Author Topic: EP 4 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 59996 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: EP 4 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**
« Reply #250 on: March 13, 2011, 08:22:37 PM »
I do agree on that.. and an Hours of Operation at 8am. Seriously, they could have been gone.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #251 on: March 13, 2011, 08:25:44 PM »

But turns out that it's actually maybe their flight penalty that they will be getting.

What the hell is a "flight penalty" and why do you think K/V get one?
Matthew 7:15

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #252 on: March 13, 2011, 08:27:35 PM »
The editing seemed to allude to the idea of them being penalized for not flying on the mandatory flight.

And yes I think they were actually quite lucky. If for no other reason than that they will not be eliminated right now. Also, we know they find their passports.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #253 on: March 13, 2011, 08:29:16 PM »

But turns out that it's actually maybe their flight penalty that they will be getting.

What the hell is a "flight penalty" and why do you think K/V get one?

I think the spoilers from the 5th leg shows Kent and Vyxsin checking in next leg but receiving a 30 minute penalty. I believe that should be their "flight penalty". They didn't take the official flight that they're assigned.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #254 on: March 13, 2011, 08:34:10 PM »
Teams have had many assigned flights in the past and they have always been able to fly earlier flights if they can find them. I wouldnt think they would penalize a team for taking a "later" flight......they are already penalized by being on the later flight.

The penalty is for the "Marked for Elimination" NEL penalty.......thats in the spoilers from witnessess in Kunming.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #255 on: March 13, 2011, 08:37:56 PM »
Teams have had many assigned flights in the past and they have always been able to fly earlier flights if they can find them. I wouldnt think they would penalize a team for taking a "later" flight......they are already penalized by being on the later flight.

The penalty is for the "Marked for Elimination" NEL penalty.......thats in the spoilers from witnessess in Kunming.
but the subtitle for the first flight said "mandatory"
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

NoluckBoston

« Reply #256 on: March 13, 2011, 08:49:04 PM »
Does anyone think there is a chance Zeb and Justin will be penalized for taking two Horse Charms?

That seemed to unfairly slow the Goths.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #257 on: March 13, 2011, 08:55:06 PM »
Does anyone think there is a chance Zeb and Justin will be penalized for taking two Horse Charms?

That seemed to unfairly slow the Goths.

No. It would only be a penalty if Zev had taken it to prevent her from finding it. He had an honest mistake. The Globetrotters situation lest leg was a different thing entirely. I do have to say that as much as I loved the episode, I felt bad for both Zev & Justin and Kent & Vyxsin. Both just had a tough break mentally and just couldn't catch up.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #258 on: March 13, 2011, 08:57:03 PM »

but the subtitle for the first flight said "mandatory"

Yes, and for example last season.. Phil did mention that teams have been assigned flights, but if they're able to find earlier flights, they can go ahead and book tickets. This season, this seemed to be the ONLY flight that teams should take, maybe all the other flights are hours ahead or behind, that is why the producers wants to "play it safe" and make sure all the teams arrive safely in China without any issues.. if not the race wouldn't be exciting if a few teams lag behind?

Not for this season though. I think this is a TBC leg and there will be no Marked for elimination and whatsoever. Imagine the goths getting it and cowboys not getting it despite being last on the first leg on a similar leg like this?!

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #259 on: March 13, 2011, 09:00:17 PM »
Next week.

Double U-Turn.  MArgie & Luke might be first at Double U-Turn.  Lets see.......

Gasp wow... hmmm let's see
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #260 on: March 13, 2011, 09:06:33 PM »
I think the editors for the preview for next episode are really evil. Makes us think whether or not Margie and Luke will use the U-TURN again since we do know they WILL U-TURN a team if they can and have the opportunity to.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #261 on: March 13, 2011, 09:09:46 PM »
It will be interesting to see if Margie and Luke U Turn a team that beat them to the Double U Turn sign.......ala Kent/Vyxen in Season 12.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #262 on: March 13, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »
It will be interesting to see if Margie and Luke U Turn a team that beat them to the Double U Turn sign.......ala Kent/Vyxen in Season 12.

But they're the first to reach the U-TURN... No? I thought the preview said so? :duno:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #263 on: March 13, 2011, 09:15:56 PM »
But it does beg the logic.......if Keny and Vyxen get a flight penalty........why isnt it imposed on this leg........not the next leg?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #264 on: March 13, 2011, 09:20:38 PM »
But it does beg the logic.......if Keny and Vyxen get a flight penalty........why isnt it imposed on this leg........not the next leg?

Precisely.. imagine they got a penalty meant for this leg to be penalized next leg... i think the "conventional pitstop" truly screws things up. :groan:

But maybe because the clue says keep racing, that is why they can't give the penalty immediately?

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #265 on: March 13, 2011, 09:25:47 PM »
Yeah, right..........thats the ticket!!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #266 on: March 13, 2011, 09:28:56 PM »
Who else laughed like mad when the Globetrotters went.. "I am a tiger... I am a snake... I am a goat... I am a rooster..."

AND STILL DON'T GET THEIR DARN CLUE?

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 09:32:43 PM by Joab »

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #267 on: March 13, 2011, 09:43:57 PM »
I really doubt that Kent & Vyxsin get a flight penalty as penalties are usually given for things that give you an advantage.  And for them there was no other option available. 

It sounds much more like a Marked for elimination penalty which would hit at the next Pit Stop.

What season was it (I think 9) where teams took the wrong route, but the route actually took them longer, ie no time gained.  This was when they still did the 30 minute penalty +/- time gained or lost.

Was that the damn Greece leg again, that both Lake & Michelle and BJ & Tyler drove for hours int eh wrong direction.  One team got booted the other went on to win the damn race.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #268 on: March 13, 2011, 10:03:18 PM »
I would think that Ron/Christina would be more likely gert a penatly than Kent/Vyxen. K/V gained no time advantage by their messup. But Ron and Christina DID NOT take the marked bus......then they stopped and got on one in the middle......they should have gone back to get the bus, where they got on the electric tram......They did get an advantage.  Just sayin.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #269 on: March 13, 2011, 10:15:45 PM »
Actually that is true, but I don't think it will happen unless another racer brings it up.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #270 on: March 13, 2011, 10:17:18 PM »
I was shocked on the TBC. Already 2 and were just on Leg 3 :lol:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #271 on: March 13, 2011, 11:14:44 PM »
Actually that is true, but I don't think it will happen unless another racer brings it up.

Pretty ironic too that FT/BE stopped their bus to help out Ron/Christina......

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #272 on: March 13, 2011, 11:28:54 PM »

Pretty ironic too that FT/BE stopped their bus to help out Ron/Christina......
Thats the type of behavior I love seeing from them.  I hated season 15 after the were seriously taunting Mika (who was already mess), it wasn't needed and showed incredibly poor sportsmanship.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #273 on: March 14, 2011, 01:13:47 AM »
I would think that Ron/Christina would be more likely gert a penatly than Kent/Vyxen. K/V gained no time advantage by their messup. But Ron and Christina DID NOT take the marked bus......then they stopped and got on one in the middle......they should have gone back to get the bus, where they got on the electric tram......They did get an advantage.  Just sayin.
Still, the rules are the rules. Remember when Toni & Dallas lost their passports? They walked instead of taking a taxi (slower option) but they were told to go back and take a taxi.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #274 on: March 14, 2011, 01:17:29 AM »
I really doubt that Kent & Vyxsin get a flight penalty as penalties are usually given for things that give you an advantage.  And for them there was no other option available. 

It sounds much more like a Marked for elimination penalty which would hit at the next Pit Stop.

What season was it (I think 9) where teams took the wrong route, but the route actually took them longer, ie no time gained.  This was when they still did the 30 minute penalty +/- time gained or lost.

Was that the damn Greece leg again, that both Lake & Michelle and BJ & Tyler drove for hours int eh wrong direction.  One team got booted the other went on to win the damn race.

In Greece half the teams got of the train a station before the designated one and then took a bus to get to the Isthmus for the bangie jumping. They didn't gain anything in time, in fact I think they lost a little, but they got a 30min penalty for not following the instructions. So if the production follows that pattern Ron and kristina could get a penalty.