Author Topic: TARAus 1 Episode 2 (Vietnam) Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*  (Read 49405 times)

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARAus 1 Episode 2 Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2011, 06:57:16 AM »
Jeff and Luke team #4, Sam and renae #5, Dave and kel #6. mos and mo now check in as #7.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2011, 06:57:58 AM »
Anne Marie and Tracy are 8th.

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2011, 07:06:18 AM »
Joey wants to work with Mel, Mel gets it right and Joey asks for the answer. Joey gets the answer, but needs to wait a few minutes and give Mel a lead. Ryot finishes rb. Three way sprint to the pitstop. Joey and Richard come in 9th, Alana and Mel in 10th. Ryot and liberty are eliminated and liberty cries, but says they had a ball. 

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2011, 07:07:34 AM »
JOEY AND RICHARD WHAT A**HOLES!  (:;)

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2011, 07:08:19 AM »
Next week: the race hits HK. Anastasia and Chris left behind on a pier. Fortune cookies and tile smashing tasks and Annemarie and Tracey struggle with a zodiac task (possibly the RB)

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2011, 07:09:20 AM »
Joey: Do you want to work together?
Ryot: No.

:lol3:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2011, 07:14:48 AM »
I'm interested to see the backlash from this episode, especially in regards to information sharing. When people wouldn't share answers with Jet & Cord it was a travesty, but will it be the same when racers don't share with Joey and Richard?

For the record, I don't think Joey did anything wrong. If you're stupid enough to trust the team that's been yelling "Focus, Believe, Achieve" the entire time, you deserve them to overtake you when they inevitably break their promise.

I think this episode was better than episode 1. The Roadblock was well played (I don't know if they did it the same in TAR Asia, but having them not know that they needed to know the reigns was very good.) But I still think the crux of this episode is how many times another team is going to be dumb enough to think Richard and Joey aren't here to play and play hard. Seriously, do they not know there is $250,000 on the line?

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2011, 07:16:26 AM »
Yeah I really liked it as well. 90 minutes of pure TAR drama - could have been out of the US series (good camera work, good tasks, good drama, good EVERYTHING)

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2011, 07:20:52 AM »
Great job guys!!!  :<3 Can't wait to watch it!!!

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2011, 07:28:56 AM »
Seriously whichever team U-turns/yields Joey and Richard I'm going to love forever, because Joey and Richard will EXPLODE when they see their faces on the board  :lol3:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2011, 08:47:20 AM »
A big thanks to Ovalorange, Coutzy, and BayBay for updating episode two! Thanks guys! :hearts:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2011, 09:38:09 AM »
I'm interested to see the backlash from this episode, especially in regards to information sharing. When people wouldn't share answers with Jet & Cord it was a travesty, but will it be the same when racers don't share with Joey and Richard?

For the record, I don't think Joey did anything wrong. If you're stupid enough to trust the team that's been yelling "Focus, Believe, Achieve" the entire time, you deserve them to overtake you when they inevitably break their promise.

I think this episode was better than episode 1. The Roadblock was well played (I don't know if they did it the same in TAR Asia, but having them not know that they needed to know the reigns was very good.) But I still think the crux of this episode is how many times another team is going to be dumb enough to think Richard and Joey aren't here to play and play hard. Seriously, do they not know there is $250,000 on the line?

Yes. :(
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2011, 10:49:38 AM »
A big thanks to Ovalorange, Coutzy, and BayBay for updating episode two! Thanks guys! :hearts:

BIG thanks and a great job!!

:ty
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2011, 03:43:51 PM »
If I hear one more time "Focus, Believe, Achieve" or "105" I'm going to kill Joey. She is so annoying!

In general a great episode. I loved all the airport drama which I have missed from the last seasons of TAR.

A lot of broken oxes! LOL

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2011, 05:45:24 PM »
Mo and Mos definately my favourite team as well as the Big W ladies. I hope the Mos get their lucky double-pen back from Joey next leg!!

All I can say about Joey and Richard is that they don't Focus, they don't Believe, they don't Achieve!! haha
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2011, 09:31:47 PM »
Deleted Scenes!

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2011, 09:59:08 PM »
The broken ox claims another victim!  :lol:

Am I the only one who thinks that this season is a tad reminiscent of the earlier seasons? The large amount of spoilers shown, the preview for that night's episode?

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2011, 10:39:52 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks that this season is a tad reminiscent of the earlier seasons? The large amount of spoilers shown, the preview for that night's episode?
Totally, to me it felt like watching Season 3
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2011, 12:14:01 AM »
re 2DS2 vid...what is Joey whispering there? I can't make it out...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2011, 12:21:29 AM »
I believe it is

"They gave me the answer and tell me when I opened the thing give 'em two minutes. We looked at the top, they were in the car. It was two minutes. I can't help it we had a fast cabbie. (Drops lower) Baby you know at the end of the day we need to win."

Gotta love our talent for making run on sentences.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2011, 12:33:01 AM »
Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2011, 09:52:22 AM »

BestLoser:

I do not agree with you. Liberty and Ryot had great trouble at the Garage and they arrived at the DETOUR in 11th place. Why is it a surprise that they left in 11th place, arrived at the ROADBLOCK last and completed it last?

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2011, 10:06:30 AM »
If they picked the correct detour, they wouldn't have finished it last. Remember that three teams switched detours, including them. Had they been able to control their buffalo, who knows how fast they would have found the flag.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2011, 10:11:19 AM »
The broken ox claims another victim!  :lol:

Let me list for leg 2 the duplicates from earlier Amazing Race Asia and Amazing Race seasons. I have already done so on another thread for leg 1.

Some may have missed the symbolism of this, but going to Ho Chi Minh City for the sole purpose of getting a clue to fly to Hue is absurd, very reminiscent of the ARA1 trip to Singapore for the sole purpose of a car wash and Caltex/Ford product placement.

Change the motor oil and tires on a jeep, same as in Hue in Amazing Race Asia 3, ep. 3. ARAus may have changed the garage (I don't know) but everything else was identical

Having a DETOUR of Carry Fowl in Hue was virtually identical to the same task in Amazing Race Asia 3, leg 2 in Cai Be
The Carabao was a direct copy of the infamous amazing Race 5, Philippines episodes with Colin when "my ox is broken". The same task was set up as a ROADBLOCK in Amazing Race Asia 2, leg 2 also in the Philippines.

The ROADBLOCK at Khai Dinh tomb and Minh Mang Tomb was exactly identical to the Hue episode of Amazing Race Asia 3, leg 3. The citadel was a common pit stop, but I am only counting instances of duplicative tasks.

It looks like a heavy load of duplicative tasks from previous seasons of Amazing Race Asia and the Amazing Race.      
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 02:50:16 PM by apskip »

Offline Zvarri

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2011, 01:10:47 PM »
I don't care if some tasks are repeats. The awesome cast makes up for it.