Author Topic: Top 8 Discussion  (Read 14793 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: Top 8 Discussion
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2011, 03:48:21 PM »

Lauren Alina

Paul McDonald

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2011, 03:50:32 PM »
Stefano Langone

Scotty McCreery

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2011, 08:56:37 PM »
I think Paul's time is up.

You nailed it! I'm sure VFTW will be pushing for Casey.

I am glad Paul is gone but he probably will have a good future. His style of song has a market, at least I think it does. I liked his version of "Maggie May" one of the few songs I've really liked from him.

Final 7, the time is fast approaching when we're down to 2.

I thinK Jacob is the new Lil Rounds. He doesn't interest young voters to want to vote for him and he doesn't really excite us with extremely powerful vocals. 7th place is a good place for him to get eliminated.

James is the new Adam. His genre of songs only interest that one particular group of people to vote for him. That one particular group is large enough to vote for him and give him enough votes to coast to the next few rounds.. but when it comes to a point that the same people are voting each week and votes are not increasing, his time will be up soon.

Casey is the new Taylor Hicks. He's an oddball and the only difference is that he's young.. but looks REALLY OLD. He doesn't interest young viewers to want to vote for him but the adults might find him to be a cute talent. Either he's going to do REALLY well.. or he's going to be out real quick if he continues with his substandard weird performances. (I honestly still don't like it) I believe that for Casey to go even further, he has to do an extreme makeover. Completely shaved, dressed in a suit and even if he doesn't sing good that week, he'll be safe. Let's see if he takes my advice.

As for Scotty, he's cute, he's sincere and he's here to stay. But i think he's going to be in the Bottom 2/3 real soon. I am guessing he will be a F4 boot. His fan base, like James, is still the same.. just that it's larger with young girls and older woman (who love country music) :lol:

Lauren is the only one who's constantly gaining votes with her personality, character and singing/performance each week. Last week, she sang such a current song like "The Climb", sang it so well and grabbed the attention of us and also the entire stage. Her voice is very (radio-like), i'm copying's Kara comments, meaning she's current, she's young and she's the most ideal candidate to be the AI if AI still wants to do really well this year despite the old judges departure.

I really think it's time for a female to win and they should seriously just put Lauren in the final two. That girl has the Jordin Sparks potential and i see her going really far. She can sing almost ANYTHING and sound so NICE with the song!

Offline franxaverian

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2011, 09:48:34 PM »
I'd have to say that Casey is the new Lil' Rounds, not Jacob. Both of them seems like a top contender from semifinal but has quite underperformed in the finals.

Jacob, for me is the new Gokey...always tries to sing every song in high-pitch notes.

That's my thought...

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2011, 03:23:14 AM »
I'd have to say that Casey is the new Lil' Rounds, not Jacob. Both of them seems like a top contender from semifinal but has quite underperformed in the finals.

Jacob, for me is the new Gokey...always tries to sing every song in high-pitch notes.

That's my thought...

I think Casey has some good and some bad weeks. Jacob don't impress like Gokey.. but you're right.. they all won't win in the end. :lol3:

Offline franxaverian

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2011, 07:19:19 AM »
@Joab:  :lol3: agreed...Jacob won't win. Someone from your list would. Too bad, Pia Toscano on your list would have to be crossed out....

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2011, 12:45:46 AM »
@Joab:  :lol3: agreed...Jacob won't win. Someone from your list would. Too bad, Pia Toscano on your list would have to be crossed out....

I'm still refusing the fact that she's out. :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2011, 03:20:01 AM »
BEST PERFORMANCE (AND MEMORABLE) OF THE NIGHT: Lauren
GOOD PERFORMANCE: James
OKAY PERFORMANCE: Scotty, Stefano, Hayley, Jacob
BAD PERFORMANCE: Casey, Paul

I think Scotty, Jacob, Lauren and James are confirmed SAFE.

Stefano, Hayley and Paul will be our BOTTOM 3. Paul and Hayley will be the BOTTOM 2. Paul will be going home.

Just a guess. I don't think Hayley will be heading home. Some of the female votes might have went to her. And of course most might have went to Lauren and maybe a little to Stefano.

Okay, i didn't know that i was spot on for the Bottom 3. I thought Haley didn't make the Bottom 3 and Jacob did! Now i'm really scared!!!

I should stop my prediction. Thank God she's not the Bottom 2!