Introducing #CBSAllAccess Get all 16 seasons of #BigBrother+stream CBS shows instantly for $5.99/mo. Free 1 week trial.

Author Topic: Your Biggest TAR Pet Peeves?  (Read 8540 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formerly known as Platinum
Re: Your Biggest TAR Pet Peeves?
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2016, 12:47:42 PM »
I miss Phil showing us details about the country they were presently in at the Pit Start instead of random unnecessary eat, sleep, mingle moments =/

I thought in the early seasons, they showed a little bit of the "in between" stuff. Maybe I'm wrong in thinking that?

I like how they were able to show both in the past. :( I'm learning more with Phil's narration on the nation's history and culture though.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2016, 12:48:56 PM »
I miss Phil showing us details about the country they were presently in at the Pit Start instead of random unnecessary eat, sleep, mingle moments =/

I thought in the early seasons, they showed a little bit of the "in between" stuff. Maybe I'm wrong in thinking that?

They did sometimes, but never at the expense of Phil talking about the location. And when we did see it, it would be part of a storyline, like Reichert and Chip coming out to the remaining teams or Alex getting together with Tara

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2016, 01:11:39 PM »
I hate it when hosts of other versions or Phil in some recent seasons say "You're the xth team to arrive" to announce placements instead of the tried and true "You're team number x!". At this point I'm Pavlovian conditioned to expect a "but..." when they do that and it just really throws me off.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2016, 02:25:27 PM »
They did sometimes, but never at the expense of Phil talking about the location. And when we did see it, it would be part of a storyline, like Reichert and Chip coming out to the remaining teams or Alex getting together with Tara

That's what I meant. :P

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lurking somewhere in real life...
« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2016, 11:04:07 PM »
Delete please.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 11:09:37 PM by Hooky »
"The authority of example and considerations of character, unlike pudding, are not whipped up in an instant." - Neal A. Maxwell

Online Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • sass
« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2016, 10:53:24 AM »
Damn, I hate it when Phil is like "(team name here) is standing right behind me grabbing their next clue for a De-Tour", I mean just explain the De-Tour and go away
I totally agree with this. I don't want to hear NFL-style play-by-play announcements on the show. It's a distraction.
I like to think that this segment took away the calling of all Pit Stop placements. :groan:
This needs a bump, because when the live commentary was implemented (& placements started to rarely be called out), I started to dislike Phil as a host.

Offline gamerfan09

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • You're not going to serve. You're going to die.
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2016, 05:55:33 PM »
Phil has still been an awesome host and definitely my favorite of the big three. (Phil>>>>>>>Chenbot>>>>>>>J*ff Pr*bst).

The live commentary is forced but if that's what they make Phil do, then =/

The secret scenes still rock though, especially at the Pit Stop, it's still so much fun to see Phil throw out random quips and questions and talk with the teams!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2016, 06:05:51 PM »
Yeah, I don't care for the live commentary, either. Phil in recent seasons is becoming a lot more stiff and forced compared to how he used to be, and obviously production tells him what to say.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2016, 06:16:45 PM »
Phil has still been an awesome host and definitely my favorite of the big three. (Phil>>>>>>>Chenbot>>>>>>>J*ff Pr*bst).

Regarding the bold: Heh. What are the asterisks for?

Online Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • sass
« Reply #109 on: May 12, 2016, 10:09:02 AM »
Jeff is the best host out of those 3 by a mile lol

Offline gamerfan09

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2016, 11:02:16 AM »

Regarding the bold: Heh. What are the asterisks for?

It's a very dramatic way of hinting that you hate someone :lol:

Jeff is the best host out of those 3 by a mile lol

No lol? Jeff's apparent misogyny (come on, everytime a guy does well they air his comment saying X in the lead ready to win and then if a girl does well he goes "SHOCKER!!! WILL [INSERT MALE CONTESTANT FORMERLY IN LEAD] CATCH UP???") and blatant favoritism sucks.

But let's move on bc this is about TAR =P

To add something to the TAR conversation, I really dislike it when teams intentionally bicker with each other just to get airtime or try to be funny. Being natural is the way to go on the Race.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2016, 09:23:39 PM »
To add something to the TAR conversation, I really dislike it when teams intentionally bicker with each other just to get airtime or try to be funny. Being natural is the way to go on the Race.
Like... Tim & Marie? I HATED them in the beginning of their Race because of their """""Bickering"""""
Phil would be like "Tim & Marie FOUGHT!"
Marie in the most forced way: "I didn't know they made people as dumb as you!"

But... who are you talking about? :lol:

My pet peeve would have to be boring/linear final legs. STOP putting that one "extreme" task in every final leg.

Offline gamerfan09

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2016, 09:25:38 PM »
Like... Tim & Marie? I HATED them in the beginning of their Race because of their """""Bickering"""""
Phil would be like "Tim & Marie FOUGHT!"
Marie in the most forced way: "I didn't know they made people as dumb as you!"

But... who are you talking about? :lol:

My pet peeve would have to be boring/linear final legs. STOP putting that one "extreme" task in every final leg.

Yeah, I meant Tim & Marie at the start :lol:

I loved them but let's be real, a lot of it was forced.

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2016, 10:33:33 PM »
Seeing a landslide victory just like tonight.  Compare that with Bates and Anthony in the final leg of TAR22.

Online BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2016, 09:49:25 AM »

[/quote]

Yeah I know! Sometimes they work like in S26 I thought the tasks were really cool! But look at Season 27's finale it was amazing! Was there an extreme task... No! (Unless you count the fireman roadblock)

Custom Search