Author Topic: BB13: Rachel Reilly  (Read 24621 times)

Online RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
BB13: Rachel Reilly
« on: June 27, 2011, 09:03:47 AM »

Name: Rachel Reilly
Previous "Big Brother" season: "Big Brother" 12
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 08:49:33 PM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: BB13: Rachel Reilly
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 11:12:01 PM »
Ah Rachel!! You have toned down the cackle this year.. thank God!  :lol:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Bandit3S

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 01:10:23 PM »
Ah Rachel!! You have toned down the cackle this year.. thank God!  :lol:

I was thinking the same thing watching the feeds the other day! She isn't annoying me nearly as much as she did last season! At least so far......... LOL!

Offline PotatosPunkGirl

• Big Brother Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 02:11:59 PM »
i have to say....i think i might actually like Rachel this time around....i find myself rooting for her and the vets waaay more than the newbies who seem so unprepared for this game regardless of the vets being back.

Offline phant0m

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I hate you all.
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 02:13:42 PM »
i have to say....i think i might actually like Rachel this time around....i find myself rooting for her and the vets waaay more than the newbies who seem so unprepared for this game regardless of the vets being back.

agreed.

Offline PLG1962

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 02:54:03 AM »
This is my first time watching BB her laugh is so annoying

Offline a1mamacat

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I gotta cut back on the caffeine!!!
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 11:32:27 AM »
I think, that on her own, Rachel could be a regular person, but she is exhibiting all the signs of spousal abuse, albeit the emotional/mental kind, not necessarily physical.  Brendon comes across as a classic abuser.  He first berates her, then convinces her that he is the only one who really cares about her and she is buying 100%.  They need to be separated ASAP.  Hopefully, Brendon goes out before jury, and Rachel can stay in the house or jury in safety for a few months.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 11:54:45 AM »
I feel sorry for Rachel It's very hard to update Brendon when he's berating her. He doesn't just tell her to cool it but he goes on and on and on! When Dani told her something upsetting about J/J and Brendon, he would not let her go to the DR, talk to anyone, he wouldn't even let her read her bible because he told her the answer wasn't in there.

It's no wonder she's a ticking time bomb, no one ever just gives her a hug. She needs to get away from Brendon.

Offline Libby

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 01:33:01 PM »
The two of them are just feeding off of one another's neurosis.  They are both SO insecure and immature and they bring out the worst in each other.  But it's also why they are attracted to each other like magnets.  They feed each other's ego, but they also prey on each other's weaknesses. He's more obvious with his controlling nature, but she's just as bad.  She controls him by hanging it over his head that 'maybe they just shouldn't be together' whenever she doesn't get her way.  Whether it would ever be physically dangerous or not, they are definitely going to destroy each other eventually. 

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 01:43:55 PM »
I feel like her relationship issue almost relates to mine, in a way. With Brendon not letting her talk to anyone about her problems, he clings to her like a dead fly on a fly trap - almost the way my ex acted.

This relationship might (and I don't know if that's the right term) work great outside the house, but inside, things are a bit different. Somehow, I don't either of them understand it.

They need to be separated ASAP.  Hopefully, Brendon goes out before jury, and Rachel can stay in the house or jury in safety for a few months.

Perfect. Even if it's Rachel out before Brendon, that might also help. Just get the two out at different points in the game without getting them in Jury together.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline luv2ride801

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • One Little Spark
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 03:29:20 PM »
They need to be separated ASAP.  Hopefully, Brendon goes out before jury, and Rachel can stay in the house or jury in safety for a few months.

Perfect. Even if it's Rachel out before Brendon, that might also help. Just get the two out at different points in the game without getting them in Jury together.

I agree. I definitely like Brendon a lot more last season after Rachel left the game.

Offline Paisley

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Vintagerie Ephemera Ye Olde Curio Shoppe
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011, 08:16:29 PM »
I think, that on her own, Rachel could be a regular person, but she is exhibiting all the signs of spousal abuse, albeit the emotional/mental kind, not necessarily physical.  Brendon comes across as a classic abuser.  He first berates her, then convinces her that he is the only one who really cares about her and she is buying 100%.  They need to be separated ASAP.  Hopefully, Brendon goes out before jury, and Rachel can stay in the house or jury in safety for a few months.

Totally agree.  Both my daughter and I have commented that Brendon is at the very least a classic verbal abuser.  I can hardly stand listening to him anymore...too many painful memories.  It seemed, too, like Rachel was fine until he started berating and belittling her and picking her friends.  Gotta wonder how she would play, if Brendon wasn't in the house.     

Offline Kate04

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, 01:24:52 AM »
She commented that she wanted to play more of a strategic game this year as opposed to the emotional game she played last summer.  With Brendon acting like a pot ready to boil over, that may prove challenging for her.  And, it may be their undoing.

Offline CharLee

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 08:09:48 PM »
Whatever is happening, which I have not seen the live feed yet; Rachel is getting some unhealthy bashing.  Her self-esteem went quickly down.  She was so confident when she first went in there.  And JEFF shame on him for his bully attitude.  Yeah, you all say it is playing a game watch everyone the subjective abusive statements to hold Rachel down.  WHY?  She is strong this time around.  And when she gets nervous she does laugh but then when she laughs everyone tears her apart for it, so she now breaks down.  Brendan wants to win no matter what it takes and who gets hurt (different from last time).  Rachel is definitely feared by everyone (not because of her laughing) but from her strength.  RACHEL dear!  Wake up and take back who you are and stay focused.  As much as you love Brendan, you are an important and powerful woman.  YOU GO!   :hearts:

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011, 08:48:06 PM »
Whatever is happening, which I have not seen the live feed yet; Rachel is getting some unhealthy bashing.

You don't need to see the live feed when you listen to the comments Rachel made during the bubblegum Veto.

When Jordan fell off the beam and didn't take the two weeks of slop (she was behind anyway), Rachel said something along the lines of "if the HOH doesn't take the slop to stay in the game, why should the rest of us". Rachel was also behind the guys... But because of her style, she took the slop when there was no chance to catch up.

Maybe she should have held back those comments when she was in the same boat.

Offline CharLee

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 09:10:11 PM »
Dear Rachel, remember your heart and be be focused.  Take time to breathe in and listen to what your friends out here have said to you.  You know what God intends for you.  Trust in him by listening to your intuition.  Be the game player - like in chess - watch while the other is making their moves.  You are awesome and I personally know you are a kind loving person. :<3

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2011, 10:17:39 PM »
Welcome to RFF CharLee. We're happy that you've joined us. It sounds like you are a friend of Rachel and we welcome your perspective about her. I have felt really bad for her several times this season. Tonight is a good night for her, she won HOH, she's going to be able to eat what's in the HOH basket.  :tup:

:bigwelcome 

Offline northernlite

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2011, 09:22:48 PM »
Sorry, I still feel like I am watching the same Rachel as last year. As far as Brendon, a strong woman would tell him where to stuff it.  :argue:

Offline Kate04

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2011, 09:54:50 PM »
OK, it's 20 days into BB and I already dislike Rachel, as much as I was trying to see good qualities.  Cassi is right, she (Rachel) is a mean catty person.  She engineered Cassi's downfall and ultimately this will come back to haunt her.  I began the season wanting to give her a chance, but I now agree with her:  American DOES dislike her, and for good reason.

Offline ajean

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2011, 12:46:59 PM »
It's hard for me to watch Rachel on this show.  I know her personally, and I have found her to be kind, smart, funny, and a great person to be around.  I feel like she is being given a really bad edit and purposefully villanized for the sake of the show's ratings.  I KNOW that on the show last year, they would clip out TONS of things she said to make her sound like a mean, catty, heartless person.  I can only suspect that they are doing the same thing again.

Offline KitKat

• RFF's Kitty Kat
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2011, 02:18:41 PM »
Welcome to RFF ajean  :hoot: Please make yourself at home here and we would love some insight on Rachel. All we see are the live feeds and the edit she gets on the shows. I am sure being in the BB house is a very stressful thing and would make me do and say things I normally wouldn't do. In all truthfullness I have felt sorry for Rachel this season because I feel as though she is being kind of snuffed out from playing the game because Bendon is keeping her under wraps. I would love to hear from someone who personally knows the hgs so that we may have a different view of them as well :tup:   Anyway glad you found us and hope you stick around!
delightful just delightful

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2011, 08:09:48 PM »
Welcome to RFF ajean. We welcome your input on Rachel. I don't hate her at all, I like Rachel. I don't like the way Brendon is controlling her this year and yes, the show edits all of the houseguests and not always in their favor.

:wel2

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2011, 08:11:07 PM »
I feel like she is being given a really bad edit and purposefully villanized for the sake of the show's ratings.  I KNOW that on the show last year, they would clip out TONS of things she said to make her sound like a mean, catty, heartless person.  I can only suspect that they are doing the same thing again.

Diary room sessions sometimes don't help. You have a point there.

But if you ignore what they say in the DR and focus on the feeds (or if you don't have the feeds, the updates), you start to get a sense of "does this person get a bad edit".

Offline Libby

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2011, 12:29:58 PM »
In all honesty, I think I could like Rachel this season EXCEPT for her diary room sessions.  Thats when the self-centered immature Rachel that we all met last season resurfaces.  Those could 100% be influenced by editing.  But watching the live feeds, you can't be influenced by editing.  She still pouts and sulks like a 4 year-old when she doesn't get her way.  I'd be willing to gamble that in ten years, Rachel will be a completely different (and very likeable) person when she's grown and matured and, hopefully, gotten away from the controlling turd the she so proudly calls her fiance.

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2011, 06:27:46 PM »
Rachel is such a bully. I'm ready for her to bounce!