Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds

Author Topic: TAR 19 Speculation and Discussion *of SPOILERS*  (Read 320740 times)

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 19 Speculation and Discussion *of SPOILERS*
« Reply #175 on: June 20, 2011, 11:41:10 AM »
@Obby I doubt they would fly, because they are using train there. If they were doing the same route back why would they use a plane to get there?

But it is possible that they take a flight to Jakarta or Denpasar or maybe international flight to Singapore / KL and they can't go to Denpasar with train.

and I'm just sharing my experience , taking a train to Yogyakarta is costing so much time + the train isn't very comfortable, sometime they can have a train without A/C and also full of people can you imagine how hot it will be ? :lol:

I can't judge because I don't have personal experience but its odd they would use train there and then fly back. Obby are you saying there is a difference in time going from Y/karta to Jakarta?

Anyways lets hope they visit this place:

« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 11:44:38 AM by ~RealityTVistheBest~ »
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Online Kamineko

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #176 on: June 20, 2011, 11:41:31 AM »
@Obby
I'm agree with you! Going back to Jkt from Yogya by train will take a longer time (except if they're told to do so)...
"I might have to blow up some other people's game." - Zach

Offline yamiza

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #177 on: June 20, 2011, 11:41:50 AM »
It's just my speculation...

Judging from the train schedule, they are maybe taking Bima Train from Gambir because it departs at 05.00 PM, where teams are arriving at 01.00 PM...
And in Yogyakarta, because they're arriving in the midnight, they'll encounter an Hour of Operation there...

From this information, kamineko, combined with wangsacl's schedule list...
Can we predict what flight will the teams use? Because in wangsacl's schedule list, there are two flights from Taipei, with different arrival gates.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 11:47:52 AM by yamiza »

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #178 on: June 20, 2011, 11:42:32 AM »
The tricky part would be going to the right station so they can catch the 5 pm departure. I doubt many Indonesians they encounter at the plane or airport can tell them which station has the best departures to Yogya. Although luckily for them, Gambir is the most prominent station out of the two, so it's likely they're pointed into that direction.

Kamineko, I'm predicting a double leg: 1 in Yogya, then on to Bali for the next leg. So they do have to go to Yogya. From Bali there are more int'l destinations (or they can fly back to Jakarta). Again, this is pure speculation.

Jakartans, how many of you are going to follow the racers from SoeTa to Gambir? I'm afraid I have work tomorrow  :'( The first time they come to my hometown & I can't stalk them.  :groan:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #179 on: June 20, 2011, 11:43:00 AM »
Double Emilination may imply only 11 legs this season? :'(

I am Hearing that it may actually be Double U Turn not Double Elim but it remains unclear. Nothing is confirmed yet.
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Online Kamineko

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #180 on: June 20, 2011, 11:44:13 AM »
@Obby I doubt they would fly, because they are using train there. If they were doing the same route back why would they use a plane to get there?

But it is possible that they take a flight to Jakarta or Denpasar or maybe international flight to Singapore / KL and they can't go to Denpasar with train.

and I'm just sharing my experience , taking a train to Yogyakarta is costing so much time + the train isn't very comfortable, sometime they can have a train without A/C and also full of people can you imagine how hot it will be ? :lol:

maybe they will compare it to india... hahaha.. anyway, any specs as for the pit stop in jogjakarta? Malioboro is overcrowded I think.. Maybe they'll go up to Kaliurang, or just stay within the city. The Keraton Yogyakarta is good.

Borobudur Temple or Prambanan Temple is a better choice maybe???

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #181 on: June 20, 2011, 11:45:32 AM »
Double Emilination may imply only 11 legs this season? :'(

I am Hearing that it may actually be Double U Turn not Double Elim but it remains unclear. Nothing is confirmed yet.

That is more likely and more preferred by most of us!
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline wangsacl

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #182 on: June 20, 2011, 11:46:25 AM »
Damn i forgot about borobudur and prambanan =)) I believe borobudur is more plausible than prambanan.. Maybe keraton is too hard to be used as the pit stop (they'll have to be closed to the publics, I think)

Offline calphin

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Bababa, babanana!
« Reply #183 on: June 20, 2011, 11:47:01 AM »

maybe they will compare it to india... hahaha.. anyway, any specs as for the pit stop in jogjakarta? Malioboro is overcrowded I think.. Maybe they'll go up to Kaliurang, or just stay within the city. The Keraton Yogyakarta is good.

They may go to classic sites too : Prambanan or Borobudur. Even though that is too predictable to me, but don't scratch it out yet.
OMG so excited right now. Like a dream come true!

Jakartans, how many of you are going to follow the racers from SoeTa to Gambir? I'm afraid I have work tomorrow  :'( The first time they come to my hometown & I can't stalk them.  :groan:
For me, perhaps I'll go to Gambir. The airport's too far from me.  :groan:
DTAR3 : Gary & George; Joab's TARA - Calphin & Kamineko;
TARDBL2 : Mia & Maya; RFF All-Stars : Calphin & Laimis
The Amazing Race CK : Leg 6 (USA) (WIKIA)

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #184 on: June 20, 2011, 11:47:49 AM »
NVM
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 12:02:45 PM by ~RealityTVistheBest~ »
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #185 on: June 20, 2011, 11:49:43 AM »
Ooh let's hope the pitstop is either at Borobudur or Prambanan.

The tasks may have something to do with: batik, silver workshop, walking between two trees blindfolded, becak (the Indonesian rickshaw), making/downing herbal tonic.
Places they may visit: the aforementioned temples, the chaotic Beringharjo market, the palace & its maze & tunnels.

Offline wangsacl

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #186 on: June 20, 2011, 11:50:25 AM »
Do we have field detectives in Indonesia?
I believe we have a lot of Indonesians here, but I dunno about the detective. For me, I think I'm not be going to stalk them. But one thing, twitter is actually would be very reliable here. We have a lot of Indonesians tweeting, and possibly sightings will make The Amazing Race is trending in twitter (words spread out really fast).

Online Kamineko

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #187 on: June 20, 2011, 11:51:30 AM »
Maybe it's off-topic, but i think they're going to do task related in Batik and wayang, too...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #188 on: June 20, 2011, 11:52:49 AM »
Do we have field detectives in Indonesia?

Lets drop that discussion now please.
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Online Kamineko

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #189 on: June 20, 2011, 11:55:39 AM »
A new pit-stop location possibility???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taman_Sari_(Yogyakarta)

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #190 on: June 20, 2011, 12:03:12 PM »
Thanks to weihen:

Teams need to fly to Djakarta  then take a 7-hrs train to Yogyakarta,go to Bukit Indal to find their next clue.

Is this the right spelling? google suggest Indah instead of Indal. Anyways the closes "Bukit Indal" to Yogyakarta is about 2hours away close to the city of Semarang.
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline calphin

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Bababa, babanana!
« Reply #191 on: June 20, 2011, 12:13:17 PM »
If it is actually "Bukit Indah", the only thing I can find is : "Bukit Indah Restaurant & Hotel". It's in Wonosari, Yogyakarta.
But why should they go to hotel if it's not a PitStop?

Other possibility is "Bukit Bintang". It's kind of place that has quite a beautiful view.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 12:16:27 PM by calphin »
DTAR3 : Gary & George; Joab's TARA - Calphin & Kamineko;
TARDBL2 : Mia & Maya; RFF All-Stars : Calphin & Laimis
The Amazing Race CK : Leg 6 (USA) (WIKIA)

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #192 on: June 20, 2011, 12:18:30 PM »
From a website: Bukit Indah Restaurant & Hotel offers free unlimited panorama of Jogja city from the height of 150 meters. Candle light dinner in this restaurant will feel more romantic with the flickering city lamps from distance.

it's slightly out of the city center, on the way to Wonosari.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #193 on: June 20, 2011, 12:54:38 PM »
I'm not going to comment on where in Indonesia they may be headed to, simply because I'm shocked that it has taken 19 seasons to get a leg in Indonesia at all. (Now I know TPTB wanted to avoid the country in the early seasons because of the possibility of terrorist attacks on westerners (such as in Bali a few years ago), but the same threat existed in the Phippines, and TAR has been there more than once.

As to why teams would take a hours-long train ride, that says to me that if nothing else production is using that time to get Phil, his crew and any other production executives traveling with the show this time ahead of the teams to film stand-ups and make sure everything is ready before the teams arrive. Production probably flew in from Jakarta, as well.

I'm just glad to see Indonesia finally get visited. Now if we could get Denmark (another country the show hasn't been to for no apparent reason) or Israel (which has been rumored more than once in the past). In one sentence, I am liking the way this season seems to be shaping up.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #194 on: June 20, 2011, 01:30:26 PM »
Is the Pit Start over yet? Cause if the older couple was not there, they were probably eliminated and there *MIGHT* be a Double U-Turn on this leg, rather than a Double Elimination.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #195 on: June 20, 2011, 01:51:52 PM »
Is the Pit Start over yet? Cause if the older couple was not there, they were probably eliminated and there *MIGHT* be a Double U-Turn on this leg, rather than a Double Elimination.

I would bet no one wanted to stick around until 4 Am to find out. :lol:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #196 on: June 20, 2011, 01:53:00 PM »
Too true! :lol3: I guess we'll know sooner or later...
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #197 on: June 20, 2011, 01:56:16 PM »
If it is actually "Bukit Indah", the only thing I can find is : "Bukit Indah Restaurant & Hotel". It's in Wonosari, Yogyakarta.
But why should they go to hotel if it's not a PitStop?

Other possibility is "Bukit Bintang". It's kind of place that has quite a beautiful view.

Maybe they have to eat something traditional to get next clue  :duno: The hotel does overlook Yogyakarta - looks like a great view and would look geat on camera!

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #198 on: June 20, 2011, 01:57:34 PM »
I'm not going to comment on where in Indonesia they may be headed to, simply because I'm shocked that it has taken 19 seasons to get a leg in Indonesia at all. (Now I know TPTB wanted to avoid the country in the early seasons because of the possibility of terrorist attacks on westerners (such as in Bali a few years ago), but the same threat existed in the Phippines, and TAR has been there more than once.

As to why teams would take a hours-long train ride, that says to me that if nothing else production is using that time to get Phil, his crew and any other production executives traveling with the show this time ahead of the teams to film stand-ups and make sure everything is ready before the teams arrive. Production probably flew in from Jakarta, as well.

I'm just glad to see Indonesia finally get visited. Now if we could get Denmark (another country the show hasn't been to for no apparent reason) or Israel (which has been rumored more than once in the past). In one sentence, I am liking the way this season seems to be shaping up.

I'm happy the race will visit Indonesia at last, Asia and Australia versions did and there were no problems when they were filming there.  I think the next leg will possibly be in Bali, Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur or Kuching) or Brunei.   :yess:

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #199 on: June 20, 2011, 03:48:04 PM »
I'm happy the race will visit Indonesia at last, Asia and Australia versions did and there were no problems when they were filming there.  I think the next leg will possibly be in Bali, Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur or Kuching) or Brunei.   :yess:

Hopefully, it won't involve counting money or carrying baskets on heads.

Custom Search