Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 6 "I Feel Like a Monkey in a Circus Parade" (Kolkata, India)  (Read 111598 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 18 Ep 6 "I Feel Like a Monkey in a Circus Parade" (Kolkata, India)
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2011, 02:47:45 PM »
Let's look at GIRISH PARK.

What task do you think is there? It looks like the kind of place for an inactive RI. The detour choice point?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 02:56:13 PM by The Prophet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2011, 02:53:26 PM »
Here is a SPECULATED timeline for this week. The blue text is what I added. Feel free to correct me!
EP06: Kunming, China to Kolkata, India
EVIDENCE: Tweet (Source); sighting on departure (Source)

Film Date: NOV 30-DEC 1-ish
Air Date: MAR 27

Leg Route/Tasks:
Roadblock: Search for correct cup of tea; must drink all cups touched. Located at Historic Kolcatta Town Hall; possible hours of operation.
Detour: Paint a statue of Ganesha at unknown location OR something requiring balance?
Possible Route Markers: Ride a schoolbus rickshaw to Kolcatta Rescue School to find your next clue?
Mishaps: Someone is clumsy at the Detour. Someone nearly causes a traffic accident.
Pit Stop: UNKNOWN

Safe from Elimination at End of Leg: Gary/Mallory (Source), Jet/Cord (Source), LaKisha/Jen (Source), Herb/Nate
TIMING: Gary/Mallory likely first (Source); at start of next leg, Jet/Cord through security at CCU while LaKisha/Jen still buying tickets (Source)

Possibly Eliminated: Zev\Justin?, Ron\Chris?, Margie\Luke?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 06:24:28 PM by The Prophet »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2011, 04:02:56 PM »
Here is a SPECULATED timeline for this week. The blue text is what I added. Feel free to correct me!

Leg Route/Tasks:
Roadblock: Search for correct cup of tea; must drink all cups touched. Located at Historic Kolcatta Town Hall; possible hours of operation.
Detour: Paint a statue of Ganesha at unknown location OR ride a schoolbus rickshaw to local school and help out?
Possible Route Markers: Ride a schoolbus rickshaw to local school and help out?
Get clue at Girish Park?
Mishaps: Someone is clumsy at the Detour. Someone nearly causes a traffic accident.

Safe from Elimination at End of Leg: Gary/Mallory (Source), Jet/Cord (Source), LaKisha/Jen (Source), Herb/Nate
TIMING: Gary/Mallory likely first (Source); at start of next leg, Jet/Cord through security at CCU while LaKisha/Jen still buying tickets (Source)

Possibly Eliminated: UNKNOWN

The source that saw Jet/Cord through security at CCU while Lakisha/Jen were still buying tickets also said "one more hippy looking team had already cleared security". The only team that looks anything like hippies to me are the Goths, so I'm speculating that Kent and Vyxsin make it through the next leg in Kolkata as well.

Update:

Reading further down the page in the sightings thread, the person who spotted the teams at CCU apparently saw Kent and Vyxsin but didn't think they were with the race. They also thought they saw Mike and Mel. I see now why the hippy looking team sighting wasn't including in the Timeline. The whole sighting is a bit suspect.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 04:55:34 PM by Plaidmoon2 »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2011, 04:08:18 PM »
Exactly what I was thinking Plaidmoon. Based on these facts and theschnauzers insight about trends it looks like Ron and Christina Zev and Justin and Margie and Luke will not be with us for long. Perhaps the promos are being straight and Margie and Luke are gone this time.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2011, 04:22:01 PM »
If someone can find the order of the Roadblocks/Detours/Route Info and the apparent equalizer, we would be able to tell a lot more from the night/day shots.

And again, may be kind of useless, but it definitely looks like Lukes hair gel when he is at the tea roadblock is a lot more worn out than what it looks like when all the teams are running through the gate (which usually would mean that the gate comes before the roadblock, by quite a lot of time).

Roadblock precedes the Detour. Don't know about HOO's, RI, etc...yet. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2011, 04:39:31 PM »
Because it's been referenced in this thread, I'm bringing over part of the post in the "live feed" thread for episode five dealing with the teams' average placements:

It's for gaps in filming spoilers like we're facing until the next to last leg that a look at teams' overall performance may offer some indication of what may happen.

When I computed and ordered the placement average rankings for this week, Kent and Vxysen are having a terrible season, with an average placement over the first 5 legs of 7.6000, and Ron and Christina aren't doing much better, averaging 6.4000.
Except for Gary and Mallory, who are averaging 3.4000 so far, the other teams are clustered between 4.0000 and 4.8000. There's some movement going on both ways among those top 6 teams, but this is just a snapshot. Based on what's happened in the past, Kent and Vxysen and Ron and Christina are most likely to be among the next two eliminations, but Zev and Justin, with two consecutive 8th place finishes, could also be among the high-danger group.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2011, 04:43:46 PM »

Could this be the Detour clumsiness that this week's press release refers to?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2011, 05:13:01 PM »
GIRISH Park is apparently a busy intersection:

Compare our photo to this one labelled GIRISH PARK and note the road center divider.

We know teams were seen in "Girish ParK"...so...????

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2011, 05:17:53 PM »
[
Could this be the Detour clumsiness that this week's press release refers to?

My guess would be no...something more impressive? A task that actually requires coordination maybe?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2011, 05:53:12 PM »
Let's look at GIRISH PARK.

What task do you think is there? It looks like the kind of place for an inactive RI. The detour choice point?

Just looking at that map and google earth I see a couple of girls schools within walking distance of Girish Park. One is Piyari Charan Girls School and the other was Central Calcutta Girls Academy. Both are apparently high schools. For what it's worth, I found references to a hostel at the first one. The schools would probably match up with the rickshaw carts. I also see a site mentioned as Ganesh Talkies, probably a movie theater. That could be a site for painting Ganesha statutes, but I think it would be more likely elsewhere. You could probably do that anywhere with some open space where you could set up statutes for a day or so.

Looking for pictures of Girish Park, I didn't find much. There was one photo labelled as Calcutta Rescue No. 10 School with small children in a classroom. It also provided a link for http://www.calcuttarescue.org. That website calls the school the "number one school" and says it is located "in the heart of the red light district in Nimtala, near Girish Park". That group says it provides medical help and education for the poorest and most disadvantaged people in Kolkata and has won awards. If TAR is going to do another day of helping the people of a location they visit like they did in Africa last season, this is the sort of group they might contact. There are probably dozens of similar agencies, so it's unlikely that I've stumbled on the right one. Also, now that I look at the timeline, there doesn't appear to be an extra day unaccounted for in Kolkata. There is an extra day in Varanasi though, so we might want to keep that in the back of minds when promos come out for the Varnasi leg.

Other tidbits culled from Girish Park: The Girish Park Metro Station (if they take the train) is about 11 km from the airport. It has some beautiful looking murals that we might see quickly as teams run from the station. The Latoo Chhatu Babu Bazar near Girish Park has a Bengali New Year Festival in April that has some interesting aerial acrobat activity. A tall pole is set up and the acrobats are suspended from ropes from the top of the pole. The pole is then spun rapidly and the acrobats fly out and throw goodies from bags to the crowd below. That would be interesting as a roadblock/detour but since we've seen no sign of it in the preview, I doubt it will be part of the upcoming episode.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2011, 06:03:42 PM »
I have been looking for an hour for pics of that school! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2011, 06:25:48 PM »
Last team to check in in Kunming was approx @ 1416, Nov 29th. A standard Pit Stop after the KRLs would release teams at 0216 on Nov 30. There is a nightly direct flight from Kunming to Kolkatta, departing @ 2355 and arriving in Kolkata @ 2350. There are many other connections available through HongKong and Bangkok. If teams did fly the direct flight, it was mean about a 24+ pit stop.

Since teams appear to arrive at night time and do the RB during the night. I spec it is pretty good bet that they flew on this particular flight.

When I did a GE search for Girish Park, I actually got a park. Seems like a good place for the Detour Clue box.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2011, 06:29:12 PM »
Thanks, Plaidmoon!
Peach, could this be related to your Girish Park sighting? Perhaps they begin the school bus ride there. I would be surprised if that was a detour task though. I was thinking the painting paired with something like a dance.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 06:47:00 PM by The Prophet »

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2011, 07:00:12 PM »
This clue is Fast-forward?The clue looks green.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2011, 07:06:54 PM »
We sorta already covered that: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,24977.msg599014.html#msg599014

And Jet is doing the RB so they did not successfully complete a FF (as we know them at least.)

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2011, 09:28:35 PM »
So...who is Paul? ???

I could be way off but here goes...
I did some searching around re: pottery/clay works and discovered an area called Kumartuli - known as a traditional potter's town. Could this be the general location?  When I searched Kumartuli, I discovered a workshop called Shilpa Bharati, Gora Chand Paul & sons - This is a sculpting business founded by renowned artist, the Late Shri Gora Chand Paul .... Could this be our Paul??? :duno:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2011, 10:05:09 PM »
This clue is Fast-forward?The clue looks green.

Sadly...no FF.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2011, 10:06:56 PM »
So...who is Paul? ???

I could be way off but here goes...
I did some searching around re: pottery/clay works and discovered an area called Kumartuli - known as a traditional potter's town. Could this be the general location?  When I searched Kumartuli, I discovered a workshop called Shilpa Bharati, Gora Chand Paul & sons - This is a sculpting business founded by renowned artist, the Late Shri Gora Chand Paul .... Could this be our Paul??? :duno:

caper...you are a WONDER!! I bet you are exactly right!!

They make several Ganesh idols...here are some!

http://www.kumartuli.com/gallery.php?s=1&p=2&id=39

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline milanissimo

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2011, 08:03:44 AM »
I don't want Ron e Christina out :'( :'(

jiajia12

« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2011, 10:02:47 AM »

Leg Route/Tasks:
Detour: Paint a statue of Ganesha at unknown location OR something requiring balance?
Possible Route Markers: Ride a schoolbus rickshaw to Kolcatta Rescue School to find your next clue?

All I Can say is dont count your chickens yet.I have some sources 50% realiable,but I don't want to be wrong.I'll wait till after next leg to post it.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2011, 01:12:17 PM »

Leg Route/Tasks:

I spent some time this morning looking at hundreds of pictures of school children taken in Kolkata and I'm almost positive that the school children in the preview are not from the Rescue Mission school.  Among the pictures were a couple dozen taken at the Rescue Mission school and they were not wearing school uniforms. They were wearing a random assortment of regular clothing. I doubt that poor families could afford special school uniforms and I doubt that the rescue mission would go to the expense of providing the uniforms when they could be using that money for medical supplies, food or school equipment. So, I don't think they were at the Rescue Mission school. That points me back towards the other schools I found in the area - the Piyari Charan Girls School or the Calcutta Girls Academy (may not be exactly the right name without looking it up again). I would remove the mention of the Rescue Mission school from this proposed timeline as I don't think it's very likely to be correct.

I did find one picture of young girls in a green school uniform but it was taken across town at the Nicco Park Water Slide/Amusement Park complex so it doesn't help us pin down the school involved.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2011, 01:21:04 PM »

Leg Route/Tasks:
Roadblock: Search for correct cup of tea; must drink all cups touched. Located at Historic Kolkata Town Hall; possible hours of operation.
Detour: Paint a statue of Ganesha at Shilpa Bharati, Gora Chand Paul & Sons Workshop OR something requiring balance?
Possible Route Markers: Ride a schoolbus rickshaw to an unknown school to find your next clue.

Fixed! Thanks to caper and Plaidmoon!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 07:25:45 PM by The Prophet »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2011, 01:24:05 PM »

All I Can say is dont count your chickens yet.I have some sources 50% realiable,but I don't want to be wrong.I'll wait till after next leg to post it.

Speculation leading to spoilers is what we do here. Feel free to share...or not!

All is welcome.
RFF's Golden Rule:

jiajia12

« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2011, 03:24:17 PM »

Speculation leading to spoilers is what we do here. Feel free to share...or not!

All is welcome.

I Will,its about the winner of the race,I Obtain some information on another site,but I am not confident enough yet.so I'll wait a bit.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2011, 07:23:28 AM »
Still no promo. :'(