Author Topic: The Amazing Race 19 pre-Race Speculation  (Read 43664 times)

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 19 pre-Race Speculation
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2011, 10:49:48 PM »
I think that Northern Asia is WAY overdue. Kazakhstan/Mongolia would be great...but I think we'll be lucky if this happens. Also overdue is Lagos, Nigeria and Istanbul, Turkey, I mean they are some of the worlds biggest cities and have only been visited once or twice.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2011, 01:49:20 AM »
I think S19's route may be USA-Africa-Europe-Asia...

I think South Africa is very possible to be visited as 1st leg...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 02:02:56 AM by weihen »

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2011, 12:28:50 PM »
That may actually be a a very possible route.

A return to Victoria Falls first episode season 1 would be a lovely 10th year anniversary treat for us all. That's where my TAR love began!
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2011, 01:03:52 PM »

I agree with this. Many of us believe that the race will start on the east coast, which means the race is most likely to start in NY. The first reason is that not many airports on the east coast fly non stop to Africa. I only think that Miami, Atlanta, Boston and NY have airports that fly to Africa non stop on the east coast of the USA. I doubt that Boston will be the starting point again as it was on Season 17. I also doubt that Miami will be the start since it was the last city of last seasons route. I think that they will probably start in Miami in another season or two for a South American start. That would narrow it down to NY and Atlanta. It would be a nice change to start in a city like Atlanta but NY makes so much sense. It hasn't been a start city since Season 8. I doubt that we will see another west coast start if Africa is the first destination. I could see a city like Miami or Atlanta as the start for a visit to South America first. I think that New York and Boston are the two likely start cities if Europe is first, and if Asia or Australia is first than the West Coast is very likely. I agree that Africa will be first and New York seems like the most logical start point. I like the idea of Africa-Europe-Asia. I think that we will most likely see more of Europe this season and less of Asia because of how often they were visited last season. Africa will probably be around 3 legs.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2011, 01:21:47 PM »
Start in Atlanta <3

I think they could start in Charlotte, NC. They have a great international airport and it would be a great different place for the race to begin. The city has a number of places for a starting line including some great parks. It is harder to connect to Africa from there but no problem for most locations in Europe.

Another eastern city with good flight opportunities to Europe and parts of Asia is Philadelphia.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2011, 01:32:55 PM »
Please allow it to start in Atlanta
Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2011, 02:34:58 PM »

Atlanta is not a hub for the normal airline partners, so I doubt we will ever see that.

It WOULD, however, make an outstanding FINALE city. :lol:
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2011, 03:52:20 PM »
How about Morocco? The races that take place in May/June/July typically go to Northern Africa, but with Egypt, Tunisia, and Libya all in limbo right now, maybe a return to Morocco is in order? They haven't been there since season 10, and they still have not been to the capital of Rabat. They could even go to the territory of Gibraltar next. (Roadblock at the Rock of Gibraltar?)

As for Europe, I know they just went to the UK in TAR17, but the other UK nations like Northern Ireland, Wales, and most of Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh) have been completely unexplored. I wouldn't be surprised to see the race take a trip there this season.

I think, since the race just went west last season, that TAR19 will be another eastbound race, so I would peg Seattle as a potential Finish Line. It's probably one of the only major cities on the west coast that hasn't played host to the race in a while (Finish Line in TAR3, Starting Line in TAR10).

I do not agree. Here is a list of large West Coast cities which have never hosted an Amazing Race Finish Line:

Sacramento
San Jose
San Diego

I predict that the next eastbound race will end in San Diego, which I consider the best choice of those 3.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2011, 03:58:24 PM »
I was simply saying that this is the typical pattern. It's probably because of weather and climate issues mostly.

Peach,
Prophet is exactly right. In our summer when AR19 is filmed it is winter in the Southern Hemisphere. Except for the milder climates (such as Brazil, South Africa, northern Australia) I do not expect to see much outside of the northern Hemisphere on the AR19 route.

This is only a prediction. I do not have any inside information.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2011, 03:59:54 PM »
I think Morocco is out of the question, protests and a bombing recently. A new country has been visited each time out. The only likely ones I can think of are Paraguay or Denmark that will be visited this time around.
I have already stated a prediction for Paraguay. I will add Denmark to that prediction because both have been neglected in the first 18 Amazing Race seasons.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't Poke the Bear
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2011, 04:07:10 PM »
I think Morocco is out of the question, protests and a bombing recently. A new country has been visited each time out. The only likely ones I can think of are Paraguay or Denmark that will be visited this time around.
I have already stated a prediction for Paraguay. I will add Denmark to that prediction because both have been neglected in the first 18 Amazing Race seasons.
I feel like the producers are perhaps ignoring countries like Denmark and Belgium so that they can visit them when they're at a loss of other new countries to visit. With most of the northern coast of Africa in political turmoil, it might be time for a country like Denmark.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2011, 04:15:53 PM »

I agree with this. Many of us believe that the race will start on the east coast, which means the race is most likely to start in NY. The first reason is that not many airports on the east coast fly non stop to Africa. I only think that Miami, Atlanta, Boston and NY have airports that fly to Africa non stop on the east coast of the USA. I doubt that Boston will be the starting point again as it was on Season 17. I also doubt that Miami will be the start since it was the last city of last seasons route. I think that they will probably start in Miami in another season or two for a South American start. That would narrow it down to NY and Atlanta. It would be a nice change to start in a city like Atlanta but NY makes so much sense. It hasn't been a start city since Season 8. I doubt that we will see another west coast start if Africa is the first destination. I could see a city like Miami or Atlanta as the start for a visit to South America first. I think that New York and Boston are the two likely start cities if Europe is first, and if Asia or Australia is first than the West Coast is very likely. I agree that Africa will be first and New York seems like the most logical start point. I like the idea of Africa-Europe-Asia. I think that we will most likely see more of Europe this season and less of Asia because of how often they were visited last season. Africa will probably be around 3 legs.
My information on nonstop flights does not match yours. There are numerous connecting flights via the few East Coast cities that have non-stop flights and London is another popular connecting point. However, the only East Coast cities that have nonstop flights to Johannesburg are New York, Washington and Atlanta. Boston, Philadelphia, Charlotte and Orlando do not have nonstop flights to Johannesburg as best I can tell.

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2011, 04:56:30 PM »
Start in Atlanta <3

I think they could start in Charlotte, NC. They have a great international airport and it would be a great different place for the race to begin. The city has a number of places for a starting line including some great parks. It is harder to connect to Africa from there but no problem for most locations in Europe.

Another eastern city with good flight opportunities to Europe and parts of Asia is Philadelphia.

It would be so awesome if they start in Charlotte, NC because I will be there next week :) I will be also be in Munich, Germany and Poland so who knows?  :duno:
Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 25 premieres Friday, September 26, 2014 8/7C on CBS

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't Poke the Bear
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2011, 05:05:54 PM »
Start in Atlanta <3

It would be so awesome if they start in Charlotte, NC because I will be there next week :) I will be also be in Munich, Germany and Poland so who knows?  :duno:
I feel like Munich has been ignored by the race for a long time. It's held a Pit Stop before, but oftentimes when the race flies to Munich, it's so they can get to Salzburg or Innsbruck. I'd like to see Munich actually field a complete leg.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2011, 05:28:20 PM »
You are right, MugConstanza. Munich Airport has been the place for many connecting flights into and out of Europe, but the city of Munich has been mostly ignored.

In AR3, teams went to the Friedensengel to find a children's puppet called Kasperle and immediately left Munich except for Flo and Zack who went for the FAST FORWARD finding the surfer on the Eisbach River.

In AR14, teams had to self-drive from Munich airport to Rupolding, Schonau am Konigsee and Salzberg in leg 2 and then take the train back from Salzburg to Munich Airport in leg 3. In neither leg was anything in Munich city utilized.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2011, 07:42:25 PM »
Start in Atlanta <3

charlotte near me could i ask my mom but i dont think start capitail is biggest airport here only way get out if fly out inertinaol i think los angles again

Offline Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2011, 10:29:09 PM »

Atlanta is not a hub for the normal airline partners, so I doubt we will ever see that.

It WOULD, however, make an outstanding FINALE city. :lol:

:lol: for obvious reasons
Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline mds1978

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2011, 11:49:44 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if we see a visit to Yeosu, South Korea because it will be hosting the 2012 world expo, and thus it would be culturally relevant and would have a lot of interesting possibilities as far as tasks are concerned.

Likewise, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a visit to London since the 2012 Olympics will be held there, and this would be a fresh way to see a location that has been visited on previous races with many great possible tasks that are Olympic-themed. Similarly, as others have already mentioned, South Africa would be a very likely destination, and I can see them going to Cape Town and doing some world cup/soccer themed tasks using facilities that were part of the world cup, just as they used Beijing in a similar way after the '08 Olympics.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2011, 05:08:43 AM »
I thnik Malta will be a good new country to be visited if they want to set a Mediterranean leg.

Offline KingCrimson88

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2011, 06:06:32 PM »
I think we may be overdue for Italy(and perhaps Thailand). Here is my reasoning:

There are 13 countries(Argentina, Brazil, Russia, Germany, France, Italy, Austria, China, India, Japan, Malaysia, Thailand and Australia) which have been visited on at least 4 different seasons. All of them have been featured recently(meaning TAR16-TAR18) except for Italy(TAR12) and Thailand(TAR14). Good chance they go there sometime soon according to this very unscientific conclusion.

Offline Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2011, 08:24:05 PM »
I think we may be overdue for Italy(and perhaps Thailand). Here is my reasoning:

There are 13 countries(Argentina, Brazil, Russia, Germany, France, Italy, Austria, China, India, Japan, Malaysia, Thailand and Australia) which have been visited on at least 4 different seasons. All of them have been featured recently(meaning TAR16-TAR18) except for Italy(TAR12) and Thailand(TAR14). Good chance they go there sometime soon according to this very unscientific conclusion.

Thailand is over used, but considering a majority of the planet is un-vistable right now Thailand is a possibility.
Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2011, 12:40:55 AM »
I also want to see Lithuania again, and maybe one or two other Baltic nations *coughLatviacough*

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2011, 05:04:23 AM »
I found  that end city in S12,S14,S16,S18 all have been part of final leg in previous season(S12 Anchorage has been part of final leg in S1,S14 Maui has been S2,S16 has been S2,S18 has been S7)...and S13,S15,S17 all end in the city never been final city before...so I think S19 will end in a city never been final city.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2011, 08:24:18 AM »
The final cities are usually on a Pacific coast state or South Florida.  :lol3:

In fact I can only think of one finale in a state that did not touch the ocean.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2011, 09:05:53 AM »
The final cities are usually on a Pacific coast state or South Florida.  :lol3:

In fact I can only think of one finale in a state that did not touch the ocean.

Colorado! season 9. If anything probably a west cost finale this year as I expect the race to go eastward.
Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Custom Search