I found these news that could have effected TAR route
- More than two million people are reported to have been displaced or otherwise affected by flooding in the Chinese province of Zhejiang. (19th of June)
- The fourth tropical storm of the 2011 Pacific typhoon season, Tropical Storm Haima (Egay), makes landfall in southern Guangdong Province in the People's Republic of China. (23rd of June)
- An 'unprecedented' flash flood hits Beijing, leaving streets and many areas including Tiananmen Square and the Beijing Subway system underwater. (23rd of June)
- Three explosions hit the Myanmar cities of Naypyidaw, Mandalay and Pyin U Lwin (24th of June, but highly unlikely they were going to travel in Myanmar anyways
- At least 10 people are killed in clashes in northern Kenya amid a severe drought affecting East Africa. (25th of June)
And then of course all the Arab Uprising news but the uprisings were already on before TAR started to film.