Author Topic: Top 3 Discussion  (Read 15862 times)

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
Top 3 Discussion
« on: May 19, 2011, 11:07:09 AM »
Scotty
1. I thought it was a very nice song to sing, definitely a song the audience would be able to connect with. And as usual, Scotty delivered the message behind the song really well!
2. That was a great song choice by Jimmy Iovine! It allowed Scotty to push a little beyond his comfort zone, while still sticking to his roots. I think Scotty took Round 2.
3. Man I got goosebumps all over when he was singing! Another awesome song choice by the judges.

Lauren
1. It was a fun song, but I didn't think it was the perfect song choice to do one week before the finale. I thought that she should have done something more memorable, rather than just a nice, fun song.
2. The song had the potential for her to have a moment, but she fumbled technically, which was a huge waste. I loved the emotions, but I'm worried that her losing herself halfway would be bad for her in the end.
3. I was wondering what she could do with that song, or what the song could do for her. I guess it was a nice, sweet song, very typical of Lauren. But I wouldn't say I was as impressed as Jennifer was, hmm.

Haley
1. Kudos to her for continuing with the song like nothing happened when she fell down! That took such courage, hee. That first song made me wonder if Haley was bringing back James Durbin by rocking it out. But I really enjoyed the performance, I agree with the judges that she won Round 1.
2. That was a really interesting song choice, I think it fit her personality. It didn't showcase the growls we all love, but I thought that she did a great job. And she looked gorgeous there!
3. Another great delivery, great song choice, it's a song that most people know, I'd think. She definitely had fun with it as well, which was great to watch.

Hmm, I realise that Randy was extremely nice to Haley tonight. Maybe he's given up being tough on her since the audience would vote her through everytime he criticised her lol.

I feel that Haley won Round 1, Scotty won Round 2, and Round 3 was an evenly-matched round with all three of them having done a great job. It's a tough fight, I'd say. As usual, DialIdol has it that Scotty is safe, which just crushed all my hopes of an all-female finale. But I think that Scotty did an incredible job tonight. I felt that he was the only one who slayed it round after round. So if he does make it to the finale, he deserves it, but yeah, I'd feel bored by that.

I'm actually worried for Lauren this week. We've seen that Scotty has his mega fanbase, and Haley has recently garnered lots of votes. And to be honest, Lauren didn't do a stellar job tonight, so I'm REALLY worried about her. I'd so much rather have her in the Final 2 than Haley. 'Cos if Scotty and Haley were in the Final 2, Scotty would definitely win. But if it were Scotty and Lauren, Lauren could still take the crown! Ahhhhh please please please let Lauren be safe!!!!!

Man it's a tough vote. I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow. I just want Lauren to be safe! Hee.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: Top 3 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 11:13:38 AM »
I've given up hope of Scotty being eliminated at this point. It's looking like he could win, I'll predict him and Haley for the finale.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 11:23:54 AM »
Scotty

Scotty's first song choice... was a good self choice! He managed to hit the high notes.. in the middle he got lost for about 15 seconds and went flat a little, but other than that I had goosebumps listening and i could really feel his soul when he's singing. And this is coming from a person who's always complaining about him being UTTERLY BORING at times. I would say the arrangement of the song was extremely apt and good as well!

Okay, Scotty's second song sounded like a down-to-earth country song and it's not my type of song at all. And it's the type of song that I always find extremely boring and doesn't attract me at all. I seriously think Scotty should stick with love songs, with a little country feel and try and smoothen all those girls who're going extremely crazy over him. Not a good second round for me for Scotty. But we still have ROUND 3 and I can't wait for Steven's choice.

Scotty's rendition of She Believes In Me was amazing. Really brought about goosebumps and I can say that Steven had a really really good song choice for him! Scotty's last song was smokin' hot! :lol: I think he really has a good chance in the final 2 and he deserved it with his amazing performance this week! He really grew a lot as a performer and I completely agreed with JLo!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 11:35:18 AM »
Haley

Haley started the first song really sexy, with her unique vocals and as usual, selling the sex appeal. :lol: Oh dear, but when the pace started picking up I thought she completely didn't get the mood/tone and feel of the song correctly. I didn't find the song attractive in anyway at all. Vocals were acceptable but the way the song was presented was even more boring than Scotty's second song. I didn't like the arrangement and Haley went flat for a couple of times. The ending of the song, i felt like she was more of like chanting rather than singing and I couldn't hear the lyrics clearly. Not a good first song choice and I really didn't like it, but apparently i'm on different league with Randy and Steven who gave her standing O.

