Author Topic: EP 6 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 32010 times)

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
Re: EP 6 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2011, 08:13:05 PM »
FTBE are 7th. and Margie and Luke are the last team to arrive :'( :'( :'(

Luke cries again :'(

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2011, 08:13:30 PM »
Margie & Luke are last and eliminated. He takes it so hard.  :'( :'( :'( :'(
Just here to visit.

Offline Fruitegable

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2011, 08:14:02 PM »
Globies get 7th, meaning Margie and Luke are out  :'(

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2011, 08:17:20 PM »
We're back in two weeks. Gah.
Just here to visit.

Offline Fruitegable

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2011, 08:18:23 PM »
In TWO weeks on the Amazing Race...

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2011, 08:21:21 PM »
no puke-a-thon </3
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2011, 08:22:09 PM »
I'm sorry for Luke.  That was such a tough Roadblock!

Belle Book

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2011, 08:30:17 PM »
Poop task! :funny:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2011, 08:31:17 PM »
Okay guys, who thought it was funny at the amount of teams who were angry when they thought they were not leaving China?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2011, 08:31:24 PM »
Kisha/Jen 6th. FT/BE give Margie/Luke hugs and FTBE cant find a taxi as Margie/Luke finish the detour

The poor trotters have gotten a bad rap. They're nice people.

Ron has been quite the entertainer this season. He seems to have a much better attitude than last time. I like them as a team better than I did in TAR12. Maybe it's the editing because he still seems to have a temper at times.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 08:38:52 PM by The Prophet »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2011, 08:51:39 PM »
no puke-a-thon </3

can't misuse a sponsor...we LOVE sponsors!! :hearts:

:lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2011, 08:52:32 PM »
Who barfed, peach? Mallory and Flight Time didn't look so good at times.  :lol:

Offline GeKKou

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2011, 08:57:25 PM »
why was Zev wearing pajamas.......?

He looks rich in those pajamas....

can't believe he smashed a cup.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2011, 09:01:27 PM »
He likes them. :)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2011, 09:12:48 PM »
Well, at least Zev chose to run this leg comfortably
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2011, 09:18:31 PM »
His press pics are in those, from the press day. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline freds

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2011, 04:06:59 AM »
This leg was tea-rible, especially the roadblock. I'm sad about Margie and Luke but i think that the end of this roadblock is one of the greatest moment of this season.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2011, 05:37:16 AM »
This leg was tea-rible, especially the roadblock. I'm sad about Margie and Luke but i think that the end of this roadblock is one of the greatest moment of this season.

I loved that part! How they tried to uplift the mood and clapped on Luke to complete the task! It touched my heart.  :js:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2011, 05:43:29 AM »

I loved that part! How they tried to uplift the mood and clapped on Luke to complete the task! It touched my heart.  :js:

I just reached this part of the episode one minute ago and i just had to come here and comment on this. The clapping from the people at the task.. it was so beautiful and nice... and reminded me again on why i like the race so much, with the people... the culture. It's just so beautiful and you don't see it on any other reality shows. :'(

When Margie knew that Luke was having a hard time.. she hardly even ask him to go faster or what. She wasn't even pressurizing. What an amazing team... Luke, the effort he puts in and refusing to give up... i love his efforts.

Somehow as i watch on, i think this will be one of the most memorable episodes + elimination in seasons to come. People will remember this episode and this task because there's just so much heart felt moments going on.

Thank you Margie and Luke for the love you've shown all around the world. And thank you The Amazing Race.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2011, 06:04:30 AM »
Oh dear... this episode made me tear so much. And it changes loads of perspectives for me among some of the teams.

Flight Time and Big Easy... i really do not like them. But coming into this leg, they raced with integrity.. when they gave Margie and Luke a hug and even shook their hands... i was touched beyond words. And them keep asking the other teams to NOT give up at the Roadblock... it was just so sweet and nice...

Margie and Luke, i always thought they were sneaky to a certain extent with what happened in Season 14. But today, i saw how Margie were clapping even when Zev/Mallory and FT got their clues... she wasn't just caring about her own son but for other teams as well. I love Margie and i think she's amazing. I know this is so hard for Luke to take it but he raced a good race and did not give up. I'm so proud of him.

Zev and Justin... or rather Zev, remains to be the only racer now whom i haven't got a good impression of. I know the circumstances and understand the situation though.. so i'm not going to comment.

When the 4 teams stepped on the mat together, the celebration and the happiness going on... it's just amazing...

This is IMO, one of the best episodes and beats 2X China... there's just so much feelings/emotions going on... awww. The only thing that sucked was Margie and Luke getting eliminated. :'(

The Roadblock was something new and which we haven't seen before. Who would have thought the tea they have to identify is the one in China? Sneaky producers.

