Author Topic: TAR 19 Scheduling-Airing Times-Delays  (Read 41479 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: TAR 19 Scheduling-Airing Times-Delays
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2011, 01:00:33 PM »
According to CBS it will be his 1097th "essay." And its already been recorded for broadcast.

Meanwhile back to the NFL and its doubleheader on CBS Sunday.

All markets getting the east coast feed on CBS are getting a late game (no blackouts, in other words), unless there is a switch for some other reason by Friday. http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2011/wk4.html. The games are Denver at Green Bay, New England at oakland, and Miami at San Diego. We should anticipate CBS holding all areas until the last of the three games are over so there will be only one overrun. THose who have subscribed to the CBS Eye-lerts should look for one on Sunday evening.
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2011, 04:52:18 PM »
The Cincinnati TV area market will not have a late doubleheader game on Sunday, due to NFL home market blackout rules. (Apparently the Bengals game was not sold out.) I'd be surprised if they get TAR on time, since they are the only east coast feed market without a late game this week.  A couple of other east coast feed markets have switched between late games, but they are still getting a late doubleheader game.

The Friday Eye-lert has come in:
An NFL runover on Sunday, 10/2 could delay start times for 60 Minutes (7pm ET), The Amazing Race (8pm ET), The Good Wife (9pm ET) and CSI: Miami (10pm ET).

If so, you will receive a message on Sunday with exact details of revised start times.

Thanks for registering for this CBS Eye-lert.

-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2011, 05:49:10 PM »
I'm not surprised the Bengals game isn't sold out. :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2011, 06:20:39 PM »
Don't you guys have sports channels?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2011, 06:22:29 PM »
We have separate sports channels, but our normal news networks also play local\interesting NFL games in the afternoon, just before prime time, which can cause an overrun. :)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2011, 08:02:16 PM »
The NFL has four different packages for all of its games in the regular and championship seasons, and some pre-season games.

Two broadcast networks broadcast the games that are aired on Sunday afternoons, and can overrun into prime time. Those networks like it because it gives them a big boost in the audience ratings for their Sunday night prime time programming.

A third broadcast network gets to air a game on Sunday nights during prime time (usually kills all the other programs on broadcast or cable channels.

A fourth package is held by a cable sports channel that is affiliated with the fourth broadcast network.

I won't even attempt to explain the collage football set up for broadcasting, because all fourth networks have such arrangements on Thursdays to Saturdays, and their are some syndicated packages as well. It is so complicated it's impossible to explain. Needless to say, I can see how non-Americans can find the whole thing confusing. 
-- theschnauzers

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2011, 04:58:00 PM »
The second half of the Patriots/Raiders game just started at 554pm. That means we can expect 60 Minutes to start around 715pm unless CBS elects to continue with finishes of other games.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2011, 05:32:11 PM »
At 630pm EDT the Patriots/Raiders game has 13:38 left. There is no change in my prediction.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2011, 06:25:30 PM »
Per CBS Eye-lert:

Revised start times for tonight's CBS programs: 60 Minutes (7:22pm ET), The Amazing Race (8:22pm ET), The Good Wife (9:22pm ET) and CSI: Miami (10:22pm ET) due to CBS Sports live coverage of the NFL.

-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2011, 09:52:28 PM »
As I've mentioned previously, both CBS and FOX are having two weeks in a row for NFL doubleheaders, in part due to other sports programming -- in this case, FOX is carrying the Major League baseball playoffs and World Series for the next three weeks.

CBS has only two late games, New York Jets at New England, and San Diego at Denver. Except for most of Missouri, and small areas of nearby states (Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, South Dakota, Oklahoma, and Texas,) all of the areas getting the east coast feed are getting the Jets v. Patriots game. There are no areas subject to NFL blackout rules.

I'm sure CBS will be sending out Eye-lerts across the board this week for any overrun.
-- theschnauzers

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2011, 06:14:08 PM »
Jets/Patriots is 2 minutes left at 713pm. You can expect 60 Minutes to start around 730pm and the Amazing Race around 830pm.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2011, 06:35:28 PM »
Haven't figured out how to copy and paste on an Android Tablet, but the CBS Eye-lert gives a start time for TAR as 8:35 pm ET.
-- theschnauzers

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2011, 06:36:25 PM »
60 Minutes just started at 736pm.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2011, 05:10:49 PM »
Even though FOX has the doubleheader this week, quite a few markets that get the east coast feed will have a single late afternoon game, and a good chance of a NFL overrun. The games include Houston at Baltimore and Cleveland at Oakland. Areas gmenerally include much of Texas, the St. Louis area, all of Michigan, most of Wisconsin, most of Ohio, metro Atlanta, metro Charlotte, and the central mid-Atlantic (Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, and nearby areas of the Potomic River valley.) There could be changes before Sunday,
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2011, 08:48:13 PM »
The only change for an east coast feed market is the Dayton OH market which has been switched toone of the late games.
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2011, 03:02:53 PM »
I've got my keyboard repaired on my notebook so links and proofreading will be a lot easier than on a tablet. The two late games on CBS this Sunday are Pittsburgh at Arizona and Kansas City at Oakland; FOX has the doubleheader.
Affected east coast feed areas include: metro Chicago,  eastern lower Michigan including Detroit, eastern Ohio, all of West Virginia, most or all of West Virginia, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland and D.C., but excluding the metro Philadelphia area, metro Charlotte, metro Tampa, metro Atlanta, and a large area in the Great Plains including most of Missouri excluding St. Louis, all of Kansas, most of Nebraska, and small areas of western Iowa and northern Arkansas.

Next week, CBS has a doubleheader (October 30th.)

-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2011, 05:49:21 PM »
Some other east coast feed markets have shifted their NFL games to the late afternoon. These markets are Cincinnati and Dayton Ohio, and Spartenburg, South Carolina.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2011, 06:19:41 PM »
7:20  start for TAR folks in Pittsburgh, maybe Kansas City.  Regional late games suck.  Well, so do the double-headers, but at least everyone starts late.  With regional late games, I'm finding out who gets Philiminated before seeing it on television.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2011, 06:36:19 PM »
Or you can watch our live stream!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2011, 06:11:15 PM »
This weekend's CBS late game map link: http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2011/wk8.html

Most of the country that gets the east coast feed is getting the same pair of games for the doubleheader: Miami at New York Giants, and then New England at Pittsburgh. Northern Ohio as the home market, is getting the Cleveland at San Francisco late game, and much of the rest of Ohio and Kentucky is getting the Cincinnati at Seattle late game.

There are currently no blackout markets on the east coast feed, so it looks as if the entire east coast will get the same delay this week.
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2011, 07:42:03 PM »
There have been no updates for the late games on the east coast feed, so we'll be waiting on the CBS Eye-lert for updates.   If you watch CBS before TAR airs, CBS may have a on-screen Eye-lert with the revised schedule on Sunday night.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2011, 07:20:08 AM »
All of the country is seeing a CBS late game with the exception of the Denver viewing region because they will see the Denver game on FOX.
I wonder if that market will be delayed to sync with everyone else. Otherwise they will get a lead on the rest of us.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2011, 07:30:38 AM »
Not if they are already 2 hours behind. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2011, 01:03:58 PM »
You're right, I'm crazy :lol3:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2011, 02:09:21 PM »
The dividing line between the east coast feed and the west coast feed is generally the time zone line between the central U.S. time zone, and the mountain U.S. time zone (with minor exceptions where some markets have that dividing line running through their market area.)

Some markets do shift feed depending on whether daylight savings time is in effect; which is my way of reminding everybody that daylight savings time in the U.S. ends for the year on this coming Saturday night/Sunday morning at 3:00 a.m. DST (2:00 a.m. standard time.) This will affect international viewers who watch at the same time as the U.S. east coast feed. (In GMT/UTC, the east coast feed broadcast time changes from GMT-4 to GMT-5.)
-- theschnauzers