Author Topic: Survivor 23- Who will the 2 returning contestants be?  (Read 125790 times)

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
Re: Survivor 23- Who will the 2 returning contestants be?
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2011, 02:15:05 AM »
If it's Erik, the season will suck. The only reason I remember him is because he was stupid enough to give his Immunity Necklace to Natalie, he didn't have strategy, he only won a few challenges against the girls. It would be a lot more interesting to see Natalie again, at least she showed some potential.

I'm one hundred percent with you. What did we see from Erik other than him giving the necklace to Natalie? He was good at challenges but many people were too. Game strategy, zilch. Honestly, I can think of a hundred other castaways that deserve another shot way more than him. Just my take...
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2011, 04:44:12 AM »
Erik returning = Worst Survivor decision ever. :res:

Offline Alfwin

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2011, 01:00:29 AM »
TDT are reporting that Coach and Ozzy will be back. But ain't it a very weird match up?  :duno:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2011, 12:49:18 PM »
TDT are reporting that Coach and Ozzy will be back. But ain't it a very weird match up?  :duno:

:lol3: That would certainly be interesting.

I'd like to see the return of Coach and Parvati. Although she has probably been too much.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 12:56:51 PM by Prophet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2011, 01:06:36 PM »
I'm seeing posts on my FB wall that it's Coach and Ozzy that will be on the next Survivor.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2011, 01:40:15 PM »
Coach, Ozzy returning for Survivor South Pacific

Ben “Coach” Wade and Oscar “Ozzy” Lusth are the two cast members returning for Survivor South Pacific. They’ll compete in Samoa with 16 new people, as Jeff Probst revealed during last season’s finale.

The evidence that Coach/Ben is on season 23 is pretty clear. As someone alerted me to, his voice mail message isn’t subtle: “I’m going to be traveling the next couple weeks,” he says, encouraging people to e.mail instead of texting or leaving a message. Ben conducts the Susanville Symphony, which he helped to found, and its final concert is next weekend, which up until recently he was conducting. But now, its web site says there will be “a very special guest conductor” instead.

Ben’ movie 180, which features him making out with Danielle DiLorenzo, has its premiere a week later, June 17. The producer of the film, William Price, told me in an e.mail that Ben was supposed to be at the premiere: “That is plan. We are flying him in the day before.” However, he did not respond to a follow-up in which I mentioned that Ben was likely in Samoa. If Ben shows up for that, we’ll all be surprised.

Reports that Coach would return first surfaced on Survivor Sucks (where Jeff Probst recently responded to criticism about the show), while news of Ozzy’s return first came from Survivor Skills’ DanieuBleau, who cited “one of my highly dependable, and trusted sources.” Ozzy’s return was confirmed in a report today on TVFunSpot, which says that Ozzy’s voicemail has a similar message to Coach’s, and that he’s taken a leave of absence from his job as a waiter.

Calling this pairing or season Coach vs. Ozzy makes little sense, because besides the fact that Russell and Rob never faced off during Survivor Redemption Island, Ozzy and Coach never appeared on the same season. (Ozzy did get naked and have sex on Playboy TV’s Foursome.) The only way it’d be Coach vs. Ozzy is if the producers start both returnees on Redemption Island, where they’d face off in a duel, with the winner remaining to face off against the first person voted out of the game. I wish they’d do something like that but think it’s a safe bet that Coach and Ozzy will be placed on tribes, just like Rob and Russell were.

Speaking of Playboy, my piece that includes an extensive interview with Coach—or Ben, as I call him in the piece, and as people call him in his actual life—will be especially interesting now that he’s decided to go on the show for a third time. As you’ll read in the story, which is in the July issue out later this month, Ben still has very raw feelings about his time on Survivor Tocantins, and has now settled into a life as a conductor, pastor, and actual coach. When I spent a weekend with him in late February, there was no indication he’d ever even be asked to return.

But he did tell me that “life is about the experiences” and said that, with Survivor Heroes vs. Villains, “I looked at it as an adventure” and “a time to prove what I’d learned about myself. And I thought it was really important to go out there again and find redemption.”

Meanwhile, the media contingent left for Samoa last week (EW’s Dalton Ross announced that he was going offline) and arrived by Friday, meaning that interviews with the cast were likely Saturday, and the game started on Monday, Memorial Day in the United States.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_south_pacific/2011_Jun_02_coach_ozzy_returning

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2011, 02:09:10 PM »
I'd like to see the return of Coach and Parvati. Although she has probably been too much.

Anyone who's been on the show three times? Overkill.

(I'm seeing myself being flamed for this, but who cares.)
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2011, 02:17:58 PM »
Flamed??

This is a friendly forum, right?  :angel

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2011, 03:12:56 PM »
The two contestants are: Coach and Ozzy!!!

Do you have a press article link? :angel

And Coach,  :yess:
Ozzy:  :res:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2011, 03:14:42 PM »
Will is the one who shared this information:

Coach, Ozzy returning for Survivor South Pacific

Ben “Coach” Wade and Oscar “Ozzy” Lusth are the two cast members returning for Survivor South Pacific. They’ll compete in Samoa with 16 new people, as Jeff Probst revealed during last season’s finale.

The evidence that Coach/Ben is on season 23 is pretty clear. As someone alerted me to, his voice mail message isn’t subtle: “I’m going to be traveling the next couple weeks,” he says, encouraging people to e.mail instead of texting or leaving a message. Ben conducts the Susanville Symphony, which he helped to found, and its final concert is next weekend, which up until recently he was conducting. But now, its web site says there will be “a very special guest conductor” instead.

Ben’ movie 180, which features him making out with Danielle DiLorenzo, has its premiere a week later, June 17. The producer of the film, William Price, told me in an e.mail that Ben was supposed to be at the premiere: “That is plan. We are flying him in the day before.” However, he did not respond to a follow-up in which I mentioned that Ben was likely in Samoa. If Ben shows up for that, we’ll all be surprised.

Reports that Coach would return first surfaced on Survivor Sucks (where Jeff Probst recently responded to criticism about the show), while news of Ozzy’s return first came from Survivor Skills’ DanieuBleau, who cited “one of my highly dependable, and trusted sources.” Ozzy’s return was confirmed in a report today on TVFunSpot, which says that Ozzy’s voicemail has a similar message to Coach’s, and that he’s taken a leave of absence from his job as a waiter.

Calling this pairing or season Coach vs. Ozzy makes little sense, because besides the fact that Russell and Rob never faced off during Survivor Redemption Island, Ozzy and Coach never appeared on the same season. (Ozzy did get naked and have sex on Playboy TV’s Foursome.) The only way it’d be Coach vs. Ozzy is if the producers start both returnees on Redemption Island, where they’d face off in a duel, with the winner remaining to face off against the first person voted out of the game. I wish they’d do something like that but think it’s a safe bet that Coach and Ozzy will be placed on tribes, just like Rob and Russell were.

Speaking of Playboy, my piece that includes an extensive interview with Coach—or Ben, as I call him in the piece, and as people call him in his actual life—will be especially interesting now that he’s decided to go on the show for a third time. As you’ll read in the story, which is in the July issue out later this month, Ben still has very raw feelings about his time on Survivor Tocantins, and has now settled into a life as a conductor, pastor, and actual coach. When I spent a weekend with him in late February, there was no indication he’d ever even be asked to return.

But he did tell me that “life is about the experiences” and said that, with Survivor Heroes vs. Villains, “I looked at it as an adventure” and “a time to prove what I’d learned about myself. And I thought it was really important to go out there again and find redemption.”

Meanwhile, the media contingent left for Samoa last week (EW’s Dalton Ross announced that he was going offline) and arrived by Friday, meaning that interviews with the cast were likely Saturday, and the game started on Monday, Memorial Day in the United States.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_south_pacific/2011_Jun_02_coach_ozzy_returning

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2011, 08:28:58 PM »
Perhaps just say see the article 3 posts up?? :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2011, 08:57:16 PM »
Perhaps just say see the article 3 posts up?? :groan:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2011, 09:28:05 PM »
Really. Coach. I mean sersiously! They think just because Phillip was crazy, they can have another crazy person. At least Rob & Russel had stragety. Ozzy's plan- win challenges Coach's plan- be honorable. No! I wanted Natalie from FvF!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2011, 09:41:36 PM »
I wanted REGULAR people. Have NO idea why someone thinks having former losers on makes the show more interesting or entertaining.

UghUghUgh.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2011, 10:28:08 PM »
I still don't see how any of them need "Redemption" They were voted out regularly. No idols, none of it.

if anything, WANDA and JONATHAN need redemption more than anyone.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2011, 10:41:20 PM »
I wanted REGULAR people. Have NO idea why someone thinks having former losers on makes the show more interesting or entertaining.

UghUghUgh.

Totally agree with you. I'm so sick and tired of them recycling former players. Rob, 4 times, Russell, 3 times and it will be Coach and Ozzy's 3rd time. ENOUGH WITH THAT!

I swear to God, if they bring Russell back again in a future season, I will BOYCOTT Survivor forever!

Only want to see new players every season.   

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2011, 02:39:35 PM »
Only want to see new players every season.

If they want to bring people back, don't bring back people who are going in over and over again.

Find someone who got screwed the first time around and then see if they can redeem themselves. Twice is fine - and pretty much enough.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2011, 03:44:38 PM »
The guy who fell into the fire and burned his hands...(Mike??) is about the only one I would like to see get another chance.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2011, 04:33:16 PM »
The guy who fell into the fire and burned his hands...(Mike??) is about the only one I would like to see get another chance.

Mike Borassi from Samoa?

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2011, 04:54:13 PM »
I'm wrong. It's  not  Mike Borassi. He was 62. The guy that burned his hands was much younger. I remember that episode and almost can make out his face but can't think of his name.

Offline Peace, Love, TAR! :D

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2011, 05:10:26 PM »

Mike Borassi from Samoa?
No, it's Mike Skupin from Survivor: Australia.  He was 38.
"Like most things, it can be fixed by whipping a rock at it." --Courtney Yates; Survivor: China/Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2011, 07:55:04 PM »
I can't believe they're getting back Coach and Ozzy? How true is that... :meow: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan:

Offline Zapetepe

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • General Discussion Forum
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2011, 01:05:19 AM »
Ozzy and Coach is ridiculous.
I wanted Brenda and Marty. :(

Melbourne Center Of Open Discussion.Debates.General Chat.Politics.Societal Attitudes.Causes.Headline News.And More.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2011, 11:34:26 PM »
Honestly, WTF. Those two has as much chances to win as to Russell finally winning. They're not smart and especially Coach...

If Coach even makes it to the jury.. it will be the shock of my life. Ozzy may be voted out around the jury time.

Honestly, I'll rather they take two winners than losers. It's really scary to think Survivor is getting back 2... *not so popular* Survivors to play. I'll take Cirie VS Yau Man ANY DAY.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2011, 09:27:50 AM »
Yes, I would not be surprised to see Coach's tribe pull a Zapatera on him and vote him out early. It does seem like Ozzy could stick around longer.

Why not Parvati, James, Amanda, Colby, or someone from Zapatera who needs a second chance? :duno: