for a community theater production - written entirely by children. However, it doesn't take long for the women to get under each other's skin and ramp up the drama, ending in uncontrollable tears for some of the bachelorettes, on "The Bachelor," MONDAY, JANUARY 9 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Ben selects Kacie B. for his first individual date of the season and whisks the adorable bachelorette off to the center of Sonoma to show her the sights and recount memories of his childhood. Over an emotional dinner, Ben talks of his father's passing and the role it played in making him the man he is now. Later, at the famed Sebastiani Theater, Ben surprises his stunning date by taking a cinematic trip down memory lane. Highlights of their respective home movies are screened especially for them. Although it is bittersweet for Ben to watch his father on screen, the experience brings Kacie and Ben closer together. But will this mean a rose for her, or will the date end in heartbreak?

The next day, 12 bachelorettes meet Ben at a local park for the first group date of the season. Ben reveals that the women will audition for and perform in a community play. But this dramatic showcase was written by children. The women are called upon individually to perform a series of embarrassing impersonations for Ben and the children. After casting the women in roles ranging from a princess to a weasel, Ben drops another bombshell: the performance will take place that night in front of a live audience. One anxious bachelorette flubs her lines, but recovers nicely and steals the show and a kiss from Ben. When the 12 ladies join Ben at a posh poolside after party at a hotel, Blakeley lures him into a steamy make out session, much to the horror of the other women. Samantha is so disturbed at this shameless ploy for Ben's attention that she escapes to the bathroom in tears. Will Ben figure out the behind-the-scenes drama among the women before he needs to hand out the roses?

Then Ben takes a picnic basket for two and his beloved dog, Scotch, to pick up Courtney, his final date of the week. The Bachelor and this sexy siren share a romantic lunch among the redwoods and bond over their similarities. They meet later at a local winery for a moonlit tractor ride and an intimate dinner under the stars. But is this woman too good to be true?

Finally, the claws come out at a tense cocktail party. One emboldened woman immediately steals Ben from another, a distraught bachelorette dissolves in tears when her alone time with Ben goes awry, and one girl completely breaks down when she feels ganged up on by the other women. Ben does his best to play peacemaker, but will the women recover from their emotional tailspins before the rose ceremony? At the end of the night, only 16 women will remain in the chase for Ben's heart.

The 18 women are:
Jenna, 27, blogger, New York City, NY
Shawn, 28, financial advisor, Phoenix, AZ

Hosted by Chris Harrison, "The Bachelor" is a production of Next Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television. Mike Fleiss and Martin Hilton are the executive producers.

This episode of "The Bachelor" will be available on ABC.com the day after airing on the network for users to watch online. For more information on "The Bachelor" visit ABC.com.

"The Bachelor" is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with stereo sound. A parental guideline will be assigned closer to the airdate.

http://www.abcmedianet.com/assets/pr/html/010312_02.html

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 12:22:08 AM »
Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' episode 2

We are off and running on what has already become one of the most talked about seasons of The Bachelor we’ve ever had. I love waking up Tuesday hearing everybody discuss issues from the previous night’s episode. I also enjoyed getting live tweets from many of you (@chrisbharrison) during the show. I have to admit though, my favorite thing last week was learning that Josh Groban and Snooki were watching the show. Groban had a great tweet saying his love child with Rafael Nadal was on ABC right now looking for love. I always find it interesting to learn who watches the show. Snooki as the next Bachelorette… hmmmm, interesting! There is one thing I left out of my first blog I wanted to cover as it is always one of the most asked questions I ever get via twitter while the first episode airs. Yes, the driveway is wet. We water it down so that it looks pretty on TV. The other reason we water the driveway is we hope that someday it will grow to be a beautiful, big super highway. With that mystery settled again, let’s talk about episode two.

You didn’t get to see much of this, but meeting the women at the house in Los Angeles only to tell them they wouldn’t be moving in was fun. The ladies had their bags packed and were ready to storm the house and get settled. They were extremely surprised but excited to learn that wouldn’t be the case, and instead we were all hitting the road and heading to Ben’s hometown of Sonoma, California. Kacie B. got the first date and it was an amazingly emotional date. First of all we got to see the chemistry and connection between Ben and Kacie, which is undeniable, but what really stood out was how deep this first date was. I’m guessing the home movies they watched that showed Ben and Kacie’s childhood hit everybody hard. Seeing how Ben reacted to hearing and seeing his dad was moving, and it says a lot about the man. That open, raw emotional honesty you saw in that moment is what you will see from Ben all season long. Like I said in last week’s blog, this will only add to what is already a fantastic season.

The group date is never easy, but the first one is especially tough considering it’s 12 on one. Incorporating the community of Sonoma and showing the town was important to Ben, and I think you got a taste of that in all three dates this week — but none more so than this group date. It’s safe to say the thing that stood out the most on this date was Blakeley and her “blessings,” as she called them. Blakeley quickly emerged in the house as one of the more unpopular ladies. This is a situation I often see on this show and it raises some interesting questions. Ladies, are there unwritten rules you should follow in trying to find and fight for love? Blakely put herself out there physically and emotionally and did everything she could to steal time with Ben even after she received a rose. Did she go too far? Should she have dialed it back like Kacie and Courtney did once they were safe, or is it her right to go after what she wants no matter what? After all, are these women there to make friends or possibly find the love of their life? These are issues that will obviously be discussed this week, but the most important answer came from Ben in the form of a rose for Blakeley. She’s safe and that means the house has to deal with her for at least one more week.

Now we move from one controversial figure in the house to another: Courtney. From the moment she walked out of the limo she caught Ben’s eye and from the moment she walked in the house she rubbed the other women the wrong way. This week you got a great look at what will become a recurring theme, and that is the two sides of Courtney. When she’s at the house she doesn’t exactly go out of her way to ingratiate herself with the other women, but when she’s with Ben it’s another story. As you saw on their date, Ben is taken by Courtney and understandably so. The conversation between them is so easy and you can see the spark between them. Ben asked the golden question concerning Courtney several times: “Is she too good to be true?” Again this is something that will continue to play out in the weeks to come as Courtney’s relationship with Ben grows and her relationship with the ladies continues to sour.

At the cocktail party, the mood went from great to awkward to meltdown in a matter of hours. On a bright note Lindzi seems to have overcome the first impression rose curse. Often the person that receives this rose gets excited by the immediate attention but then gets upset and insecure the following week. Lindzi did not fall victim to this and continues to be strong and a front-runner with Ben. Things started to get tense during the cocktail party as the thought of women going home became more real. Yes, a lot of the blame was being thrown on Blakeley’s “blessings,” but I think she became more of a scapegoat as the women realized she had a connection and was getting roses and they weren’t. Jenna is a great example of this. The conversation you saw with Ben was awkward at best. The two of them actually had another conversation later that night you didn’t get to see, and believe it or not it was even worse than the first one.

The night was officially summed up when Ben found Blakeley slumped in the corner of the luggage room crying and walked out only to find Jenna curled up crying in bed. Ben is not a big fan of drama, and this was a huge turnoff for him. He knew things would get intense eventually, but he was hoping it wasn’t going to start this early. One side note about the rose ceremony: It was freezing. It was a very cold night in Sonoma, and if you look closely you can see several of the women shivering as they stood there in the freezing temperatures.

This week was emotional and intense, but I promise you it’s nothing compared to what you’ll witness next week. You got a sneak peek at what just may be the wildest night in Bachelor history. A woman who has a history with Ben and our show will return next week, and the fallout from this is incredible and must be seen. This is an episode that everybody will be talking about for quite some time. Speaking of next week, I hope you’ll join me next Saturday night on ABC as I host the most dramatic Miss America Pageant… ever! You know I don’t just say that about everything.

I leave you this week with a quick shout out to a very special friend in our bachelor family. Kiptyn, who was a fan favorite on both The Bachelorette and Bachelor Pad, had surgery on his neck late last week. The good news he’s back home resting. Kiptyn, we wish you a speedy recovery.
For more behind the scenes info, interviews, blogs, and never-before-seen clips, check out the official Bachelor website every day.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/01/10/chris-harrison-the-bachelor-episode-2-blog-2/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2012, 01:04:45 AM »
ABC press release:

One Lucky Lady Gets the VIP Treatment from Ben in San Francisco and a
Private Concert from Platinum Recording Artist Matt Nathanson

AN EXPLOSIVE ENTRANCE BY A MYSTERIOUS WOMAN FROM BEN’S PAST SHOCKS THE BACHELORETTES AND THE CLAWS COME OUT; ONE WOMAN FAINTS AND ANOTHER DOES THE UNIMAGINABLE, AS BEN DROPS A BOMBSHELL HIMSELF, ON ABC’S “THE BACHELOR”

“Episode 1603” – Fireworks erupt when a woman from Ben’s past makes a sudden dramatic appearance at the cocktail party to let him know she has feelings for him and wants to be in the hunt for his heart. However, Ben starts the unforgettable week by sharing his wonderful city of San Francisco with the women. It begins with a nerve-shattering adrenaline date with Emily climbing to the top of the Bay Bridge, continues with a group date where 11 women ski down a snow-covered street and culminates with Ben’s intimate city tour with Lindzi and a special exclusive concert by Matt Nathanson. But the women continue to surprise, as one bachelorette rejects Ben’s offer of a one-on-one date. The tension is so high that one woman faints during the rose ceremony. But Ben shocks all the bachelorettes as he makes an unusual decision to end the night, on “The Bachelor,” MONDAY, JANUARY 16 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Upon arriving in Ben’s beloved city by the bay, Ben meets his sister to give her the lowdown on some of the more intriguing women. While Ben’s 16 suitors explore their suite at the famed Fairmont Hotel, they learn from Chris Harrison that not everyone will get a date this week. But those lucky enough to get individual dates will either be receiving a rose or going home immediately. An excited Emily turns out to be the first fortunate lady. Her heart races even faster when she finds out that the date involves climbing 500 feet to the top of the Bay Bridge, scaling up the exterior beams. As the couple begins to ascend high over the water, the nervous bachelorette begins to shut down. How will she handle her two biggest fears – rejection and heights? Will she fall from grace and be sent home without a rose?

The next day, Ben surprises 11 of the women by taking them skiing for the day. They don’t realize that he has shut down a San Francisco street in the middle of the city and covered it with snow for their adventure. The ladies strip down to bikinis and hit the slope. The competition for Ben’s rose continues to be fierce at the after party, but one emotional bachelorette crashes the festivities to give Ben some very unexpected news. She declines the one-on-one date invitation he extended to her. The moment is a real gut-check for Ben and causes him to question everything.

For the final individual date, Ben takes a grateful and ecstatic Lindzi on a personal tour of his city. When the two stop at City Hall, they are treated to a private concert by platinum recording artist Matt Nathanson. Lindzi captured the first impression rose, but does her laid back style net her a second one?

But Ben is completely stunned when a very determined woman storms into the cocktail party and confesses her feelings for him. She pushes it even further, asking to stay for the rose ceremony. The other women strike back with a stinging verbal attack. One infuriated woman even threatens to leave if the newcomer gets a rose.

The anxiety is ratcheted up at the rose ceremony. One worried woman faints and one breaks down in tears. In the end, Ben pulls a shocker himself. Thirteen women remain to move to the next stop: Park City, Utah.

The 16 women are:

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=011012_03

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2012, 02:46:55 AM »
Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' episode 3

I gave you fair warning that this week’s episode was a wild one. We started by making the short trip over from Sonoma to Ben’s hometown of San Francisco. I love this seemingly simple change in the show of going to locations that mean so much to our bachelor. Obviously we always travel to the contestants’ hometowns towards the end of the season, but this is completely different. It’s great for these women to see Ben in his hometown and get a real glimpse of what life will be like with him… minus Matt Nathanson, climbing the Bay Bridge,and skiing in the middle of the city. But other than that, it’s exactly what life would be like with him in San Francisco. We stayed in the historic Fairmont hotel in San Francisco. We’ve stayed in many of their properties around the world and they’re all great but I have to say the crew we worked with here was second to none.

Emily got the first date this week and I can easily say this was the scariest date we have ever had on this show. Before each date a member of our team will go through it first to make sure it works and to make sure there’s a good chance everybody will live to tell about it. When our crewmember returned he told us climbing the Bay Bridge was beyond the craziest scariest thing he had ever attempted, and this guy has done pretty much everything from skydiving to bungee jumping. Emily and Ben slowly made their way up the bridge, and what we failed to mention was once you start up there’s no turning back. The only way off the bridge was to go up to the top and down the stairs that are in the column that runs back down to the ground. Turns out they cheated death and made it to what turned out to be a very romantic dinner. These two really hit it off and have a good thing going. If you noticed at the end of the show Courtney and Emily have a rivalry brewing and this will continue to build and spill over in the coming weeks.

Words can’t quite describe just how awesome the group date was this week. Only our producers would come up with the idea of putting snow on a San Francisco city street and setting up a ski slope. And in true Bachelor fashion everybody hit the slope in what else… their bathing suits. One of the other changes in our show that I like is how we hold many of these dates now in public arenas. As you saw people were all over the place watching this spectacle and that really adds to the atmosphere. It’s hard to explain exactly what happened with Brittney and why she left. What I can say is for the first time ever a woman walked off the show before she ever went on the date. It appeared that Brittney just wasn’t feeling comfortable in the house and felt like she was just taking time from Ben that the other women would appreciate much more. In the end it was a noble gesture to pull herself out before the date so somebody like Lindzi could have that time. Lindzi did get Brittany’s sloppy seconds one-on-one date and it turned out to be fantastic. Once again I love how we’re infusing more good music and musicians on the show. Matt Nathanson performing “Faster” was fantastic and of course we’ve been playing a little David Gray all season long. This will continue next week as we hold a huge concert in Park City Utah that we opened up to the public.

I know I’ve buried the lead in this blog by not talking about Shawntel yet, so here we go. Shawntel called and informed me that she and Ben had started a dialogue via text after he was on The Bachelorette. Shawntel told me things were going well and she would really like to see if there was more to this relationship, and that she would deeply regret not doing so. I invited her to join us in San Francisco. I obviously knew the other women wouldn’t be happy but I had no idea it would go this bad. I didn’t foresee the complete nuclear meltdown that took place once Shawntel strolled into the cocktail party that night. You all saw the result, so what I want to mention is how pivotal this moment was and how it changed the rest of the season. The ladies’ reaction was so strong Ben couldn’t help but realize just how serious these women were taking this. In return, Ben made the decision to send her home, which sent a definite message to the women that he’s equally serious and sincere about this. This gesture and the good vibe definitely carried over and followed us the following week to Park City, Utah.

As I say goodbye this week I want to thank those of you who bravely opened your doors to Ben and I as we crashed several Bachelor viewing parties around Los Angeles last week. The response we got was priceless. We’ll have a video up this week on our official website. This went far better than we could have ever hoped and we will definitely be doing this again. So on Monday night if you hear a knock on your door, it just might be us!

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/01/17/chris-harrison-the-bachelor-episode-3-blog-2/

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2012, 03:02:38 PM »
ABC Press Release

EMILY'S COMPETITIVE STRATEGY GETS UNDER ONE WOMAN'S SKIN AND CAUSES
A FIRESTORM, AND BEN STUNS THE BACHELORETTES WITH ONE OF HIS DECISIONS,
ON ABC'S "THE BACHELOR"

Country Music Superstar Clay Walker Serenades Ben and Jennifer in a Special Concert

"Episode 1604" - Ben explores his romantic connections to his 13 remaining potential soul mates against the backdrop of the majestic mountains of Park City, Utah. There are intimate one-on-dates with Rachel and Jennifer, and a spectacular group date horseback riding across some of Utah's most beautiful terrain. But Ben has a surprise for one of the bachelorettes at the after party that shocks all the women. Jealousy rears its ugly head when Emily decides it is time to warn Ben about one of the women who may not be as sweet as she seems. But will her plan backfire? The tension is unbearable as women who haven't had any time with Ben during the week fight for his attention, on "The Bachelor," MONDAY, JANUARY 23 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

When the women arrive at the Waldorf Astoria Park City Canyons Resort, Rachel discovers that she is the lucky woman to get the first one-on-one date. And as thrilled as she is, Kacie B. is having a hard time dealing with Rachel getting to spend alone time with Ben and dissolves in tears.
Ben and Rachel spend a blissful afternoon exploring the Utah countryside via helicopter, landing near a secluded lake for a romantic kayaking tour and private picnic. But just when Ben decides to get serious, the bubbly bachelorette suddenly gets very quiet. Will her fear of opening up cost her a rose?

The next day Ben takes eight enthusiastic women on a breathtaking horseback ride only to spring a surprise on the ladies that they will be spending the day fly-fishing. The eager bachelorettes gear up and attempt to catch some fish, but of course there is a competitive woman who is more interested in catching Ben - not fish. However, at the after party back at the hotel pool, Ben makes another shocking decision that startles the women. At the end of the night, one ecstatic bachelorette who is hoping for the rose is rendered helpless when one of the more sexy seductresses swoops in to claim it.

Jennifer is the next fortunate woman to get her first one-on-one date. The adventurous Bachelor reveals that they will be rappelling down into a mysterious crater, where there is actually warm water below. Lowering themselves into the dark abyss, they drop to the water and reunite for a kiss. Later that night, the couple enjoy a romantic rain-soaked outdoor dinner and a then a real treat: a private concert by country music superstar Clay Walker. Jennifer feels she is a perfect match for Ben, but will he feel the same and extend her a rose?

As usual, sparks fly at the cocktail party when Emily decides it's time to warn Ben about one woman who might not be as sweet as she seems, but will her plan backfire? And when the two bachelorettes confront one another - all bets are off! A fierce dispute puts everyone on edge.

Tensions are still sizzling at the rose ceremony, but Ben knows what he needs to do. At the end of the night 11 women will remain to travel with him to Puerto Rico.

The 13 women are:

Hosted by Chris Harrison, "The Bachelor" is a production of Next Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television. Mike Fleiss and Martin Hilton are the executive producers.

This episode of "The Bachelor" will be available on ABC.com the day after airing on the network for users to watch online. For more information on "The Bachelor" visit ABC.com.

"The Bachelor" is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with stereo sound. This program carries a TV-14,L parental guideline.

http://www.abcmedianet.com/assets/pr/html/011712_02.html

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2012, 02:14:32 AM »
Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' episode 4

This week’s road trip took us to the home of Michelle Money and Bentley: Park City, Utah. We stayed at the Canyons resort, which has a beautiful Waldorf Astoria hotel and spa. If you get the opportunity, it’s well worth checking out this property, and Park City itself is incredible, especially the time of year we were there. As you could see, the trees had just changed and the scenery was breathtaking.

Rachel received the first one-on-one date, and although it got off to an upbeat start in a chopper, it was a rough ride in many ways. Between the altitude and the helicopter Rachel wasn’t feeling great and the date was a bit awkward at first. Thankfully, she recovered. The lake they went to was deep into the woods, and at night Rachel got a little freaked out at just how dark it was. It’s the stuff scary movies are made of. We didn’t really show this, but Rachel is an absolute disaster when it comes to making s’mores. She got chocolate all over herself and everything else for that matter. In the end Rachel rallied and let her guard down just enough to get a rose, but she’ll have to do more to hang with the women who are out to win it with Ben.
The group date was pure Park City, horseback riding and trout fishing — with a little bit of back stabbing, trash-talking and emotion on the side. The relationships between Courtney and most of the women continued to be strained, but particularly the one between her and Emily. Courtney didn’t seem to put any energy into changing the direction her relationship was going with the women, but she put a lot of energy into improving her connection with Ben. Courtney is a great player and incredibly competitive; Ben is the ultimate prize and she has made it very clear she will do anything to win that prize. Now the big question is: Is this a big game to Courtney or does she really have feelings for Ben? I mentioned Michelle Money at the top of this blog and it’s ironic we’re near her hometown. I wonder if Courtney is much like Michelle Money during her season. Michelle had a quick wit and sharp dry sense of humor that was largely misunderstood during the season, but she is now one of the most beloved figures in our Bachelor family. Courtney also seems to have that dry sense of humor and a sharp tongue. Will she also end up becoming a beloved member of our family? Only time will tell.

Jennifer got the final date this week and to be honest Ben wasn’t too hopeful that this was going to go that well. He liked Jen but just wasn’t sure that there was a deeper connection there. After dropping into that crater and getting caught in the rain, Ben saw more than enough to give her the rose. The Clay Walker concert at the end of the night was a great event. We made it public days before that we were holding a concert and everybody in Park City was invited. As you saw, a ton of fans showed up to help make it a great night.

With the way things were brewing, emotions were bound to boil over at the cocktail party. The rose ceremony was held just up the road in Deer Valley. The other women warned Emily not to use her valuable time with Ben trash-talking Courtney, but that’s exactly what she did. This was a huge mistake on many levels. First of all, Ben clearly likes Courtney, and secondly he hates drama, especially when it’s thrown in his face. Ben politely told Emily to move on or it could lead to her own demise. This was a tactical error on Emily’s part. She just didn’t think the whole thing through and it definitely hurt her. My dad is a wonderful man and he gave me some very sound advice growing up: Don’t ever start a fight or throw a punch unless you are prepared to get hit back twice as hard. Emily picked a fight and threw a punch and wasn’t at all ready to be hit back. Courtney is a formidable opponent, and if Emily is going to really take her on she better rethink her strategy or Courtney will have the last laugh. Next week as you heard we’re off to exotic Puerto Rico. It was sweet of Courtney to let everybody know right after the toast that she was just there… Oh this is about to get really good.
Until next week, you can find me on Twitter at @chrisbharrison, and check out more exclusive Bachelor content at our official site.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/01/24/chris-harrison-the-bachelor-episode-4-blog-2/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2012, 11:48:47 AM »
ABC press release:

BEN AND THE MOST AGGRESSIVE GROUP OF BACHELORETTES EVER
HEAD TO PUERTO RICO, COMPETING ON AND OFF THE BASEBALL DIAMOND
FOR HIS HEAD AND HEART, ON ABC'S "THE BACHELOR"

Courtney Kicks Up the Competition, Tempting Ben with a Private,
Sexy Invitation for Them to Skinny Dip Together

"Episode 1605" - Traveling outside the U.S. for the first time this season, Ben whisks the 11 remaining bachelorettes to the Caribbean paradise of Puerto Rico. Nicki is the lucky recipient of the first individual date card, and she can't wait. Their romantic tryst is amplified by an unexpected thunderstorm and a local wedding. A trip to the legendary Roberto Clemente Baseball Stadium proves the mettle of nine of the women, as they challenge their physical limits to compete for extra time with Ben. Elyse captures the other one-on-one date as she and Ben take an intimate ocean tour aboard a luxury yacht, but it's not all smooth sailing when Elyse decides to let her walls down. However, Courtney makes a provocative suggestion to Ben about a sizzling rendezvous. But will he take her up on her secret proposition to skinny dip together, and will the other women find out?, on "The Bachelor," MONDAY, JANUARY 30 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Once the women arrive at the luxurious W Resort and Spa on the tropical island of Vieques, Nicki, the sensitive divorcee, learns that she will have the first one-on-one date. Ben picks her up via helicopter and the two escape to the mainland. They set out to explore charming, historic old San Juan when a thunderstorm strikes and they need to run for cover. Soaked through, they exchange their clothes for some authentic garb and then, coincidentally, the pair happen upon a local wedding. The ceremony reminds Nicki of her walk down the aisle, but is she ready to fall in love again? She opens up to Ben about her painful past over a romantic dinner, but will he respond with a rose?

The next day, Ben surprises nine women with a trip to the famed Roberto Clemente Baseball Stadium. It's all good fun as the group enjoy their time in the field. But then Chris Harrison informs them they will be playing a game against each other to decide who will get a beachside after-party with Ben. The losers will go back to the hotel. Ben chooses one lucky woman to be his MVP - playing on both teams and assured of a ticket to the after-party. For the rest of the bachelorettes, it's game on! Rabidly competitive, the women battle until the last dramatic out, provided by one devastated woman who strikes out and takes the whole team down with her. Ben opens up to one of his sweethearts and then offers her the rose, but Courtney steals the show by privately inviting Ben to a secret rendezvous that is a tempting mind blower: come skinny dip with me!

Ben invites Elyse to a fabulously romantic evening aboard a luxury yacht, and she takes the opportunity to emotionally explain how much she wants to give up her single life and get married. What will Ben's reaction to be to her genuine revelation? However, when Ben returns to his hotel, he has a surprise waiting for him -- Courtney, who suggested the sizzling tryst. After a night cap, she repeats her offer to skinny dip with him. Will anyone catch them together?

Another dramatic cocktail party has Ben's secret playmate, Courtney, toying with the other women about her skinny dipping adventure. And Emily decides she would rather focus on her dislike of Courtney than concentrate on Ben. But there is a shocker waiting at the rose ceremony, and nine women are all excited to move on to Panama City, Panama, in hopes of capturing Ben's heart.

The 11 women are: