Author Topic: Top 13 Discussion  (Read 14183 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Top 13 Discussion
« on: March 09, 2011, 07:40:32 PM »
If you build it, it will come. :lol3: :lol3:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: Top 13 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 07:43:02 PM »
Pia... all by myself.... BEAUTIFUL... Absolutely beautiful.

Pitch perfect, great song choice... she just opened up her doors by a million times to win this whole thing. OMG.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 09:15:14 PM »
If you build it, it will come. :lol3: :lol3:

LOL.. yes it will!

I just don't know who will go home. They all did well in their own way. I have to go vote now like a crazy person!
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 09:24:12 PM »
Paul's song choice was weird and i definitely did not like it... EWWWW...

OMG, i really think it was bad... damn damn pitchy. (:;)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 09:57:55 PM »
Casey.. i think he did an awesome job and he captured my attention completely. I'm not a fan... but dude, he can SING!!!! :hearts:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 10:06:27 PM »
Naima's rendition of Umbrella... weird. I didn't like it. But it seemed to be receiving good reviews. Anyone's with me on this?

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 10:18:43 PM »
Paul's song choice was weird and i definitely did not like it... EWWWW...

OMG, i really think it was bad... damn damn pitchy. (:;)

Hated his song, hated his fakish tone. I think he was the worst of anyone tonight. The judges called it raspy and character, I just thought it was awful.

LOVE Naima, I didn't like the song either but I love her and she really is an exotic little thing. She definitely needs to sing more, move less.  (Have to go vote some more.)  :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 10:26:38 PM »
Yea, Naima has got some good personality going on there.. HATED PAUL. What the hell was that performance. Maybe it sounded good LIVE but at home it sounds TERRIBLE.

Just heard SCOTTY, as usual his deep tone is unique and he sounded great. But he needs to start doing something else... OR I'LL BE BORED TO DEATH. :lol3:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 10:30:29 PM »
I think James Durbin's performance is just OKAY. It didn't WOW me but it was good. Endurable.. and he didn't scream this time.

After seeing Adam, i think his screams/shouts/shrieks doesn't excite me anymore.

He needs to TOP ADAM. Otherwise, anything that he sings won't probably work for me.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 10:34:21 PM »
Love Scotty, he has a future in country music.. How will he do when they have to sing the genre songs.. ???

I had to check the DVR, if anyone wants to vote for Naima, her # is 1-866-43675-36.   :jam:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 10:41:32 PM »
Jacob, he sang good. He was damn vocally good.

BUT. I think he oversang the song.

The switch to the chorus, i was like.. URGHHHH... that sounded weird. And then he started shrieking AHHHH AHHHH AHHHH AHHHHH AHHHH AHHHHHH a few million times. That was good... but i seriously felt he really oversang.

:(

Sorry i'm posting comment by comment.. because i'm actually watching their VIDEOs on youtube, then comment immediately before i forgot.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 10:51:47 PM »
Thia's performance... was boring as hell. I can imagine Simon going... that bored me to tears. :(

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 10:54:11 PM »
Keep posting!

I loved Thia, loved her switching it up. She has a pure, sweet tone to her voice. Even if she doesn't make it far and I hope she does, she will have a future as an artist, perhaps on the stage. She may not last long in the competition.

LOVED Hayley and her song. Loved the little bits that she added with her yodel and Randy was wrong, wrong, WRONG! it was NOT boring! Boring was listening Pia sing All By Myself, I never realized how often those words were repeated again and again.  I think she is gorgeous, has a fine voice but I did NOT like that sone.

When Jacob sing that, yes, shrieking ahhh ahhh ahhh ahhh ahhh ahhh.. THAT was painful and over the top. He needs to pull it back a bit, not try so hard and the church choir backup singers did not help, at least for me.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 11:03:53 PM »
Keep posting!

I loved Thia, loved her switching it up. She has a pure, sweet tone to her voice. Even if she doesn't make it far and I hope she does, she will have a future as an artist, perhaps on the stage. She may not last long in the competition.

LOVED Hayley and her song. Loved the little bits that she added with her yodel and Randy was wrong, wrong, WRONG! it was NOT boring! Boring was listening Pia sing All By Myself, I never realized how often those words were repeated again and again.  I think she is gorgeous, has a fine voice but I did NOT like that sone.

When Jacob sing that, yes, shrieking ahhh ahhh ahhh ahhh ahhh ahhh.. THAT was painful and over the top. He needs to pull it back a bit, not try so hard and the church choir backup singers did not help, at least for me.

And then there are no more Youtube videos. Somebody please provide me with the links. :lol:

Ohhh Thia's vocals were good... BUT, definitely it was like.. boring for me. I think as of now, my favourite would be Casey's song choice. SURPRISE SURPRISE. I'm not biased!! :lol:

And Pia... i like Celine Dion.. so i naturally like her song choice. But All By Myself gets so repeated every season that i even know the lyrics now. LOL

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 03:30:44 AM »

After watching this, Pia's version is just so amateur. NEXT PLEASE.

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 07:41:18 AM »
^ LOL. True. Although I don't like Charice that much, her version of that song was unbelievable! I like Pia's performances last week and this week, but she needs to move and not just stand there singing. It kinda bores me.

I haven't watched Paul's performance yet (will watch the replay), but it seems that wherever forum I go, they were all saying it was the worst performance of the night.

Thia's voice has a pure voice. That jazzy thing she did was just okay for me, but overall it was good.
Karen's performance was the 2nd worst performance of the night along with Ashton.

I didn't kinda get Jacob's version of "I Believe I Can Fly". On the first part of his song, I was like what are you singing? He needs to stop screaming and screaming and screaming and screaming. Please!

LOL at Naima's dance moves! When I read that Naima's singing Umbrella, it felt weird. Comparing her past songs, I did not even expect her to sing a Rihanna's song. For me, it wasn't that good.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 10:14:38 AM »
Just my thoughts on the performances!

Lauren Alaina - I thought that it was a cool, solid performance, but it did not impress me. It felt pretty laidback and just good, but now is not the time to just be good.

Casey Abrams - He wowed me with his vocals and passion through his singing. I'm not a fan of his, but he has a great, raspy voice and a great fanbase.

Ashthon Jones - I love that song and I thought that she sang it quite well but once again, it wasn't impressive.

Paul McDonald - I thought that the performance was pretty forgettable. All I can remember are his moves. There's something I love about this guy but this time, his moves on stage made me feel a little weird. And I really can't remember the song at all. Which doesn't bode well.

Pia Toscano - I would put her in the ranks of Melinda DooLittle, Danny Gokey, David Archuleta, all of whom peaked too early. With two stellar performances so far, I don't think that she'll be able to top them week after week. I hope she goes far, but I won't see her winning.

James Durbin - That was a solid performance yet again. Like the judges, I loved it when he did the falsetto! I hope he doesn't scream his way through but try to show America something different every week. And it's weird, but of all the songs tonight, his single would be one of the very few that I'd bother to listen to.

Haley Reinhart - I'm with Randy here, it was sleepy and forgettable. Not good on the first night of the finals. =(

Jacob Lusk - I actually thought that the song did not really suit him. No doubt his passion came through and he once again impressed with his vocals. He reminds me of Mike Lynch of last season.

Thia Megia - Another forgettable performance, and I personally think she's in great danger of going home tonight. =(

Stefano Langone - He rocked the stage, but because it isn't a genre of music that I particularly like, I'll be biased and say that I probably did not enjoy it as much as the judges did. I hope he's safe though 'cos I'm a huge fan of his!

Karen Rodriguez - I was pretty disappointed with her performance tonight, after she performed so well last week. Another one in danger of going home, I feel.

Scotty McCreery - I like it that he's starting to loosen up on stage. I still do not see why he's so popular, he's just alright to me. He reminds me of last season's Aaron Kelly, someone who'd deliver good, nice performances every week and go relatively far into the competition.

Naima Adepapo - I wonder why she chose the song she did but pitchiness aside, I actually enjoyed her performance. I love her dance moves! Seeing that she was the last person to perform, she should be safe tonight, hmm.

So that's it. I must say that it's gonna be a tough vote tonight. For me, Casey, Pia and Jacob's performances won the night. And as it stands right now, I feel that Thia, Karen and Haley/Ashthon might be in trouble tonight, with either Thia or Karen going home. I hate to see any of them go, but my guess is that a girl goes home tonight. The guys really delivered tonight, maybe with the exception of Paul, but he has a huge fanbase so it doesn't really matter. Geez.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 12:03:53 PM by Ruth »
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 06:16:42 PM »
I think it's possible that Paul will be in the bottom three along with Ashthon and Thia. I do believe he had the worst performance. Thia was very emotional after singing. Karen Rodriquez could also be in the bottom three, she didn't get the best of the comments from the judges. We'll know soon!

Adam Lambert performs tonight, David Cook sings this year's AI farewell song, "Don't You Forget About Me". P. Diddy Dirty Money will also perform.  

« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 08:07:37 AM by TexasLady »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, 06:21:21 PM »
NEWS FLASH! Casey Abrams will be missing tonight, he's back in the hospital. Joe's Place is reporting that he will not be on the show tonight because of being hospitalized again. It seems he had stomach bleeding again. (Does he have a bleeding ulcer?) He's so young! Only 19.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2011, 08:26:02 PM »
Okay, I watched Karen's performance and nearly fell asleep. :lol:

Worst than Thia's one. :(

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2011, 08:29:36 PM »
I don't know. I think i'm madly in love with Haley!

Her voice is unique and i think she sings good... i'm a BIG MEGA FAN of hers and if she gets voted off i'll be pissed.

I REALLY LOVE HER!!! I THINK I'M ROOTING FOR HER TO WIN ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol3:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2011, 08:36:42 PM »
Okay, while Haley blew me away over at the girl's side. Stefano's doing it for me for the boy's side.

BOY... HE CAN SING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YO DAWG!!! *does Randy impersonation*

That's one good performance, not my favourite type of genre/music.. but he actually made me like and want to hear the song again!

And Ashton... last performance i've seen...

To be fair, she did a fair job and didn't butcher the song. But seriously, she's in 2011 and she's still singing songs like that??!

I WANT TO HEAR SONGS THAT ARE OF BETTER EMOTIONS.... :res:

But i hope she stays!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2011, 08:40:08 PM »
Anyway, WTH.. i just saw the results and Ashton's going home?!

It seems like she seriously got no votes at all since last week. Sigh. She's a good singer.. but i wouldn't foresee her winning.

OMG, CAN I START VOTING TOO?? HALEY IS IN BOTTOM 3??? PEOPLE ACTUALLY DISLIKE HER?!?!

I mean if Karen is in the bottom 3, i fully understand.. but HALEY??

And why are the girls always in the BOTTOM 3 :meow: :meow: :meow: :meow:

=(

My bottom 3 picks would have been Paul, Karen and Thia. =(

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2011, 08:41:32 PM »
Scotty has got loads of SUPPORT... :lol:

http://dialidol.com/asp/predictions/predictions.asp

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2011, 10:15:12 PM »
I was so happy Pia did a Celine Dion song, since she reminded me of her (though I still haven't figured if it was the voice, the looks, or both).

I figured Ashthon or Karen would go home. They stood out the least in their performance.

I liked Paul's, Pia's, Stefano's, and Casey's performance. I also super super loved the Michael Jackson medley (I feel Stefano had too much there while Paul too little, but sucked Casey wasn't there).

I'm specifically rooting for Casey/Jacob/Lauren/Thia this season, but hopefully Lauren and Thia will be able to pick it up and Jacob and Casey will be able to keep it up with a twist now and then. =)
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html