The Detour was kind of random, especially the Book one.. and not very balanced. But the painting Detour was memorable...

Now let me go and cry over Margie and Luke's elimination.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2011, 07:29:45 AM »
Yeah, this episode really made me tear. It hurt to see Luke break during the Roadblock. It must have felt so bad. He felt that he let the team down with his Roadblock on Season 14, and now he must have felt the same way. But I hope he doesn't beat himself up because of this. He has SO MUCH to be proud of. He has really shown the world what deaf people can do, and I'm sure his story will continue to inspire many around the world.

I love the people at the task! It shows us the human side of the race, that it's not just about getting clues and advancing to the next task. Those people cheering Luke on, clapping for him, being so happy for him when he finished... That was incredible. The amount of support for Luke from those people and his mum... That was amazing, it was so touching. I'm glad Luke didn't give up. It's really not about finishing fast, but sticking till the end. And he did that.

I'm really sad Margie and Luke got eliminated. I loved them since I knew them in Season 14, but along the way my like for them dwindled 'cos of their sneakiness. But take away that element they brought to the race and they're a great mother-and-son team. Just look at the support Margie has for Luke. Indeed, it'll probably remain one of the more touching eliminations of the race. My heart totally broke when Luke apologised for "losing the race for them". But as I said, he's got loads to be proud of. And so does Margie, our favourite bionic mum!

And this is random, but I realise that all 4 teams that have been eliminated from the race were from Season 14. Wow, the 5 teams from that season are now down to 4! Hee.

Margie and Luke... :(
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2011, 09:51:43 AM »
And this is random, but I realise that all 4 teams that have been eliminated from the race were from Season 14. Wow, the 5 teams from that season are now down to 4! Hee.

Margie and Luke... :(

You mean down to 1.  ;)

It has been an emotional episode.   :(

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2011, 11:30:22 PM »
I just watched this episode (finally), and I loved it.  I make no secret that I have a very soft place in my heart for Margie & Luke, and well I loved them in this episode.  Margie is still superwomen in my book.  And I just feel terrible for Luke.  The end of the Roadblock and the support from the locals was awesome.  Moments like that make me love this show.  I also loved their end at the mat and farewell.  A lot of racers love the race (some not so much), but you could always tell Luke really wanted this. 

But I also want to give props to the Globetrotters, a team that I started at first (season 16) liking (even if they are recognized as Trotters) but their sportsmanship with Mika was extremely off putting, and then after that they had their feud (and collision) with Sam and Dan. 

Now this season, even when they have known they were at the rear they have shown far, far greater class and sportsmanship.  I still don't like that they are "The Globetrotters" and not just Herb and Nat, but I really, really like them this season.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2011, 07:27:06 AM »
But I also want to give props to the Globetrotters, a team that I started at first (season 16) liking (even if they are recognized as Trotters) but their sportsmanship with Mika was extremely off putting, and then after that they had their feud (and collision) with Sam and Dan. 

Now this season, even when they have known they were at the rear they have shown far, far greater class and sportsmanship.  I still don't like that they are "The Globetrotters" and not just Herb and Nat, but I really, really like them this season.

I agree, I feel that the Globetrotters are so much nicer this season. Actually, they haven't been nasty people. I guess it's just that their thrash-talking to Mika just put a lot of people off. This season, it seems that their nicer sides have been shown. One was of course their class act towards the other racers and Margie and Luke this episode. The other was during the first episode when the first flight to Australia got delayed. I remember Big Easy saying, "Well, we got delayed, but the man (who was ill and was the cause of the delay) is okay, and that's all that matters." I was impressed when he said that. I still do not really LIKE them, but my impression has definitely improved.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2011, 08:14:39 AM »

I agree, I feel that the Globetrotters are so much nicer this season. Actually, they haven't been nasty people. I guess it's just that their thrash-talking to Mika just put a lot of people off. This season, it seems that their nicer sides have been shown. One was of course their class act towards the other racers and Margie and Luke this episode. The other was during the first episode when the first flight to Australia got delayed. I remember Big Easy saying, "Well, we got delayed, but the man (who was ill and was the cause of the delay) is okay, and that's all that matters." I was impressed when he said that. I still do not really LIKE them, but my impression has definitely improved.

I like the way they are being portrayed much better as well. Here's hoping the positive edit continues, but trash talking may be part of their regular sports life, so :duno:

Had to laugh at Kent's oh so polite "I bring you mango and papaya" with a bow, and Herb's "Here you go Homie, its all you". :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule: