Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds

Author Topic: TAR 19 Locations/Destinations **Spoilers**  (Read 82969 times)

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 19 Locations/Destinations **Spoilers**
« Reply #150 on: July 19, 2011, 02:11:09 AM »
Panama City's a regional air hub, it could be anywhere within the general region.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #151 on: July 19, 2011, 02:38:25 AM »
There are only two airports in Europe that serve PTY, and no others in Panama as far as I can tell, and both of these routes arrived early in the evening, so this is an unlikely route.

PTY is the busiest airport in Central America. So the most logical assumption is that if indeed the preceding leg was European, that they flew on a connecting flight through either the US (is this possible in the race?), Mexico or South America (though I'd imagine this would be the long way round).

Offline zacz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #152 on: July 19, 2011, 03:08:27 AM »
The only time I remember then connecting though the US was way back in TAR3 when the connected in the US on the way from Mexico to England

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #153 on: July 19, 2011, 07:08:05 AM »
Direct flights to Panama City, Panama from Europe via Amsterdam or Madrid. These flights arrive approx 3-6:00pm, (1500-1800h). Other alternate intineraires, depending on when WRP wants them to arrive in Panama City, with intermediate stopovers outside the US at Toronto, Cancun or Mexico City.
Matthew 7:15

Offline notagoodname

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #154 on: July 21, 2011, 06:26:13 AM »
I'm kind of surprised that TAR is working with a tobacco company in Malawi but the Limbe Leaf website (shown in the Live Sightings thread) shows them to be doing "social responsibility" work - raising trees for farmers to plant and donating supplies to children, that sort of thing. That could be the tie-in here. We may see TAR help build a school or something like that. That might mean staying an extra day here to give something back to Malawi.

Or maybe they will just go to a warehouse and count bundles of tobacco.  :lol:

TAR AU did have to stack pallets of beer....

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #155 on: July 22, 2011, 01:37:02 PM »
Panama City is confirmed. :tup:

And YAY!! A new country!! :hearts:

Hillerød and Copenhagen, Denmark are confirmed!! More coming!!
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #156 on: July 22, 2011, 01:53:57 PM »
Panama City is confirmed. :tup:

And YAY!! A new country!! :hearts:

Hillerød and Copenhagen, Denmark are confirmed!! More coming!!

Ceases to amaze me how you do it! Anyways any information if this was the leg before Panama?
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Missing Apskip :(
« Reply #157 on: July 22, 2011, 02:10:36 PM »
Hillerød, nearby to Copenhagen, is no doubt for a visit to the Frederiksborg Palace

Documenting her Race Around the World:  Wild Eyes
Our children, what are they going to amount to?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #158 on: July 22, 2011, 02:30:00 PM »
While Panama isn't new for the US TAR, the prior visit was the Family Edition, so......

I'd more or less treat it as a "new" country along with Denmark. Denmark has been on my target list since the early days, and I'm glad to see that one show up as well.

But I am surprised to see Panama to Atlanta as the final leg. When you check flights, Miami or New Orleans could logically be used as one-stop direct flights to get through immigration before arriving in Atlanta. And from what I understand Delta has a ton of flights from Latin America to Atlanta, which ought to make the final flight as well as the sequester flights quite interesting.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 04:38:42 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #159 on: July 22, 2011, 02:47:44 PM »
Hillerød, nearby to Copenhagen, is no doubt for a visit to the Frederiksborg Palace

Now that the location is known, I found some information that strongly suggests that an American TV show was filming at Fredriksborg Palace on July 4th. I wonder which show that was?  :)

Update:
What I found was the story that Caper had already found and is posted over in the Live Sightings thread.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 02:56:33 PM by Plaidmoon2 »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #160 on: July 22, 2011, 03:14:47 PM »
While Panama isn't new for the US TAR, the prior visit was the Family Edition, so......

I more or less treat it as a "new" country along with Denmark. Denmark has been on my target list for the early days, and I'm glad to see that one show up as well.

But I am surprised to see Panama to Atlanta as the final leg. When you check flights, Miami or New Orleans could logically be used as one-stop flights to get through immigration before arriving in Atlanta. And from what I understand Delta has a ton of flights from Latin America to Atlanta, which ought to make the final flight as well as the sequester flights quite interesting.

There is a direct flight as well.
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #161 on: July 22, 2011, 03:55:47 PM »

Now that the location is known, I found some information that strongly suggests that an American TV show was filming at Fredriksborg Palace on July 4th. I wonder which show that was?  :)

Update:
What I found was the story that Caper had already found and is posted over in the Live Sightings thread.

I've been there!  :ascared

Offline notagoodname

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #162 on: July 23, 2011, 05:53:18 AM »

I more or less treat it as a "new" country along with Denmark. Denmark has been on my target list for the early days, and I'm glad to see that one show up as well.

But I am surprised to see Panama to Atlanta as the final leg. When you check flights, Miami or New Orleans could logically be used as one-stop flights to get through immigration before arriving in Atlanta. And from what I understand Delta has a ton of flights from Latin America to Atlanta, which ought to make the final flight as well as the sequester flights quite interesting.

There is a direct flight as well.

with atlanta being a primary delta international hub, it makes sense, and codeshares will allow the non-stops to be there

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #163 on: July 25, 2011, 06:25:50 AM »
Let's be clear on airline terminology, notagoodname. A nonstop flight is a direct flight with no intermediate stops. That stands by itself. The use of codesharing flight numbers just allows other affiliated partner airlines to claim that nonstop as one of their flights for fare calculation purposes.

I just finished a trip on which I took 5 Qantas nonstop flights (two connecting in LAX). 4 of them were Qantas operated and code-shared with its One World consortium partner airlines American Airlines and British Airways. One was an American -operated flight codeshared by Qantas.

Code-shares do not "allow nonstops to be there." Those nonstops are already there but can have fares easily calculated on partner airlines as a result of code-sharing.

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #164 on: July 27, 2011, 11:20:59 AM »

I'd more or less treat it as a "new" country along with Denmark.

Same here. I guess they finally got over their Family Edition anxiety.  :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #165 on: August 16, 2011, 01:31:05 PM »
Just posted an interview with Phil here:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,13250.msg648435.html#msg648435

..." Indeed, Keoghan says that last season, "in one day the whole world turned upside down in the place that we were at and we had to pull together our show ... and the race kept rolling [even though] we had to completely change course; quite literally change course. And it's a testament to the skill level of the people that we have on the show."

In the video, it is about at the 900 mark...

Video: http://blip.tv/play/AYLNoVIC

He clearly says in this last show that we just finished filming...

If this indeed relates to TAR 19, then can we take a closer look at our locations and see what may have happened?

My guess would be in the Thailand to Malawi range... so it would be interesting to see if we can spot any political or geographic turmoil in that time frame that might have caused us to miss a leg.   :'(

Or was this just maybe Volcanic Ash?? ???

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #166 on: August 16, 2011, 01:35:55 PM »
Well, as he says that, they are playing an Unfinished Business promo :duno: But it could be a throwoff. But if teams were spotted in a particular location, would they not be filming there? ???
But there is the volcanic ash to contend with. This could be what he means.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #167 on: August 16, 2011, 02:41:47 PM »
It could be the gas shortages and power outages in Malawi that occurred when they were there.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #168 on: August 16, 2011, 04:06:21 PM »
Yes, but Malawi went on... the legs did take place. I am looking for an actual route change...

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #169 on: August 16, 2011, 05:46:54 PM »
I believe that Phil's statement about "last season" means just that - it was AR18 he was talking about and not AR19. The only course change that I recall in AR18 was in Brazil. The obvious route of a nonstop flight from Rio to Miami on either of these:

AA904 2245 Sunday Dec. 12 - 0348 Monday Dec. 13
JJ8052 2208                        - 0332 (with code share United and Continental)

was not taken and nobody has ever satisfied me on the reason why.

If you assume that whatever happened there came up quite suddenly, then taking a long-distance bus was not an option and all but one flight from GIG GRU would have departed. The only possible flight was G3 1661 2250 0001. That connected into the well-known AA 994 GRU MIA which departed and arrived 2 hours late at Monday Dec. 13 0336 0936. Besides that it was the flight number actually mentioned in the finale telecast, albeit twisting the truth to make it seem like it was from Rio.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 09:18:00 AM by apskip »

Offline Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #170 on: August 16, 2011, 06:10:25 PM »
As I recall, the blackout was in a wide are of Africa not just limited to Malawi. So maybe the decision was to move a leg to Malawi and when they moved there the blackout happened.
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #171 on: August 16, 2011, 07:23:08 PM »
As to TAR 19, IIRC,, the speculation about Malawi led to speculation about a leg being in South Africa or Kenya; and as I recall, Kenya was having political and other issues right about then. The other element is that, simply because of the uncertainty about where teams were headed, some teams were seen headed towards Phuket (at the airport right?), and we didn't hear more about them until Malawi emerged. This might mean that Phuket itself was a last minute leg change.

If it's TAR 18, I'd have to go back and see as there was a long stretch of that season that there weren't any spotting (after China or India) during filming.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 11:17:46 AM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Missing Apskip :(
« Reply #172 on: August 16, 2011, 10:06:29 PM »

:lol:  Did you see all those Emmies up on Phil's shelves?   :tup:
Documenting her Race Around the World:  Wild Eyes
Our children, what are they going to amount to?

Offline Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #173 on: August 17, 2011, 03:45:35 PM »
As to TAR 19, IIRC,, the speculation about Malawi led to speculation about a leg being in South Africa or Kenya; and as I recall, Kenya was having political and other issues right about then. The other element is that, simply because of the uncertainty about where teams were headed, some teams were seen headed towards Phuket (at the airport right?), and we didn't hear more about them until Malawi emerged. This might mean that Phuket itself was a last minute leg change.

If it's TAR 18, I'd have to go back and see as there was a long stretch of that season that there weren't any spotting (after China or India) during filming.

Are you saying Phuket was a last minute decision for a leg or a cancellation of a leg?

@Chateau you always seem to find the hidden! :lol:
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #174 on: August 17, 2011, 03:56:36 PM »
I think this is for TAR 19, I think Phuket was planned, dunno between Thailand and Malawi though.

Custom Search