Author Topic: Amazing Race Applications! Ongoing apps...  (Read 344739 times)

Offline zerorecall

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: Amazing Race Applications! Ongoing apps...
« Reply #125 on: November 11, 2013, 11:39:14 AM »
Yeah My Friend and I applied too. Been a fan forever, and have been a 3 year forum viewer just decided to join. I feel that my friend and I have a good shot. :)

Offline zerorecall

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #126 on: November 11, 2013, 01:15:35 PM »
 more questions:
I know that they start semi final - interviews now ( Nov 5 according to the website), question is what date should I stop expecting a call? January, February, March? I don't want to miss the call if my phone is not with me.... I thought Final calls in LA were done 12 weeks before the start of the race? If that is the case then March or so is when the semi-finals are finished and calls would stop going out yes?

I hope that my team gets called. :) this is the third time I have applied. :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #127 on: November 11, 2013, 01:27:50 PM »
People have been called even fairly late...so I would think from submission to 2-3 months prior to filming. But that is a GUESS.They did extend the deadline...

:welcome: to RFF! Glad you decided to join in the fun!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline zerorecall

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #128 on: November 11, 2013, 03:40:36 PM »
My wife thinks its funny that I want to go so bad...LOL I have massive amount of time saved up at work so I'm good there So I'm hopeing that we make it. The First round is simi finals, then finals, then OTS - on the show-, but I heard that the simi finals are local or at least your local TV CBS station ( mine is seattle) then finals is down in LA for a week to two weeks.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 08:28:13 PM by zerorecall »

Offline zerorecall

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #129 on: November 13, 2013, 10:55:21 AM »
People have been called even fairly late...so I would think from submission to 2-3 months prior to filming. But that is a GUESS.They did extend the deadline...

Excellent, I'll keep my hopes up :) :hoot: I hate the "sit and wait" game.
Have we had fourm fans ever make it to Semi-finals\finals or even on the show?

Offline zerorecall

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #130 on: November 19, 2013, 11:34:34 AM »
I wonder if they moved the "call backs" as well?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #131 on: November 19, 2013, 11:37:03 AM »
People have had call backs 6 hours after submitting or seasons later. No way to tell.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline zerorecall

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #132 on: November 25, 2013, 01:14:06 PM »
How many others from this forum applies this season? And do you know if we're allowed to post our audition video on-line before the contestants are chosen?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #133 on: November 25, 2013, 02:40:46 PM »
I would NOT do that. I have never known anyone who did be on.

And for the rest...that is secret! :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline zerorecall

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #134 on: November 25, 2013, 03:32:26 PM »
I havne't posted it on-line :yess: I guess it's just a sit a wait game now. I always wonder if my video has been watched and what they thought of it. everyone I have shown it to ( stored on my phone) loves it. I just hope that the casting producers love it too.  :)

Offline zerorecall

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2013, 11:48:10 AM »
Wow, no one else is trying?Or excited like I am?  :cmas26
If I don't get a call say past Feb1st I'm going to start working on my 4th video. :)

Offline airn10

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #136 on: December 06, 2013, 12:11:14 PM »
Wow, no one else is trying?Or excited like I am?  :cmas26
If I don't get a call say past Feb1st I'm going to start working on my 4th video. :)

You're not the only one.  :cmas26 I have been checking my email non stop, looking for that "golden ticket" email.

I rushed my application video with my wife. Looking back at it now, the lighting was horrible and I didn't get all of my points across. I am actually halfway considering trying a new video for the current casting process, with it still being unofficially open. :cmas5

Already planning better for my Season 26 app video!

Offline zerorecall

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #137 on: December 06, 2013, 12:54:35 PM »
Me too, except its me and my best friend. :) I figured if I pester\submit enough of them they will one day bring us in for an interview... golden ticket? please explain.( want to know more please :) )
As for the email ( I have both my friends and my email going to my phone..LOL he has mine and his going to his too) we opened up Race email accounts just for this. :) We started applying last year TAR 22.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 12:58:31 PM by zerorecall »

Offline airn10

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #138 on: December 06, 2013, 05:57:15 PM »
...golden ticket? please explain.( want to know more please :) )
I feel like waiting for an email from TAR casting is like looking for a golden ticket on Willy Wonka.

I just wish making it on the race was as easy as buying chocolate bars, for me  :cmas16

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2013, 06:49:08 PM »
One question..

Does any of you have an out of the ordinary job, previously appeared on a tv show or is related to a sports player, musician and/or tv-personality, maybe is an american with a different ethnic ancestry or have a disability?

Don't get me wrong. Hopefully you guys are picked cause that would be the biggest dream of any TAR fan. But it seems the casting people are only interested in people who have any of these pre-requisites..
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 06:52:26 PM by Charlie90 »

Offline airn10

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2013, 07:34:31 PM »
One question..

Does any of you have an out of the ordinary job, previously appeared on a tv show or is related to a sports player, musician and/or tv-personality, maybe is an american with a different ethnic ancestry or have a disability?

Don't get me wrong. Hopefully you guys are picked cause that would be the biggest dream of any TAR fan. But it seems the casting people are only interested in people who have any of these pre-requisites..

I get your point. It's frustrating to read about how production contacts/recruits teams like the Ice Girls from this season or hockey players from last season. It seems like every season more and more teams are recruited. This is part of the reason why the ratings are slipping.

As long as I have a chance, I will apply. No matter how small of a chance that is.

Offline zerorecall

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #141 on: December 07, 2013, 01:15:55 PM »
me too we i think we have a good back around to be choosen, but we're going to keep trying until we at least get an interview. One day we'll get an interview. :) I'm not going to stop until we get one :)

Offline zerorecall

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #142 on: December 10, 2013, 04:53:38 PM »
I wonder if TAR is going to start loooking at average joes like me .... to many "pro's" or people that the average Joe can't relate to :cmas5. It seems that when they put average joes on TV they get better ratings.. LOL

Offline methylc

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #143 on: December 10, 2013, 09:15:52 PM »
Oh well... another time of the year I wish I was American to be eligible to apply.

Offline zerorecall

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #144 on: December 11, 2013, 01:27:14 PM »
I would like to run in the Auz teams, those guys look like they have a blast too.  :cmas26 Plus I think they might drink more...LOL

Offline zerorecall

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #145 on: January 02, 2014, 07:12:34 PM »
I guess its time I start redoing my video in application again. JAN and still no call....lol I will never give up :cmas5

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #146 on: January 07, 2014, 03:23:47 PM »
I just saw they were having casting calls in Denver.  Don't give up they Are just finishing up casting Survivor and just got back from the New Year break :trampb: :trampb: :

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #147 on: January 09, 2014, 03:39:25 PM »
AMAZING RACE CASTING CALL

Thursday, January 23; starts 12 Noon
Sports Authority Southlands
6305 Main St, Ste. A-101
The Southlands
Aurora, CO 80016
Additional info can be found at www.cbsdenver.com/contests or this direct link: http://denver.cbslocal.com/957421/

Offline zerorecall

• RFF Jr. Member
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 04:24:41 PM by zerorecall »

Offline zerorecall

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #149 on: February 18, 2014, 02:23:11 PM »
Still no call:'( :iok, filming new audition tape next month..LOL Never give up.  :hoot: :yess: :wohoo: