I am officially PISSED OFF with Randy. I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt he was picking on Haley. I thought I might have been too personal. But seriously, he's been picking on Haley ALL SEASON. Not only this week, but last week when she did You and I, two weeks ago when she did Beautiful, and goodness knows how many more weeks. I just feel that he's extremely biased against Haley. At that moment, I felt really bad for her. Sigh.
1. That was a nice, catchy, well-known song. But I didn't think it was his best performance. In fact, it felt that he kinda lost steam from the middle onwards and was yelling throughout the rest of the song.
2. He definitely redeemed himself from last week, not sure I loved the song, but it was a great performance. I especially loved the last part!
1. I thought she did a great job with the first performance. It was sincere and I could really feel her passion. Too bad Jennifer and Randy didn't like it, I did. And I sure hope America did as well.
2. I thought that she OWNED Round 2. But part of the reason was I hated the other 3 song choices. I was a little worried when I heard that she was doing that song (I remember Jordin Sparks slayed it on her season), I was like... What's Haley doing with a ballad? But wow, once again she came out strong and stunned me. It wasn't as good as House of the Rising Sun, but I thought it was the best performance of Round 2.
1. I loved his first song, it reminded me of the very first week of the finals where he did The River. Nice, sincere, and a little up-tempo, something different from the ballads he's been doing the past few weeks.
2. I thought that his performance was more entertaining than it was impressive. It was a nice performance to watch, it made me laugh, but song wise... I didn't like the song.
1. I thought that she did great on the first song, once again, it was heartfelt and absolutely suited her. It could have been a little safe, though.
2. I liked it that she broke out of her comfort zone, but I just didn't like the song. But I appreciate that she did something different to show a different side of her.
I felt that they should have switched Round 1 and Round 2. I really couldn't stand the song selections for the second round, no offence. I enjoyed the inspirational songs so much more.
DialIdol shows that Scotty and Lauren are safe. There goes my dreams of Scotty going home, sigh. Previously, I thought that the only other person in danger of going home besides Haley is James. But I think he did a relatively good job this week and I'm sure his voters would vote like mad (female voters vote more, generally). So I think it's pretty clear that Haley would be going home. Unless something out of the world happens... Geez. But she DOES NOT deserve to go home at all. That's just the way the votes work. Sigh.
I'd think the bottom two would be James and Haley. But I get this strange feeling that Idol is somehow trying to promote James (look at the number of last slots he's been given throughout the season). They might not have any bottom two again, but announce the results at random. Hmm.
I'm just hoping Lauren doesn't go home, if not there'll be no more hope of having a female winner this season. Ahhhhh.