Author Topic: Top 9 Discussion  (Read 21200 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Top 9 Discussion
« on: April 06, 2011, 04:25:05 PM »
Tonight's performances will be from the Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame. (This should be a really good show!)

Nigel Lythgoe Previews Tonight's Episode Of Idol
   Wednesday, 06 April 2011 12:35
   Herb

American Idol Executive Producer Nigel Lythgoe phoned in to Ryan Seacrest's radio show this morning to preview tonight's show.

Nigel says the finalists will be performing "some of the greatest songs in American pop history.” Adding, ”the kids have had the entire Rock ‘N’ Roll Hall of Fame layout, it’s wonderful music from it’s inductees there, and the kids have chosen some great songs.”

Legendary guitarist Jeff Beck was scheduled to perform with the finalists tonight but he has taken ill, Nigel revealed. Lindsey Bunkingham was going to step in for Jeff but after the interview, AI producers learned that Lindsey won't be able to perform either.

(Sorry Joab for not letting you start the discussion this week.)  :<3

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: Top 9 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 08:18:04 AM »
OMG. TL, go ahead and do it! I'm just viewing the videos now! :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 08:22:18 AM »
I'm listening to Jacob now. It sounds good on audio and i think he didn't "OVER PERFORM" this week.

It was really good and soothing to the ears! A very good rendition to the song and a good opener for the show tonight!

So glad the judges loved his performance too! I agree with Jennifer (best judge this season IMO).. he stuck to himself and it worked out well.

Agreed with Randy too... Jacob moment.. finally!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 08:29:33 AM »
I actually watched some of the show last night. :lol: Actually I only saw Pia and Stefano.
I think Pia could potentially redeem the female drought Idol has had the past few years.
Stefano was just all right. A little too much falsetto for my tastes.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 08:44:34 AM »
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Haley started SEXY. The first note was so good!

SHE SANG SO WELL... EVERY BIT OF THE SONG WAS SEXY....... <333333333333333

She's a contender and they need to be careful with her!

I TOLD YA ALL THAT HALEY HAD IT IN HER SINCE THE TOP 13... I NEVER GIVE UP HOPE AND I'M GLAD SHE DIDN'T DISAPPOINT EITHER.

HALEY IS <33333333333333333

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 08:48:09 AM »
Casey... i didn't like this performance this week. The inclusion of the instrument was great and unique. But i found the performance a tad too boring and lazy... i wished he could have stuck to crazy vocals with crazy personality.. that's the Casey we know.. right?

His vocals didn't seem to be as good as the previous weeks as well.. maybe it's just me.. but he couldn't hit some of the notes.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 08:54:07 AM »
The moment i heard Lauren say she's singing "Natural Woman" i was like.. OMG, she's going to either have her moment... or totally ruin her chances. Because this song is such a great and very distinct song that has been sang throughout all these years on Idol.. she has to be really good to standout!

Okay, i've never commented about fashion.. but Lauren's outfit didn't suit her today!

I don't think Lauren did a good job with her performance. She should have gone up way much higher with her range.. i felt like she didn't hit the "Lauren moment" that she should have done so with such a powerful song like this.

But it was a decent performance.. she didn't blow me away.. but i'll take it for now.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 08:54:55 AM »
As Randy put it.. she took a big song and did well.. didn't blow me away.. but good enough for Top 8!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 08:58:26 AM »
When i heard James's song choice.. I thought he's really going to do very well with the song. It's like breaking himself away from a "Adam Lambert 2.0" Impression!

The song was very soulful... but i was wrong. I don't think James sang it well. It was so boring and i inevitably compared him to Adam again and I remembered how Adam slayed each and every song including the slow emotional songs..

The part that highlights James performance today was again when he went high pitch mode... and he can't just rely on that every week.

BAD PERFORMANCE FOR ME, IMO.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 09:02:36 AM »
Okay.. Scotty's finally doing something DIFFERENT THIS WEEK! :hearts:

I thought from a female audience POV, they probably all went mad during + after the performance. :lol3:

TOO SEXY. :lol:

But from a male audience POV, good vocals, fun to watch, high entertainment value. Memorable performance, one of the best performance of the night. And that, will keep him even longer in the competition. :lol:

The thing that Scotty has... is a very good distinctive voice that no one else has. When he sings, we all know it's HIS SONG and HIS OWN PERFORMANCE.

Scotty's got some hot stuff going on there huh?!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 09:07:39 AM »
PIA.. = SMOKING HOT. OMG. :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :meow: :meow: :meow: :hearts:

NOW, THAT'S TRUE GOOD OLD ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :colors :colors

Best performance of the night so far. OMG! :hearts:

TOO SEXY. TOO SEXY. SHE'S IN IT TO WIN. OMG. :yess:

I think she swayed me to become a fan already. How did she get eliminated during Hollywood Rounds in SEASON 6?!??!!!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 09:15:44 AM »
Stefano.. Stefano.. he needs to perform to his best this week.. otherwise he could be the first guy going home!

I think she swayed some female audiences over with that soulful performance of his.. i still think he's a great singer and he's going to be in the F6 at least...

That leaves us with... no idea who's going to be eliminated tomorrow. :meow: :duno:

The last note was the best IMO.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 09:18:56 AM »
Paul... the one who should have went home last week.

To be frank, he did well this week. I liked his performance and thought he really closed the show well!

The guitar playing was extremely good and entertaining too, the last part of the performance when he started clapping was really apt for the song too!

Apparently, he's staying around for another week.. i think!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 09:34:02 AM »
I thought everyone did well last night even Paul, he was in his element. I loved that Jacob pulled back, he should do this from now on. He needs to work on performing.

LOVE Haley!

Casey always entertains me.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 09:36:32 AM »
Okay, frankly i don't know who's going home.

BEST PERFORMANCE: Pia, Scotty
GOOD PERFORMANCE: Jacob, Haley, Paul
OKAY PERFORMANCE: Lauren, Stefano
BAD PERFORMANCE: Casey, James

Okay, with all the girls who can't survive gone.. we only have Paul, Haley and Stefano who has been in the Bottom 3 and Casey who got saved. But I highly doubt Casey will be in danger.

Based on that, i think the Bottom 3 tomorrow will be Stefano, Haley and... James/Paul. If Haley or Stefano's not in the Bottom 3 and someone else is.. i'll be shocked. I wouldn't be surprise if Jacob makes the first appearance in the Bottom 3 either.

SAFE PEOPLE FOR SURE = Pia, Scotty, Lauren, Casey

I hope it's Paul going home.. because he's inconsistent!! *prays* But with the last spot on last night show, he's most likely safe again as he had a good performance.

My Prediction will be Haley, Jacob and James in the Bottom 3. With James or Jacob going home. SHALL PRAY FOR HALEY'S SAFETY! :meow:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 09:42:11 AM »
Lauren! Loved her performance. She's getting better every week.

James, what can you say? Every week he blows it out of the park. He'll be a finalist if not the winner of this season.
(Never thought I'd say this!) I loved that he didn't do his screaming, he just sang the song but with such emotion.

Scotty! I am so happy he did something a little different but he didn't try to do an Elvis impression, he made it his own. Whoohoo! Go Scotty!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2011, 09:44:15 AM »
Looks like we have different impression of James, TL! :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2011, 09:45:18 AM »
DialIdol predicted James, Pia and Scotty to be safe.

Paul, Jacob and Stefano with the least votes. :jam: :ascared

IMAGINE A ALL MALE BOTTOM 3? :lol3:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2011, 09:53:52 AM »
Pia! Steven: "Murderer! Murderer!! You killed it!" (And she did!)

Stefano. I thought this was one of his best performances. I see that he is in the bottom three but I hope he survives tonight.

For me, Paul redeemed himself last night. He's not the best of the guys this year but this is what he should be doing.
He was jazzed and it showed. Great show closer!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2011, 10:08:22 AM »
Okay, frankly i don't know who's going home.

BEST PERFORMANCE: Pia, Scotty
GOOD PERFORMANCE: Jacob, Haley, Paul
OKAY PERFORMANCE: Lauren, Stefano
BAD PERFORMANCE: Casey, James

Okay, with all the girls who can't survive gone.. we only have Paul, Haley and Stefano who has been in the Bottom 3 and Casey who got saved. But I highly doubt Casey will be in danger.

Based on that, i think the Bottom 3 tomorrow will be Stefano, Haley and... James/Paul. If Haley or Stefano's not in the Bottom 3 and someone else is.. i'll be shocked. I wouldn't be surprise if Jacob makes the first appearance in the Bottom 3 either.

SAFE PEOPLE FOR SURE = Pia, Scotty, Lauren, Casey

I hope it's Paul going home.. because he's inconsistent!! *prays* But with the last spot on last night show, he's most likely safe again as he had a good performance.

My Prediction will be Haley, Jacob and James in the Bottom 3. With James or Jacob going home. SHALL PRAY FOR HALEY'S SAFETY! :meow:

Whoa! You think James is in danger? He has never been my favorite but I acknowledge that he is good. I so hope Haley survives. It's time for Paul to go. I thought Stefano did a great job last night, hopefully he can stay another week.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2011, 10:11:33 AM »
I do believe that the switch from rock to soft... doesn't suit James and might put him in danger this week. I didn't like it, from my personal POV..

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2011, 10:40:11 AM »
I do believe that the switch from rock to soft... doesn't suit James and might put him in danger this week. I didn't like it, from my personal POV..

Interesting observation. I hadn't thought about his total change of style. That could be off putting as a fan. :umn:

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2011, 10:50:16 AM »
WHAT A TOP 9!!!!!! WHAT A NIGHT!!!!! I honestly have NO idea who's gonna go home. They were all SO good!

Jacob - It was a great start to the show. I was worried for him as this is clearly not his genre, but I thought he did really well. Maybe not AMAZING, but it was great.

Haley - I LOVED her performance. I love that growl in her voice, and when she hit that high note, I was about to flip over, I was totally WOW-ed. America NEEDS to keep her in! No bottom three please!!

Casey - I enjoyed his performance. Yeah it wasn't fantastic, but I thought it was really nice, soothing and sweet. And I don't know if anyone's with me, but I feel that the Save did something to him. It seems to me that after he got saved, that huge ego bubble that used to surround him has now burst and transformed him into a more humble, down-to-earth Casey. I actually prefer this side of him! To just stay grounded and sing properly.

Lauren - It was a good rendition of a great song, but I'm worried for her tonight. She was placed in the middle, and her performance wasn't stunning. I feel that she could be in the bottom three tonight... But I HOPE that she doesn't go home... Please let us not lose anymore girls!

James - I was wondering if James ever would show a soft side to him but seeing that tonight was Rock 'n' Roll night, I thought that nah, not this week. But he surprised me by coming out with a soft, emotional song. And you know what, I really really loved it. I felt his emotions, and I love how he took such a big risk by stripping it down on such a big night. He's just made me root for him now!

Scotty - I was REALLY worried for Scotty. But wow, I think he proved everyone wrong tonight. While I wasn't blown away by his performance, I really enjoyed it. And yes, he showed an entertainment value that I haven't seen before. I'm still not a Scotty fan... But I'm beginning to think that he could actually win this thing.

Pia - I have nothing to say about her vocals, they were spectacular as usual. But that was a performance I'd rather hear than watch on national TV. I agree every bit with Jennifer, that if there is one thing Pia has to work on, it'd be her moves. I found her rather stiff while doing the song. But I still love her and think she's incredible. Go Pia!!!

Stefano - It was an emotional, passionate performance, but I felt that he pushed it too much. And seeing that he's been doing ballads for the past few weeks, I'm thinking he could be in trouble tonight.

Paul - I was having a lot of hopes that he would finally be gone tonight but wow, he delivered a strong, solid performance tonight. Plus the fact that he was given the last spot, I guess he'll be safe again...

Overall, I'm really really impressed with tonight's performances. I can't even begin to predict who will be voted off. But I pray that it'll be a guy. We can't afford to lose anymore girls, man... My wild guess for the bottom three would be Stefano, Jacob and Lauren. But heck, even Paul or Haley could be in the bottom. Scotty, Pia, Casey and James should be safe. Ahhhhh please let Jacob or Paul go home! But if a guy were to go home, I think it'll be Stefano. Man I can't wait for the results tomorrow. Okay I won't ask for too much, as long as it's not a girl... Lol.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2011, 04:40:42 PM »
I LOVED Pia! Fantastic!  :<3

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2011, 10:07:32 PM »
OH NO!  Major mistake tonight!! The wrong person went home.

Spoiler: *** Pia, Stefano, Jacob in the bottom 3, Jacob and Stefano save and Pia out! ***

:'(

(Highlight between the ***'s)

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2011, 11:51:44 PM »
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!   :'( :'( They shoulda used the Save now instead!!!!! OMG.... :( :'(

Offline franxaverian

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2011, 01:56:54 AM »
I think that season 11 would have 2 judges' save....I think they first created judges' save because of untimely Carly's elimination after she sang great "Jesus Christ Superstar" which Simon deemed as the best performance of the night....After this, the producer might think of having 2 saves.....

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( with tonight's elimination result....

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2011, 02:27:14 AM »
I don't think it was Pia's time to go but she would not have made it much further.  Yes she is beautiful and has a fantastic voice but she is boring.  Then again I haven't voted yet because I don't have a favorite yet.  James should make it far due to Autismspeaks.  I am proud of him but still worry about a break down.  Some of the guys need to go.  I think Lauren will be the last woman standing.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2011, 03:46:05 AM »
WHAT THE HECK. WHAT THE HECK. WHAT THE HECK?!?!?!?!?!

First, I'm shocked that ANOTHER girl actually went home. Second, I'm shocked that that girl was PIA. WHAT?!?!?!

Man I really have nothing to say. I did NOT see that coming AT ALL. First, she lands in the bottom three, which I already wasn't expecting. And I was sure that either Jacob or Stefano would go. Then she gets eliminated and I'm like... WHAT ON EARTH????

Pia was the only hope for the girls and now she's gone. What's the world coming to!

Big, big mistake. Yeah I don't think she'd win even if she'd stayed longer. But heck, she deserves every bit to make it to the Final 2!

Now I wish the judges hadn't used the Save so early. Pia?!?!?! Eliminated?????

I'd be okay if even Haley or Lauren were to be eliminated but Pia... That was a wrong, wrong choice.

Oh gosh, I'm so upset I don't even know what to say. Jennifer Hudson elimination replay? Gosh...  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2011, 05:35:39 AM »
I agreeTL. Why did _____ have to go home?  :'(

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2011, 10:05:06 AM »
Okay.. i wasn't a big Pia fan (more of Haley and Lauren) but i do agree she should have been in the Final 5 at least. Now at least we know the remaining 2 girls are going far, most probably.

I think Haley is amazing. She's still here despite being in the Bottom 2 for the first 2 weeks.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2011, 12:04:39 PM »
I do think the wrong person went home, we can't have just the boys it will be too boring and I don't want to see Lauren or Hayley leave!

The weaker singers are Paul, Jacob, Stefano, Casey. I hate to say Casey but he hasn't stepped up and performed like he did in the auditions or else it is my perception of him because of his illness. The over reaction when he was eliminated then saved may have projected weakness to those who vote. I say this even though I like Casey.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2011, 12:12:54 PM »
Six boys and two girls left? :lol3:  This is worse than last year. Not only has the show deteriorated over the past few years the voters get crazier every year.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2011, 12:18:17 PM »
I think part of the problem is the judging and I love the new judges, they've brought expertise, encouragement and love to the kids but Simon would weed out the weak to save the stronger contestants. J Lo and Steven really don't slam their performances although J Lo did tell Pia that she needed to work on her performance. Randy tries but he's not Simon and he can't pull it off.  :lol:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2011, 12:22:03 PM »
I think part of the problem is the judging and I love the new judges, they've brought expertise, encouragement and love to the kids but Simon would weed out the weak to save the stronger contestants. J Lo and Steven really don't slam their performances although J Lo did tell Pia that she needed to work on her performance. Randy tries but he's not Simon and he can't pull it off.  :lol:

I wholeheartedly agree, TL! This is why I was weary about the show when Simon left.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2011, 12:46:54 PM »
The problem is pretty simple, JLo and Steven simply tell everyone they're good. Randy tries to say the truth and then gets Boo-ed by everyone or simply nobody listens to him. This will result in the voters really not KNOWING who are the strong contenders...

But Pia's elimination is seriously a once off incident like Chris, Jennifer or some other shocking eliminations... but if she can't even survive the Top 8... i think there's nothing "shocking" about it.

Or maybe i'm biased. All along i've been a Lauren and Haley fan and i had no idea how... but they are now the 2 girls remaining. :lol:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2011, 12:54:32 PM »
Exactly. The show has gone down as the judges have gone down. They haven't had a strong judging panel since season seven, imo. And it grew exponentially worse when Simon left. I would rather have Paula back than the three stooges they have now. Randy has always been a bump on a log but it worked when they had the other two. I can't believe that they have found judges that are less funny and far less intelligent than Paula Abdul but they did.

It doesn't matter though it was already getting bad and after Simon left I knew I would never like it again.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2011, 01:11:09 PM »
Prophet, all i simply said was "JLo and Steven simply tell everyone they're good." I didn't mention anything about them being incompetent judges. I have no idea what are you agreeing with me with your "Exactly" and your explanation which follows. I'm puzzled.

I love JLo and Steven and i love the judging panel so much more now. Paula sucks, if you rather have Paula then i think Live The Dream would be a better show for you. I love American Idol as it is now and if you haven't realise, AI has got raving reviews this season whether from audiences POV or publications/media POV.

I think Steven Tyler is absolutely hilarious, JLo's an awesome judge and is in her own league. I don't understand what you mean by "I can't believe that they have found judges that are less funny and far less intelligent than Paula Abdul but they did." Can you please tell me who do you have in mind to fit the criteria perfectly then? Since the show has to go on and Simon won't be judging anymore?

And i'm very sure that i have the support from many who post regularly on this thread that despite Pia voted off, there are still many talents remaining in the competition and it will be an intense fight for the sole title all the way till the end.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2011, 01:14:13 PM »
Well, I don't like the judges this year. Sorry for assuming you didn't as well. I am no fan of Paula :lol: but she is better than her replacements. They have to do what they have to do to keep people watching but I don't agree. They lost a viewer in me because of the changes.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2011, 02:10:26 PM »
I might not have been clear. I love the judges this year. They have revived the show and this year has the most talented group ever on AI. There are no Bikini Girls, no Sanjaya, no Norman Gentile who used the show as a comedy stint. (Failed comedy stint, I should say.)

Steven and J Lo actually get into the performances and give back positive feedback while the kids are performing, which they need.

In the end, all of the 13 will find careers, they are that talented.  :tup:

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2011, 04:44:34 PM »
Elimination of Pia Toscano - American Idol Top 9 Results Show - 04/07/11   :'(

Just posting this i cried AGAIN!!!  :ugot
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2011, 04:50:22 PM »
Pia sings final song

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2011, 05:02:26 PM »
I agree Joab.  The judges have improved the show.  I liked Simon but love the new judges.  The people to blame are the voters or the rules on voting or people like me that haven't voted yet.  :groan:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2011, 05:45:25 PM »
I voted bee but not for her, I thought she was safe. Ryan is right, you can't take anything for granted.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2011, 06:46:22 PM »
I think Pia woulda been safe if she chose a more current song. :'(

The judges all knew the song but maybe alot of the "youngins" didnt.

It's a fantastic song and she sang it awesome!! But if the young ones dont know it they wont vote for her.

I didnt vote either :wall:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2011, 09:23:47 PM »
I guess we all thought she will be safe. And it seems like i'm not alone thinking that this season rocks. I know Pia's eliminated and it sucks, but it's not AI's fault but America's fault. Some people just don't get it.

The show is still awesome with good singers in the Top 9. I remembered for all past 9 seasons, we still have staggering performers barely making through week after week and even staying all the way till the Final 6 or Final 5. Right now, all of them seemed to deserve their spot, even Paul... he sort of deserved to be there because he did perform decently last night.

And TL, how can you forget the ultimate train wreck, Tantiana?!??! :meow:

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2011, 07:50:48 AM »
I love the current panel of judges, I think they bring a new dynamic to the show. There seems to be a whole new level of energy this season. Steven and JLo are nice but they give constructive comments on improvements when they're needed. Randy definitely can't pull off a Simon, but I find myself agreeing with his comments pretty often.

If I had one criticism, it might be that the judges seem too easily impressed. I'm not sure if Simon would have used the Save on Casey. Or rather, I think their decision to save Casey was not a far-sighted one.

But other than that, I love them. They've definitely put the right people on the show. I still remember how they did not put Chris Medina through; they clearly know that it's a talent show and not a sympathy show.

Enough about the judges though. Pia definitely deserved to go further but she wouldn't win anyway. So... Yeah, looking forward to see who will claim the title! Right now I feel that Lauren has a shot. She didn't come out outstanding at first but she was still good and slowly, we see her blossom. That's what AI is about! Wow, I'd be amazed if she won. But I shan't say too much about it. Lol.

Love this season of AI!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2011, 09:25:35 AM »
My next 3 elimination predictions are Paul and Jacob Casey.

I think my final 5 pick will be Lauren, Haley, Scotty, James and Stefano.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2011, 01:50:23 PM »
ACK!!! Tatiana!  :ascared  I used bleach to get her out of my memory!  :lol3:

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2011, 11:12:29 PM »
 :lol3: :lol3: I remember her!  :lol:

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2011, 06:37:59 AM »

Haha! I would swap Stefano with Casey or Jacob. Of course if Stefano were in the Final 5 it'd be ideal. But after him landing in the bottom three twice and always singing ballads... I think his time will be up.

In any case, I hope that America puts Haley and Lauren through at least the top 5/6!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2011, 02:11:37 AM »

Haha! I would swap Stefano with Casey or Jacob. Of course if Stefano were in the Final 5 it'd be ideal. But after him landing in the bottom three twice and always singing ballads... I think his time will be up.

In any case, I hope that America puts Haley and Lauren through at least the top 5/6!

Nobody had faith in Haley except me!! :lol:

So i'm gonna have faith in Haley and Stefano!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2011, 09:03:39 AM »
I love Haley and I love that she takes chances. I want to see Hayley and Lauren go a long way!  :tup:  (I'm not sure with James and Scotty that she can make it to the end.. but maybe!!)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2011, 11:05:30 AM »
I'm now rooting for the last two girls remaining and Stefano as well as Scotty. If they make the F4, i'll be the happiest man alive. :lol3: :lol3:

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2011, 10:27:54 AM »
Haley reminds me soooooooo much of Lee DeWyze from last season! Remember how Lee kept choosing the wrong songs for the first two weeks of the finals and then after that he got in the zone and delivered week after week? Haley chose the wrong songs for the first two weeks as well but after that, she came back strong. If she hadn't been in the bottom three twice, I'd actually have some hope that she COULD win it. But I don't think her genre of music sits well with everyone hmm. It's kinda unique.

I can see most of the guys going far (yeah with 5 girls gone) but to be honest, I can't see any of them winning. The only one close is Scotty because of his huge fanbase and his country style, which is pretty mainstream.

I still feel that Lauren has the most quality to actually win this thing. She reminds me a little of Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood with her style of music, and Jordin Sparks with her age. Haha. How awesome if a girl really won this season after 5 of them are gone.

I hope that Paul goes next! I think Jacob should be safe since he was in the bottom three last week. His voters will fight back with a vengeance. Geez.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2011, 05:33:01 PM »
If the weakest person goes next, it should be Paul! Fingers crossed.  :umn:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2011, 02:10:06 AM »
Actually i still can't believe Pia has been eliminated. I knew she'll be eliminated but didn't expect it to be this early. :meow:

Offline franxaverian

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2011, 09:07:05 AM »
Out of the 8 left, I would like Stefano, Haley, James and Lauren to go far. The reason being their studio version of the songs are really2 good especially Stefano's. I considered Haley to be a dark horse after Bennie and the Jets performance. Still sad for Pia but have to overcome this sadness to continue watching this great season. Hopefully I can say goodbye to either Scotty-Paul this week....

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2011, 11:00:23 AM »
Out of the 8 left, I would like Stefano, Haley, James and Lauren to go far. The reason being their studio version of the songs are really2 good especially Stefano's. I considered Haley to be a dark horse after Bennie and the Jets performance. Still sad for Pia but have to overcome this sadness to continue watching this great season. Hopefully I can say goodbye to either Scotty-Paul this week....

Woot! That is exactly what my heart wants too! For Stefano, Haley, James and Lauren to be the Final 4. And I agree about the studio versions. I find myself downloading James' studio performances week after week. It's pretty cool, hmm.