Author Topic: EP 9 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 39594 times)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
Re: EP 9 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2011, 08:02:06 PM »
Part of me is sorry that the Cowboys are gone, but it was a smart move to U-Turn them.  They were the strongest team other than Flight Time & Big Easy left and FT & BE knew the Cowboys were behind.  Still, I'd rather have had Kent & Vyksin go rather than the Cowboys.

Belle Book

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2011, 08:02:16 PM »
I actually thought FT and BE are gonna be the first place team. :groan:

mswood, i'm going to fail in your game. I thought that Kent and Vyxsin are TOAST. :groan:
Yeah well its a very good thing I can't get eliminated in your's this week.  Boy that was awful.

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You'll see me in the amazing race soon!
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2011, 08:06:22 PM »
Any "bitching and moaning" should please go into that thread, okay??

They went out with style.

But if Justin hadn't helped The Trotters with the RB, it may have been a different result. :groan:

I think the producers shld set a rule tt teams cant help each other except for intersections. I mean, its not fair at all aint it. Everyone except for the cowboys kent/vyxin zevjustin cheated at the roadblock? Its just ridiculous haha.
"Im sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race" is the most horrible thing to hear on TAR haha :)

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2011, 08:08:43 PM »
Mhmm! I was expecting them to use the number on the odometer. If they didn't have to, someone might as well have just taken a pit stop somewhere and googled the result!

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2011, 08:17:42 PM »
Mhmm! I was expecting them to use the number on the odometer. If they didn't have to, someone might as well have just taken a pit stop somewhere and googled the result!

Precisely. I think this leg is really messed up & unfair lol. But im really glad to be a cowboy fan. They raced in style. :) Thats what i call a true amazing race team.
"Im sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race" is the most horrible thing to hear on TAR haha :)

Offline GeKKou

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2011, 08:20:55 PM »
haven't watched this episode

don't even want to watch it now

cheating again? like i said in ep1, it is negative enough.

sad,sad

life is about cheating.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2011, 08:23:31 PM »
If a team chooses to give an answer to spare another team some time, I don't see that as cheating. In the end helping the other teams proved a successful strategy to get rid of the cowboys.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline kinibug

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2011, 08:24:21 PM »

sad,sad

life is about cheating.

I was watching the live stream but it kept lagging. Don't want to watch it myself now :(

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2011, 08:25:11 PM »
 :'( :'(

(:;) (:;)

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2011, 08:29:18 PM »
If a team chooses to give an answer to spare another team some time, I don't see that as cheating. In the end helping the other teams proved a successful strategy to get rid of the cowboys.

I don't think it was cheating as much as spoiling a task that could've been really difficult and interesting as someone was bound to mess up more than twice.

Offline raina

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2011, 08:30:41 PM »
Jet HAD messed up a lot.  Sure others had as well, but Justin, Jen, Gary, and Vyxsin all looked like they were on the right path.  Only Trotters and Cowboys messed up completely. 

Offline Tobertz

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Go Yellow Team!
« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2011, 08:35:31 PM »
Yey! Gallory are still on it!  :yess: So happy!
I wanna rip a TAR clue envelope someday, =)

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #112 on: April 24, 2011, 08:36:27 PM »
Jet HAD messed up a lot.  Sure others had as well, but Justin, Jen, Gary, and Vyxsin all looked like they were on the right path.  Only Trotters and Cowboys messed up completely. 

Trotters & Jen. Lol. Jen said it herself. But she took the answer from Justin. If the roadblock was fair, the cowboys would have been in. Because jen will b the first to re-do the task, followed by jet & the trotters, which will result in the trotters being eliminated unless jet/cord's electric car broke down or something lol.

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #113 on: April 24, 2011, 08:38:41 PM »

sad,sad

life is about cheating.

haha by cheating i meant not exactly doing the task a proper way. I just don't find it fair because the roadblock is MEANT to be fair. It's a task. If teams could give the answer to another team then whats the point of the roadblock in the first place.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 08:41:54 PM by livingincm »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2011, 08:39:02 PM »

I agree. They lost because they performed badly. Same as the TAR16 finale. No cheating. I love them as a team and love the class they left with.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: April 24, 2011, 08:39:23 PM »

sad,sad

life is about cheating.

haha nah no one cheated bro. It's strategy but i just don't find it fair because the roadblock is MEANT to be fair. It's a task. If teams could give the answer to another team then whats the point of the roadblock in the first place.
Interacting with other racers is still part of the game.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline GeKKou

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #116 on: April 24, 2011, 08:41:07 PM »
oh, should i put it in that way: smart cheating, 'non-traditional cheating' (like sharing resources) will do you really good

you can make some good friends by sharing as well.

the amazing race certainly is a reality show!

« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 08:44:13 PM by GeKKou »

Offline raina

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #117 on: April 24, 2011, 08:44:25 PM »
Jet shouldn't have left Gary like that.  He knew Gary was on the correct path while he had already messed up.  I didn't get why he did.

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #118 on: April 24, 2011, 08:59:27 PM »
Hahah i was thinking.. perhaps phil wasnt on the preview for episode 9 cos he was too sad that jet/cord got eliminated on that leg lol!

Jet shouldn't have left Gary like that.  He knew Gary was on the correct path while he had already messed up.  I didn't get why he did.

If i didn't see correctly gary got stuck behind a large truck and by the time jet looked back gary was out of his sight. Cos it wouldn't make sense for jet to dump his guardian angel haha!

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: April 24, 2011, 09:05:39 PM »
Jen didn't cheat right? She just made sure with Justin that her answer was correct.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: April 24, 2011, 09:28:50 PM »
I think Jet made a poor move by not immediately going back to the start point as soon as he realized he had made wrong turns. How could he possibly get an accurate mileage (or kilometerage) if he was off-course. There was no way that his final number could be correct the way he did it, so going to the end with a bad number just wasted a lot of time. I believe that the train schedules throughout Switzerland run approximately once every hour at about the same time (Note: this is definitely true for Visp to Zermatt). So Jet pretty much guaranteed that his team would reach Zermatt at least one hour behind any other teams that got an accurate number.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #121 on: April 24, 2011, 09:39:26 PM »

But if Justin hadn't helped The Trotters with the RB, it may have been a different result. :groan:

I think all the teams helping one another but the cowboys (and Vyxsin rules on her own) sealed their fate. I can say in someway the teams were aligning to knock the cowboys out of the race.. but the cowboys going solo indirectly sealed their own fate too.

I would have hoped for Globetrotters to be eliminated.. but they've been really good sport these few episodes so my love for them is growing.. as compared to Jet and Cord... :(

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #122 on: April 24, 2011, 09:58:01 PM »

I think the producers shld set a rule tt teams cant help each other except for intersections. I mean, its not fair at all aint it. Everyone except for the cowboys kent/vyxin zevjustin cheated at the roadblock? Its just ridiculous haha.

Gary didn't cheat at the RB I don't think.  Anyhoo... The biggest mistake that the Cowboys made was Jet thinking he was so smart and sneaky and leaving Gary in the dust... Karma baby! Smack in the face at the end.  He should have stayed with Gary.

Offline GeKKou

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2011, 10:39:03 PM »
good point, i wish cord did the RB.

He works well with other teams.

Maybe Cord can bring his wife to race TAR in future.....

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #124 on: April 25, 2011, 07:15:40 AM »
Wow, I'm actually surprised that Jet and Cord were eliminated at 6th place. I thought they'd be going to the Final 3! One reason I love this season so much - we just don't know who's going.

Yay for Gary and Mallory staying alive! I thought that they were toast at the beginning of the leg when their cab driver was going so slowly and put them in last place. Thankfully, they caught up!

And who'd have thought that Zev and Justin would be doing so well this season! First place four times? Wow. I thought that they'd be gone by the Final 6/7, but they're still here and going so strong.

I'm sad that Jet and Cord were eliminated. Gary and Mallory survived, but Jet and Cord didn't, so my 3 favourite teams have left in a row. Sigh.

The awesome thing is... We don't know who's winning this! It's so hard to tell!
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`