Author Topic: Top 11 Discussion  (Read 12786 times)

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
Re: Top 11 Discussion
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2011, 10:03:11 AM »
Shocking results indeed. Well I did predict Stefano and Thia in the bottom three, so I wasn't that shocked. But you can imagine how worried I was to see Stefano there. What I didn't expect was Casey being there. And the bottom two were actually down to two guys!

I had a feeling that it would be Stefano going home. But I knew that if it were Casey, the judges would save him in a heartbeat. We all know they're CRAZY over him. And they really used the Save on him...

I won't deny it, I'm disappointed. Well just call me biased, I'm just not a Casey fan. I think he deserves to be saved because of his talent. But do the judges really think he's Idol material? Maybe we don't have a solid definition for what's Idol-material. But I think sooner or later, people are just gonna get sick of his growls... I don't want another "Taylor Hicks" winning the competition!

On the bright side, now that the Save is gone so early, everyone is on level ground from now on. But you know what, I just have a very sneaky feeling that two girls might head home next week. The guys are clearly outshining the girls!

Unless a miracle happens and Paul gets sent home next week. Which I highly doubt so. I still feel that Thia and Naima are in danger. Haley is partially in danger. As for the guys, Casey fans will vote like mad next week. James, Scotty and Jacob have their truckloads of fans. That leaves us with Stefano. Risky. But since he was in the bottom two this week, maybe his fans will do something. So it brings us back to the girls again! =(
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline nanaof4

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2011, 12:22:03 PM »
But if we are talking not idol material, let's talk Scottie, he is one dimensional, the only thinghe can sing is country.  And he should be ashamed taking a great motown song and turning it country.  There is somethings that should just not be done and that is one of them.  And I personally am glad they saved Casey, no one else was worthy of using the save on.  Hopefully America realizes what a great singer and soulfoul singer he is and does not put him in the bottom 3 again for a while.  The bottom 3 should have been, Scotti, Hailey and probably Stefano. 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2011, 01:32:19 PM »
OMGosh!! I missed this as usual, but omg!!

I AM glad, he is awesome, the judges got it right.

Come on America!! WHAT were youi thinking??!!?? :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2011, 11:22:27 PM »
I honestly think, that ultimately this is American Idol. The judges should save the SAVE for someone whom everyone will/can respect many years down the road. I think Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson are great examples of Idol winners.

I know Casey is a HUGE talent. But he's quirky and his personality is WEIRD and it just turns me off. I have to admit that i'm biased here as i was EXTREMELY disappointed to see the SAVE use on someone whom i see had ZERO chances of winning this competition. Just like last season, when the SAVE was used on Big Mike, i was like....... WHAT?

I thought that the judges should be saving it for people like Lauren and Pia or even Stefano whom i define them as people who have the huge qualities to make a good idol. Lauren may not be the hottest girl out there but she's REAL and she's sincere to win this competition as well.

Now i just hope that Paul just get the hell out of this competition because i had no idea and didn't approve him to be in the Top 13 after all. Paul and someone... someone random needs to go home. As of now, i'm just glad Naima and Haley are not in the Bottom 3 this week. But... but.... it's dangerous. Sigh.

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2011, 11:49:14 PM »
The Casey almost-elimination was not that big of a shock for me (but still a shock), since he seemed to be fading away compared to the other performers.

And I love Paul's corky voice! It's so unique and I just feel like it can go somewhere. The judges are right imo, with the right songs he can go far, and he just needs the right support who gets him and his music. I say he should start singing a happy song instead of these heartbroken songs he has sung for all except one of his live performances (but the only exception, I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues, does not seem like a happy song either lol).

Hopefully this Save does not result in my faves going home (that is, Jacob/Paul/Pia/Lauren)!
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2011, 01:14:21 AM »
I honestly think, that ultimately this is American Idol. The judges should save the SAVE for someone whom everyone will/can respect many years down the road. I think Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson are great examples of Idol winners.

I know Casey is a HUGE talent. But he's quirky and his personality is WEIRD and it just turns me off. I have to admit that i'm biased here as i was EXTREMELY disappointed to see the SAVE use on someone whom i see had ZERO chances of winning this competition. Just like last season, when the SAVE was used on Big Mike, i was like....... WHAT?

I thought that the judges should be saving it for people like Lauren and Pia or even Stefano whom i define them as people who have the huge qualities to make a good idol. Lauren may not be the hottest girl out there but she's REAL and she's sincere to win this competition as well.

Now i just hope that Paul just get the hell out of this competition because i had no idea and didn't approve him to be in the Top 13 after all. Paul and someone... someone random needs to go home. As of now, i'm just glad Naima and Haley are not in the Bottom 3 this week. But... but.... it's dangerous. Sigh.

I'm 100% with you! I don't deny that Casey is a HUGE talent, but how many people would actually buy his record at the end? People like Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson cater to everyone. I feel that Casey can only cater to a selected group of people. It's just like Adam Lambert with his mad, mad talent ending up not winning the competition because he's not "mainstream" enough.

The only redeeming factor for me is that Casey deserves the Save more than Big Mike. Other than that... Part of me actually wishes that they do away with the Save from now on because in my highly personal opinion, they haven't been using it that accurately if I may say so. Matt Giraud was alright. Big Mike had no chance of winning. Casey... Well, reasons stated above.

Sigh, please don't let my favourites go home because of the Save!!!
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2011, 05:10:23 AM »
As of now, i just want Lauren, Stefano and Haley to stay. Pia, James, Scotty deserve to go further... i don't care about the rest.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2011, 05:33:28 PM »
Casey Abrams's Unexpected Moment 

zero, zilch, nada, nothing!