December 19, 2014, 11:20:00 PM

Author Topic: TAR 19 Speculation and Discussion *of SPOILERS*  (Read 325471 times)

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 19 Speculation and Discussion *of SPOILERS*
« Reply #850 on: October 30, 2011, 10:40:13 PM »
heh... Nice to see you in spoilers!! :lol:

okaaaaay. I quit trying to hide away from spoilers. I cannot stand the feeling of not looking for spoilers. :lol:

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #851 on: October 30, 2011, 10:55:01 PM »
I hope it improves, but with such a bad casting i doubt it.

I agree that casting is not the greatest. It makes me think of season 15 (but certainly not 16).
Personally, it lacks of good all female and parent/child teams. Too much couples. Well, its thrue that the last two seasons had awsome casting with three and four parent/child teams and good female teams who won both seasons, but still...

There must be another Brook & Claire or Gallory wanting to be on the show somewhere, no?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #852 on: October 30, 2011, 11:00:38 PM »
One thing I noticed is that there have been surprise elements where racers were supposed to think beyond their instructions, like the billboard in Taiwan, the "surrender your money" additional info and the whole "you should pay attention to what you are disassembling". That and the lack of normal clueboxes makes me think that the theme on this season is "think outside the box"

All of which I LOVE!! :hearts:

I think we all have been hoping for more NON spoon fed go here do this instructions...This all reminds me of TAR1 find the water that thunders...and THAT can only be good for TAR.

New cluebox containers? These are clever and innovative and I like it. The bird's nest one is my favorite!!

"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #853 on: October 30, 2011, 11:02:16 PM »
heh... Nice to see you in spoilers!! :lol:

okaaaaay. I quit trying to hide away from spoilers. I cannot stand the feeling of not looking for spoilers. :lol:

YAY!! Welcome HOME!!!  :jumpy:
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • For the winners go to spoil!
« Reply #854 on: October 30, 2011, 11:03:11 PM »
I'm with you there Peach! Perhaps some newcomers may find this a jarring change, but as someone who's been around since the smoke that thunders, I certainly appreciate the traditional varying types of clues, clue-containers and, of course, the new locations! (I'm certain they made a point of that this race!)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 11:10:26 PM by Neobie »
Found out that Neobie in Chinese means "f*king awesome"! No, really. Look it up!

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #855 on: October 30, 2011, 11:05:54 PM »
New cluebox containers? These are clever and innovative and I like it. The bird's nest one is my favorite!!

The containers are different, i thought they were all the same  :lol:

And Neobie, i have watched every single TAR, TARA, TARI, TARLA, TARAUS. TARCHINA, TARBRAZIL version... and i prefer the old fashioned TAR.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 11:19:17 PM by El Chileno »
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #856 on: October 30, 2011, 11:07:07 PM »
I totally agree...we all like tradition but in some ways this is a return to our roots. And I find this...and the cast...totally refreshing.

Oh and THE FERN is back!! :hearts:

And I suspect we were meant to have one more new country too...it wasn't Nepal sadly...but maybe LAOS was possible?

smoke that thunders, thank you...knew that didn't sound just right. :lol:

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #857 on: October 30, 2011, 11:10:44 PM »
I totally agree...we all like tradition but in some ways this is a return to our roots. And I find this...and the cast...totally refreshing.

Oh and THE FERN is back!! :hearts:

And I suspect we were meant to have one more new country too...it wasn't Nepal sadly...but maybe LAOS was possible?

smoke that thunders, thank you...knew that didn't sound just right. :lol:

Yeah, there are some positive things this time.

*More contact between the teams and locals.
*4 NEW COUNTRIES VISITED! that's awesome...  :hearts: It is cool that the countries that were previously visited were only visited once, so we are getting to see many new places (except for Thailand)
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • For the winners go to spoil!
« Reply #858 on: October 30, 2011, 11:16:06 PM »
Haha, old-fashioned TAR for me is TAR 1, where we had clues placed in jewel boxes at the Taj Mahal, baskets tied to a stick in the Sahara, an Eiffel Tower statuette (OK that -was- the clue), even a frying wok in Beijing! Now if only there were some cryptic clues to go along with it! (Ximending was a good start!)

I remember being terribly disappointed in TAR 4 because they repeated so many countries (which, of course, pales in comparison to more recent seasons)... The number of new countries we're seeing makes it feel like we're back in the TAR 1-3 era!

PS I know I'm asking for it with a nick like that, but I don't think I'm a newbie anymore... ;)
Found out that Neobie in Chinese means "f*king awesome"! No, really. Look it up!

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #859 on: October 30, 2011, 11:20:12 PM »
PS I know I'm asking for it with a nick like that, but I don't think I'm a newbie anymore... ;)

Sorry, just realised i wrote your name wrong... already fixed it :D

For me TAR 1 is like the exception... because from season 2 onwards all the races followed the same pattern, that's what i call old-fashioned  :js:. But i have to say that i loved TAR 1!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 11:23:17 PM by El Chileno »
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #860 on: October 30, 2011, 11:21:53 PM »
Most of the tasks are also very good and location very scenic (I simply LOVED the Phuket leg)
I hope it will continue like this!

PS: Found the Denmark epsiode title!  :yess: :-[

"Super Shady (Copenhagen, Denmark)"

Since Copenhagen is in the title, could there be a second Denmark leg?

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #861 on: October 30, 2011, 11:24:50 PM »
Most of the tasks are also very good and location very scenic (I simply LOVED the Phuket leg)
I hope it will continue like this!

I loved Phuket too!  :hearts: it reminded me of The Beach, which is my favourite movie ever!
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #862 on: October 31, 2011, 12:00:39 AM »
The one Phuket leg had similar tasks to the one Phuket leg in TAR 1; and here's another call back to TAR Classic ( a/k/a 1) -- Having three NELs in the first six legs. The classic NEL pattern had early legs with alternating eliminations and non-eliminations but at this point we only have 1 more NEL left in the six remaining legs, so I suspect we're in for a row of eliminations to get down to the final three.
-- theschnauzers

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #863 on: October 31, 2011, 12:39:31 AM »
The Amazing Race
Episode 8 - 'Super Shady' (Copenhagen, Denmark)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #864 on: October 31, 2011, 11:08:21 AM »
For fun, a speculated boot order:

Leg 7 Malawi: Bill and Cathi eliminated
Leg 8 Denmark: Laurence and Zac eliminated (this should be a fun leg, I think E/C will use their EP on the last leg for it and there could be a U-turn)
Leg 9 Belgium: Justin and Jennifer eliminated
Leg 10 Belgium: Amani and Marcus NEL :lol: :res:
Leg 11 Panama: Amani and Marcus eliminated
Leg 12 Georgia: Ernie and Cindy win :wohoo:

I'd prefer to have Andy & Tommy and Jeremy & Sandy eliminated instead of Amani & Marcus and Justin & Jennifer (the latter being a surprise for me), but I can accept Bill & Cathi and Laurence & Zac going home.  And Ernie & Cindy are back to being my favorite team, so I hope they win.

Belle Book

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #865 on: October 31, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »
It really doesn't concern me when I see that the race is going to an already-visited country, purely because I know the leg is usually going to be brand new and fresh.

Take India for example. There are so many different cultures, languages, customs and sights just in that one country (albeit very large country) alone, that I know we're in for a very special viewing experience, even after the 13 or so legs we've already seen there. I honestly believe we could get through hundreds of seasons without the list of potential locations growing scarce.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #866 on: October 31, 2011, 11:31:54 AM »
"Super Shady (Copenhagen, Denmark)"

Since Copenhagen is in the title, could there be a second Denmark leg?

Good spot! In both TAR19 and 18, if a location other than the country was included, it meant there was more than one leg in that country, so I'd be inclined to believe in a second Denmark leg.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #867 on: October 31, 2011, 12:18:11 PM »
Good! Then transit is just transit, and our list is DONEDONEDONE!!! :hearts:

Offline Squall16

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Anything is Possible
« Reply #868 on: October 31, 2011, 11:37:23 PM »
For fun, a speculated boot order:

Leg 7 Malawi: Bill and Cathi eliminated
Leg 8 Denmark: Laurence and Zac eliminated (this should be a fun leg, I think E/C will use their EP on the last leg for it and there could be a U-turn)
Leg 9 Belgium: Justin and Jennifer eliminated
Leg 10 Belgium: Amani and Marcus NEL :lol: :res:
Leg 11 Panama: Amani and Marcus eliminated
Leg 12 Georgia: Ernie and Cindy win :wohoo:

I'd prefer to have Andy & Tommy and Jeremy & Sandy eliminated instead of Amani & Marcus and Justin & Jennifer (the latter being a surprise for me), but I can accept Bill & Cathi and Laurence & Zac going home.  And Ernie & Cindy are back to being my favorite team, so I hope they win.

Belle Book

This is what I think so far... PURELY UNKNOWN
Leg 7 Malawi: Andy and Tommy eliminated (due to a U-turn) [IF contestants are smart] hahah
Leg 8 Denmark: Bill and Cathi eliminated
Leg 9 Belgium: Laurence and Zac eliminated
Leg 10 Belgium:(?)
Leg 11 Panama: (?)
Leg 12 Georgia: (?)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 06:34:23 AM by Squall16 »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #869 on: November 02, 2011, 12:14:30 AM »
Tell you what...

If you are SPECULATING a bootlist based on SPOILERS, then this is the place. If you are jsut speculating on NO basis, then take it to Wishlists please. :tup:

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #870 on: November 03, 2011, 08:59:37 AM »
On this matter, I find it curious, if I am not mistaken at this similar point last year, we did have a better idea of how the remainder of the season would roll out. 
Just went through some of the other threads and the timeline, and there are very few sightings that could give us more concrete data to speculate on the placement of the teams still in the running.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #871 on: November 03, 2011, 09:12:00 AM »
On this matter, I find it curious, if I am not mistaken at this similar point last year, we did have a better idea of how the remainder of the season would roll out. 
Just went through some of the other threads and the timeline, and there are very few sightings that could give us more concrete data to speculate on the placement of the teams still in the running.

I wonder if this is related to the new versions of clue boxes.  The old clue boxes were quite visible and recognizable.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #872 on: November 05, 2011, 01:31:39 AM »
Quote from CBS Foursquare: 'teams must choose whether to sabotage their fellow Racers for a chance @ 1st place!'

I find this worded a bit strangely. I wouldn't say that using the U-Turn gives you a 'chance' at first place. If you're already in first, it just makes first place more likely than it already is, and if you're second or below, it doesn't get you any closer to the team in first.

What if the inclusion of the iPads heralds a new way of U-Turning? There could be two U-Turn boards, both a long way apart, and a team would use the power at the first board, but wouldn't discover their fate until reaching the second. In this way, a team would be able to U-Turn a team that is in front of them.

I don't really think this is the case, but it would be a very interesting idea if it was implemented correctly!

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #873 on: November 05, 2011, 08:42:39 AM »
From http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/amazing-race-19-2011/episode-9-season-19/amazing-race-19/327343

Season 19, Episode 9
Episode Synopsis: The race continues in Denmark and Belgium. Original Air Date: Nov 20, 2011

What could this mean? One task in Denmark and one in Belgium? Or maybe tasks in D and PitStop in B a bit like in leg 5? Or maybe the whole leg is in Belgium? Or a two hour episode with a TBC leg?   ???

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #874 on: November 05, 2011, 08:56:51 AM »
From http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/amazing-race-19-2011/episode-9-season-19/amazing-race-19/327343

Season 19, Episode 9
Episode Synopsis: The race continues in Denmark and Belgium. Original Air Date: Nov 20, 2011

What could this mean? One task in Denmark and one in Belgium? Or maybe tasks in D and PitStop in B a bit like in leg 5? Or maybe the whole leg is in Belgium? Or a two hour episode with a TBC leg?   ???

Interesting! It is probably a split leg then, with teams travelling from Copenhagen to Belgium midway through the leg, before a full run in Belgium in the next leg.

Custom Search