Author Topic: TAR 19 Speculation and Discussion *of SPOILERS*  (Read 507557 times)

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 19 Speculation and Discussion *of SPOILERS*
« Reply #100 on: June 19, 2011, 05:04:50 PM »
We believe Chateau missed a team at the airport, all 11 were there...
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: June 19, 2011, 07:38:04 PM »
With teams traveling to The Shibuya of Taipei I would suspect that the task there is some sort of search task

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #102 on: June 19, 2011, 08:23:01 PM »
We believe Chateau missed a team at the airport, all 11 were there...

I concur  :)

I needed to check a second location (the MH95 flight) so I may have missed them going by.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2011, 09:06:37 PM »
As I recall, that tipped off the Penang and Singapore legs during filming

:'(

If you ask me, the only places I want to see TAR 19 visiting after Taiwan would be The Philippines, Bhutan and Indonesia. They visited Taiwan in Season 12 once and I definitely don't mind seeing them there again.

But if they fly to Hong Kong next, I'll scream. :lol:

Online weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: June 19, 2011, 09:24:47 PM »

If believe the next leg will start around 9:49 pm then? (June 20) SO lets search flights between 9:30 - until airport stops until the sunrise.  (Of course they could do a second leg in Taiwan).

So by doing a quick search there are only three destinations that make could be visited next that makes sense: Kaohsiung (in the south of Taiwan), Hong Kong and Manila. Others make no sense at all such as SF and Amsterdam. The limited destinations makes me think a second leg in Taiwan.

looked like they don't set 12hrs pitstop recently season...

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2011, 09:48:29 PM »
If believe the next leg will start around 9:49 pm then? (June 20) SO lets search flights between 9:30 - until airport stops until the sunrise.  (Of course they could do a second leg in Taiwan).

So by doing a quick search there are only three destinations that make could be visited next that makes sense: Kaohsiung (in the south of Taiwan), Hong Kong and Manila. Others make no sense at all such as SF and Amsterdam. The limited destinations makes me think a second leg in Taiwan.

I think this reasoning is a bit limited. Those may be the only places where one can fly to nonstop starting in that time frame, but connecting in Hong Kong opens a huge number of possibilities and connecting in Manila opens several too.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2011, 09:55:01 PM »

I think this reasoning is a bit limited. Those may be the only places where one can fly to nonstop starting in that time frame, but connecting in Hong Kong opens a huge number of possibilities and connecting in Manila opens several too.

Taiwan's International Airport flies to just about as many places in the world with their own Airlines such as EVA Airways and all the China International Airlines. Cathay Pacific is there as well.

I have to say after Taiwan, it can be anywhere. But I am more incline to say Southeast Asia, definitely.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: June 19, 2011, 10:20:43 PM »
The following is SPECULATION and should not be treated as fact.  :tup: It also gets a bit convoluted, so strap in!

It seems that WRP has several 'tiers' of countries that they visit for each race in Southeast/Central Asia:

I - China / India
II - Japan / Thailand
III - Malaysia / Vietnam
IV - South Korea / Singapore / Cambodia
V - Mongolia / Sri Lanka / Philippines / Bangladesh / Taiwan (which moves up the ranks as of now)
unvisited countries - Laos / Bhutan / Nepal / Timor / Indonesia / central Asian countries

Generally they'll pick from 3 tiers (17 hit 1, 4, 5, 16 hit 1, 3, 4, 15 hit 2, 3, 4 etc.). 18 I suspect had locations chosen due to how they would render in HD, and 14 had locations chosen for ease in production matters. Anyway, the pattern seems to be 1 country in an upper tier, 2 countries in a lower tier, so since we've hit Taiwan, I'd hazard a guess that we're due for {Malaysia/Vietnam}, maybe Thailand, and maybe a new country in the next few legs. Given a) the overload of China in the past 3 races (5 legs in Chinese-based countries/territories) and b) the visit to Taiwan, I'd say China is unlikely.

I'd also not rule out the possibility of another leg in Taiwan!

Offline mds1978

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #108 on: June 19, 2011, 10:30:05 PM »
As someone who lives in LA and flies to Asia often, I know that when you're flying out of LAX there aren't that many international gateways, and every night there are at least four jumbo jets that fly to Taipei (they all depart around midnight-1 am), and this allows for tons of connections within two hours of arriving in Taipei, so it's very likely that this is just the gateway city through which the teams connect to their next flight, which could literally be anywhere in Southeast Asia, the south pacific, or china. The only cities where it wouldn't make sense to go through Taipei would be Tokyo, Shanghai, Beijing, Bangkok, or Seoul, plus a few others, because they have direct flights.

However, a Taipei leg makes complete sense logistically because those midnight flights all arrive at around 6am, giving them a full day to race. Plus it would allow them to tie it in with the task they did in LA, like if they were given an object at the temple that somehow relates to the roadblock, like the way teams got a package of tea in china last season that became the theme of the next roadblock in Kolkata.

Very exciting to have the race going on now! Time to marvel at the detective work...hope we get a lot of spoilers this time!

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2011, 10:57:19 PM »
Any description of teams checked-in based on photos in Contestant thread?
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2011, 11:00:54 PM »
Let's give them a chance guys, they are busy right now. Be patient.... :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2011, 11:04:43 PM »
From FB:

Looks like I'm flying to Vietnam with the new season of Amazing race!
8 minutes ago via iPhone · ·

Wait. What? Really? When? I will check it out soon! I'm living in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam!  :hearts:

The VietNam spoiler is an error I believe by the poster... one of the flights is a codeshare VietNam airlines flight, I think that is all. They were not flying to VietNam at all, they were going to Taipei.

Please reread the comment...there is NO evidence for VIETNAM AT ALL!!!

i clicked into the poster's fb profile and she had a status that said "vietnam in a month!!"

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2011, 11:59:00 PM »
I ain't too happy with this Jared kid right now.

He had me fooled too.  But he was very good, maybe production hired him to keep us off the trail.  :duno: :lol3:

We had a pretty good hoaxer when TAR 17 was in England at Stonehenge but the details of his tweets eventually began to conflict and we figured him out. This guy yesterday was better.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: June 20, 2011, 12:04:44 AM »
I went back and checked, and I was thinking of TAR 15. When the teams went to Japan, there was speculation that they would then go to Taiwan, and then Vietnam, and there was some research that showed that there were flights from Taiwan to Vietnam. It didn't materialize, but my point today was that the one tweeter could legitimately be headed to Vietnam, and be on a flight with this season's new Racers.

That said, Phil has been spotted during the Race a few times, including at pitstops, during these last couple of seasons (Sydney, for one), but one spotting of Phil outside a pit stop that I can think of offhand was in the Penang airport in TAR 16. As I recall, that tipped off the Penang and Singapore legs during filming, as the Race had dropped out of sight. (Seychelles, anyone?)

Back in TAR 15, we had a vacationing woman from Australia that spotted the teams in Vietnam and then a day or two later ran across Phil in a restaurant/bar in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. I believe that tipped off both legs for us. Quite a coincidence, but it happened.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #114 on: June 20, 2011, 01:39:54 AM »
Back in TAR 15, we had a vacationing woman from Australia that spotted the teams in Vietnam and then a day or two later ran across Phil in a restaurant/bar in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. I believe that tipped off both legs for us. Quite a coincidence, but it happened.

That was a crazy headache. I remembered some of us were skeptical of it.. too much of a coincidence. But lucky Australian woman, I say! :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #115 on: June 20, 2011, 01:56:26 AM »
Back to TAR 19??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2011, 02:39:31 AM »
I have just looked up the flight departures in Taipei Taoyuan Int'l airport
There is the possibility of the teams go to Manila  at 9:35 which is already left in the morning of 20th june
For the 19th, after 10p.m. ,i have searched that all flights that go to LAX ,and the european countries

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #117 on: June 20, 2011, 05:44:37 AM »
PTT info:
old couple last arrive!
NEL!
Speedbump next leg!

And...
Next leg!
the first time in the history of the Amazing Race,

there will be a DOUBLE ELIMINATION!!!!

I believe this Double Elimination would be different from the one we had in TAR 10? So it is two teams eliminated on the same mat?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #118 on: June 20, 2011, 05:47:25 AM »
Yes, meaning the last 2 teams who check-in will be eliminated. I believe.

If the old couple survived next leg, they will jump up from 11th place to 9th place instantly. Pretty screwed up.. but that's the game. :lol:

Offline KingCrimson88

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #119 on: June 20, 2011, 07:36:39 AM »
I gotta say, this double elim stuff, if true, sounds like the worst thing TAR has ever done, after the TAR family edition of course.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: June 20, 2011, 08:01:33 AM »
I have a very tenuous clue that the next location (or the one after that) may be Port Moresby in Papua New Guinea.
There are no direct flights that I can see from Taiwan to PNG, but there are plenty of connections using combinations of Hong Kong, Singapore, Manila, Sidney, Brisbane and Cairns.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline ariachiang

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #121 on: June 20, 2011, 08:08:45 AM »
Just got the tip from someone who saw the rundown about the Next Country.

It's new for TAR(US)-Indonesia

and the possible fly maybe GA9981/CI761(0845) BR237(0900) or CI679(1350)

Hoping it's right.

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #122 on: June 20, 2011, 08:29:02 AM »
Yesssssssss!! I hope this is true!
Is it possible that Jakarta is just a layover before Denpasar (Bali)?

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: June 20, 2011, 08:40:21 AM »
What's the clue for Port Moresby?

And what's the rundown, do the production people have it written down somewhere then?

Online weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: June 20, 2011, 08:49:18 AM »
What's the clue for Port Moresby?

And what's the rundown, do the production people have it written down somewhere then?

The rundown was on Phil's hand("1902 open"),next country is Indonesia.