Author Topic: TARAus 1 Episode 3 (China) Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*  (Read 45573 times)

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
Re: TARAus 1 Episode 3 (China) Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2011, 09:57:53 PM »
Deleted scenes coming today.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2011, 11:59:39 PM »
A few deleted scenes and extras, including a couple of media segments relating to this episode.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2011, 12:20:30 AM »
Anne-Marie and Tracy on Sunrise after their elimination.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2011, 12:49:57 AM »
I am loving this season so far.  Some really good tasks, some great teams.  3 episodes and so far, Australia is a winner.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2011, 12:10:05 PM »
Ann Marie and Tracy gone. But all the way till the end it was like... great editing.

I'm sad, no more crazy laughters. But yea, they were bad racers. :groan:

Mo and Mos = :groan:

Sam and Ranae wasting their EP = :groan:

This leg was good until the three quitters at the end. :groan:

But overall, it's great.. great Detour, great tasks and... great teams. Still love that there's team rivalry. Rooting for Richard and Joey to go far not because I like them, but because such rivalry like this must exist and go really long... this will make the race more interesting!!

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2011, 12:14:22 PM »
Does anybody have a complete list of Zodiac clues? These caps are the best I can manage. In addition there were two clue that teams spoke:
  • The Snake slithers to the left
  • The Sheep stays where it is

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2011, 12:57:02 PM »
Looks like if you follow these clues that we have you have 2x2=4 possible final combinations to guess... There were redundant clues too, like "2008 was the start of the new Zodiac cycle" when we already know that the Rat is first and was in 1984.

I think if you messed with the initial order (mostly the Rabbit) you were screwed though.

The Rabbit hops once to the left.
- Rabbit is 4th.
The Sheep stays where it is.
- Sheep is 8th.

In one way the Pig couldn't be farther from the rat. In another it's just before.
- Rat is 1st.
- Pig is 12th.

1968 was the year of the Monkey. (Hence also 1980, 1992.)
1984 was the Year of the Rat.
- Monkey is 9th.

Dog chases the Rooster just before it ends.
- Rooster is 10th.
- Dog is 11th.

Snake slithers to the left. (Left-hand side of top rack is 6th.)
- Snake is 6th.

The Horse is two years after the Dragon. (Two possible pairing slots.)
And the Ox and the Tiger are left.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2011, 01:27:43 PM »
Wouldn't the left side of the top rack be first? I can't think of any logical reason why it wouldn't be.

Actually, is anyone able to tell how they were aligned to start with and what the correct finish position for each lantern was?

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2011, 02:46:48 PM »

Actually, is anyone able to tell how they were aligned to start with and what the correct finish position for each lantern was?

Top layer
1-
2-
3-
4 rooster
5 rabbit
6 rat

Bottom layer
7 snake
8 sheep
9 horse

I think that 2 was either ox or pig and the dog was either at 10 or 11 ( or at least something with four legs was there).

As for the correct order that is: rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, sheep, monkey, rooster, dog, pig

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2011, 03:02:33 PM »

This is the first on the top layer but I can't tell what it is.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2011, 03:11:41 PM »
They were given something on the proper order: you can see some of it in the additional info on the left side.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2011, 03:22:21 PM »
Also in terms of the last two teams:

I think that Mos and Mo genuinely could not work it out and opted to take the risk that the ladies will take longer than 4 hours or also give up. With the Big W ladies, I think they are genuinely thought that if they keep trying not only will they continue straining themselves but also get the boys out and potentially go themselves next week. So I think it was a selfless sacrifice.

It was selfless, but it was inconsequential in the "greater scheme of things". Both teams were bottom dwellers and likely to remain there until they were eliminated, which was not going to take many episodes.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2011, 03:47:55 PM »
Also in terms of the last two teams:

I think that Mos and Mo genuinely could not work it out and opted to take the risk that the ladies will take longer than 4 hours or also give up. With the Big W ladies, I think they are genuinely thought that if they keep trying not only will they continue straining themselves but also get the boys out and potentially go themselves next week. So I think it was a selfless sacrifice.

It was selfless, but it was inconsequential in the "greater scheme of things". Both teams were bottom dwellers and likely to remain there until they were eliminated, which was not going to take many episodes.
Mo & Mos placed 4th in the last leg before taking the penalty and were the second done with the fortune cookies in this leg. Though they were one of the last to finish the detour they were also one of the last to arrive due to heading for the FF. I wouldn't say they are bottom dwellers.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2011, 06:29:27 PM »
Best Loser,

What did Mo/Mos place in the first leg? I recall it to be last, earning them a Marked for Elimination penalty.

With their fresh opportunity for leg 4, we will see how long it take them to get eliminated.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2011, 07:36:22 PM »
I say we refrain from classifying (or dubbing) teams that are still running, until we have more data to analyse from future episodes.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2011, 11:23:20 PM »
One thing I love about this season is how unpredictable it has been. Every team has been at the back at one point and every team has been at the front. I think it's not possible to group most of the teams into "good" or "bad".

Offline stifflfootball

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2011, 11:53:47 PM »
I'll miss Anne Marie & Tracy.  They appeared to be true fans of the race, ran as hard as they could considering their lack of physical prowess, and looked to enjoy every minute they were in the race.  I'll have Anne Marie saying "carpark" in my ear every time I head to the airport.   Really sorry to see them go.  I'm starting to like the dynamic I'm seeing with Mel & Alana and Jeff & Luke.  They seem to be hitting their stride and I wouldn't mind seeing them both go further.  The dislike for Richard & Joey is widespread thru the teams and a lot of people watching the race.  I think Sam & Renae panicked a bit in playing the Express Pass, but it is unknown how long they had been trying to crack the code before they used it.  They felt it was better to play it safe and now going forward they won't have the security blanket to fall back on and will need to race hard.  Still liking Matt & Tom and Dave & Kelly and hope both teams stay in it longer.
TAR - Around the world from the comfort of your couch.