Author Topic: TARAus 1 Episode 8 (Poland) Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*  (Read 41094 times)

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
TARAus 1 Episode 8 (Poland) Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*
« on: June 27, 2011, 07:22:51 AM »
EP08: Prague, Czech Republic to Krakow, Poland
EVIDENCE: Promo

Film Date: N/A
Air Date: 4th July

Leg Route/Tasks:
ROUTE INFO: Travel by train to Krakow, Poland

ACTIVE ROUTE MARKER: Mining task

DETOUR: Sheep Herding OR ?

ACTIVE ROUTE MARKER/FINAL TASK?: Wood cutting

Safe from Elimination at End of Leg:
  • Tom and Matt - Last spotted on route to Sri Lanka
Possibly Eliminated:
  • Nathan and Taylor - Last seen getting off train in Europe
  • Chris and Anastasia - Last seen doing crossbow task in Prague
  • David and Kelly - Last seen in Prague
  • Jeff and Luke - Last seen in Prague
  • Sam and Renae - Last seen getting off train in Europe
Eliminated:
  • Liberty and Ryot
  • Anne-Marie and Tracy
  • Richard and Joey
  • Mos and Mo
  • Alana and Mel
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 06:46:05 AM by BayBay »

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARAus 1 Episode 8 Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 07:23:36 AM »
Next Time on TARAus

Make your way by TRAIN to KRAKOW, Poland

- Log cutting task involving both team members
- Mining task
- Sheep task

Nathan and Tyler get passports/money stolen? by two 'creepy guys' :lol:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 08:28:47 AM by BayBay »

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 12:35:13 AM »
It does make me wonder what would production due if racers were robbed of travel documentation (as opposed to just losing them)?  As Tar ever had racers robbed of important things like that, or even money before?

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 12:40:53 AM »
It does make me wonder what would production due if racers were robbed of travel documentation (as opposed to just losing them)?  As Tar ever had racers robbed of important things like that, or even money before?

They have security teams to stop that sort of thing, don't they?

I mean, a lot of teams have left their packs unattended in places a lot busier than an overnight train, yet they've still been right where they left them upon returning.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 12:52:47 AM »
I'm thinking the production team knows who has taken them (they're still on the train) and let Nathan and Tyler gets freaked out first before confronting the guys who took them? Could that happen? Drama drama...

Of course, I'm hoping they lose them.. they're my least favourite team of the lot. :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 01:40:05 AM »
I'm thinking the production team knows who has taken them (they're still on the train) and let Nathan and Tyler gets freaked out first before confronting the guys who took them? Could that happen? Drama drama...

Of course, I'm hoping they lose them.. they're my least favourite team of the lot. :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

If they're eliminated in this leg, then it's going to be a bad way to be eliminated.. :snicker:

ACTIVE ROUTE MARKER/DETOUR: Wood cutting

ACTIVE ROUTE MARKER/DETOUR: Sheep herding
Seems like they're doing the same task as in TAR Asia again: :groan:
The 'wood cutting' task looks same as TARA 4 Leg 6 task...
The 'sheep herding' task looks same as TARA 4 Leg 7 'Pen' Detour task...

CMIIW :)
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 02:27:30 AM »
^^ You're right. But seriously, tasks should try not to be recycled but I'm just glad TAR Australia only recycled like a few here and there. The good ones. :lol:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 02:28:07 AM »

A robbery happened once in the Brazil version of the race.

Notably, in Leg 6, while driving to the pit stop, Andréa & Luciana were held up at gunpoint by three men at a stoplight in Fortaleza. The team did not lose anything, but the criminals took the camera and all personal documents from the crew, and ran off as gunshots were fired by the police. Two of the men were later caught and identified, and the camera was recovered. This incident dropped the team from 4th to last place, and no time credit was given for the situation.

And it sucked because they finished last in that leg (but were not eliminated)

The quote is from Wikipedia...

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 02:33:52 AM »

Notably, in Leg 6, while driving to the pit stop, Andréa & Luciana were held up at gunpoint by three men at a stoplight in Fortaleza. The team did not lose anything, but the criminals took the camera and all personal documents from the crew, and ran off as gunshots were fired by the police. Two of the men were later caught and identified, and the camera was recovered. This incident dropped the team from 4th to last place, and no time credit was given for the situation.

:ascared

I would have called off the entire leg if that had happened.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 08:48:26 AM »

Wow, that's just scary...

I hope that Tyler & Nathan are eliminated due to this incident, as they have been the only team I did not like in this race, and that was due to the U-Turn on Leg 4.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2011, 06:07:42 AM »
I hope that Tyler & Nathan are eliminated due to this incident, as they have been the only team I did not like in this race, and that was due to the U-Turn on Leg 4.

THIS

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2011, 07:22:05 AM »
From 7's TV Guide:

The teams fight fatigue and have to keep racing without a rest stop. While on board a train for Poland, one team is robbed of their money and passports. Is it game over? Then, teams head underground in one of the world's oldest salt mines, while herding sheep proves frustrating for some, and the final challenge will end disastrously for more than one team.

The final Challenge ending disastrously for MORE THAN ONE team? ???

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2011, 07:25:04 AM »

Why? No offense, if I was on the race. I would have U-turned Richard & Joey also...

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2011, 08:49:26 AM »
Y'all are going to hate me on the race if you don't like use of the U-Turn. Seriously :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2011, 10:28:14 AM »
Y'all are going to hate me on the race if you don't like use of the U-Turn. Seriously :lol:

I love the U-TURN as long as nobody use it on me. :lol:

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2011, 11:16:04 AM »
i doubt there will be any U-Turns in this leg, maybe some team members quit the final challenge(roadblock) and goes for the 4 hour penalty
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2011, 12:44:20 AM »

Why? No offense, if I was on the race. I would have U-turned Richard & Joey also...

Don't get me wrong guys, I am a HUGE believer in using the U-Turn, as long as you use it for the right reasons, not out of spite or dislike of somebody. Since Richard & Joey had finished in the Bottom Three in every leg other than their Fast Forward, I didn't consider them to be "threats", and since Tyler & Nathan were in second place at the time, a U-Turn would've been better suited against someone who had been finishing high, such as Sam & Renae, even though I love that team too!

Anyways, getting back on the topic of this current leg, does anyone know whether there will be any more countries in Europe other than Poland? We're supposed to have 12 countries if I remember correctly, and we currently have visited six (Australia, Indonesia, China, South Africa, Netherlands, Czech Republic). Adding Poland, Israel and Sri Lanka onto that pile gives us nine, which leaves me wondering what the other three are. Am I missing any?

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2011, 01:17:57 AM »
Germany had a ride through on the train. I believe they are counting this.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2011, 01:33:27 AM »
^Correct, at least for the purposes of the ads. I wouldn't be surprised if they enter Israel through Egypt, though, given how the media seems to be reporting that as a country on the route. (And since it was filmed before Mubarak got overthrown, and the country's still not that safe, they chose to list Germany as the 12th country instead because they had the chance?)

Vietnam and Singapore are also missing from that leg.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2011, 03:01:57 AM »

Don't get me wrong guys, I am a HUGE believer in using the U-Turn, as long as you use it for the right reasons, not out of spite or dislike of somebody. Since Richard & Joey had finished in the Bottom Three in every leg other than their Fast Forward, I didn't consider them to be "threats", and since Tyler & Nathan were in second place at the time, a U-Turn would've been better suited against someone who had been finishing high, such as Sam & Renae, even though I love that team too!

It's called "getting rid of negative energy"

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2011, 03:51:46 PM »
Wasn't there a pic of the surfers in the mine with Sam/Renae? If so, then the passport drama is resolved fairly quickly.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2011, 08:04:43 AM »
Wasn't there a pic of the surfers in the mine with Sam/Renae? If so, then the passport drama is resolved fairly quickly.
I'm not sure. I definitely recall seeing Jeff & Luke in the mine, and Sam & Renae too, but I'm not sure if the Surfers were there... :duno:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2011, 06:20:54 PM »

That's my beautiful contry !!! Oooh,i'm so proud of my Brazil...¬¬

100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2011, 11:48:35 PM »
I'll be updating via iPad tonight, so my bits and pieces may be shorter than normal. If anybody wants to help tonight feel free to use these tips:

-Longer posts help our international friends get more of the experience from the show. Try to keep a running guide of what is happening, instead of posting a one off about something.
-Using quotes when racers say something funny or interesting always helps.
-If your fingers and/or wrists are sore by the end, it means you've done a good job. :lol:

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2011, 01:52:32 AM »
I'll be updating via iPad tonight, so my bits and pieces may be shorter than normal. If anybody wants to help tonight feel free to use these tips:

-Longer posts help our international friends get more of the experience from the show. Try to keep a running guide of what is happening, instead of posting a one off about something.
-Using quotes when racers say something funny or interesting always helps.
-If your fingers and/or wrists are sore by the end, it means you've done a good job. :lol:

Not watching AT the gym tonight so I will be updating :)