Author Topic: Top 7 Discussion  (Read 10630 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Top 7 Discussion
« on: April 21, 2011, 10:50:39 AM »
For the most part everyone performed well. But I am not a totally happy camper. Is it just me? I thought James was given better treatment than any of the other performers with the costume, the lighting effects, the grand entrance with the drummers. (I was OK with the drummers.)  It was hard to perform after his main event.  :lol:

Who will go home? Stefano? He got horrible, HORRIBLE lighting, lime, sickie-green!

My prediction for bottom 3, Stefano, Casey and Hayley. I think it will be Stefano.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Top 7 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 11:10:19 AM »
Gossip!  :yess:

Apr 21 2011 05:27 AM ET

'American Idol': Steven Tyler's F-bomb and Jacob Lusk's musical snafu, on the scene of Top 7 performance night
by Adam B. Vary

The mystery of Jacob’s botched cue: On TV, it looked like Jacob was perhaps overcome with emotion at the outset of “Dance with My Father”; but, for what it’s worth, it was clear to everyone in the studio that something had gone seriously wrong musically. As Jacob began singing, the strings section situated behind Jacob began plunking to a drum beat at odds with the song; mere seconds later, the strings and pretty much the whole band stopped playing at all, save for a piano emphatically delivering the song’s melody line. Finally, for a brief second, Jacob stopped singing and shot a quick glance at band director Ray Chew — as if to say “what the heck is going on?” — and the air kinda left the room. But Jacob soldiered on, and when he hit the chorus, the audience spontaneously began applauding him, pretty much willing him to make it through.

Casey isn’t quite the devil he seems to be: Thanks to the camera angle, it appeared as though J.Lo was turning away from Casey when he sang his final notes mere inches from her face. She was, in fact, playing along, turning one ear towards him as if to say, “Whisper it to me, baby.” Boy, did he.

F-bomb fallout: Yes, if it wasn’t abundantly clear already, Steven Tyler said “f—ing” on live TV (except without the dashes). It was also abundantly clear that all those times when Tyler had been bleeped before on the show were false alarms, given the reaction by pretty much everyone within earshot of Tyler last night — especially exec producer Nigel Lythgoe, who spent a good 30 seconds standing with his hand buried into his hair. Eventually he, Fox reality TV head Mike Darnell, and Fox TV chairman Peter Rice, the big boss man himself, made their way over to the judges table, practically surrounding Steven. But everyone was, at least outwardly, all smiles. Rice and Tyler even hugged it out, although Rice did then appear to have a more serious conversation with Tyler while a make-up artist touched up the lip marks on his left cheek. (Tyler‘s left cheek, I mean.) Eventually, Nigel began calling for a piece of gaffing tape to put on Steven’s mouth; when it arrived, Nigel deadened the adhesive by rubbing it on his shirt a few times. Those lips must be protected from harm, even if they do occasionally dangle six-figure FCC fines over Rupert Murdoch’s head.

More here!

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 11:55:28 AM »
I thought that this was just an okay night for me... I wasn't too impressed with anyone. And seeing that this is the Top 7, I'm actually pretty disappointed. Hmm.

Scotty - I was bored by his performance. It was alright, but it felt lethargic to me. His mood didn't match up to the song, he could have owned the stage more. I thought that the judges would give him swell comments anyway, but yay for JLo and Randy saying what I thought!

James - I didn't believe it when the judges thought it was gonna be the best performance of the night. I thought it was a great performance, but it didn't have me jumping out of my seats. But after watching the rest of the performances that didn't impress me too much either, in my opinion, his was the best performance of the night.

Haley - I thought that the song suited her, but I'm not sure if it's enough for her this week. It's almost forgettable, IMO. I think she's gonna be in danger again this week...

Jacob - It was an emotional performance, but once again I wasn't impressed. Apparently DialIdol has put him one of the top for the voting, which surprised me. I thought that he could be going this week but seeing that he delivered such a heartfelt performance and looking at the votes... Maybe not. Unless it's another surprise elimination.

Casey - It was a good performance, but I'm not sure if it fitted him. He left me a little confused at the end. I was like, so what kinda musician is he really? Casey doesn't strike me as a rocker, but more of a bluesy, jazzy kinda guy. I felt that he could have leaned towards that, personally.

Stefano - I don't know if it was as great as the judges made it out to be, 'cos to be honest, I felt a little weird. His outfit was weird, he seemed a little awkward, and to me he didn't have the swagger that was needed to carry out the song. So even though he shook things up this week, I feel that he's the most likely candidate to go home, sadly.

Lauren - I would say that this was the second best performance of the night. It was a little safe for me, but it was very Lauren. And that last part where Ryan asked if she believed that she could win it, she reminded me of Lee DeWyze, how the judges kept asking him to be more confident and believe in himself. They're doing the same to Lauren this time! And I really, really hope that she goes all the way and wins it.

You know, I can actually picture a Lauren-James final two, with Lauren ultimately winning. It'd be a Carrie-Bo Bice all over again! How cool is that. We'll see if it comes to pass! Lol.

DialIdol has already given us the bottom three - Haley, Stefano, Casey. But I just might switch Casey with Jacob, I'm not too sure about that. But I feel that it's game over for Stefano... =/
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 02:58:43 PM »
Didn't wow me but I still like him.  :tup:

Scotty:

« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 05:42:51 PM by TexasLady »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 03:06:38 PM »
What can I say... Headliner, screamer, entertainer!

James:

« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 05:35:40 PM by TexasLady »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 03:10:16 PM »
Hayley! (Red lighting, is it really a bad thing?) Randy was WRONG! She was not "sharp" hitting her high notes, she did it beautifully!

« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 03:13:17 PM by TexasLady »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 03:16:09 PM »
Jacob! (You can see that he stops, then looks at the band, finally removes the earpiece..) He didn't oversing, he held back. Sometimes the judges comments drive me nutz.. first they tell him to hold back don't overpower, then they (Randy) say don't hold back.  :groan:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 03:19:23 PM »
Casey!  I like love Casey, but I am a little tired of the growl thing.. I think he does better with the bass guitar. (Red background and lighting...)

« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 05:20:12 PM by TexasLady »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 03:23:43 PM »
Stefano! He deserved better last night, horrible lighting, rarely is dressed to compliment his style of singing. ETA, just playing it back they slicked up his hair and gave him more of a James look. Much better. Lighting still disturbs me.. Pea green!  :ascared

« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 05:14:59 PM by TexasLady »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 03:31:23 PM »
Lauren: Born To Fly LOVED this..

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 04:07:32 AM »
O M G. Lauren was AMAZING. I knew Stefano's gone but.. LAUREN WAS AMAZING.

Sorry. LAUREN IS STILL AMAZING. :lol3:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 09:18:48 AM »
Thanks TL for posting them!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 11:15:06 AM »
Haley is still in this!

Stefano may be gone but i'm one step closer in believing and trusting that America will put Haley in the Top 5 at least!

I've said this since day 1 and i'll still believe in it.. Haley has the voice and got what it takes to win!!! :hearts:

HALEY AND LAUREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

THE GUYS... BOOO! BORING! :lol:

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2011, 11:18:25 AM »
Okay that wasn't a surprising elimination tonight. But I was still rather sad. Hee. I'm still worried for Haley though. I think it's between Jacob and Haley leaving next week. But since Jacob was in the bottom two this week, voters might vote like crazy and Haley will be the one getting the boot instead.

But seriously. Save the girls please!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2011, 11:26:00 AM »
I voted like a mad person for both Hayley and Lauren, not that I think it really helps, it's just a drop in the bucket but it can't hurt.

I do think Casey and Jacob are the weakest of the guys. Casey lost his momentum with his illness and Jacob is good but others are better.
I do hope Hayley and Lauren survive!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2011, 11:29:55 AM »
The scenario of only one girl left in the Final 5 might just happen again this season. :lol:

GO HALEY. GO ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP 4.

I think Jacob's next, followed by Casey.. i won't be surprise if Scotty's going anytime too. His fan base seemed huge but NON-EXISTANT. :duno:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 11:49:18 AM »
I agree with you about Scotty. And actually if he left now he'd end up being a bigger winner than he would if he won AI. The winners are so controlled that they suffer from it with their recordings. He seems to have a big fan base but can he keep it, he was not outstanding this week, he was just safe. His place is in country music.

Casey could last a bit longer because of the odious VFTW but I don't see him lasting to the end. He will be off soon probably after Jacob.

I really hope that Hayley and Lauren last till we see who is still in it at final 4. (Wow just typing this, that's just a few weeks off!)

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2011, 11:55:59 AM »
I think Scotty reminds me of Aaron Kelly. Cute, young guy who sings safe, nice songs every week. But I'd think Scotty has a slightly larger fanbase, as he's never landed in the bottom three while Aaron Kelly has. I think Scotty would be an F4 boot hmm.

Next week's genre looks good for Haley if she really picks the right song. I'm hoping, I'm hoping. Then again if it's good for Haley, it's good for Casey too.

Still holding on to hope that Lauren and James make the final two. They'd be absolutely deserving! Of course Haley deserves it too, but based on her fanbase... Nah.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2011, 04:58:25 PM »
after watching haley sing Adele the other night i cant help but thing her locomotion is going upwards! she's gonna bring it full steam soon enough.

I luv :hrt: Lauren but i think she doesn't have that complete confidence we got to see on her auditions.  If she can get some FEIRCENESS in herstep she could be a F2
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2011, 05:44:48 PM »
after watching haley sing Adele the other night i cant help but thing her locomotion is going upwards! she's gonna bring it full steam soon enough.

I luv :hrt: Lauren but i think she doesn't have that complete confidence we got to see on her auditions.  If she can get some FEIRCENESS in herstep she could be a F2

I agree with you about Hayley. I just realized, Hayley is older, 20, and Lauren is 15. Quite an age difference and probably maturity as well. Yet, when I hear them, them seem equal to me, but she does need to gain confidence and hopefully she will. She just has to grow up a little bit, she's better than she thinks she is. They all will benefit going on the tour this summer.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2011, 06:40:36 PM »
I wonder if they take age into account??

All very well for the competition, but it is a different matter when it comes to having recording contracts, chaperones, school issues to deal with. A non-minor would be much easier for the producers to manage.

And yeah, I know that technically they don't decide, but they can def influence the votes.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2011, 09:52:42 PM »
Goooo Haley and Lauren... give us the ALL-FEMALE final 2 we lacked since SEASON 3. :res: :res: :res: :res: :res: :res: :res:

Offline franxaverian

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2011, 11:17:21 AM »
Goodbye Stefano....I'm gonna miss his studio recordings. Bye-bye my tiny dancer.... :waves:

I'm with you, Joab.

I had a bad feeling towards Haley's position if we remember Siobhan last season.....Hopefully we still get the moment from AI 3 when 2 girls sing in final(I still can't believe Melinda Doolittle was robbed in season 6...)

I'm not familiar with Carole King at all but after I see her discography, I reckon Haley pick 'I Feel the Earth Move'.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2011, 01:20:22 AM »
I can't believe Haley is in the Bottom 3 last week. :meow:

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2011, 04:06:26 PM »
I'm so excited to have Carole King songs.  High School days listening to her Tapestry album (yes album not CD).  I would love to see Haley and Lauren in the top 2! :hearts: