Author Topic: TARAus 1 Episode 8 (Poland) Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*  (Read 41086 times)

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
Re: TARAus 1 Episode 8 (Poland) Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2011, 03:55:55 AM »
Having a final 4 NEL is almost traditional so I think it's much more likely to have a NEL for that leg than in the final 5.

Offline Telepek

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2011, 04:14:46 PM »
Hi guys :)
I'm new here, but since 2 months i am reading this forum every day. I am a very big Amazing Race Fan - my name is Filip and i am from Poland, and since this leg was in Poland i felt the need to write something about it :). Oh and btw. my English is not perfect but i hope that you'll all understand me.

But on to buisness.

I don't think that the producers have entirely thought about the whole "double, non-elimination" leg. First of all the skip to Poland with not seeing the roadblock at the Czech church - i wanted to see how the teams are doing with that (they should at least make something like with Jet and Cord in TAR 18 where on one screen should be first 4 teams where they would receive the clues, and on the other screen two other teams performing the roadblock) but well, it's the producers decision.

Second of all the train ride to Krakow AT NIGHT. That was pretty much suicidal. Tyler and Nathan are pretty much lucky that the only thing that the thievs have done is stealing the money, because trust me, worse things happened for other travelers.  The night trains in this part of Europe are pretty much dangerous - robbery and other thinks are very often.

The locations - pretty much everyhing that Krakow and the coutryside have to shown. Too bad that some of the teams did not travel to Zakopane, this is the very beautifoul city especialy in Winter :) And the pitstop! I was practically yealiing when i saw where Grant Bowler and the greater have standed - I WAS STANDING IN THIS PLACE ON LAST VACATION! I WAS STANDING IN THIS PLACE ON LAST VACATION!

The tasks - the same thing as locations. Tasks involved practically all things that were very common in Poland [not searching the cristal key in the pile of salt, but i meant the Salt only.] So i am happy that through the tasks they shown on what Krakow is famous :).

And the ending! Pretty much i had the same emotions like in the Port Elisabeth race for the first place good job for the producers for that:)

I'm waiting for the Israeli edition and of course for the Polish leg. But i'm hoping that in next TAR  some other parts of Poland will be also visited.

I'm happy that Chris And Anastacia are gone - at least we won't be hearing any fights with those two. I'm cheering for Matt and Tom and Jeff and Luke - with the first cuple i have Jet&Cord syndrome - i just love anyone with cowboy hats, but they are also funny, and with the other couple... well i just love to see them, how they interact, how they traveling :). Hope that Nathan and Tyler or Dave & Kelly will be eliminated soon - i just hate them.

That's all from me :).
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 05:53:45 PM by Telepek »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2011, 04:15:35 PM »
:bigwelcome to RFF, telepek!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline ct03

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2011, 06:28:31 PM »
I think had Anastasia and Chris been further behind and paired up with either Nathan & Tyler or Jeff & Luke, they actually might not have needed to quit
Anastasia couldn't saw through her slice with Chris. What difference would it have made if Nathan & Tyler had cut the first slice? That's right, none at all.

And besides, they only made one cut out of four, so shouldn't their penalty have been three hours?  :duno:
They each made one cut out of two. They finished half their task and got half a penalty.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2011, 06:38:47 PM »
I think had Anastasia and Chris been further behind and paired up with either Nathan & Tyler or Jeff & Luke, they actually might not have needed to quit
Anastasia couldn't saw through her slice with Chris. What difference would it have made if Nathan & Tyler had cut the first slice? That's right, none at all.

And besides, they only made one cut out of four, so shouldn't their penalty have been three hours?  :duno:
They each made one cut out of two. They finished half their task and got half a penalty.

I know she couldn't saw through it with Chris herself, but I partly think it was due to her poor frame of mind heading into the task. She thought that Sam & Renae are struggling, I'm going to struggle too. If she had been paired up with the boys, I feel she just would have seen them do it reasonably well and believed she could have done the same. It's just a personal opinion. I can see and do respect yours too :)

All team members didn't need to cut 2 pieces each with their own team member though.. Dave paired up with Tom for the last piece. Sam & Renae told Anastasia that she only needed to finish that one piece and they could each do  another with Chris. Either way, I would have liked to have seen them both get the 4 hour penalty, because it was after all an intersection.

Offline stifflfootball

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2011, 10:50:05 PM »
With hindsight being 20/20, it would've been in Chris & Anastacia's best interest to quit earlier.  But I think Anastacia was so concerned with pissing off Chris she kept at it until she physically could go no further.  I'm glad it went down that way, as it would've been BS to benefit from quitting the task and stay ahead of 2 teams that finished the task and who were behind mainly due to what had happened in the Czech Republic.
TAR - Around the world from the comfort of your couch.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARAus 1 Episode 8 Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2011, 07:17:11 PM »
Sam and Renae arrive first, but have 2hr penalty.
Chris and Anna arrive 2nd but have 4hr penalty.
Jeff and Luke arrive 3rd but check in in 1st.
Surfers arrive 4th but check in 2nd.

Dave and Kelly and Farmers finished 3/4.  :hearts:

For the record, Sam/Renae were checked in 3rd after their 2 hour penalty ran out. Dave/Kelly were 4th and Matt/Tom 5th less than 42 minutes before the penalty for Chris/Anastasia expired.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: July 08, 2011, 11:21:09 PM »
Sam and Renae arrive first, but have 2hr penalty.
Chris and Anna arrive 2nd but have 4hr penalty.
Jeff and Luke arrive 3rd but check in in 1st.
Surfers arrive 4th but check in 2nd.

Dave and Kelly and Farmers finished 3/4.  :hearts:

For the record, Sam/Renae were checked in 3rd after their 2 hour penalty ran out. Dave/Kelly were 4th and Matt/Tom 5th less than 42 minutes before the penalty for Chris/Anastasia expired.

For the 3/4 thing, I meant they have done 3/4 of their log.  :tup:

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2011, 07:13:26 AM »
Of EP8
I like the sheep and the muscle :lol:
But the intersection was unnecessary!
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2011, 01:17:47 PM »
Intersection was unnecessary. Teams should just cut one piece of wood.

Honestly, it hurts me to see another team eliminated due to gender discrimination task. Anastatia.. she's definitely going to take longer than people like Nathan and Tyler and Jeff and Luke. I don't know why they have to make the teams cut two pieces.

It should be just one team, cut one piece and then move on to the pit-stop.

Honestly, Sam and Ranae are getting back their energy huh? At first I lost all hopes of them making the Final 3, now at least there's a gleam of hope.

Dave and Kelly.. back packers.. but always slipping through the gap!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

I didn't like Jeff and Luke as much this episode.. Nathan and Tyler are moving up the ladder for me. Matt and Tom.. clueless.. but entertaining.

Detour and Roadblock seemed forgettable due to the wood saw task.. i think that's all of what we can remember at the end of the episode. Not a good leg, I say.. at least for me.

WE'RE DOWN TO THE FINAL 5!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2011, 01:26:30 PM »
Just a random thought - Could Chris and Anastatia survive the 4 hrs penalty if they just quit immediately? I think they spent a good 30 minutes sobbing and crying...

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2011, 07:43:52 PM »
Just a random thought - Could Chris and Anastatia survive the 4 hrs penalty if they just quit immediately? I think they spent a good 30 minutes sobbing and crying...
Possibly, they were apparently there for a long time before they quit. Even if they took an hour to saw through the other half of the log before quitting, they would have survived.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2011, 02:15:53 AM »
Possibly, they were apparently there for a long time before they quit. Even if they took an hour to saw through the other half of the log before quitting, they would have survived.

It sucks for them to not finish the leg despite completing the Roadblock and Detour well ahead of the other teams. Came down to a physical task... :groan:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2011, 04:50:52 PM »
Just a random thought - Could Chris and Anastasia survive the 4 hrs penalty if they just quit immediately? I think they spent a good 30 minutes sobbing and crying...
The exact amount of the sobbing and crying is critical. The clock on their penalty was down to 42 minutes BEFORE Matt/Tom and Dave/Kelly left the sawing task for the pit stop. It is quite possible that not crying over spilled soup could may have saved Chris/Anastasia. It depends on the time to navigate to the pit stop and exactly how much time Chris/Anastasia wasted before getting on the road.

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2011, 06:55:52 PM »
And Dave needs a good serving of justice. He was so cocky when Anastasia was crying and when they were about to quit, and kept going on about how much she was crying and whinging... and what does Dave do later when he's struggling. Whinges and whines about how hard it and how he wanted to give up. UGH  (:;)

Yeah, I always thought he was like an older version of Nick, from S17, with the way he acts and flips out whenever things don't go his way.

Honestly, it hurts me to see another team eliminated due to gender discrimination task.

Same here. I was happy to see those teams ahead, but after seeing what the next task was, I was like... oh no! Especially after seeing that the other intersected teams would have at least 3 males.

I thought Chris & Anastasia were hilarious, even though they argued a lot. So I did hope this leg would have been a NEL, or that their penalty would have expired before the last team arriving.

With the remaining 5 teams...

Like - Same & Renae, Jeff & Luke, Kelly

Neutral - Nathan & Tyler, Matt & Tom

Don't Like - Dave

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2011, 11:36:43 PM »
For the record- if departure times are correct for leg 9, Chris and Anastasia should have has roughly 20 minutes left on their penalty. The gap between S/R and M/T was about 1 hour 40 minutes.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #91 on: July 12, 2011, 01:05:51 AM »
For the record- if departure times are correct for leg 9, Chris and Anastasia should have has roughly 20 minutes left on their penalty. The gap between S/R and M/T was about 1 hour 40 minutes.

GMTA.

I saw the times and immediately came in.

10.07am Sam and Ranae left
11.34am Matt and Tom left

That's about... 1 hour 27 minutes. I'm definitely sure that if both teams (including Sam and Ranae) decided to QUIT the moment they saw the task, they will still be third and fourth respectively.. because they definitely spent a good 45mins for Ranae to cut the wood (according to other teams) and spent another 30mins - 1 hour for Anastatia to cut her uncompleted piece.

Sucks. :res:

Offline Maxi3d

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2012, 01:15:57 PM »
It does make me wonder what would production due if racers were robbed of travel documentation (as opposed to just losing them)?  As Tar ever had racers robbed of important things like that, or even money before?

I know this is an old post, but I realized after watching episode 8 that Tyler and Nathan weren't the only one that got robbed on the train to Poland. The Amazing Race Israel season two Bar and Inna also had their money stolen on the train to Poland.  :'(  What's going on with these trains?

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2012, 06:51:02 PM »
Sleeping cars are relatively open and unprotected by conductors throughout Europe and certainly also in India. If travelers do not chain their possessions they risk losing them while they sleep.

paldog123456

« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2012, 08:17:32 PM »
Eastern Europe is also kind of infamous for these kinds of thefts occurring on night trains, and Poland is a main target. It is the nature of trains, that they are so easily thefted upon.