Author Topic: TAR 18 EP 12 "This is where it ends" (Brazil and Florida)>>THIS IS FOR FLORIDA  (Read 141383 times)

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
I am neither confirming nor denying anything!!

But ALL sources at this stage should be viewed with a critical eye. ;)

And remember, there are two legs tonight, so another FIRST PLACE MAT before our FINAL THREE photo finish!!

AND THIS  IS NOT THE SPECULATION THREAD! :lol:

I am getting pouty!  :neener:

Jeez Peachy we are soooooo close the end here.  I don't like this feeling of second guessing, it rubs me the wrong way.  Teasing has gone to a whole new level with you!  :knuckles:  :'(  :lol3:

Offline raina

• RFF Jr. Member
Critical eye - is that clue?  So eye, eye of the tiger, tigers are found in India and GTs won one of those legs and G&M won the other, so that means it's either of those two.

Or maybe Critical Eye  means someone who pays attention to details and sometimes ppl with AS don't see the big picture b/c they focus on the details.. so that's saying Zev and Justin lose out b/c of that.

OR maybe critical eye means the CBS Eye and what's on there - March Madness and who is related to basketball Jen and Kisha or the GTs, so it's about them!  :waves:

Okay I'll stop, but I could totally come up with 80 more.  :neener:

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
Critical eye - is that clue?  So eye, eye of the tiger, tigers are found in India and GTs won one of those legs and G&M won the other, so that means it's either of those two.

Or maybe Critical Eye  means someone who pays attention to details and sometimes ppl with AS don't see the big picture b/c they focus on the details.. so that's saying Zev and Justin lose out b/c of that.

OR maybe critical eye means the CBS Eye and what's on there - March Madness and who is related to basketball Jen and Kisha or the GTs, so it's about them!  :waves:

Okay I'll stop, but I could totally come up with 80 more.  :neener:

GAHHHHHHHH!  )-**

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
raina, how about the emphasis on the first place mat?
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
And remember, there are two legs tonight, so another FIRST PLACE MAT before our FINAL THREE photo finish!!

My guesses.....

1.  Zev/Justin have won the most 1st place finishes (4 total) of all the teams in the final 4 so they win the they make
add a 5th to it and make it to the final 3. 

OR

2.  FT/BE won 1st place on the last leg so they win the next leg to make it to the final 3.

My wish if for #1 to happen but sadly it seems that all evidence seems to go against that.  :( 

Looking forward to tonight!  Enjoy the show everyone!

Offline raina

• RFF Jr. Member
raina, how about the emphasis on the first place mat?
This is late, but I think it means Kisha and Jen win since they've never placed in first place before.  Just random speculation.

Offline Amazing Race Fanatic

• RFF Not So Newbie
Kisha and Jen are gunna come from behind and beat the Globetrotters.
TAR is amazing.

Offline seattlesleuth2

• RFF Not So Newbie
Congrats to Jen and Keisha!! Now that this season is over, has the next season started?  I remember way back when we were still watching last season while this season was being filmed.  Has anyone heard anything about next season?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Congrats to Jen and Keisha!! Now that this season is over, has the next season started?  I remember way back when we were still watching last season while this season was being filmed.  Has anyone heard anything about next season?

Phil said in an interview that they would start recording TAR 19 this summer. I would assume June. :duno:

auburnsuperfan97

Phil said in an interview that they would start recording TAR 19 this summer. I would assume June. :duno:
  I hate going until like September without the amazing race  (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) lol

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Late-May was the start of TAR17. I would assume around the same for TAR19...
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster

I hate going until like September without the amazing race  (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) lol

TAR Australia starts next Monday (Sunday American Time!)

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member

We still have Survivor and Big Brother Starts soon to fill some of the TAR void. LOL

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Nothing fills the race void :(

I think/hope the first week of June for TAR19. But who knows.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
Nothing fills the race void :(

I think/hope the first week of June for TAR19. But who knows.

Well, you can watch TAR seasons you have not watched on YouTube.  ;)

Offline seattlesleuth2

• RFF Not So Newbie

Thanks for the reply.  I'm with you I hate waiting for the race to start.   And like someone below says, TAR Australia starts next week, I sure wish we in the US could see the other series of this show.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
Thanks for the reply.  I'm with you I hate waiting for the race to start.   And like someone below says, TAR Australia starts next week, I sure wish we in the US could see the other series of this show.

That would be great... Cable syndicated or something... Hum Maybe we should start writing to the cable networks!!

Offline lovetherace

• RFF Not So Newbie
FYI - there's an interesting interview with K/J up at www.realitytvworld.com.  Don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere, but apparently there were a bunch of riddles they had to solve to get to the undersea lodge (similar to the finale for S17?) that we didn't see.  Think all we saw was "subtract 4 from 33" but there was more than that...Keisha says they had to Google the information for a couple of them.  Wonder why TPTB didn't show that, and how if affected G/M.  Will have to go back and watch the end with this in mind.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Thanks! Some thoughts:

I like how Jen avoids whether or not they knew Nat and Kat had won, especially after Kisha tries to allude to it and she shuts that down.  :lol: She probably didn't want to get someone in trouble.

They were studying for a memory task, maybe why there wasn't one.

They take the high road about teams copying their trailer

I love their theory on running the Race. "On every leg beat one team, on the last leg beat two" It works!

Offline lovetherace

• RFF Not So Newbie
I guess if I'd just won a million dollars, I'd be able to take the high road too!

They also didn't mind giving the GTs the answer to the measuring task a few legs back, so maybe having them (and G/M) look at the trailer setup wasn't a big deal to them. Not sure it would have occurred to me in the heat of the moment to wipe out the set up when I got my clue - I'd just run for the pit stop!  They were careful to sneak around and stay low on the island though. 

Good point about the reference to Nat and Kat.  Do you know, once they choose the teams and are getting ready to shoot, are they sequestered at all beforehand?  How much of S17 would the S18 people have been able to see?  Will be curious to go back and look at the timeline.

Agree about their theory - it sounds like something an athlete would think of...

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
They could have wiped off their trailer like Dan & Jordan disassembled their portrait set, but at that point if all teams are just copying the same picture, the whole point is to be able to find the differences
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline themikko95

• RFF Full Member
  • Kym/Alli for the win!

TAR Australia starts next Monday (Sunday American Time!)
really!? yay! Amazing race all year round! get ready for the Aussie accent :hearts:
Dustin/Kandice, Jaime/Cara and Pam/Winnie = goddesses!

Offline mds1978

• RFF Jr. Member
Anyone know how long they spent doing each task? Since they arrived early in Miami and reached the finish line around sunset, those tasks were obviously pretty time consuming. I presume they were at the trailer park task for several hours. And have they revealed how much time elapsed between k/j and g/m reaching the finish line?

I'd also love some behind the scenes info about how elaborate the decoy racer system is...take miami for instance, we all saw pics of the teams at the airport, but did each get a cab? Did they all have decoy camera men with them? Where did they go? Do the decoy teams do the actual tasks ever?

Lastly, I know that any cab drivers seen on camera have to sign releases, but do they have to agree to not divulge any information about who they're transporting or where they drove the teams? Like what if K/J's taxi driver happened to be a superfan and wanted to post everything that happened that day on RFF forums?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Good point about the reference to Nat and Kat.  Do you know, once they choose the teams and are getting ready to shoot, are they sequestered at all beforehand?  How much of S17 would the S18 people have been able to see?  Will be curious to go back and look at the timeline.

This is easy to remember. The AR17 telecast ended Dec. 12, so the last several telecasts that happened after AR18 filming started were:
Nov. 21
Nov. 28
Dec.5
Dec.12

As some of us remember, the AR17 finale was the night before the AR18 end of filming, which means that no F6 team in AR18 was able to see it. However, all teams brought back from sequester for the AR18 finale would have had that opportunity.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
apskip, I was thinking more along the lines of that Gary and Mallory knew who won but Jen was adamant about not revealing that source to the interviewer.

Those are great questions mds1978, many of which I have wondered myself. I have always personally assumed that cabbies sign releases not to divulge info. If they did not I think we could have almost every detail of the race before it aired.  :lol: Probably even parts that would never air. I don't think WRP would allow that possibility.

There are answers to your questions about the decoy teams that I hope we will hear soon.