Author Topic: Amazing Race 19 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! **read post 1**  (Read 388461 times)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race 19 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! **read post 1**
« Reply #425 on: July 02, 2011, 08:52:25 AM »
I found a blog post by someone who flew with some of the teams from Johannesburg to Malawi.

The amazing race to Malawi?
The Amazing Race
When I arrived at my terminal to leave Johannesburg, there were approximately 5 guys with massive cameras, and perhaps the same number with large fuzzy mikes.  I was curious, but didn't say anything. On the plane, before I switched seats, I was talking to the girls I was sitting next to. They were headed to help their mom with a literacy project, getting oral stories written down in Chichewa.  We were saying how curious we were about the cameras, so I asked the guys what the were filming. They said that they were filming "a travel show.  It's going to be on tv eventually, but I don't know what channel."  That was enough to satisfy my curiosity. But there was a group of teenagers on a mission trip, and somehow they came to the conclusion that it was the amazing race. After I switched seats (there was a lot of seat switching going on), I was sitting next to a girl named Lisa from Holland, and a guy named Andy from Lake Tahoe.  We all ended up talking and sharing food from our meals (which were delicious) with each other.  It turns out this Andy guy was grouped with the camera people, and as soon as the plane landed, he was off as quickly as possible.  My cousin Ryan asked someone later, and it was the amazing race. I wonder what they'll be doing in Malawi...this is my second time bumping into them (first was in Seattle two years ago).  Maybe I should start watching that show!

« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 01:33:32 PM by Plaidmoon2 »

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #426 on: July 02, 2011, 04:49:50 PM »
^^ We need a lot more info before this can be confirmed. And isn't this odd it comes right after our Cypress discussion in spec?  :browsie:

Yeah, that's what I thought. It must've been a hoax, because now they deleted their account.  :duno:

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #427 on: July 02, 2011, 05:08:46 PM »
FACEBOOK POST: "Just got an email from daughter ............ The TV show 'Amazing Race' is filming in Malawi, Africa, just down the street from where we'll be staying next month. Can't wait to watch it. (POSTED 6 HRS AGO)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #428 on: July 02, 2011, 11:21:46 PM »
I don't see a screencapture?? Tell me exactly the words next to it??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #429 on: July 02, 2011, 11:24:11 PM »
I don't see a screencapture?? Tell me exactly the words next to it??

Follow the link and scroll down, its about the 10th tweet on the list:
abbsnicole
I head from my friend in Malawi and he told me he saw the Amazing Race go through the Lilongwe Airport! #TAR 1 hour ago

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #430 on: July 02, 2011, 11:35:50 PM »
I see the post, I was looking for a picture!! :lol:

fwiw, that most likely refers to them arriving. :tup:

My favorite of the day:

TheMovieSpoiler TheMovieSpoiler.com
FYI - The Amazing Racers just passed through Malawi. Cyprus next?
10 hours ago

Somebody forgot to read the part about FALSE SPOILERS. :snicker:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #431 on: July 03, 2011, 01:43:53 AM »
Hmmm...I found a facebook post that points to Cyprus again. Oh well, I'll post it with skepticism. This one looks more creative.

Magdalena, I am off duty today. Amazing race task at our hotel! Lefkaritika.
Just the top level, ya?
8 minutes ago

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #432 on: July 03, 2011, 04:11:05 AM »
Nicosia, Cyprus sighting that doesn't seem like a hoax!: http://twitter.com/#!/lululiaoxin/status/87437268545056768

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #433 on: July 03, 2011, 04:15:10 AM »
Here is the Google translation of the TL:

lululiaoxin Lulu Liao Xin
Amazing Race in the United States where the ancient Laiki Yitonia ask advice, Lulu also saw they were selling the jewelry. . . Wonderful.
29 minutes ago

Makarios Avenue and Stassicratous are big discovery! I love the SHOPPING! Burst a crazy ah! ! ! Gucci LV PRada and Juicy couture.
2 hours ago

Cough, 27 ° C? Nicosia is really hot ah! Help ah!
2 hours ago

Lulu seems to see the U.S. TV series in the shooting, that what is what. . . The Hague is not it! That "tornado" Well! That amazing game. Red, photo camera! Quickly, one more do you. Can be placed on top of that blog. OK, ah, OK, ah.
6 hours ago

Wow, from majorca to larnaca machine has more than seven in the first process, coupled with delay! However, the aircraft very well. Like Panda, do Aisi autumn (asserqueue). Lulu long to have never been in such a big fall Aisi it. . . Haha. So Panda very very lucky.
6 hours ago

Lulu in Cyprus le! Xi xi!
7 hours ago

FT Financial Times
 by lululiaoxin
Eurozone finance ministers set to approve Greek aid: Eurozone finance ministers set to approve next tranche o. .. http://on.ft.com/kMg7I6
14 hours ago

@
@ Reuters Vladimir can not do!!
8 hours ago

I like Greece, and the italy, albania and turkey, malta, cyprus and spain in meditteranean. Lulu have been here 6 months.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laiki Yitonia is a borough in Nicosia, Larnaca is where the airport is located, the actual temperature in Nicosia now is 30 Celsius and Makarios Avenue and Stassicratous are certainly in Nicosia.

The tweeter is based in Greece and seems that they flew from Majorca into Larnaca/Nicosia Cyprus this morning.

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #434 on: July 03, 2011, 04:25:27 AM »
I don't like that this "sighting" in Cyprus is from someone that began tweeting only 19 hours ago, but to tweet for 19 hours and build up a -somehow- credible story still leaves me with doubts...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #435 on: July 03, 2011, 04:43:22 AM »
Agreed. But at this point we will follow... Do remember though that our first believed to be faux Cyprus info came from someone really from Singapore, so posting in Chinese might not be a stretch....

If teams are leaving Malawi today as believed, then this is clearly false. Will ask for more info at the Malawi end.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #436 on: July 03, 2011, 04:55:01 AM »
Sounds like she's been using QQ (a Chinese social medium), which may not be working in Cyprus.

Reena taught me this new media, it's pretty convenient. I LOVE YOU REENA! When I get back to Greece I'll buy something for you! @SB_RENA It's 1pm, I'll buy a meal to share with you! Are you hungry?
- 6 minutes ago
Natural coffee is still the best. On the floor just below the supermarket. The QQ here isn't reliable, Lulu's Twitter and the new Myspace works pretty well though. It's better to change to using Twitter for this trip.
- 12 minutes ago
The American Amazing Race is asking for directions at the old Laiki Yitonia, Lulu saw them selling jewellery. Amazing.
- 1 hour ago
Makarios Avenue and Stassicratous are big discoveries! I love SHOPPING! Going crazy!!! Gucci LV PRada and Juicy couture.
- 3 hours ago
Huh, 27°C? Nicosia is hot! Help!
- 3 hours ago
Seems like Lulu saw an American TV show being filmed, that what-cha-call-it... Not "Haiya"! That "Twister" one! That amazing competition. Xiaohong, take photos! Quickly, quickly, one more. You can put it on your blog. Alright, that'd do.
- 7 hours ago
Lulu is in Cyprus! Heehee!
- 8 hours ago
Eurozone finance ministers set to approve Greek aid: Eurozone finance ministers set to approve next tranche o... (ad verbatim)
- 15 hours ago
@Reuters Vladimir. You can't do this!
- 19 hours ago
I like Greece, and the italy, albania and turkey, malta, cyprus and spain in meditteranean. Lulu have been here 6 months.
- 19 hours ago
I'm a Chinese, happy to do business with you horny Caucasians. Just joking, don't take it seriously, haha!
- 19 hours ago
Huh, Twitter is the best after all. When Lulu goes to Cyprus, I can still use Twitter.
- 19 hours ago
I use Chinese, the twitter can count less words. (ad verbatim)
- 19 hours ago
Although Lulu is a newbie, this American technology still works pretty fine.
- 19 hours ago
Lulu thinks that the character limit for Twitter is too little, the creators should be shot!
- 19 hours ago
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 05:02:10 AM by Neobie »

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #437 on: July 03, 2011, 05:07:02 AM »
Step by step... She tweets at 5am (local Cyprus time) she arrived in Cyprus and 1st mention of a TV filming takes place at 6am, as far as I can tell earliest arrival into Larnaca International with a possible connection from Lilongwe would have been at 8am via Addis Ababa on Ethiopian Airlines/Cyprus Airways. And for going from Majorca (Palma) to Larnaca it takes at least 3 connecting flights... even if she mentions either "like 7 stops" or "like 7 hr delay"... she would have been arriving from Munich at 1:50am; things are beginning not to match at all.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #438 on: July 03, 2011, 05:09:17 AM »
I had a few minutes finally to go back and look more carefully at the Facebook entry I posted earlier. Here is the entire string:

Why are my pictures removed by [banned image hosting site]? Copyright infringement!
23 minutes ago

those photos are my own, i take by self!
        23 minutes ago

Magdalena, I am off duty today. Amazing race task at our hotel! Lefkaritika.   
Just the top level, ya?
3 hours ago

Lefkaritika is apparently handmade lace from Cyprus according to Wikipedia

‎  yup. my off day
18 hours ago

there is a full day event at the bar
        about an hour ago

κουτί αγώνας κίτρινο !!!!       
http://i53.[banned image hosting site].com/70ud1hd.jpg
19 hours ago

Google translates this from Greek to Yellow box game!!!!!
 This picture link is broken or the picture has been deleted.

http://i53.[banned image hosting site].com/14bi7id.jpg
Nicosia in afternoon, magdalena, you should come.
20 hours ago

This picture link didn't work earlier but does now and is a random looking scene with no apparent TAR content that I can see. there is a side view of a box in the foreground but it's not a TAR clue box.

RECENT ACTIVITY

Name removed likes ROYIATIKO HOTEL, NICOSIA and 3 other pages.

This last bit really kills this for me:

Name removed has blown a kiss at Name removed back in June 2008.

The second name was the same as the faker from Singapore last night.

Someone appears to have started trying to set us up about 20 hours ago (my two sightings and Xarles' one tonight), so I'd take any sighting in Cyprus with suspicion at this point.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 05:14:34 AM by Plaidmoon2 »

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #439 on: July 03, 2011, 05:32:53 AM »
Someone appears to have started trying to set us up about 20 hours ago.

Can someone explain to me what for a Sichuan-native-Chinese-masseuse-who-lives-in-Athens-and-flies-from-Majorca-into-Nicosia-with-two-connections-in-a-Mediterranean-tour, follows 30 people which are mostly news, art, business media and personalities mainly from the US and UK? And why should I be paying attention?

:wall:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #440 on: July 03, 2011, 05:41:37 AM »
Good work guys!! For whatever reason, someone wants us to believe Cyprus. :groan:

Malawi info re departure today...everything else has been reliable, I am sticking with this for now.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #441 on: July 03, 2011, 05:44:17 AM »
Someone appears to have started trying to set us up about 20 hours ago.

Can someone explain to me what for a Sichuan-native-Chinese-masseuse-who-lives-in-Athens-and-flies-from-Majorca-into-Nicosia-with-two-connections-in-a-Mediterranean-tour, follows 30 people which are mostly news, art, business media and personalities mainly from the US and UK? And why should I be paying attention?

:wall:

:lol: I couldn't have said it better myself.  He knows we want to find information, so he thinks we'll be easy to fool.

Thanks for contributing, Xarles.  You're doing a good job!   :tup:

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #442 on: July 03, 2011, 07:19:30 AM »
κουτί αγώνας κίτρινο !!!!       
http://i53.[banned image hosting site].com/70ud1hd.jpg
19 hours ago

Google translates this from Greek to Yellow box game!!!!!
 This picture link is broken or the picture has been deleted.

If you take the words one by one they do translate as yellow race box but the whole phrase it's not grammatically correct in Greek. It's obvious to me that someone just did a crappy job in translating the English phrase to Greek and just copied pasted.
Also the majority of people in Greece and Cyprus when texting or using the net they write in Greeklish, that is greek words with english letters and a few english words in between.

Offline SkyWriter9

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #443 on: July 03, 2011, 07:59:25 AM »
Coming from China, the confusion about the Sichuan native following people from the US and UK doesn't make sense to me. QQ is basically the Chinese version of Twitter...

What confuses me more is the fact that they are using Twitter. It's blocked in China so they wouldn't really be able to communicate with friends that way... Then again, this could be an explanation for them following so little other Chinese.

Just something that makes the person seem less reliable to me.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 08:02:32 AM by SkyWriter9 »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #444 on: July 03, 2011, 11:30:43 AM »
I found a blog post that may or may not refer to TAR's visit to Taiwan. It looks like they google translated the original Chinese and posted the English that came out. It doesn't make sense but it specifically mentions TAR and some locations that possibly could have been used. However, it's also got references to marriage and "daughter seek Diamond" that make no sense to me. Maybe it will make sense to some of our Chinese fluent members. I tried to find a Chinese version on that page and couldn't find one.

http://0481.blogspot.com/2011/07/us-marriage-programs-seeking-diamonds.html

US-marriage programs seeking diamonds, vigorously promote Taiwan's daughter

Taiwan has recently favored by the US television program, the recent "Amazing Race" to Taiwan school trip, viewing the most prosperous tomorrow, the topic of marriage most popular reality show, "daughter seek Diamond" will premiere in the United States to Taiwan to film content, Pingxi day light and the train, Taroko National Park, Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall are into the mirror, not only praised Taiwan's scenery and beautiful actress Ashley, is also expected to stimulate the Americans to come to Taiwan for sightseeing .. . US-marriage programs seeking diamonds, vigorously promote Taiwan's daughter

« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 01:07:31 PM by Plaidmoon2 »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #445 on: July 03, 2011, 12:01:08 PM »
鸡婆八卦的臭三八,少来惹事凡我!我后来没有去追那个电视剧的下落!去你妈的,我没那么无聊。这种事还是留给你们这些闲着没事做的烂哈巴狗去苦苦嗅出吧。哈哈,败类!

I'll continue to keep half an eye on the poster, but no need to translate this one, guys. Don't think this is going to be worth our while.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #446 on: July 03, 2011, 12:07:01 PM »
鸡婆八卦的臭三八,少来惹事凡我!我后来没有去追那个电视剧的下落!去你妈的,我没那么无聊。这种事还是留给你们这些闲着没事做的烂哈巴狗去苦苦嗅出吧。哈哈,败类!

I'll continue to keep half an eye on the poster, but no need to translate this one, guys. Don't think this is going to be worth our while.

She is so rude( :duno:   OK...back to live sighting...

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #447 on: July 03, 2011, 02:37:48 PM »
The American Amazing Race is asking for directions at the old Laiki Yitonia, Lulu saw them selling jewellery. Amazing.
- 1 hour ago

This tweet is realizable by the following sequence:

Teams release from (final) Malawi leg at 12 noon on Saturday July 2nd. 
Take flight ET 871 leaving at 3:05 pm and arriving at Addis Ababa ADD at 7:45 pm
Take flight ET 600 leaving at 10:15 pm and arriving at Dubai DXB at 3:00 am
Take flight Jat Airways JU 89 leaving at 7:25 am and arriving at Larnaca LCA at 10:15 am

Taxi 25 miles to Nicosia

The tweet was made at about 1:45 am Pacific time which converts to 1145 am in Nicosia.   :tup:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #448 on: July 03, 2011, 02:46:59 PM »
That's the same tweeter that Xarles and Plaidmoon were working on last night. The whole thing seems suspicious.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #449 on: July 03, 2011, 02:50:10 PM »
I'm just saying it fits :duno:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders