Author Topic: TAR 19 Speculation and Discussion *of SPOILERS*  (Read 507489 times)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
Re: TAR 19 Speculation and Discussion *of SPOILERS*
« Reply #775 on: October 31, 2011, 11:08:21 AM »
For fun, a speculated boot order:

Leg 7 Malawi: Bill and Cathi eliminated
Leg 8 Denmark: Laurence and Zac eliminated (this should be a fun leg, I think E/C will use their EP on the last leg for it and there could be a U-turn)
Leg 9 Belgium: Justin and Jennifer eliminated
Leg 10 Belgium: Amani and Marcus NEL :lol: :res:
Leg 11 Panama: Amani and Marcus eliminated
Leg 12 Georgia: Ernie and Cindy win :wohoo:

I'd prefer to have Andy & Tommy and Jeremy & Sandy eliminated instead of Amani & Marcus and Justin & Jennifer (the latter being a surprise for me), but I can accept Bill & Cathi and Laurence & Zac going home.  And Ernie & Cindy are back to being my favorite team, so I hope they win.

Belle Book

Online Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #776 on: October 31, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »
It really doesn't concern me when I see that the race is going to an already-visited country, purely because I know the leg is usually going to be brand new and fresh.

Take India for example. There are so many different cultures, languages, customs and sights just in that one country (albeit very large country) alone, that I know we're in for a very special viewing experience, even after the 13 or so legs we've already seen there. I honestly believe we could get through hundreds of seasons without the list of potential locations growing scarce.

Online Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #777 on: October 31, 2011, 11:31:54 AM »
"Super Shady (Copenhagen, Denmark)"

Since Copenhagen is in the title, could there be a second Denmark leg?

Good spot! In both TAR19 and 18, if a location other than the country was included, it meant there was more than one leg in that country, so I'd be inclined to believe in a second Denmark leg.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #778 on: October 31, 2011, 12:18:11 PM »
Good! Then transit is just transit, and our list is DONEDONEDONE!!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Squall16

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Anything is Possible
« Reply #779 on: October 31, 2011, 11:37:23 PM »
For fun, a speculated boot order:

Leg 7 Malawi: Bill and Cathi eliminated
Leg 8 Denmark: Laurence and Zac eliminated (this should be a fun leg, I think E/C will use their EP on the last leg for it and there could be a U-turn)
Leg 9 Belgium: Justin and Jennifer eliminated
Leg 10 Belgium: Amani and Marcus NEL :lol: :res:
Leg 11 Panama: Amani and Marcus eliminated
Leg 12 Georgia: Ernie and Cindy win :wohoo:

I'd prefer to have Andy & Tommy and Jeremy & Sandy eliminated instead of Amani & Marcus and Justin & Jennifer (the latter being a surprise for me), but I can accept Bill & Cathi and Laurence & Zac going home.  And Ernie & Cindy are back to being my favorite team, so I hope they win.

Belle Book

This is what I think so far... PURELY UNKNOWN
Leg 7 Malawi: Andy and Tommy eliminated (due to a U-turn) [IF contestants are smart] hahah
Leg 8 Denmark: Bill and Cathi eliminated
Leg 9 Belgium: Laurence and Zac eliminated
Leg 10 Belgium:(?)
Leg 11 Panama: (?)
Leg 12 Georgia: (?)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 06:34:23 AM by Squall16 »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #780 on: November 02, 2011, 12:14:30 AM »
Tell you what...

If you are SPECULATING a bootlist based on SPOILERS, then this is the place. If you are jsut speculating on NO basis, then take it to Wishlists please. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #781 on: November 03, 2011, 08:59:37 AM »
On this matter, I find it curious, if I am not mistaken at this similar point last year, we did have a better idea of how the remainder of the season would roll out. 
Just went through some of the other threads and the timeline, and there are very few sightings that could give us more concrete data to speculate on the placement of the teams still in the running.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #782 on: November 03, 2011, 09:12:00 AM »
On this matter, I find it curious, if I am not mistaken at this similar point last year, we did have a better idea of how the remainder of the season would roll out. 
Just went through some of the other threads and the timeline, and there are very few sightings that could give us more concrete data to speculate on the placement of the teams still in the running.

I wonder if this is related to the new versions of clue boxes.  The old clue boxes were quite visible and recognizable.

Online Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #783 on: November 05, 2011, 01:31:39 AM »
Quote from CBS Foursquare: 'teams must choose whether to sabotage their fellow Racers for a chance @ 1st place!'

I find this worded a bit strangely. I wouldn't say that using the U-Turn gives you a 'chance' at first place. If you're already in first, it just makes first place more likely than it already is, and if you're second or below, it doesn't get you any closer to the team in first.

What if the inclusion of the iPads heralds a new way of U-Turning? There could be two U-Turn boards, both a long way apart, and a team would use the power at the first board, but wouldn't discover their fate until reaching the second. In this way, a team would be able to U-Turn a team that is in front of them.

I don't really think this is the case, but it would be a very interesting idea if it was implemented correctly!

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #784 on: November 05, 2011, 08:42:39 AM »
From http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/amazing-race-19-2011/episode-9-season-19/amazing-race-19/327343

Season 19, Episode 9
Episode Synopsis: The race continues in Denmark and Belgium. Original Air Date: Nov 20, 2011

What could this mean? One task in Denmark and one in Belgium? Or maybe tasks in D and PitStop in B a bit like in leg 5? Or maybe the whole leg is in Belgium? Or a two hour episode with a TBC leg?   ???

Online Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #785 on: November 05, 2011, 08:56:51 AM »
From http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/amazing-race-19-2011/episode-9-season-19/amazing-race-19/327343

Season 19, Episode 9
Episode Synopsis: The race continues in Denmark and Belgium. Original Air Date: Nov 20, 2011

What could this mean? One task in Denmark and one in Belgium? Or maybe tasks in D and PitStop in B a bit like in leg 5? Or maybe the whole leg is in Belgium? Or a two hour episode with a TBC leg?   ???

Interesting! It is probably a split leg then, with teams travelling from Copenhagen to Belgium midway through the leg, before a full run in Belgium in the next leg.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #786 on: November 05, 2011, 09:26:58 AM »
AHHH!! Thanks!! That is what we have been waiting for...remember we have been very unclear as to whether or not this leg included the TRANSIT portion as well, we had some conflicting info.

So this is good to know!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #787 on: November 05, 2011, 10:41:59 AM »
Ideally this should mean that one of either the roadblock or detour is in Denmark and the second is in Belgium; the classic formulation of this would be the TAR 2 leg split between Hong Kong and Sydney (you know the one with Danny and Oswald shopping).

It's also possible it could be a leg with 2 detours and no roadblocks (total speculation): the big question is the transportation between the two countries. (Bus, train, drive. fly?); all of the options would be open and would be do-able since the likely routes would cross Germany and the Netherlands on the way.
-- theschnauzers

Offline miichaeeltran

• RFF Not So Newbie
The Amazing Race 19 Final Destinations !
« Reply #788 on: November 06, 2011, 04:05:18 AM »
WHAT DO YOU THINK THE FINAL DESTINATION IS ? LOL   :lol:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #789 on: November 06, 2011, 07:10:38 AM »

We know it is in Georgia. :)
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #790 on: November 06, 2011, 08:24:59 AM »

We know it is in Georgia. :)

Clearly a challenge sent out to <3 :lol:.. right in her backyard. :neener:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #791 on: November 06, 2011, 09:11:41 AM »
Challenge accepted. :neener:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 19 Final Destinations !
« Reply #792 on: November 06, 2011, 08:32:22 PM »

We will never know, because of the nondisclosure forms peach had to sign  :lol: :lol:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #793 on: November 06, 2011, 09:10:18 PM »
Well I have a gut feeling that next week Ernie and Cindy U-Turns Bill and Cathi. :groan: :'( That's a game changing move. :groan: :'( UGH WHYYYY. :'(
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #794 on: November 07, 2011, 12:56:03 AM »
The Amazing Race
Episode 9 - 'It's Speedo Time' (Belgium)

CBS Schedule

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #795 on: November 07, 2011, 01:47:34 AM »
The Amazing Race

CBS Schedule

I guess we finally get to see the task with the Mustangs, that they have been teasing is with, since before the first episode.

Back then I suspected Belgium but it was Dom El who had the best idea

A notable feature of the red Mustang shot is the long grass. It is unusual to see such unkempt greenery in a top-class circuit, unless it was a huge facility. This made me look into Ford Testing Facilities. We saw teams take a ride on the Mercedes-Benz test track in Germany in Season 9, so why not again with Ford? Ford have no testing grounds in Asia, but apart from one in the UK, the only other one in Europe is in BELGIUM: The Lommel Proving Ground.

The facility itself is huge, with a large variety of tracks which are all closed to the public. As a result, there are very few videos of the track itself. Of the few there are though, they show evidence of narrow straights, undulating terrain, forest cover on both sides with very similar trees to the ones we see in the footage. In short, some parts of the Ford facility seem to be a perfect fit for the Mustang task.

We've wondered why there was virtually no sightings of the race in Belgium. The test track is quite removed from any major city, so if teams were touring the remote Belgian countryside (or maybe even the Dutch as well; the border is only a couple of miles away) for this leg, no wonder we had no info.

Still no concrete proof, but at the moment, this is my best guess..
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 01:50:58 AM by kiki »

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #796 on: November 07, 2011, 03:12:20 AM »
The Amazing Race Ep 8
It's Speedo Time (Brussels, Belgium)
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #797 on: November 07, 2011, 04:21:59 AM »
The Amazing Race

CBS Schedule

I guess we finally get to see the task with the Mustangs, that they have been teasing is with, since before the first episode.

Back then I suspected Belgium but it was Dom El who had the best idea

A notable feature of the red Mustang shot is the long grass. It is unusual to see such unkempt greenery in a top-class circuit, unless it was a huge facility. This made me look into Ford Testing Facilities. We saw teams take a ride on the Mercedes-Benz test track in Germany in Season 9, so why not again with Ford? Ford have no testing grounds in Asia, but apart from one in the UK, the only other one in Europe is in BELGIUM: The Lommel Proving Ground.

The facility itself is huge, with a large variety of tracks which are all closed to the public. As a result, there are very few videos of the track itself. Of the few there are though, they show evidence of narrow straights, undulating terrain, forest cover on both sides with very similar trees to the ones we see in the footage. In short, some parts of the Ford facility seem to be a perfect fit for the Mustang task.

We've wondered why there was virtually no sightings of the race in Belgium. The test track is quite removed from any major city, so if teams were touring the remote Belgian countryside (or maybe even the Dutch as well; the border is only a couple of miles away) for this leg, no wonder we had no info.

Still no concrete proof, but at the moment, this is my best guess..

Oh please, oh please, oh please, let it be racing cars on a track! 

:kal

I do NOT want to see Laurence in a Speedo!   

:peek 
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 08:48:16 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline amazinglatinoamericafan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #798 on: November 08, 2011, 07:39:57 PM »
Please remember the rules about FB:

Nothing (no photos, no comments, no anything) should be posted from a racer's OWN Facebook without their written approval.

info removed

But def not race related anyway.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26139.0.html
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 09:42:57 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #799 on: November 08, 2011, 07:57:10 PM »
The Amazing Race Ep 8
It's Speedo Time (Brussels, Belgium)

i think i now what they are talk try for the largest pool in belguim