Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds

Author Topic: The Amazing Race 19 pre-Race Speculation  (Read 42898 times)

Offline Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The Amazing Race 19 pre-Race Speculation
« on: May 19, 2011, 01:28:17 PM »
When do you think the race will start and where?

I predict sometime in June and Los Angeles.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 04:47:00 PM by georgiapeach »
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
Re: The Amazing Race 19 pre-Race Speculation
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 02:13:23 PM »
I agree. TAR has had a pattern since season 10 that they film early spring/summer then its late spring/summer. I would say that filming will probably start at the end of June. Phil said that it would start in June and going by this pattern, it will probably be towards the end of June.

This is when the Spring/Summer races have began

Season 17: Filming dates   May 26, 2010
June 15, 2010

Season 15: Filming dates   July 18, 2009
August 7, 2009

Season 13: Filming dates   April 22, 2008
May 14, 2008

Season 12: Filming dates   July 8, 2007
July 29, 2007

Season 10: Filming dates   May 27, 2006
June 24, 2006
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 02:20:57 PM by amazing race fan »

Offline milanissimo

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 02:15:53 PM »
The same...
first stop...South America..

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 02:20:11 PM »
Season 18 went to Australia first.
Season 17 went to Europe first.
Season 16 went to South America first.
Season 15 went to Asia first.

Hmm...maybe it's time for them to go to Africa first again, like in Season 1! :)

Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 02:22:10 PM »
As for the Starting Line, I hope they don't start in California again. They should start somewhere different...like somewhere on the east coast.

This may need to be moved to the spoilers board I'm not sure...

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 02:30:25 PM »

Hmm...maybe it's time for them to go to Africa first again, like in Season 1! :)

We haven't seen South America in a while. So probably it will be South America. TAR has been to South America on 8 of the 18 seasons. Only 1 of those 8 seasons has South America not been the first continent visited and that was last season. TAR hasn't visited South America first since Season 16. The pattern seems like South America is the first continent visited every 2 or three seasons. But also you have to think about that South America has never been visited in consecutive seasons. We certainly can't be sure which continent will be first.

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 02:45:11 PM »
I also hope its not California again. I would just like to see another season that is not in california at all.

Season 1: NYC
Season 2: Las Vegas
Season 3: Everglades, Florida
Season 4: Los Angeles
Season 5: Santa Monica, CA
Season 6: Chicago
Season 7: Long Beach, CA
Season 8: NYC
Season 9: Morrison, Colorado
Season 10: Seattle, Washington
Season 11: Palmetto Bay, Florida
Season 12: Los Angeles
Season 13: Los Angeles
Season 14: Los Alamitos, CA
Season 15: Los Angeles
Season 16: Los Angeles
Season 17: Gloucester, Massachusetts
Season 18: Palm Springs, CA

9 of the 18 seasons have left out of LAX. Its hard to see a pattern because for a 5 season stretch TAR left from LAX. I would like to see a return to NYC as the start but its hard to predict because of the odd pattern of starting cities.

Offline Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 03:45:55 PM »
Texas Lady and I had a chat on locations they would visit, and it is believed they are really limited due to the unrest/natural disaster across the world. So i expect a South America/Europe based race. Maybe like a route season 7 had, and possibly a leg in Canada  :yess:
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Bring on TAR25
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 04:09:04 PM »
I'm thinking the same thing...a season 7 route, with 4 in South America, 3 in Africa, 3 in Europe, Canada and USA...

I also wonder if The Holy City might be one of the new locations visited this season?
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams' - 'To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 04:11:04 PM »
Since we don't know where/when exactly TAR 19 is going to start from, I think everyone should make sure their batteries are charged and cameras are ready.
If you're traveling anywhere in the next month - be sure to check into RFF regularly to see if there's any opportunity to see them.

Here's a few things you might want to prepare now!
      Practice taking non-blurry photos.
      Know the quickest route from home or office to the airport or train stations.
      Keep the car gas tank full or make sure your bus pass is valid.
      Make sure Peach knows where you live (city) and that you're available to do some detective work.
      Check your airline miles account in case you need to get a ticket quickly.
      Have a "go bag" ready. Water, granola bars. You could be busy for hours.
      Maps and tour guides to give to racers as needed.
      Get your hair done for your starring role as a fern.  :)
      Know how to upload your photos/video so we can all see the results of your hard work!

From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Bring on TAR25
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 04:29:41 PM »
I think TAR is coming sooner rather than later, last season was May 31st, I think early June this time, so only 3 weeks or so away!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams' - 'To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 04:52:45 PM »
Thanks for the helpful advice, WP! It could be very valuable this spoiler season. :tup:

Online Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't Poke the Bear
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 06:14:48 PM »
I also wonder if The Holy City might be one of the new locations visited this season?

I was thinking about this, as well... Phil said in an interview that people would be surprised with where they are going this time.

And I know that there are some Muslim countries will turn you away if your passport has a stamp from Israel in it... The deadline for applications for this season was very early January, so that would give the producers enough time to choose the cast and have them apply for a second passport, just in case.

(Obviously, this is all speculation... :))

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 06:34:58 PM »

I was thinking about this, as well... Phil said in an interview that people would be surprised with where they are going this time.

And I know that there are some Muslim countries will turn you away if your passport has a stamp from Israel in it... The deadline for applications for this season was very early January, so that would give the producers enough time to choose the cast and have them apply for a second passport, just in case.

(Obviously, this is all speculation... :))

I think we will see more than the current 1-2 new countries each season since TAR14.  Hopefully we will get 6 new countries this season.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 06:55:52 PM »
The same...
first stop...South America..

Hopefully Brazil again with the cities of Manaus and Brasilia

or

First two legs in North America like in Central America or the Carribean

or

Bogota, Colombia

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 09:28:31 PM »
I hope the first destination is Caracas, Venezuela.
TARAS DVD SOON PLEASE!

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 09:34:56 PM »
I hope the first destination is Caracas, Venezuela.

Pretty much unlikely due to Caracas being one of the most dangerous cities in the world.  Besides if they go to Venezuela, the only safe place would be Canaima National Park where Angel Falls is.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 10:01:23 PM »
Please do NOT turn this into a wishlist thread.

We have a place for those here:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15213.0.html
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2011, 02:57:44 AM »
I'm leaving in a couple of weeks to go travelling to a number of countries in south-east Asia over the next couple of months.. I'll keep my eyes open, but what are the odds of stumbling across the race?!

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2011, 06:20:04 AM »
I could see them doing a leg in southern Africa. Maybe not South Africa specifically, but since it's only the northern countries that are affected at the moment it's very plausible South Africa or Namibia or Malawi or something could turn up.

If they do go to South America, I'd hope for Paraguay (the only non-Caribbean-bordering country still yet to appear), but with Brazil in TAR18 I think Argentina's most likely.

Europe? Hmmm. PIIGS are out since the governments won't spend money bringing the show to them, and we've seen most of the remaining western Europe countries in the past four seasons (by my count only Belgium, Denmark, and the micronations are left), so I'd expect an eastern European country, if any. Probably a new one, since no eastern European countries have been repeated yet (assuming you count Austria as "western"), and hopefully a Balkan state. Serbia's plausible, as is Albania, or maybe even Bulgaria.

Asia's harder. Since Family Edition, either China or Japan has been done in every race except 13, but 18 was the first to have them both, so maybe we might skip them this time? But it's hard to find any regions they haven't hit recently. Kazakhstan was apparently a real pain the first time, so I don't think we're going back or to any other country nearby (all with even worse infrastructure, and some not safe for women in particular). The Middle East is especially Not Safe Right Now, and we've done India and the neighbouring countries twice in the past two seasons, so they're most likely out. South-East Asia's a mainstay, but aside from three new countries (Indonesia, Laos, and Brunei), they've all been done in the past 5 seasons.

In summary, I suspect we'll get about 8 or 9 countries, probably containing at least one Central/South American country (probably Argentina and one other); South Africa (and possibly a country nearby); at least one country that was part of Yugoslavia; at least one of Thailand/Indonesia/Laos/Philippines, probably two; and a North American country.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2011, 10:17:08 AM »
I'm leaving in a couple of weeks to go travelling to a number of countries in south-east Asia over the next couple of months.. I'll keep my eyes open, but what are the odds of stumbling across the race?!

I don't think TAR hardly ever skips southeast Asia. Keep an eye out! You never know what you might come across.

Offline mpekv

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2011, 10:21:24 AM »
I hope that they will finally come to Serbia.
This is great country, specially in summer, and there is a lot of great places to visit.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2011, 10:46:56 AM »
:welcome: to RFF, mpekv!

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2011, 10:47:22 AM »
I could see them doing a leg in southern Africa. Maybe not South Africa specifically, but since it's only the northern countries that are affected at the moment it's very plausible South Africa or Namibia or Malawi or something could turn up.

If they do go to South America, I'd hope for Paraguay (the only non-Caribbean-bordering country still yet to appear), but with Brazil in TAR18 I think Argentina's most likely.

Europe? Hmmm. PIIGS are out since the governments won't spend money bringing the show to them, and we've seen most of the remaining western Europe countries in the past four seasons (by my count only Belgium, Denmark, and the micronations are left), so I'd expect an eastern European country, if any. Probably a new one, since no eastern European countries have been repeated yet (assuming you count Austria as "western"), and hopefully a Balkan state. Serbia's plausible, as is Albania, or maybe even Bulgaria.

Asia's harder. Since Family Edition, either China or Japan has been done in every race except 13, but 18 was the first to have them both, so maybe we might skip them this time? But it's hard to find any regions they haven't hit recently. Kazakhstan was apparently a real pain the first time, so I don't think we're going back or to any other country nearby (all with even worse infrastructure, and some not safe for women in particular). The Middle East is especially Not Safe Right Now, and we've done India and the neighbouring countries twice in the past two seasons, so they're most likely out. South-East Asia's a mainstay, but aside from three new countries (Indonesia, Laos, and Brunei), they've all been done in the past 5 seasons.

In summary, I suspect we'll get about 8 or 9 countries, probably containing at least one Central/South American country (probably Argentina and one other); South Africa (and possibly a country nearby); at least one country that was part of Yugoslavia; at least one of Thailand/Indonesia/Laos/Philippines, probably two; and a North American country.

Excuse my ignorance, but why after 18 seasons has the race still not gone to Indonesia? Is it all down to the Bali bombings a few years ago?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2011, 10:49:14 AM »

We haven't seen South America in a while. So probably it will be South America. TAR has been to South America on 8 of the 18 seasons. Only 1 of those 8 seasons has South America not been the first continent visited and that was last season. TAR hasn't visited South America first since Season 16. The pattern seems like South America is the first continent visited every 2 or three seasons. But also you have to think about that South America has never been visited in consecutive seasons. We certainly can't be sure which continent will be first.

South America is a favorite when it is summer down there. The Amazing Race typically does not go to Chile and Argentina during July or August, which is their winter. It would not matter for Brazil (with its mild climate year-round) or Ecuador or Peru or Uruguay. The only major country in the southern 2/3 of South America that the Amazing Race has not visited yet is Paraguay, so I predict that that is where they will go plus maybe some more of Brazil that has not been covered previously. Iguasu Falls on the corner of Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay  was on AR2 and I hope we get to see it again, as there is nothing else like it (even Victoria Falls).

Custom Search