Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 11 "This is where it ends" (Brazil and Florida) >>This is for BRAZIL  (Read 115107 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
As I was searching for the beauty shop for the waxing, I came across this.........some might like reading it.

http://improvtravels.wordpress.com/2010/04/29/brazilian-waxing-101/
Matthew 7:15

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
I think the spa is the Pello Menos spa - they have several in Rio - There is at least one in Copacabana: Rua Tonelero, 223 - Copacabana Rio de Janeiro

Note the yellow trim on collar in wax pic 2 as well as the name tag in wax pic 1.  

« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 09:05:57 AM by caper »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
wow.........

You are amazing!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Caper! :jam:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Check out this utube vid:  <iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jeTddLI9Ar4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>    This is the the location- notice the windows compared to screen cap!!!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
An excellent video depicting the waxing process! :hearts:

There is also a Pello Menos over here not too far from the samba location:

View Larger Map
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 09:13:59 AM by Prophet »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
I lean more towards this one though because it seems to be one of their flagship locations.

View Larger Map

There sure are a lot of Pellos Menos in Rio though so it may be difficult to locate the actual one.

From the video it also looks like that one may be a beauty school or something and one shot shows the entrance and looks like it is in a mall.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 09:43:29 AM by Prophet »

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Way to go caper......... :jam:

On the Pellomenos.com website I found two locations in Copa. I didnt find the one you listed on Rua Tonelero. But the one on Av Ns, Copacabana is walking distance from the beach detour......maybe 3 blocks, 4 tops. It seems that all their shops are in shopping mall type environments.......which makes sense.......catch the ladies when they are shopping.....smart business move.

SANTA CLARA
Av. Ns. Copacabana,680
Sobreloja 206
(entre as Ruas Sta. Clara e Figueiredo
Magalhães / em cima da loja Mr. Cat)

SIQUEIRA CAMPOS
Rua Siqueira Campos, 50 Sobreloja 208 (Esquina com Rua Barata Ribeiro)
( This is the Toneleiro location)

Btw, none of the Centro locations, ie the location of the Samba RB, are open on Saturday.
Dec 11 is a Saturday.

Horários

DE SEGUNDA À SEXTA
Das 09:00 às 19:30

SÁBADO
Das 09:00 às 18:00

Exceto as lojas do
centro da cidade do
Rio de Janeiro
que funcionam
de segunda à sexta-feira
das 08:00 às 19:00h
e não abrem aos sábados

(This says the Centro locations are only open on Mon-Fri. But doesnt mean that Production didnt get them to open on Sat for the Race)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 10:43:39 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline kgallant46

• RFF Not So Newbie
Since it's a slow day for new info, I'm gonna speculate on the F3.  I think Zev/Justin will be Philiminated in Rio and Kisha/Jen or Gallory will win AR18.  I don't think Z/J will do well selling goods on beach (assuming that's one of the detour options).

Doesn't matter to me who wins, as I actually like all the teams left, which has NEVER happened before.

I'm looking forward to Sunday!

Based on the promo posted below, looks like my speculation might be true.  Those running scenes for Gallory, Trotters and Kisha/Jen looked like Miami to me.  Z/J on the beach looked like Rio.  Just my spec tho.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 12:45:09 PM by kgallant46 »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Finally!

Offline ChuyNunez

• RFF Newbie
I think that we should take a moment and think about the race and what we thought prior to the season starting and what happened that led to this final episode.

I remember when the race first started, I really thought the top contenders were going to be the Cowboys, Margie and Luke, Ron and Christina, and the Globetrotters.

Cowboys---season 16 favorites

Margie and Luke---the faces of season 14

Ron and Christina---THEY DOMINATED! towards the end of the season and the one time they were passed up by TK and Rachel, is crossing the finish line--season 12

Globetrotters---Fan Favorites from season 15 who were so charismatic and enjoyable to watch. IDK if they would have beaten meghan and Cheyne, but they definetly were a strong team who did not make the final three in season 15

So now, these were my four top teams going into the race who I really thought would make it far...HOWEVER! I am shocked at the performance from Zev and Justin who DOMINATED! this season! They owned it. Jen and Kisha boutlasted all other teams from season 14 and always placed in middle to top. Globetrotters were not a surprise to still be in, and Gary and Mallory have ran a VERY lucky fortunate race.

In leg one they won the express pass

In leg 5, they would have gone home if they didn't have their express pass(dinasaur challenge)

In leg 9 they were spared from elimination(AND there was only one more NON-elimination left which EVERYONE! thought was going to be in the final four, ut it turned out to be here in the final six)

Now that the final four has been declared, I really have no favorites becuz I was rooting for the globetrotters(BUT! after their uturn of the cowboys idk if i still like them, sorry i just LOVED! the cowboys) Going into this finale, I dont mind who wins, because DARN IT! they deserve to still be there. They have worked hard to make it to the final 4 and who ever wins I'll be happy becuz this season was a great one . Just some things I wanted to express as a true fan :):)

Offline kgallant46

• RFF Not So Newbie
Zev/Justin's detour choices for the last few legs have been really shaky.  I wonder if their good luck has finally run out in Rio?  Don't know what the 2nd detour option is, but unless it's really physical, I can't imagine selling clothes to strangers on a beach is the best choice.  Based on the promo, it doesn't look like they made it to Miami.  Just my speculation tho.

Offline ChuyNunez

• RFF Newbie
So there is NO U-TURN this sunday? :duno:

Offline kgallant46

• RFF Not So Newbie
Sorry, I don't know how to make screenclips.  It looks like Gallory are making drinks in the promo.  Could that be the other Rio detour option??  They're wearing the same clothes as the other Rio clips (Mallory in hot pink, Gary in army green).

Prophet just posted the clip in the Florida thread.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
I have posted some helpful screenshots in the Florida thread. :tup:

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
Sorry, I don't know how to make screenclips.  It looks like Gallory are making drinks in the promo.  Could that be the other Rio detour option??  They're wearing the same clothes as the other Rio clips (Mallory in hot pink, Gary in army green).

Prophet just posted the clip in the Florida thread.

That might explain why Gary & Mallory were wet in that one Taxi cap.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
I SPECULATE, based on the promo, that ZJ are out in the middle.

See here:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,25251.msg610549.html#msg610549

Offline kgallant46

• RFF Not So Newbie
Zev/Justin's detour choices for the last few legs have been really shaky.  I wonder if their good luck has finally run out in Rio?  Don't know what the 2nd detour option is, but unless it's really physical, I can't imagine selling clothes to strangers on a beach is the best choice.  Based on the promo, it doesn't look like they made it to Miami.  Just my speculation tho.

Just a continuation on my original thought.  From what I've seen from this new promo, it looks like making drinks (SHAKING) would be WAY easier than selling clothes (SELLING).  I wonder who else, if any, chose selling over shaking??  If Z/J are out, I would bet this is the reason why.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
So there is NO U-TURN this sunday? :duno:

One thing I have learned and encourage others to do is.... :readtt:

Nope, no U-Turn... Here are a couple quotes from Peach on the subject...

Quote from: georgiapeach on April 27, 2011, 02:44:52 PM
Somebody goofed.

4 go to RIO.

3 race for the finale.

Guaranteed.

AND

And no ZBC...no TBC

And also someone else said there was a U-Turn and up thread, Georgia said in response... Afraid Not.  

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster

Notice the shape of the bottles. They are bottles of cachaca and they are probably making caipirinha cocktails,

Offline TheAmazingRace4Ever

• RFF Jr. Member
Okay...
Roadblock= Samba Task. Zev, Kisha,Big Easy, and Mallory do it?
Detour= selling stuff on a beach (Zev & Justin) or make a cocktail? ( Gary & Mallory)
the waxing is a additional task???
Go Sam & Renae ,  Tyler & Nathan, Alana & Mel, and Jeff & Luke!♥

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
That looks really easy to make. All you need is a lime, cachaca, and sugar. They must have to drink it as well or something. Otherwise the task would take about two minutes. Cachaca is a rum so that could be the problem.
I'm not disputing that that is what it is because you can see the bowls of limes and sugar right in front of them.

I agree, Mr. DizzyingAvatar.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 01:36:08 PM by Prophet »

Offline kgallant46

• RFF Not So Newbie
Okay...
Roadblock= Samba Task. Zev, Kisha,Big Easy, and Mallory do it?
Detour= selling stuff on a beach (Zev & Justin) or make a cocktail? ( Gary & Mallory)
the waxing is a additional task???

Yes, it looks like waxing is an additional task that everyone has to do.  Still amazed that anyone would pick the selling detour over making a drink, unless there's more to it than what we've seen.