Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 7 "You Don't Get Paid Unless You Win" Varanasi, India  (Read 129828 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 18 Ep 7 "You Don't Get Paid Unless You Win" Varanasi, India
« Reply #350 on: April 10, 2011, 03:42:25 PM »
The idea has been subtly floated for a while now that the goths will be eliminated here. It makes me think that they won't but they did sort of hint at Margie and Luke and Mel and Mike's elims. It's hard to figure all the possibilities of hints and reverse psychology type stuff.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

jiajia12

« Reply #351 on: April 10, 2011, 03:45:35 PM »
I don't know but CBS did an edit also of K&V  that hint them their might get eliminated here. :umn:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #352 on: April 10, 2011, 04:56:58 PM »
Not going to happen  :wohoo:

:tup:

We've got this:  "I Cannot Deal with your Psycho Behavior" (Austria)   and   ;)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 05:00:27 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

jiajia12

« Reply #353 on: April 10, 2011, 05:28:51 PM »
Not going to happen  :wohoo:

Yeah probaly Austria is their final leg  instead:(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #354 on: April 10, 2011, 05:46:30 PM »
Not going to happen  :wohoo:

Does no one read my posts? ???

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
« Reply #355 on: April 10, 2011, 06:26:54 PM »

Haha what was your post? Did it regard Kent and Vyxsin? Please tell me they are safe?

jiajia12

« Reply #356 on: April 10, 2011, 08:18:15 PM »
I am so sorry Christina had to go,maybe come back with Azaria one day :<3 :<3 :<3 :tup:

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #357 on: April 10, 2011, 08:35:25 PM »
not gonna mis Rontina at all..!! still sad 4 jaime/cara.... :'( next week better be a NEL cuz it's been 7 episodes with straight-up eliminations!!!
i know 2 of those 7 legs were TBC legs, but that's not an excuse...!!! hopefully cowboys n goths r gone soon..plzzz.!! :jam:
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline Zvarri

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #358 on: April 10, 2011, 08:37:49 PM »
It sucks that Rontina are eliminated. I really wanted them to win.  :'(

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #359 on: April 10, 2011, 08:54:22 PM »
All the teams that made the Final 3 before are eliminated except for Jet & Cord.

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #360 on: April 10, 2011, 08:57:36 PM »
All the teams that made the Final 3 before are eliminated except for Jet & Cord.
amanda & cris? mel & mike?=====>Final 3??? LOL  :lol3:
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #361 on: April 10, 2011, 09:03:55 PM »

No, they mean as in Margie and Luke and Ron and Christina, the only other teams (aside from Jet and Cord) that made the F3.

Offline Zvarri

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #362 on: April 10, 2011, 09:10:47 PM »

No, they mean as in Margie and Luke and Ron and Christina, the only other teams (aside from Jet and Cord) that made the F3.

Don't forget Jaime and Cara

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #363 on: April 10, 2011, 09:12:38 PM »

Haha what was your post? Did it regard Kent and Vyxsin? Please tell me they are safe?

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,25045.msg603554.html#msg603554
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline steve2013

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #364 on: April 10, 2011, 09:33:11 PM »
not gonna mis Rontina at all..!! still sad 4 jaime/cara.... :'( next week better be a NEL cuz it's been 7 episodes with straight-up eliminations!!!
i know 2 of those 7 legs were TBC legs, but that's not an excuse...!!! hopefully cowboys n goths r gone soon..plzzz.!! :jam:

the goths can go but Nooo not the Cowboys i want them to win  :jam:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #365 on: April 10, 2011, 09:35:39 PM »
:welcome: to RFF Steve2013!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #366 on: April 10, 2011, 10:25:28 PM »
They recycled the 'free internet access' shot from sydney airport  :naughty:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #367 on: April 10, 2011, 11:37:10 PM »
Let me mourne over Ron and Christina's departure for awhile. :'(

At least they proved to some who had negative opinions about them that they can work together as a team without quarrelling.

I was hoping and went with my heart feelings that maybe Goths will be eliminated.  :'( :'( :'(

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #368 on: April 11, 2011, 12:17:20 AM »

"AND ANOTHER RACER TAKES A DANGEROUS PLUNGE IN A STATE OF PANIC,"

From the viewing party, they said that the jump into the Ganges and playing tugboat Vyxsin saved them because the boat would take too long and there was only a few minutes between their arrival and Ron & Tina.

And Luke was there!!  :wohoo:

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #369 on: April 11, 2011, 12:19:48 AM »
That is a very aged clue. Might be from TAR12.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #370 on: April 11, 2011, 02:09:59 AM »
Phil said it was close. I wonder how close it was... :'(

The goths are literally doing a Dan and Andrew... pretty shocking for an Allstar team who did so well the first time round and didn't come in worst than fifth place.

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #371 on: April 11, 2011, 03:01:07 AM »
Phil said it was close. I wonder how close it was... :'(

The goths are literally doing a Dan and Andrew... pretty shocking for an Allstar team who did so well the first time round and didn't come in worst than fifth place.

Yeah its ironic, cause this time they havent finished better than fifth place.

Hopefully this all changes next episode  :please: :please: :please:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #372 on: April 11, 2011, 04:44:31 AM »
Actually neither shocking nor ironic to me........There were eleven teams that raced damn good in their seasons. They were all consistant and competant racers. As the premise for this season of TAR, they got eliminated by a quirk.

So far every team eliminated were involved in the free code word for the very first roadblock......that is the pattern that interest me. Only two teams left that didnt solve the naval flag puzzle by themselves left, Kent/Vyxin and Flight Time and Big Easy.

As far as the flight from Kolkata to Varanasi, there were maybe a dozen flights from Kolkata to Delhi that afternoon/evening. It is obvious from comments by Flight Time and Big Easy, that they flew to Delhi on a flight by themselves. I am thinking that teams were scattered among those dozen flights. The last Kolkata flight to Delhi arrived in Delhi about midnight. I assume teams left the Delhi airport and found a cheap place to sleep. Then went back to the airport the next morning. All teams except Jet/Cord were on Kingfisher flight IT231, 930-1045. Jet/Cord were on 9W723, 1030-1145. That is the only way I can resolve the fact that the Kingfisher group never saw J/C or vice versa.
Matthew 7:15

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #373 on: April 11, 2011, 05:30:27 AM »
Actually neither shocking nor ironic to me........There were eleven teams that raced damn good in their seasons. They were all consistant and competant racers. As the premise for this season of TAR, they got eliminated by a quirk.

So far every team eliminated were involved in the free code word for the very first roadblock......that is the pattern that interest me. Only two teams left that didnt solve the naval flag puzzle by themselves left, Kent/Vyxin and Flight Time and Big Easy.

As far as the flight from Kolkata to Varanasi, there were maybe a dozen flights from Kolkata to Delhi that afternoon/evening. It is obvious from comments by Flight Time and Big Easy, that they flew to Delhi on a flight by themselves. I am thinking that teams were scattered among those dozen flights. The last Kolkata flight to Delhi arrived in Delhi about midnight. I assume teams left the Delhi airport and found a cheap place to sleep. Then went back to the airport the next morning. All teams except Jet/Cord were on Kingfisher flight IT231, 930-1045 DEL VNS. Jet/Cord were on 9W723, 1030-1145. That is the only way I can resolve the fact that the Kingfisher group never saw J/C or vice versa.

I have a different perspective on this. Teams had the opportunity based on using the airport Kingfisher Airways booking service to take any flight from about 5pm on, yet all except maybe Nate/Herb and Jet/Cord waited for the late Kingfisher flight. Why? I bet it's was due to other flights being unavailable or to being steered to IT604 2038 2352 CCU DEL. Those same booking agents put those teams plus Nate/Herb on the first flight (which happened to be IT608 0809 1120 Kingfisher DEL VNS.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 05:41:36 AM by apskip »

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #374 on: April 11, 2011, 08:51:00 AM »
Your assessment is very possible apskip, no arguments here. I just got a different sense from re-watching the episode.

We know from the spoiler guy that Jet/Cord and Gary/Mallory were inside of security at 310 pm on Dec 2 @ the Kolkata Airport. He also saw Kisha/Jen and another team outside at Kingfisher getting tickets. From the episode we know now the other team was Zev/Justin. Kent/Vyxin were at a travel agency away from the airport getting their tickets. Ron/Christina got their tickets before K/J and Z/J and left to go eat dinner and spend some quality father/daughter time. Approx 2 hours later the Globes show up and from their comments, they didnt see any other teams in the airport, but they knew they would "catch up." I took this to mean at the airport in Delhi for the morning flight to Varanasi. Certainly all the teams that booked at Kingfisher could have been all scattered out in the airport.

As to Jet/Cord.......I think Jet Airways kept them on Jet Airways flights. I never get the sense that they ever say another team till they got to the RB in Varanasi.  There are no scenes of teams camping out in the airport in Delhi....so that is why I think they were all split up. Just a hunch on my part. I dont think the Cowboys saw a team from the Pit Stop Start till the RB in Varanasi. I would have thought if they did, they would have found out about the earlier Kingfisher flight from other teams.

There were 11 flights from Kolkata to Delhi between 3 pm and 1030 pm on Dec 2. Since all these racers are pretty sharp by now, I just think they would have gotten to Delhi as soon as possible and not wait around in Kolkata and let so many flights go by. The Kingfisher flight on Dec 2 from Kolkata to Delhi was delayed about 38 minutes as it was. The teams had already been through major snafus on the flights to Aus and Japan.

When the teams were a the Delhi airport the next morning to fly to Varanasi...........it just seem like from their comments that they hadnt seen each other either...............anyway.......not really a big deal. Maybe the CBS webmonkeys will put up the Insider vidoes and we might get some clues from that, similiar to the spending the night in the hostels in Sydney waiting to fly to Broken Hill.
Matthew 7:15