Author Topic: TAR 19 Speculation and Discussion *of SPOILERS*  (Read 507475 times)

Offline tdeathgem

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 19 Speculation and Discussion *of SPOILERS*
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2011, 05:24:43 PM »
Oh yeah, we have teams now in Niagra Falls, DC and on the way to Frankfurt! :lol:

um... Start in DC, Connect in Frankfort, go to Canada????
Or are those just 3 different rumors...

Online Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2011, 05:26:14 PM »
Totally made me laugh-out-loud just then. They are definitely three different rumours, all of which I am quite worried about!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline tdeathgem

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2011, 05:27:14 PM »
Wow, I am stupid. Start in Canada/DC, Connect in Canada/DC and fly to Frankfurt

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2011, 05:27:55 PM »
Oh yeah, we have teams now in Niagra Falls, DC and on the way to Frankfurt! :lol:

Question is: "Is any of these rumors true?"  :duno:
Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 25 premieres Friday, September 26, 2014 8/7C on CBS

Offline tdeathgem

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2011, 05:30:10 PM »
Germany may be a problem due to E. Coli...

Online Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2011, 05:32:07 PM »
LAX-Frankfurt-Copenhagen,Denmark is looking to be promising, but I am still nervous after all these hoaxes!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2011, 05:33:42 PM »
If the race had started today and we somehow missed it, I'd be shocked. You would think that more people would have been tweeting about this if it were true. I call all three of these as fake.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2011, 05:35:03 PM »
If the race had started today and we somehow missed it, I'd be shocked. You would think that more people would have been tweeting about this if it were true. I call all three of these as fake.

Maybe they started somewhere like last season near Palm Springs in the desert where its more isolated.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2011, 05:38:10 PM »
LAX-Frankfurt-Copenhagen,Denmark is looking to be promising, but I am still nervous after all these hoaxes!

I am taking this set of tweets with caution until we some someone else reporting on it from LAX (or elsewhere in the Los Angeles area) as well. Most of the pre-race indications had them going to Asia first. This info looks good, but we may have finally found a smooth hoaxer.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2011, 05:41:37 PM »

I am taking this set of tweets with caution until we some someone else reporting on it from LAX (or elsewhere in the Los Angeles area) as well. Most of the pre-race indications had them going to Asia first. This info looks good, but we may have finally found a smooth hoaxer.

This guy doesn't look/sound like a hoaxer to me.    Peach will clarify if this person is a hoaxer or not.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2011, 05:43:19 PM »

That's what I was thinking. He keeps introducing new "info" like they were supposed to go to argentina and now they are going to Copenhagen. Also he never really tweeted before this and didn't have any followers until you guys started following him.

However, I think his ramblings are fact based but embellished :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2011, 05:43:38 PM »

Maybe they started somewhere like last season near Palm Springs in the desert where its more isolated.

Could be. But we still had plenty of sightings that day at LAX. I'm also bothered by the time of day though. It seems a little late to be starting. I thought most of the time they began in the morning or early afternoon.

Offline tdeathgem

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2011, 05:47:26 PM »

Could be. But we still had plenty of sightings that day at LAX. I'm also bothered by the time of day though. It seems a little late to be starting. I thought most of the time they began in the morning or early afternoon.

I am taking these tweets with caution until he gets a picture...

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2011, 05:47:32 PM »

Its almost 4:00pm here on the west coast.  The race could have started in the late morning around 11am-noon.  Remember they have to travel to the airport, get to the terminal, go through check-in and security.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2011, 05:49:49 PM »

This guy doesn't look/sound like a hoaxer to me.   

I agree, he doesn't sound like a hoaxer. He sounds like a real fan, like what I would be saying if I was there. He's been a tweeting machine. I'm just trying to be cautious since in the past, we've usually had several people tweeting about seeing the TAR racers. It's a bit funny that we haven't seen any other reports yet. That's all I'm saying. I'd expect to see some other people tweeting about it in the next couple of hours or at least before the flight leaves.

Also, he's apparently never sent a tweet until an hour ago. That's a bit suspicious.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2011, 05:51:08 PM »

Its almost 4:00pm here on the west coast.  The race could have started in the late morning around 11am-noon.  Remember they have to travel to the airport, get to the terminal, go through check-in and security.

And the supposed starting line task. (I don't think there is any way he could know if they had done one, either a guess or a fabrication imo)
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2011, 05:53:08 PM »

Yeah. Me too. Is there any possibility that somebody could ask him to take some pictures?
Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 25 premieres Friday, September 26, 2014 8/7C on CBS

Offline tdeathgem

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2011, 05:54:29 PM »

Yeah. Me too. Is there any possibility that somebody could ask him to take some pictures?

I did

Offline tdeathgem

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2011, 05:57:07 PM »
Wait... How is the tweeter sure that those are the teams...

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2011, 05:57:27 PM »
Until we know if this is fake or not, I guess I'll humor it for a bit. The description of married little people from TV made me think of Bill Klein and Jen Arnold. I saw them on TV once and they also have a show on TLC.

Offline stifflfootball

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2011, 06:06:17 PM »
Based on the speculated starting line challenge and up to 3 teams getting on the earlier flight to Frankfurt (Lufthansa 457), they would arrive in Frankfurt at 10:25 Sunday morning with the connection to Copenhagen (Lufthansa 828) departing at 2:45PM, arriving in Copenhagen at 4:05PM.  The other teams may be flying to Frankfort on Lufthansa 451, departing 7:00PM and arriving Sunday at 2:40PM with the connection to Copenhagen (Lufthansa 830) departing at 4:55PM and arriving in Copenhagen at 6:15PM.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 10:47:56 PM by stifflfootball »
TAR - Around the world from the comfort of your couch.

paldog123456

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2011, 06:08:58 PM »
So the first destination is Copenhagen?! I love it!

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2011, 06:18:52 PM »
Where was the startline? Were teams in Canada?

No, teams were probally in the Los Angeles metropolitan area like last season and the 12th-16ths seasons as well.

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2011, 06:26:16 PM »
Amazing Race DC was today.  I'm guessing that might be the DC sightings.

Offline guacamole300

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2011, 06:29:54 PM »

emilyreagh
Anyone know when the amazing race starts filming? I think I just saw contestants
hace 5 horas

anybody saw this tweet?