Author Topic: TARAus 1 Episode 7 (Czech Republic) Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*  (Read 26446 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARAus 1 Episode 7 Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2011, 07:31:00 AM »
This was just a great episode! My favorite team has definitely become Chris & Anastasia, although Jeff & Luke, Sam & Renae and Kelly & Dave come very close. I also like the Farmers, but I really hate the Surfers ever since the U-Turn, so I hope they are eliminated from their passports next week. (:;)

As for this episode, the Sausage Detour was just hilarious! I can't believe none of those teams managed to do the challenge, but I can't say that I blame them, because I would have struggled too! :eww

I thought the Pit Stop location was really freaky - anyone know anything about that Bone Church? :duno:

Ice-hockey was tricky, and the leg was  a challenging one overall! TARAus has been great so far, hope it keeps going that way! :tup:

The Sausage DETOUR was really over quickly, so we did not really see it for long. Both Chris/Anastasia and Matt/Tom appeared to take only a few minutes to decide it wasn't for them.

Offline Elven6

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TARAus 1 Episode 7 (Czech Republic) Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2011, 11:59:47 AM »
It was a pretty good leg. I don't get why Sam & Renae think the teams are against them especially when they've tried to help them, the paranoia is making them look really silly.
? You do realize that Sam & Renae had no way of knowing that the cowboys actually tried to help them? The cowboys told S&R not to take a picture of the guy with a flag. S&R saw a guy with a flag, took a picture, and it was the right thing to do. So naturally they assumed that the cowboys had lied. Did you see the surprised look on Renae's face when they received the clue? She was stunned that the cowboys had misled them.

Neither the cowboys nor Sam & Renae were aware that there are two different guys with flags. This was a simple misunderstanding, but neither team knew this. In fact, if the two teams actually discussed the incident, it would probably go a bit like this:
S&R: "You misled us."
Cowboys: "No, we tried to help. We photographed the guy with a flag, and it was wrong."
S&R: "That's impossible. WE photographed the guy with a flag, and it was right."

It's not like this is the only instance where it happened, the episode before they were given directions by Jeff & Luke but went the wrong way so their natural conclusion is to assume all the teams are out to get them not entertaining the possibility that it could be a misunderstanding which is what I referenced.