Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 175092 times)

Online Karpov617

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #1375 on: January 02, 2015, 10:06:25 AM »
Just remembered: In TAR25's Philippine Legs, is the Leg 10 fish detour clue giver the same as the Leg 11 sidecar detour clue giver? ???

No. :D The lady at the Leg 11 sidecar Detour had long hair, while the other woman's hair didn't reach past her shoulder.

Going back to the Fast Forward thing: Could a team, after claiming a Fast Forward, go back and complete the actual race course (Roadblocks, Detours, etc) and perhaps even use the U-Turn? Hypothetical situation: [season 21/Amsterdam] after claiming the FF, Natalie & Nadiya finished the Detour, and used the U-Turn, before going directly to the pit stop (w/o completing the RB).

On another note, what's the difference between TBC and double-length legs? And are these just purely fandom terms?
"My goal is not to wake up at forty with the bitter realization that I've wasted my life in a job I hate because I was forced to decide on a career in my teens." - Daria Morgendorffer, Daria, "Gifted"

Offline GB

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Team Number One!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1376 on: January 02, 2015, 10:50:54 AM »
The only thing one can do after the Fast Forward is go to the Pit Stop.

TBC stands for To Be Continued, which is shown on-screen for both Double-Length legs and No-Rest legs. The difference is that DL Legs are one leg that is twice as long, while NR Legs are two legs that have no rest-point inbetween.

Since the claim of the "300th" leg, a few DL Legs are going to be reclassified as NR Legs, but other than that we have a pretty solid grasp on which is which.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! It's not dead anymore!!
The Amazing Race section: 90% Complete!!
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Online Karpov617

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1377 on: January 02, 2015, 11:15:51 AM »
The only thing one can do after the Fast Forward is go to the Pit Stop.

TBC stands for To Be Continued, which is shown on-screen for both Double-Length legs and No-Rest legs. The difference is that DL Legs are one leg that is twice as long, while NR Legs are two legs that have no rest-point inbetween.

Since the claim of the "300th" leg, a few DL Legs are going to be reclassified as NR Legs, but other than that we have a pretty solid grasp on which is which.

So 'No Rest' legs are counted as 2. Does this include fake pit stops in season 14/China? But didn't we never concluded how the heck they got 300?
"My goal is not to wake up at forty with the bitter realization that I've wasted my life in a job I hate because I was forced to decide on a career in my teens." - Daria Morgendorffer, Daria, "Gifted"

Offline GB

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Team Number One!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1378 on: January 02, 2015, 03:57:59 PM »
Season 14 has been counted as a Double-Length leg for a while now.

I can't remember, but I think someone in the 300th leg thread came up with something definitive. I've been waiting for a good amount of free time to really look into it myself and edit the wiki.

Edit: Neobie came up with two believable hypotheses for the 300 leg conundrum. When I get home later I'll double-check his findings and implement one of them. If the show said 300, then that's gospel.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 06:09:08 PM by GB »
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Online Karpov617

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1379 on: January 02, 2015, 09:03:50 PM »
If the show said 300, then that's gospel.

Don't take that to heart too much. If that's true, Joey & Meghan was in season 18 ... somehow.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Full Member
  • TEAM CUTE ACTIVATE
« Reply #1380 on: January 03, 2015, 11:29:23 AM »
If the show said 300, then that's gospel.

Don't take that to heart too much. If that's true, Joey & Meghan was in season 18 ... somehow.

:cmas52

Offline Pi

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1381 on: February 26, 2015, 09:35:49 PM »
I'm curious how TAR moves on the go. They had the U-Turn pictures ready in Japan, even when the two people standing together in the picture only met ~24 hours ago. Penultimate Roadblock clues often say "ABC and XYZ must do this Roadblock"; obviously production wouldn't have known this before the race started. I wonder how they get things like this ready in time.  ???
Leaderboard/wiki maker (PM me! :))

Offline wishicouldrun

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1382 on: February 26, 2015, 09:52:08 PM »
I remember reading someplace that the race travels with computers & printers so they can easily print out the clues on the fly. This would be important as weather or other natural or man-made disasters could alter the routes, tasks, etc.
What we see as the starting line is actually several takes made into the one experience we see on TV. After filming the excitement of meeting the blind date, but before the race takes off, TAR could easily take the pictures. Or, they could have been computer chopped - I didn't look closely but are the racers wearing their starting line clothes?

Offline GB

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Team Number One!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1383 on: February 26, 2015, 10:29:08 PM »
The Starting Line is actually about four times as long as you see it on TV. Past racers have reported that they film Phil's speech and the sprint to the first clue multiple times, just to get many different angles.

Besides the U-Turn pictures, remember that we also have official cast photos of the Blind Date teams and intro cinematics for them. There was definitely a long pause after they were filmed meeting each other.

Offline skiier18

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #1384 on: February 27, 2015, 08:13:17 AM »
I don't know if I should of asked this in the TAR26 thread, but since it was entitled spoilers I was afraid to venture over there. I had a question about the Fitbits being used this season. I did see a bunch of commercials for the product while viewing Wednesday nights episode, of course that is one reason they would be wearing them, simply product placement. But I wanted to know if they'll factor this into the race somehow? The way they did during this summers 2014 Big Brother. Or if there will be a place on the website (I didn't see it) where we can see how many steps they take during the day/night (depending on when they are racing)? And how does the whole process of charging them go? I thought you needed a computer to charge them, I'm sure production steps in for this but it seems like an unneeded added stress.

This questions seems super minuscule but it's not hard to miss the massive bands on everyone's wrist.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Andy!
« Reply #1385 on: February 27, 2015, 12:45:31 PM »
Welcome to RFF, skiier18!  :hearts: :conf:
"I don't drink. But when i do , i become another person. And that one , drinks a lot."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1386 on: February 27, 2015, 01:35:48 PM »
As far as I know, we have not heard anything about how these will be used. My guess is mostly product placement!

:bigwelcome to RFF!

"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline GB

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Team Number One!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1387 on: February 27, 2015, 11:07:01 PM »
Where did the Leg 2 Roadblock take place, considering teams took a taxi away from Matsushiro Castle.

Custom Search