Haley's second song (Rhiannon) was what I thought should be the song (but it's still a weird song) that she should stick to. It really showcased her vocals to the maximum and what kept Haley thus far in the competition was her unique vocals and I think that each and every single week she should be performing songs like this which can fully show her potential as well as unique vocal and singing technique/qualities. HOWEVER, the song got a little boring towards the end and it seemed again as if she was chanting and then it ended abruptly. I didn't like the arrangement. Oh oh, is it me who's harsh towards Haley this week or am I not the only one? But at least this song choice did show that she can sing... but the song choice I feel IMO was still weird.

And what.. Randy picked a song for Haley?! Let's see how it works out. Okay.. sounds like a good song choice. I'm starting to feel the soul and the attitude of the song which I know Randy wanted Haley to showcase. Again this song showcased Haley's vocals to the maximum but I got lost in the middle for a bit.. then I realized something's missing...

It's the factor of a memorable performance.

Haley has performed 3 songs tonight which no one's going to remember IMO. As i compare all 3 of Haley's performance with Scotty, i feel that she is at a losing edge because after listening to Haley's performance and if you ask me whose concert would I prefer to go to, i'll choose Scotty's one based on the performance tonight.

Haley, great VOCALS. Great great vocals, but mediocre song choices and performances, would it be enough to bring her to the finale?!

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 11:36:41 AM »
I've given up hope of Scotty being eliminated at this point. It's looking like he could win, I'll predict him and Haley for the finale.

Yeah, it certainly looks like Scotty could win. His fanbase is not getting any smaller, and he's been performing pretty well all this while. I'd rather have him and Lauren in the Final 2, but well...

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 11:47:35 AM »
Lauren

Hmmm, quick/fast first song choice for Lauren. Me thinks Lauren should stick with inspirational songs because she cliqued with me that way and i'm sure with America in the same way as well. It sounded like a gospel praise song so maybe the Christian population might like the performance. Great performance, great vocals but again similar to that of Haley, it was completely unmemorable. I felt there was 'no moment' there at all and didn't agree with JLo.

Okay, second song.. when Lauren started singing I felt that she instantly connected with me (as well as the audience) on the spot. I liked the song choice and after listening to the song, I would want to buy/listen to the song again and hear how the original song sounded like because Haley made the song so current and her vocals were so crystal clear throughout the performance. UNTIL, in the middle, where she destroyed the song by the technical fault. OH MY GOD. Lauren, you could have gotten a moment with your second song but WHY WHY WHY DID YOU MADE THE ERROR?! :meow: But overall, she's great with her song.. and now it's up for America to decide whether they want to vote less for her due to her mistake. I'm worried!

JLo's song choice for Lauren, HMMM. Okay, ballard. Oh dear, Lauren owns inspirational song than ballards. Oh oh oh dear. But great vocals. But there's 'no moment' created. Still a pretty much boring song choice, I don't think anybody's going to remember this song few years down the road. But it was really a great vocal performance, but not such an awesome song choice.

Hmmm, weird that i'm a Lauren and Haley fan but today Scotty's the one who BLEW IT for me!!! :lol3:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 11:54:02 AM by Joab »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 11:53:25 AM »
IMO, 2 cents worth (if you even care)

Round 1 Winner: Scotty
Round 1 Loser: Haley (more like chanting/yelling/whining than singing)

Round 2 Winner: Lauren (yes, even with the technical error, at least a moment was created there)
Round 2 Loser: Scotty (that was really boring, once again), Lauren (that mistake, could either make or break her)

Round 3 Winner: Scotty
Round 3 Loser: Lauren, Haley (Scotty smoked, the girls got smoked)

With that, i am certainly hoping for a Scotty and Lauren finale. I think Scotty deserved to be in the Final 2. See, i'm fair and not biased. Stop saying that Joab always supports the female contenders! :lol3:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 11:54:47 AM »
And with this, great Joab predicts:

Haley is going home, Scotty is announced safe first and in the final 2 and down to two girls to fight it out. :meow:

:lol:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 12:09:19 PM »
The Rhiannon performance was just really weird. I didn't get it at all.

Lauren's second could have been the best but she messed it up. Overall the arrangement wasn't that good though, it kind of skipped around in the song.

Scotty wasn't bad for his style and as much as he annoys me I will stick to predicting him to win. Based on crowd reaction alone he is the most popular.

Overall I have definitely seen better top threes, but this one is probably better than last year's. Who knows what the future holds for AI. I feel like the only reason they are still holding on to any popularity is because of the incredibly strong brand they built during their peak.

Offline tea4me

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 01:29:34 PM »
I want Lauren to win it all, but today I hope she is just safe.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 05:39:27 PM »
I think Joab is on it. Scotty has a HUGE fan base, and DialIdol has him up by a higher amount than I have ever seen for him so it seems that James Durbin's votes went to Scotty. I can see Hayley going home tonight. (My predictions were surely wrong about final 2 though.)  :lol:

I think there were problems last night, I thought the band overpowered Lauren's first song in parts. I don't know what it sounded like for the audience but it really bothered me that in parts, her voice was barely audible.  

I just hate it when someone falters or makes a mistake and then the judges, mostly Randy, cannot stop talking about it. It diminishes the performance and enhances the fault.. not good for voting for that person. When Lauren was singing, I knew she'd blown something because she missed a beat but I had no fear that I wouldn't find out what happened and I was right, she missed a change as Steven explained it, or caught in the moment as J Lo explained. It was a minor error.

I also think Hayley's last song wasn't arranged right, parts were too low for her register. That's why she sounded so good in the chorus.. it was the higher register for her voice.
All in all, Hayley was beautiful, her second song was perfect for her, I loved the wind machine.

I didn't like Scotty's last song as much but he did a good job, didn't seem to get upset that he wasn't pumped up as much as the girls. He's already a good performer.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 06:29:43 PM »
Just my 2 cents worth...Over the last several seasons the winner was determined this week by an outstanding performance.  I still have last years on my DVR.  I don't think any of them had that moment this year.  I do like all three but no one stood out way above the others.  Really at this point I don't care who wins but I do enjoy watching Haley perform because she is having fun.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 08:07:17 PM »
YAY! I heart the Final 2!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 08:11:20 PM »
Just my 2 cents worth...Over the last several seasons the winner was determined this week by an outstanding performance.  I still have last years on my DVR.  I don't think any of them had that moment this year.  I do like all three but no one stood out way above the others.  Really at this point I don't care who wins but I do enjoy watching Haley perform because she is having fun.

I agree with you bee, I can't say anyone really stood out and banged it out of the park like we've seen in the past, maybe James because he was so flamboyant and entertaining. But we had solid, good performers this year, thankfully!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 08:13:18 PM »
SPOILER! If you don't want to know.. you don't have to read the results, hidden unless you mouse over between the ***s!  :tup:

*** Congratulations to Lauren and Scotty! Final TWO! ***

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 09:08:46 PM »
I wish *Haley* had stayed on  :( It was kind of expected though. And I just realized that *Scotty is seventeen and Lauren is sixteen, youngest finale ever with winner guaranteed to be the youngest:ascared

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 11:00:31 PM »
They both sure don't look sixteen and seventeen.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2011, 02:54:14 AM »
I realise that for the past few seasons, the first person announced by Ryan to make it to the Final 2 goes on to win. I think it's no different for this season.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2011, 06:54:38 AM »
No. I've said Lauren will make the F2 since the beginning of the season and even marked her as a winner.

And I will stick by my words. Adam VS Kris Allen V2.0 results outcome will happen again. :lol:

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2011, 10:20:47 AM »
Lol! Well I did mark Lauren as a winner too but now I think Scotty will be the Kris Allen that wins. Man. But of course Joab, I'll be way too happy to eat my words if the converse happens. Lol.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2011, 10:45:49 AM »
Lol! Well I did mark Lauren as a winner too but now I think Scotty will be the Kris Allen that wins. Man. But of course Joab, I'll be way too happy to eat my words if the converse happens. Lol.

You've been wrong recently with all your winning picks! So you will be wrong again! :lol3:

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2011, 07:38:44 PM »
Ok I creid like a baby with the home comings!! and to see the destruction  of the stroms in gerogia thru laurens young eyes was just soo crushing.. and it was awesome how she took the time to see the young man who saved his family and lil brother under the bricks.. :'(

I dont think lauren was ready for all those grown up moments in life she encountered in that one day.

Scotty got me too. his young emotions brought me to tears..  it was humbling to see how appreciative he was  for al the support

haley.. the rain rained on your parade.. but you made the best of it!  and Im glad you didnt short change any of your fans!! :tup:

I think haley's  Stevie Nicks song Rhianna  did her in. she was up there on her other performances but the crowd just doesnt have the love of Stevie like some of us old timers!! :hides  I do believe she will go far in her career!! Like she said it's not over!!

with 2 youngins in the F2 it's gonna be hard to figure out who will win.. but for now my vote is Lauren !!  :hrt: :tup:
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2011, 11:02:41 PM »
I admit it, I teared up at the homecomings for all three of them and I was so proud of Lauren, at such a young age she handled the young 10 year old beautifully.

I had to laugh at Hayley and her gigantic bodyguard. Very funny.

I can't believe how fast this season has flown by! Next week, a new Idol! (And we need to remember, the show days are Tuesday, May 24th and Wednesday May 25th!)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2011, 11:51:22 PM »
I admit it, I teared up at the homecomings for all three of them and I was so proud of Lauren, at such a young age she handled the young 10 year old beautifully.

I can't believe how fast this season has flown by! Next week, a new Idol! (And we need to remember, the show days are Tuesday, May 24th and Wednesday May 25th!)

Yes! And who says this season would suck without Simon?! I enjoyed it SO MUCH more than last season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2011, 12:32:41 AM »

Yes! And who says this season would suck without Simon?! I enjoyed it SO MUCH more than last season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OHHHHHHHHHHHH I don't have a CLUE who could have made that comment about Simon!  :lol3:  This has been so much better with the 3 new judges!

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2011, 02:04:42 AM »

OHHHHHHHHHHHH I don't have a CLUE who could have made that comment about Simon!  :lol3:  This has been so much better with the 3 new judges!

Yep, I enjoyed this season way more than last season as well. And so does America, just look at all the record-breaking numbers of votes! But I admit that I DO miss Simon sometimes when Randy tries to be mean and fails. Lol.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2011, 02:05:28 AM »
Oh, and I just have this sneaky feeling that for next week, Lauren's gonna perform well, Scotty will just be okay, but Scotty will end up winning anyway. Just a little guess!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2011, 08:17:12 AM »

Yep, I enjoyed this season way more than last season as well. And so does America, just look at all the record-breaking numbers of votes! But I admit that I DO miss Simon sometimes when Randy tries to be mean and fails. Lol.

I said that and I still believe it. The show is better this year because last year was not his fault. The judging is far worse without him. The contestants don't have much reliable advice to hold on to.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2011, 12:04:06 PM »
Ruth, I think the judging panel is doing well without Simon. Shocking isn't it! I love JLo! :<3

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2011, 11:07:16 PM »
Apparently Randy and Steven have signed contracts to come back but J Lo hasn't decided yet. I hope she does because she has been a terrific mentor for the kids.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2011, 11:37:10 PM »
Apparently Randy and Steven have signed contracts to come back but J Lo hasn't decided yet. I hope she does because she has been a terrific mentor for the kids.

Gooooo JLo!! Idol, pay her more! Pay her more!

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2011, 04:16:33 AM »

Aww man I hope JLo returns! She's my favourite of the panel. She's able to critique the performances without being mean. Steven is too nice, while Randy can get unjustifiably mean. JLo's just right!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2011, 08:13:23 AM »

Aww man I hope JLo returns! She's my favourite of the panel. She's able to critique the performances without being mean. Steven is too nice, while Randy can get unjustifiably mean. JLo's just right!

I like JLo more than Simon. People say they miss Simon's snarky comments. Well if you do, go watch the X Factor and stop complaining then! :res: