1. He rocked it, it was an energetic opening to the show. I didn't feel that there was anything impressive about it, in fact it sounded flat to me at a couple of spots but he was just doing his thing, this is what James is about.
2. He surprised me with that song choice. It's such a Pia song to sing. I don't know if it was that awesome a performance, I didn't think the song really suited him but I felt his emotions and that was beautiful.
1. I was TOTALLY with Randy! I didn't think it was that great a performance. To be very honest, I found it whiny and a little desperate. I think it was totally the wrong song choice for him. I agree with Randy a hundred percent, that's not the kinda record he should be making. He's more of a soul, gospel musician rather than a hip-hop artiste.
2. That was definitely better than his first performance, but I'm not sure if it's enough to get him into the Top 4. I recall him saying in the clip before his second song that "If I want to STAY, I should do this..." At this stage of the competition, these guys should be focusing on WINNING, not just STAYING. All that shrieking towards the end of the song was over the top for me and made him seem overly desperate to stay in the competition...
1. Throughout the song, I was thinking in my head that that was really "so Carrie"! Even her hairstyle looked like Carrie's. But I loved the performance, especially when she went and hit those high notes. She just gives me this feeling that there's so much more in her that we haven't seen, and I can't wait for her to bring it all out. 'Cos I kinda feel that she's still holding back a little.
2. Lol, I was worried that the song might give her an old-fashioned vibe but I thought that she pulled it off decently.
1. Wow, I was impressed with him rocking out tonight! I thought that he was gonna deliver another safe, boring performance but he really pushed himself tonight and I actually really enjoyed the performance. And once again, DialIdol has him the only one safe and on top of the pack...
2. Nice, tender performance, but I didn't think it was as powerful as what he did last week. It was nice though, definitely enough to get him to the next round. Or maybe even the next few rounds.
1. I disagree with what the judges said, I actually thought that she did a great job with the song. Maybe it's an unfamiliar tune, but it was still a strong performance IMO.
2. I was really worried when I heard that she was gonna do "House of the Rising Sun". I thought that it was just a wild, crazy choice of song that would seal her fate of going home tonight. But my, she really made the song her own and I was BLOWN AWAY with that last performance of the night. I thought that THAT was the best performance of the night, and I really, really, REALLY hope that America gives her another chance to go into the Top 4...
It's pretty clear that Scotty, Lauren and James are going nowhere tonight, so it's down to Jacob and Haley. Much as I predicted Jacob to be gone this week, it's hard to tell. Haley looks like she has the lowest votes as of now according to DialIdol, and I worry that she will not have as many votes as Jacob to get through. I mean, she never did have many votes to begin with, and Jacob now has VFTW backing him (grr someone burn that organisation down). But I'm just hoping against hope that America recognises the potential in her and votes for her to carry on. Please, please, please! Hee...