Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 6 "I Feel Like a Monkey in a Circus Parade" (Kolkata, India)  (Read 111569 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 18 Ep 6 "I Feel Like a Monkey in a Circus Parade" (Kolkata, India)
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2011, 02:54:53 PM »
This must be a Detour choice then, and Kent cannot be seen in the shot.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2011, 09:50:38 PM »
Promo 1 vid is now up in post 2!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2011, 10:53:04 PM »
So...who is Paul? ???

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2011, 11:12:28 PM »
Promo 1 caps!

1234567891011121415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2011, 11:14:41 PM »
So...who is Paul? ???

The walrus is Paul.  ;)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2011, 11:34:05 PM »
Well Margie/Luke are safe next week.

And we learned that you CAN U Turn a team, even if you have been U Turned.

I think we need another promo or two to decide what story CBS is trying to tell us this week.

I was shocked that the Redheads were able to U-Turn another team without completing the entire Detour.

I think since the redheads got last and eliminated, we won't really know if they were or were not allowed to U-Turn.  I think maybe they could have gotten a BIG penalty when they got to the mat if they weren't last.  That's just me speculating though.

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2011, 11:38:48 PM »
This probably means nothing, but in picture 17 there is a small elephant beside Vyxsin. Unless it is on different ground, it looks like its a mini elephant.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2011, 11:44:03 PM »

I think we need another promo or two to decide what story CBS is trying to tell us this week.

I was shocked that the Redheads were able to U-Turn another team without completing the entire Detour.

I think since the redheads got last and eliminated, we won't really know if they were or were not allowed to U-Turn.  I think maybe they could have gotten a BIG penalty when they got to the mat if they weren't last.  That's just me speculating though.
I believe that you can use the Double U-Turn once you get there (specifically after performing the first side of the Detour)
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2011, 11:48:23 PM »
Detour: Paint "Paul" or something with the school?

:duno:

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2011, 12:25:39 AM »
If someone can find the order of the Roadblocks/Detours/Route Info and the apparent equalizer, we would be able to tell a lot more from the night/day shots.

And again, may be kind of useless, but it definitely looks like Lukes hair gel when he is at the tea roadblock is a lot more worn out than what it looks like when all the teams are running through the gate (which usually would mean that the gate comes before the roadblock, by quite a lot of time).
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 12:46:46 AM by mike4lyf »

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2011, 06:19:56 AM »
Promo 1 caps!

If the teams have to ride in a rickshaw school bus, how will the Globetrotters manage?

laimis

« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2011, 07:42:32 AM »
Promo 1 caps!

If the teams have to ride in a rickshaw school bus, how will the Globetrotters manage?

I think this is one choise of  the detour

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2011, 08:05:37 AM »
The most common order is HOO, RB, DT, PS with a few RI fillers. I don't see any evidence of a change here.

I also realized that there cannot be a FF because all teams are seen doing the RB.

The statue is not a walrus and probably not "Paul". :lol: It is Ganesha, a Hindu god.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 08:12:01 AM by The Prophet »

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2011, 08:13:28 AM »
The most common order is HOO, RB, DT, PS with a few RI fillers. I don't see any evidence of a change here.

I also realized that there cannot be a FF because all teams are seen doing the RB.

The statue is not a walrus and probably not "Paul". :lol: It is Ganesha, a Hindu god.
Just because everybody is doing the Roadblock, does not mean there is no Fast Forward.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2011, 08:15:19 AM »
Ok, technically it only means it was not successfully completed.

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2011, 08:35:07 AM »
#41 - Hello, Mr. Cameraman!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2011, 08:38:26 AM »
#41 - Hello, Mr. Cameraman!

Good eye! :tup:

Offline methylc

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2011, 09:33:35 AM »

I think since the redheads got last and eliminated, we won't really know if they were or were not allowed to U-Turn.  I think maybe they could have gotten a BIG penalty when they got to the mat if they weren't last.  That's just me speculating though.
I believe that you can use the Double U-Turn once you get there (specifically after performing the first side of the Detour)

Yes and apparently you could incorrectly complete the Detour you chose and still legitimately u-turn a team even if it's an advantage for doing it incorrectly. I've asked Mark & Bill during one of the RFF interviews a few years back and they said that they wouldn't have gotten a bigger penalty if they used the U-turn instead (they did consider doing the U-turn on Marisa & Brooke...), as long as you get to know where the U-turn sign is and you get there ahead of the team you wish to do the U-turn on.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2011, 09:38:24 AM »

Yes and apparently you could incorrectly complete the Detour you chose and still legitimately u-turn a team even if it's an advantage for doing it incorrectly. I've asked Mark & Bill during one of the RFF interviews a few years back and they said that they wouldn't have gotten a bigger penalty if they used the U-turn instead (they did consider doing the U-turn on Marisa & Brooke...), as long as you get to know where the U-turn sign is and you get there ahead of the team you wish to do the U-turn on.

So theoretically, one could follow a team to the U-Turn, use it, then go back and do the Detour?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2011, 09:39:03 AM »

:ascared If this is true, then it isn't a fair rule. I can't believe they would let them do that.

Offline Puppet

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Arcanine <3
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2011, 11:03:19 AM »
My opinion would be that the U-Turn can be used once you completed one side of the Detour. And I think we are going off-topic aren't we? :lol3:
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person and she looks perfect
I don't deserve this, you look perfect tonight

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2011, 01:37:34 PM »
A team would be penalized for not getting the clue sending them to the U-Turn location, or by following another team without finishing the task first. Depending on the circumstances, they might receive the penalty for not completing the Detour, and for not having the clue if they get to the pit stop without all the clues in hand to check in. In the past, Phil has sent teams back to get the missing clue. So I'm not sure exactly what would be done in an instance with two significant rule violations, but 4 hours for the one, and probably at least another half hour plus time saved or whatever it would be to neutralize the impact on the U-Turned team would be a good guess, I would think.
The closest I can think of what the Momily penalty in the first Thailand leg of TAR Classic, where they quit the detour, did not have the clue to the next location, and arrived at the pit stop having not gotten all the clues.  All we heard was a 24 hour penalty. I'm starting to wonder if the 24 hour penalty then was for multiple violations and not just quitting the detour; since we never saw a quit the detour violation again until very recently, and we were all surprised it was only 4 hours.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2011, 02:27:37 PM »
Since caps 46-48 are at night, one can safely assume that caps 10-12 and 41-45 follow an hours of operation.
Could they be running into the building that houses the Roadblock or is it something else?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2011, 02:45:57 PM »
46-48 are at the airport I believe, so perhaps there is an early am arrival. We may have those flight options recorded somewhere...will look tonight.

Meanwhile...from some twitters buried in my PM's...(thanks caper!!)

Let's look at GIRISH PARK.
RFF's Golden Rule: