Author Topic: **MUST READ INFO about Spoilers and Episode threads**  (Read 8646 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
**MUST READ INFO about Spoilers and Episode threads**
« on: May 15, 2011, 12:59:21 PM »
  :hello2: Hello and welcome to RFF's The Amazing Race Australia (TARAus) Forum!

We have quite a unique situation with TARaus on this forum, in that only a small number of our Members have access to the live Seven broadcast, and the rest must wait for "delayed coverage" of episodes on the Internet.

To try and cater for all our Members who share the TARaus love, :luvya: we need a few simple rules to try and prevent people from accidentally getting spoiled:

• There will be a pinned weekly episode thread started by one of us each week. This thread will ALSO be open for discussion of the show as it airs based on Sydney time. Our Oceania viewers can post freely here immediately, and those of us who cannot see the show immediately can enter at our own risk after Mondays 0600 EST, realizing that there WILL be both contestant and location spoilers.
  • Please discuss the most recent episode ONLY in the pinned episode thread until 12 MN each Wed Sydney  time= Wed 10AM EST for those of us in the US, which will give those of us not in Australia 48+ hours to find and watch the show. This means that NO information about the outcome of each weekly show should be posted anywhere on the forum except here, including NO posts related to outcome in the media or contestant threads during that time.  Knowing who won the leg and who is eliminated is the info we most want to protect until the show can be seen by all of us. Feel free to put any media, etc in the episode thread, and I will move it later on.
  • However, many of us will want to begin to work right away on the next location spoiler, and many of our locations have already been spoiled. So, we will open the next episode thread after the show airs and put any previews and preview screencaps there. I am open to changing this if need be, so let me know! But remain aware that this MAY also contain spoilers until You have seen the episodes!
  • As always, any other race spoilers not related to the already aired show outcomes, may be discussed freely in the general Spoiler thread at any time.

You can also use the spoiler tags if you are unsure: [/list]
Code: [Select]
[spoiler] data here[/spoiler]

We hope you have fun posting here. If you have any questions, or are unsure about anything, please feel free to contact me by PM here, or at the email address in my profile.

Thanks everyone! This looks like a great season!

:bigwelcome
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 07:49:32 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: **MUST READ INFO about Spoilers and Episode threads**
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 12:09:54 AM »
  • Please discuss the most recent episode ONLY in the pinned episode thread until 12 MN each Wed Sydney  time= Wed 10AM EST for those of us in the US, which will give those of us not in Australia 48+ hours to find and watch the show. This means that NO information about the outcome of each weekly show should be posted anywhere on the forum except here, including NO posts related to outcome in the media or contestant threads during that time.  Knowing who won the leg and who is eliminated is the info we most want to protect until the show can be seen by all of us. Feel free to put any media, etc in the episode thread, and I will move it later on.

PLEASE be careful that these spoilers are placed ONLY in the episode threads until those of us outside Oz have a chance to watch!! Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 07:52:08 PM »
Bringing this back...am not sure the times are still right, so please correct me if not?

ANd the big thing is...no spoilers anywhere except the LIVE thread and the EPISODE thread until 48+ hours after the show has aired...to keep us innocents unspoiled until we too can watch!

Thanks everyone!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 06:13:24 PM »
What about the thread for discussion of spoilers?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 08:19:36 PM »
Any SPOILER thread is fine for things ouside that week, but would like things related to the week's episode to stay in the appropriate episode thread. That way people can avoid the week's outcome until they have seen the ep, and feel fairly safe elsewhere. It may not be perfect, but it worked well all thru TARA, so would like us to try anyway!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 06:40:09 AM »
REPEATING:

NO SPOILERS ANYWHERE EXCEPT IN THE EPISODE THREAD FOR 48 HOURS AFTER THE EP AIRS.

THIS ESPECIALLY MEANS NO SPOILERS IN THE CONTESTANT THREADS PLEASE.

DISCUSS THE EPISODE IN THE EPISODE THREAD ONLY!

Please discuss the most recent episode ONLY in the pinned episode thread until 12 MN each Wed Sydney  time= Wed 10AM EST for those of us in the US, which will give those of us not in Australia 48+ hours to find and watch the show. This means that NO information about the outcome of each weekly show should be posted anywhere on the forum except here, including NO posts related to outcome in the media or contestant threads during that time.  Knowing who won the leg and who is eliminated is the info we most want to protect until the show can be seen by all of us. Feel free to put any media, etc in the episode thread, and I will move it later on.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 08:01:09 AM »
Peach,

You are sometimes incorrect on the difference between other time zones and U.S. East Coast Eastern Daylight Time and that is again the case above. Your time difference of 14 hours is correct for Sydney, but it applies to EDT and not EST.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 08:21:35 AM »
Peach,

You are sometimes incorrect on the difference between other time zones and U.S. East Coast Eastern Daylight Time and that is again the case above. Your time difference of 14 hours is correct for Sydney, but it applies to EDT and not EST.

I don't care if you call it EDT or EST, :lol:

timeanddate gives a 14 hour time difference, that's what I am using.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 11:41:41 AM »
REPEATING:

NO SPOILERS IN THE CONTESTANT THREADS PLEASE.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 08:30:35 AM »
Please discuss the most recent episode ONLY in the pinned episode thread until 12 MN each Wed Sydney  time= Wed 10AM EST for those of us in the US

Sorry, Peach, but just to clear up a little bit of confusion for me, when you say 12 MN Wednesday, did you mean 12 MN Wednesday night/Thursday morning or do you mean 12 MN Tuesday night/Wednesday morning? :duno:

I know I'm probably sounding really technical and all, :lol: but I just wanted to be sure to avoid making a mistake again. :)
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 09:25:32 AM »
Wed night/Thurs AM, 2 days and a bit after it airs for you.

Given that it is taking much longer this season for those of us outside OZ to be able to see the eps, it wouldn't hurt just to keep all the discussion in either the episode spoiler thread or the show thread anyway. If you find a media article such as an elimination interview, put them in the episode threads and I'll move them later... that way you don't have to wait to post them.

What I specially do not want is spoilers from the current ep or previews being discussed in the contestant threads. Some people like to root for their team but really don't want to be spoiled...

Thanks for asking!
RFF's Golden Rule: