Author Topic: TAR 19 Locations/Destinations **Spoilers**  (Read 80182 times)

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 19 Locations/Destinations **Spoilers**
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2011, 08:02:00 PM »
:welcome2: to RFF truereality and Macanese!! Glad to have your help!!
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline truereality

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2011, 08:17:14 PM »
According to PTT,
First team just arrive at dragon boat task !! (around 9:00 a.m.)

It seems teams get stuck in the traffic jam, or there is still another location before the dragon boat

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Still here - just.
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2011, 08:24:41 PM »
Are photos being taken by these magnificent spoilers?...

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2011, 08:35:35 PM »
The drummer is going to keep the time for the rowers. If he messes up they are probably instructed to follow whatever beat he gives them. And the helmsman controls all the steering and directions of the boat.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2011, 08:57:28 PM »
pitstop:martyrs' shrine (忠烈祠)

Three teams just checked in !!!
(info by PTT)

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2011, 08:59:55 PM »
Route:
Ximen Ting-Confucian temple-Taipei living mall-Dajia Riverside Park-Martyrs' shrine (PS)

Offline Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2011, 09:12:06 PM »
Route:
Ximen Ting-Confucian temple-Taipei living mall-Dajia Riverside Park-Martyrs' shrine (PS)

Do you have an exact time when teams checked in??
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2011, 09:15:08 PM »
Route:

Do you have an exact time when teams checked in??

Got this info on PTT,he post this at 9:49am(local time).

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2011, 10:11:44 PM »
Photos will come later I am sure!!

Hopefully we will hear WHO is checking in soon!

Thanks guys for the info, keep it coming!!
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2011, 10:54:15 PM »

yea no kidding, the helmsman position is very hard are requires a lot of concentration and coordination.  i have been on a dragon boat before.  pretty cool.  also, the festivals in china and taiwan are going on around this time of year so the dragon boat task makes a lot of sense.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 11:04:08 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • Get me out of China!
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2011, 12:58:59 AM »
Dragon Boat Festival, also known as Duan Wi Jie in Chinese falls on June 6th this year. (2011)

They're late by just a few days but the mood is still there, with all the decorations and some after races going on.

Now I've been to Xi Men Ding but i'm not sure if the shops/crowd is there that early in the morning before 9am?? :umn:
President of RFF's Resident Procrastinator Club

I'm rude only to rude people. :)

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2011, 01:03:47 AM »
Dragon Boat Festival, also known as Duan Wi Jie in Chinese falls on June 6th this year. (2011)

They're late by just a few days but the mood is still there, with all the decorations and some after races going on.

Now I've been to Xi Men Ding but i'm not sure if the shops/crowd is there that early in the morning before 9am?? :umn:

Maybe they went to Xi Men Ting to red pavilion for a route marker?like TARA S3...since they visit Core Pacific City later,I don't think they go to any shop of Xi Men Ting.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 01:07:36 AM by weihen »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • Get me out of China!
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2011, 01:24:38 AM »
Rough Taiwan Map (Not the map king, which Neobie will be making one soon I guess, but here's a rough guide)

Chinese characters are provided just so that the Detectives can search for clues easier

1. Ximending (西門町)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ximending

2. Taipei Confucius Temple (臺北市孔廟)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taipei_Confucius_Temple

3. Core Pacific City Living Mall (京華城)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Core_Pacific_City

4. Dajia Riverside Park (大佳河濱公園)
http://sinotour.com/tourguide/taipei/dajia-riverside-park.html

5. National Revolutionary Martyrs' Shrine (國民革命忠烈祠)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Revolutionary_Martyrs'_Shrine

Hope this helps abit! :tup:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • Get me out of China!
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2011, 01:28:11 AM »
You will realize that it's all in the same district and that travelling within the district is extremely easy with either subway or taxis.

The only problem I can see teams having trouble with is the pitstop, which the cabbies could have brought them to the Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall, which is TAR 12's pitstop or any other memorials for other Chinese historians, which I think the city of Taipei itself has a few.

To the team who got lost: Really really bad luck. Taiwanese usually speak A LITTLE English these days. It's easier to converse to the people in Taiwan than in Hong Kong, IMHO.

&... while they're at Taipei and so near to the location, i'm quite shocked they didn't go to the Taipei Arena! :ascared

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2011, 01:31:56 AM »
You will realize that it's all in the same district and that travelling within the district is extremely easy with either subway or taxis.

The only problem I can see teams having trouble with is the pitstop, which the cabbies could have brought them to the Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall, which is TAR 12's pitstop or any other memorials for other Chinese historians, which I think the city of Taipei itself has a few.

To the team who got lost: Really really bad luck. Taiwanese usually speak A LITTLE English these days. It's easier to converse to the people in Taiwan than in Hong Kong, IMHO.

&... while they're at Taipei and so near to the location, i'm quite shocked they didn't go to the Taipei Arena! :ascared

I am surprised more teams didnt get lost bc anyone that speaks chinese and isn't bilingual, usually speak very little english.  well, at least the relatives i have speak little english.  communicating with the cabbies would be very difficult in taiwan i would imagine.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • For the winners go to spoil!
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2011, 01:38:30 AM »
anyone that speaks chinese and isn't bilingual, usually speak very little english.

Quoted for truth. *snark*

Looks like they had good weather today! There was a tropical depression I was a little worried about.
Found out that Neobie in Chinese means "f*king awesome"! No, really. Look it up!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • Get me out of China!
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2011, 01:40:54 AM »
anyone that speaks chinese and isn't bilingual, usually speak very little english.

Quoted for truth. *snark*

I feel it's the American accent sometimes. I have problems with understanding some words spoken at times as well. :-[ :-[

Offline ariachiang

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2011, 02:48:03 AM »
Some get trouble in traffic maybe when they arrive it happens the most crowed time in Taipei, esp it's Monday. As to the weather, maybe a little but not a big problem tomorrow if they move south as go to HK or Guangdong. If their destination is Vietnam, then the effect may less.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2011, 08:10:59 AM »

Nah, like most things in Taiwan (except for the convenience stores like 7-11 / Family Mart, etc) most stores only open until after 10h30am~11am-ish. But we might have some crowds from people already working.
I'm surprised they're doing Taipei again not another city in Taiwan, specially due to the Temple clue in LA. Back in 2009, got to visit the actual FoGuangShan which is the southbound region of Taiwan, and saw some projections of the upcoming renovations then, don't know how much is ready now, but it would be gorgeous to be seen in HD.
However the chances of teams bumping into other foreigners that might have a better grasp at English or young people who will attempt to speak are bigger than in other cities.

Offline schwarzmoor

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2011, 09:09:41 AM »
Oh! My original source just delete everything in his post...but it's too late!

Offline edmonton927

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2011, 12:36:23 PM »
there is some information about the first leg in this web page: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?z=1113870366&ct=335544320&lm=0&sc=0&rn=30&tn=baiduPostBrowser&word=%BC%AB%CB%D9%C7%B0%BD%F8&pn=180
The website is the No.1 serch engine in China.

There are some photos, the order and checking time of all teams.  Teams will go to Indonesia.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2011, 12:40:07 PM »
there is some information about the first leg in this web page: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?z=1113870366&ct=335544320&lm=0&sc=0&rn=30&tn=baiduPostBrowser&word=%BC%AB%CB%D9%C7%B0%BD%F8&pn=180
The website is the No.1 serch engine in China.

There are some photos, the order and checking time of all teams.  Teams will go to Indonesia.
They got all info from RFF,and I am one of them :groan:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2011, 08:47:47 AM »
So teams are now traveling from Jogja to Jakarta to Bangkok to Phuket and have arrived. Thailand is one of the premier destinations for beaches South Asia.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2011, 09:09:52 AM »
So teams are now traveling from Jogja to Jakarta to Bangkok to Phuket and have arrived. Thailand is one of the premier destinations for beaches South Asia.

Actually, from the posts what we know now is that ONE team has travelled to Phuket. We do not yet have evidence for "teams" right? Could easily be for ES.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2011, 09:12:14 AM »

Actually, from the posts what we know now is that ONE team has travelled to Phuket. We do not yet have evidence for "teams" right? Could easily be for ES.

Ah good point. Wasn't a Thai island the ES for last year?

Custom Search