Author Topic: TAR 19 Media  (Read 55502 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 19 Media
« on: June 12, 2011, 11:00:39 PM »
See any TAR 19 media, news, articles, press releases ?

Add them here and remember to credit the source please! A link is helpful!  :tup:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 11:08:50 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 19 Media
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 03:46:52 PM »
This article about TAR19 credits most of their info to "notorious TAR Detective Chateau d' If"  :hearts:

http://www.suite101.com/content/amazing-race-19-sets-off-around-the-world-from-ventura-county-a376223?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 07:32:09 PM »
I'm copying this over from the RFF in the News thread since I assume this thread was still locked when Prophet originally posted it earlier today:
This article about TAR19 credits most of their info to "notorious TAR Detective Chateau d' If"  :hearts:

http://www.suite101.com/content/amazing-race-19-sets-off-around-the-world-from-ventura-county-a376223?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The writer did supplement RFF's detective work with references about the two teams to other online sources, but the Detectives got most of the credits.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 07:36:56 PM »
Thanks, TS!

In my Twitter searches, many people are Tweeting that Ethan and Jenna from Survivor are on the Race and that they can't wait to see them. They are an early fan favorite!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 12:55:04 AM »
Andy's blog puts the filming, and the Ethan and Jenna casting into mainstream media, as happened in TAR 17 and 18, so I expect mainstream web and video media will probably get something out soon enough.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 01:21:34 AM »
Pedro and the Watcher are always good about credit and links.  :jam:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 07:16:20 PM »
Rumor is that Karl Malone is running "The Amazing Race" by Scott D. Pierce

Salt Lake Tribune  (it's about time guys sheesh!)

"The Amazing Race" airs on Sundays. Remember what Scottie Pippen said during the 1997 NBA Finals -- "The Mailman doesn't deliver on Sundays."

:lol:

Added July 14th:  It's not Karl Malone  :'(
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 11:34:36 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 12:45:10 PM »
It's official. CBS premiere of Amazing Race 19 is Sept.25

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 05:40:51 PM »
'The Amazing Race': Still executive producer Bertram van Munster's 'personal thrill'By Jay Bobbin

July 5, 2011 4:28 PM ET
Bertram van Munster says he's calling "from Europe," but he can't be more specific. At least not yet.

The Emmy-winning executive producer is now on location with host Phil Keoghan and energetic new contestants for the 19th round of CBS' "The Amazing Race," which begins Sunday, Sept. 25. Since a 20th season already has been confirmed for early 2012, the global "Race" is destined to keep running, and Van Munster intends to keep running with it.

"It is a personal thrill," he tells Zap2it from the mystery site. "Who gets the opportunity to do something like this, keep it going, and get the support from the network and the viewers? We have a huge fan club, and people who weren't even born when the show began are now fans of it. It's kind of frightening to think how long this could go."

Van Munster attributes that longevity partially to the fact that "Amazing Race" contestants "cannot prepare themselves" in advance, no matter how many past editions they may have seen. "The reality is that I could lose in the first round myself, because there are so many factors that can really screw you up.

"The other thing is that the show is a reflection of life. Sometimes, things are going wonderfully, then one little thing suddenly can derail your entire plan. This is about how you deal with your partners, your friends, whatever. When this show was developed, people kept saying. 'Could you imagine me going on the race with my wife, or my best friend? I could never do it.'"

Honored with the Emmy for outstanding reality-competition program each of the first seven years that category existed, "The Amazing Race" might get future award competition from another show Van Munster is readying with "Race" producing partner Jerry Bruckheimer: ABC's "Take the Money and Run," a cash-packed-suitcase chase that begins Tuesday, Aug. 2. It has entailed even more travel for Van Munster, and he has the proof.

"I have a stack of passports that is about four inches high," he maintains, "and they're all stamped up. The other day, I was in some country and the guy threw my passport back in my face and said, 'I can't find my stamp. How did you get into this country?' I said, 'Well, your colleague stamped me three days ago.' He said, `I don't see it. You go find it.' And his supervisor came over and found it."

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/07/the-amazing-race-still-executive-producer-bertram-van-munsters-personal-thrill.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 05:51:37 PM »
We have a huge fan club

:waves:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 07:52:35 AM »
We have a huge fan club

:waves:

I found a foreign (Indonesian?) news web site that translated this portion of the story as:

We have a outrageous air blower club  :lol3:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 08:02:04 AM »
That too. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 11:11:05 AM »
http://www.suite101.com/content/amazing-race-19-finale-filmed-in-atlanta-georgia-a379290 - Credits to Peach :lol:

Anyways, he used my timeline (off course with the help from Prophet, Mama T and BayBay) and didn't credit any of use.  (:;) (:;)

The version I'm looking at has RFF credited and notes:
(BayBay, Leafsfan, MamaT, Neobie, Prophet, Reality Fan Forum, July 11, 2011).
Directly after the time line.

But my favourite part would have to be
The finish line, according to Atlanta resident and spoiler extraordinaire georgiapeach

Someone at CBS should have been fired for sending teams to Peach-Town for the finale.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 11:38:52 AM »

But my favourite part would have to be
The finish line, according to Atlanta resident and spoiler extraordinaire georgiapeach

Someone at CBS should have been fired for sending teams to Peach-Town for the finale.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer! Or maybe it was a matter of hiding in plain sight...
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 12:05:33 PM »
Steven is a great friend to RFF and ALWAYS credits us beautifully! He can have "my" info anytime. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline MamaT

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 08:53:20 AM »
http://www.suite101.com/content/amazing-race-19-finale-filmed-in-atlanta-georgia-a379290 - Credits to Peach :lol:

Anyways, he used my timeline (off course with the help from Prophet, Mama T and BayBay) and didn't credit any of use.  (:;) (:;)

Perhpas the article has been updated since you posted, but we are all credited by name for the timeline now (although I certainly dont deserve to be.  The rest of you did a great job!)

But my favorite line of the article is
"The finish line, according to Atlanta resident and spoiler extraordinaire georgiapeach, was the Swan House, a historic mansion..."    :)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 09:59:22 AM »
I concur.   :jam:

Offline MamaT

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 11:20:12 AM »
It wasn't there when I read it  Or I am starting to lose my vision at such a young age. ...leafsfan

Thats exactly how I feel when I reread this thread.   I swear all of those posts saying the same thing I said werent there when I posted...... :iok

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 06:11:53 PM »
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/07/the-amazing-race-still-executive-producer-bertram-van-munsters-personal-thrill.html

Bertram van Munster says he's calling "from Europe," but he can't be more specific. At least not yet.

The Emmy-winning executive producer is now on location with host Phil Keoghan and energetic new contestants for the 19th round of CBS' "The Amazing Race," which begins Sunday, Sept. 25. Since a 20th season already has been confirmed for early 2012, the global "Race" is destined to keep running, and Van Munster intends to keep running with it.

"It is a personal thrill," he tells Zap2it from the mystery site. "Who gets the opportunity to do something like this, keep it going, and get the support from the network and the viewers? We have a huge fan club, and people who weren't even born when the show began are now fans of it. It's kind of frightening to think how long this could go."

Van Munster attributes that longevity partially to the fact that "Amazing Race" contestants "cannot prepare themselves" in advance, no matter how many past editions they may have seen. "The reality is that I could lose in the first round myself, because there are so many factors that can really screw you up.

"The other thing is that the show is a reflection of life. Sometimes, things are going wonderfully, then one little thing suddenly can derail your entire plan. This is about how you deal with your partners, your friends, whatever. When this show was developed, people kept saying. 'Could you imagine me going on the race with my wife, or my best friend? I could never do it.'"

Honored with the Emmy for outstanding reality-competition program each of the first seven years that category existed, "The Amazing Race" might get future award competition from another show Van Munster is readying with "Race" producing partner Jerry Bruckheimer: ABC's "Take the Money and Run," a cash-packed-suitcase chase that begins Tuesday, Aug. 2. It has entailed even more travel for Van Munster, and he has the proof.

"I have a stack of passports that is about four inches high," he maintains, "and they're all stamped up. The other day, I was in some country and the guy threw my passport back in my face and said, 'I can't find my stamp. How did you get into this country?' I said, 'Well, your colleague stamped me three days ago.' He said, `I don't see it. You go find it.' And his supervisor came over and found it."

Oh, well. It's Europe? How possible?
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2011, 08:11:14 PM »
See upstream... :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2011, 09:50:53 PM »
Take The Money and Run- is that a new reality show that is somewhat similar to The Amazing Race?  If so, that will be nice and hopefully it'll become more popular as TAR. :tup:

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2011, 10:45:27 AM »
Wow, I did not expected to be quoted in that article. I was thinking at the time, either it was really hard to find, or that my sense of direction is not as good as I like to believe.  :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2011, 12:49:22 PM »
Wow, I did not expected to be quoted in that article. I was thinking at the time, either it was really hard to find, or that my sense of direction is not as good as I like to believe.  :)

??? What quote is that?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2011, 12:54:19 PM »

??? What quote is that?

From http://www.suite101.com/content/amazing-race-19-finale-filmed-in-atlanta-georgia-a379290

As poster WalterC explained, “I was in Atlanta [a] couple weekends ago, and had a very hard time finding the museum itself, where the Swan House is located. The signs pointing to the place aren't exactly easy to find, as they tend to be small and sometimes hidden” (WalterC, Reality Fan Forum, July 11, 2011).

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2011, 01:28:03 PM »

??? What quote is that?

From http://www.suite101.com/content/amazing-race-19-finale-filmed-in-atlanta-georgia-a379290

As poster WalterC explained, “I was in Atlanta [a] couple weekends ago, and had a very hard time finding the museum itself, where the Swan House is located. The signs pointing to the place aren't exactly easy to find, as they tend to be small and sometimes hidden” (WalterC, Reality Fan Forum, July 11, 2011).

I can find it blindfolded now...but when I first went there it was tricky. The main museum entrance is not the best way into the grounds, and that entrance is tucked away on a residential street. But it is beautiful, and should be a don't miss destination!

RFF's Golden Rule: