Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep. 4: This is the Most Stupid Day Ever (Lijiang, China)  (Read 86597 times)

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 18 Ep. 4: This is the Most Stupid Day Ever (Lijiang, China)
« Reply #150 on: March 14, 2011, 01:03:21 AM »
The teams were instructed to "eventually" deliver a box of candy to Phil, but I didn't notice any candy boxes at the (faux) pitstop.

We didn't see any at the pit stop but Kristina was holding a small beige box with chinese caracters. This was still at the detour site as she was telling Ron to get his thing.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #151 on: March 14, 2011, 01:22:25 AM »
Good maps for Old Town are hard to find. The first place is selling grass ???. Still looking for the candy/watermill place.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #152 on: March 14, 2011, 03:15:13 AM »
The teams were instructed to "eventually" deliver a box of candy to Phil, but I didn't notice any candy boxes at the (faux) pitstop.

Ron ate them all. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #153 on: March 14, 2011, 03:21:12 AM »
One of the best and most suspenseful episodes in a while! I am guessing the 30 mins penalty that was overheard is for taking another flight?

So you really think, that after penalizing themselves about 6 hours by getting lost driving to the airport, TPTB will penalize them another 30 minutes?

Actually if people would have researched the flight options for that day, you probably would understand why teams were forced to fly on that 9:50am flight.

I believe that there may have been an unseen task here... teams had to get their flight tickets from one particular travel agent before going to the airport. Which might explain perhaps how K/V got lost.

Note we don't see teams buying tickets at the airport...they already have them?

And I will bet that K/V do get a penalty of some sort for not taking the "required" flight. Otherwise why require it??  :duno: though...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #154 on: March 14, 2011, 03:33:56 AM »
From Phil's Diary:

The Gondola shot
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #155 on: March 14, 2011, 04:27:28 AM »
Just wanted to say whatever R/C were riding before getting on the conventional bus with door WAS marked, so penalizing them would be inappropriate...

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #156 on: March 14, 2011, 05:27:19 AM »

And I will bet that K/V do get a penalty of some sort for not taking the "required" flight. Otherwise why require it??  :duno: though...

Well since they let them go, starting at 830 pm........that means about a 28 hour pit stop. There were lots of flights before the 940am flight. BUT if they took any of those.........they would get to Lijiang in the afternoon and start the leg in darkness and end in darkness.....not good for HD filming......is it? By forceing teams to take that 950 flight........they insured that no teams could get to Lijiang before the next morning, so they could film in daylight. Also...they didnt have to pay the local crew to be a the tasks all night long waiting for teams.

But TPTB have been doing all sort of different stuff.........so they just might hand out a penalty for getting lost.

The editing showed K/V getting their tickets at the airport........whether they did or not.....?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 05:34:08 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #157 on: March 14, 2011, 06:44:02 AM »

And I will bet that K/V do get a penalty of some sort for not taking the "required" flight. Otherwise why require it??  :duno: though...

Well since they let them go, starting at 830 pm........that means about a 28 hour pit stop. There were lots of flights before the 940am flight. BUT if they took any of those.........they would get to Lijiang in the afternoon and start the leg in darkness and end in darkness.....not good for HD filming......is it? By forceing teams to take that 950 flight........they insured that no teams could get to Lijiang before the next morning, so they could film in daylight. Also...they didnt have to pay the local crew to be a the tasks all night long waiting for teams.

But TPTB have been doing all sort of different stuff.........so they just might hand out a penalty for getting lost.

The editing showed K/V getting their tickets at the airport........whether they did or not.....?

They could have easily slapped an artificial HOO and bunched everyone up....

jiajia12

« Reply #158 on: March 14, 2011, 11:05:29 AM »
Hey anyone catch our stalker for the china leg,Cord ask him for help to find the Rooster,he was holding the camera :hearts: :hearts:

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #159 on: March 14, 2011, 11:14:52 AM »

If the goths got tickets for the mandatory flight at the travel agent, they would have to "exchange" them for their new flight at the airport.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #160 on: March 14, 2011, 11:55:03 AM »
I imagine the thirty minute penalty the Goths are given is either for taking the wrong flight or for losing something.

Did anyone notice that CBS did not air Phil telling the teams there would be a U-Turn on the next leg?
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #161 on: March 14, 2011, 12:06:30 PM »
Did anyone notice that CBS did not air Phil telling the teams there would be a U-Turn on the next leg?

Isn't that information usually in the clue?  "Caution, U-Turn Ahead"

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #162 on: March 14, 2011, 12:08:05 PM »
I would think that the Goths do get a penalty for taking the wrong flight. Like "You were meant to ride the 9:50 A.M. required flight and did not, and for that you have received a 30 minute penalty." For example, Brian and Ericka in Season 15 walked on foot to the Detour location (I think) in the Netherlands rather than taking bikes. They didn't gain any time (it actually cost them quite a bit of time) but they were penalized for not following the rules.

So I would assume that you get a 30-minute penalty for doing something that you aren't supposed to do, including taking a different transportation from the required one, regardless of whether or not you gain time from it.

Also when Justin asks Kent "So you didn't take the flight that we were supposed to take?" I think it's foreshadowing something... xD

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #163 on: March 14, 2011, 12:08:40 PM »

Isn't that information usually in the clue?  "Caution, U-Turn Ahead"

Our friends in China said Phil told teams there would be a U-Turn on the next leg when they came to the mat.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #164 on: March 14, 2011, 12:09:46 PM »
Also when Justin asks Kent "So you didn't take the flight that we were supposed to take?" I think it's foreshadowing something... xD

I agree. I don't think the editors would have included it otherwise.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #165 on: March 14, 2011, 01:43:38 PM »
We still don't know for sure if there's any NEL penalty this season. I think the odds are that K/V will get the 30 minute penalty for not being on the required flight, they won't have any "time saved" added to that penalty since they didn't save any time.
I suspect they will be hit with a NEL penalty of some sort; if not that means WRP has abandoned the NEL penalty this season.
I also suspect K/V will also be U-Turned; in fact, if the teams use their brains (looking at M/L in particular), they will also U-Turn Z/J.
-- theschnauzers

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #166 on: March 14, 2011, 04:20:36 PM »
It is interesting to note that Phil did not say teams are under no obligation to use this flight. Similar to the Season 14 flight where teams had to go through Moscow to get to their next destination, however even in that case there was more than one way to get there.

I also think that the flight research was done at the stop over on the way to Kunming - the teams seemed way to relaxed haha

Offline Kelsey_x

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #167 on: March 15, 2011, 06:26:48 AM »

They could have easily slapped an artificial HOO and bunched everyone up....

What is HOO?

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #168 on: March 15, 2011, 06:30:26 AM »

Offline Kelsey_x

• RFF Jr. Member

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #170 on: March 15, 2011, 09:32:26 AM »
Where can I find the CBS Cares (and not TAR Cares. :res:) video of Phil?
If it was just of TAR and not by a TV Station, more and more people will share the sympathy of the event. *sigh*
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #171 on: March 15, 2011, 10:23:21 AM »
We still don't know for sure if there's any NEL penalty this season. I think the odds are that K/V will get the 30 minute penalty for not being on the required flight, they won't have any "time saved" added to that penalty since they didn't save any time.
I suspect they will be hit with a NEL penalty of some sort; if not that means WRP has abandoned the NEL penalty this season.

Well this is a TBC leg, just like Sydney. Jet and Cord were not penalized for checking in at the Sydney faux pit stop last, so I'm inclined think that this one works the same way and Kent and Vyxsin will not be penalized either. I think they might have just replaced NELs with TBC legs for this season to make it harder.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #172 on: March 15, 2011, 10:27:21 AM »
I think they might have just replaced NELs with TBC legs for this season to make it harder.

So far. ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #173 on: March 15, 2011, 10:28:29 AM »
Where can I find the CBS Cares (and not TAR Cares. :res:) video of Phil?
If it was just of TAR and not by a TV Station, more and more people will share the sympathy of the event. *sigh*

It is in Phil's thread and on the CBS site, but prob not visible to you either place. I will upload it...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #174 on: March 15, 2011, 10:45:36 AM »
Here you go:

RFF's Golden Rule: