Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds

Author Topic: TAR 19 Speculation and Discussion *of SPOILERS*  (Read 320907 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: TAR 19 Speculation and Discussion *of SPOILERS*
« Reply #950 on: November 15, 2011, 08:11:13 PM »
You normally need more than tweets to confirm a sighting. Photos are the best since it reduces the chances for misidentification. Or eyewitnesses who are able to ID teams specifically once the teams are known.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #951 on: November 16, 2011, 12:20:59 AM »
Just a note here.

I think you all know I personally choose to not do bootlists or spoil the final three, but that is just my own personal preference. Having been here for the Season 11 bootlist, I remember well that it really killed off the speculation, the anticipation...the FUN. So I don't do it.

But if you have firm evidence, feel free to present it here. Photos, live sightings, are all always welcomed. But remember, not all "sightings" prove to be accurate or reliable, so buyer beware. Things can also be misinterpreted, just as when Jen and Kisha on the train were falsely assumed elsewhere to be decoys.

All I'm saying is that no one, including myself, has any solid proof that any teams were spotted in Panama.

I am going to disagree with this. I have no reason to not believe that batmanwell saw exactly what he said he saw, when he first posted in a non-spoiler thread on yuku.

The problem is that certain posters are making assumptions based on that information that are ASSUMPTIONS, and not necessarily correct ones. So examine the data, form your own conclusions, but please do NOT repost others' assumptions and speculation as fact here.

And Bull Halsey @ Sucks did a very good job collating all the available data...again, the problem is those who are (mis) interpreting that data, not the data itself.

In any case, have fun, feel free to add any new info or facts to the discussion!
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #952 on: November 16, 2011, 01:25:32 AM »
All I'm saying is that no one, including myself, has any solid proof that any teams were spotted in Panama.
Verite Productions, which has worked with WRP before, is listed with a "WRP-19" for 2011.
AR-19 (July 4-16 2011)/ TV Episode/ Verite Producciones & WRP-19 /Panama - USA
Even though no racers are mentioned, it seems solid enough.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #953 on: November 16, 2011, 07:10:22 AM »
I think I worded that wrong. I believe that teams went to Panama, I just don't necessarily agree with any of the sightings seen there. As in exact teams etc. :)
I am trying to be more cautious especially when there seems to be confusion regarding this particular instance.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 07:26:09 AM by Prophet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #954 on: November 16, 2011, 10:25:37 AM »
Fair enough. Take this photo, for example. Reading between the lines (and previous posts), the two women would appear to be the posters Tatta and NicoleParis. The photo posting date--10 July--might be a bit troublesome, but the equipment is hard to deny. And although I don't follow TARLA, I doubt  they were in town the same time. Anyway, it's at Plaza Francia (photo here, pano here--choose "Plazade Francia Statues")

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #955 on: November 16, 2011, 11:21:02 AM »
Now that we have a title for Belgium2 DomEl's guess about the Lommel proving grounds is looking good: it has the same forested appearance as the intro caps (video here).

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #956 on: November 16, 2011, 11:28:51 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4CqquftJ6c&feature

check out this video for Lommel proving ground. Around 1.00 the road and the forest is very similar to what we saw in the promo.
Joab's TARA- Kiki & Co-racer. Hitting the BlackJack tables in Macau
Betty(1) & Matilda(2) 1076MDL

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #957 on: November 16, 2011, 11:33:04 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4CqquftJ6c&feature

check out this video for Lommel proving ground. Around 1.00 the road and the forest is very similar to what we saw in the promo.

something they did season 9 in germany

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #958 on: November 21, 2011, 04:06:22 PM »
@PhilKeoghan
“@RealReyesTheDog: Will you ever lower the age to 18 like Survivor did or would that cause too much red tape?” >>> working on it:)

Phil Keoghan will working on it for limited 18 age in The Amazing Race? but Contestant must 21 years old?  ??? ???
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #959 on: November 21, 2011, 05:10:05 PM »
They've been allowing exceptions to the 21+ rule for a while. They might as well open it up to everyone.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #960 on: November 21, 2011, 10:50:32 PM »
Just a word of advice for TAR20 onwards:

We've got to work out where exactly the line is between looking for spoilers and stalking the contestants. It feels like we've been getting too close to the bad side of that for a couple of seasons now - it honestly wouldn't surprise me if there's another six-year wait before the next Australia visit after what happened in TAR18.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • For the winners go to spoil!
« Reply #961 on: November 22, 2011, 01:02:58 AM »
We've got to work out where exactly the line is between looking for spoilers and stalking the contestants. It feels like we've been getting too close to the bad side of that for a couple of seasons now - it honestly wouldn't surprise me if there's another six-year wait before the next Australia visit after what happened in TAR18.

I'd agree on the first half of your post, but would disagree on the second.

Our resident stalkers have never deterred TAR from starting, over and over and over again, at LAX! :lol:
Found out that Neobie in Chinese means "f*king awesome"! No, really. Look it up!

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #962 on: November 22, 2011, 02:14:56 AM »
There's a difference between having a few team types (eg. "two blonde girls in pink") spoiled at the start of the season and having entire legs - tasks, locations, arrivals - spoiled, though.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #963 on: November 22, 2011, 06:45:49 AM »
There's a difference between having a few team types (eg. "two blonde girls in pink") spoiled at the start of the season and having entire legs - tasks, locations, arrivals - spoiled, though.

Should the spotters wear protective lenses?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #964 on: November 22, 2011, 12:22:58 PM »
tarflyonthewall, I disagree with you as well.

TAR films in public places. In this era with continuous internet connections (or mobile connections) twitter, phonecams, and what have you, the show isn't going to be able to prevent anyone from reporting what they see, or conversations that they may have (unless the producers get the confidentiality/filming waivers signed.) At this point, the show is fully aware of what may happen, and that they'll face this in some areas of the world more than others.

LAX, in particular, is something I think they've decided to live with. Even the employees there are well aware of when TAR is filming on the premises. While some legs have been well spoiled the last two cycles, others have remained totally obscured, or nearly so.

What I do agree with is that observers of the filming should not directly interfere with the filming. Observe and report to their heart's content, but observe and do not interfere. It's pretty clear to me the show has figured out to use places that are not totally open for tasks (such as the Speed Bump and U-Turn) and this season's use of local "containers" for clue holders is a very clever way of hiding the clues in plain sight.
-- theschnauzers

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #965 on: November 22, 2011, 02:58:17 PM »
I want to pile on, tarflyonthewall. World Race Productions/Earthview has opted to not use any airport for the last several Amazing Races that started except with drives to LAX. If they spread the start around the country it would be much more difficult for us to find them at the start. They are choosing the easy route and need to rethink their starting strategy if they want to avoid RFF spoiling races from the beginning.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #966 on: November 24, 2011, 02:19:59 AM »
From this video:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/obde6NQk62U?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/obde6NQk62U?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

Have we seen this location/scene yet??

"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Tim & Te Jay. All-Time Pre-Faves
« Reply #967 on: November 24, 2011, 02:34:57 AM »
To me, that taxi looks like a Panama one. So, F4?! There are some white taxis there that seem like this one.

Even though some taxis in Indonesia look like this one too...
Sam's AR10: Sarah & Shaleen F04 Leg 10 (2,310 CNY)
TAR Greece: Ivi&Eleftheria  F15 Leg 02 (418 Left)
RS Armenia:   David Zhang   F15 IC6
TAR 25:       Tim & TeJay   Pre-Season Faves <3333

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #968 on: November 24, 2011, 02:56:40 AM »
I'm pretty sure this is a shot from Indonesia. The spelling of 'Taksi' on the roof is a dead giveaway and as far as I know, they don't spell it like that in Panama..

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Tim & Te Jay. All-Time Pre-Faves
« Reply #969 on: November 24, 2011, 02:57:59 AM »
I'm pretty sure this is a shot from Indonesia. The spelling of 'Taksi' on the roof is a dead giveaway and as far as I know, they don't spell it like that in Panama..

I was researching and found that too. TAKSI is Indonesian, this may be an unaired shot in the Leg 02 Roadblock, maybe?
Sam's AR10: Sarah & Shaleen F04 Leg 10 (2,310 CNY)
TAR Greece: Ivi&Eleftheria  F15 Leg 02 (418 Left)
RS Armenia:   David Zhang   F15 IC6
TAR 25:       Tim & TeJay   Pre-Season Faves <3333

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #970 on: November 24, 2011, 03:10:16 AM »
If we look at Peach's useful preview caps from Episode 2 here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26267.msg668062.html#msg668062

We can see that Amani is wearing the same top in cap 15, and we can also see the same taxi brand in cap 18. This is probably the car park for the Jomblang Caves.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #971 on: November 24, 2011, 03:17:21 AM »
Thanks guys!! I was pretty sure I didn't have it my caps.... Wasn't sure where it was!! :lol:

Offline Squall16

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Anything is Possible
« Reply #972 on: November 24, 2011, 10:19:15 AM »
nvm :(
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 10:41:21 AM by Squall16 »

Offline NoluckBoston

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #973 on: November 24, 2011, 10:32:20 AM »
Squall,
Was it at the start of the race?

Offline claysparks

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #974 on: November 27, 2011, 01:39:26 AM »
I hope Ernie & Cindy are not in the Final 3.Don't like Ernie's  antagonist face.lol It seems in the next epi Bil & Cathi will be eliminated.Damn!
Wish the 2 all-female team are still in the running instead of Jeremy & Sandy.

Custom Search