Author Topic: Top 12 Girls Discussion  (Read 10116 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Top 12 Girls Discussion
« on: March 03, 2011, 08:43:16 AM »
Watching now...

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: Top 12 Girls Discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 08:50:07 AM »
Ta-Tynisa's Only Girl... i could sense Simon watching and the comments coming into my head.. "That was cheesy and utterly horrendous".

Her performance shocked my sister who watched the show for the first time and said.. Wow, that's scary!

Seriously, it's too way over the top.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 08:51:21 AM »
Milwaukee's Summertime...

Omg. I absolutely agree with Randy. After Fantasia sang Summertime, nailed and killed it. No OTHER american idol hopeful should even think of attempting the song.

Her rendition was mediocre and FORGETFUL!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 09:08:45 AM »
Kendra Chantelle... SURPRISE.

I didn't really remember her being featured that much in Hollywood week. But this beautiful woman (i say the prettiest of all :neener:) can sing!

I was surprised and impressed by her performance. It didn't blow me away, but i'm satisfied with it after a weird 2 starting performances.

Rachel Zevita - Too drama, it felt weird and she was kinda shaky. I didn't know if that performance will be remembered at all or not.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 09:29:34 AM »
Karen Rodriguez, it was pretty unique.. Spanish... first time i've heard someone singing half of the song in spanish on Idol.

I don't know it will work out for her or not. It didn't impress me like Kendra's performance, but it was decent.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 09:34:45 AM »
Karen Rodriguez, it was pretty unique.. Spanish... first time i've heard someone singing half of the song in spanish on Idol.

I don't know it will work out for her or not. It didn't impress me like Kendra's performance, but it was decent.

Singing half a song in Spanish does sound unique. Idol contestants should do more different things like this.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 09:37:59 AM »
It's weird, but I find myself identifying with Randy so much more this season. There was more than one performance where I felt that the contestants weren't that good, but Steven and Jennifer felt otherwise. And then, Randy would disagree with their opinion and I would be like, "YEAH!!!!!" Randy seems to be the Simon of this season!

The performances that stood out for me tonight were Kendra's, Karen's, Thia's, Lauren Alaina's, and Pia's. But I won't be surprised if at least one of these girls do not get voted into the Top 12. We all know how shocking the results can get.

And what was Julie thinking when she chose a Kelly Clarkson song? The moment Ryan said that someone was gonna sing a song by Kelly Clarkson, I was like, oh, no, you're dead.

Here's hoping that the Top 12 will be made up of worthy contestants.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 09:38:40 AM »

Singing half a song in Spanish does sound unique. Idol contestants should do more different things like this.

No actually. I prefer them to sing in English. Thank you very much. If we need a spanish singing competition they can go join Spanish Idol or what.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 09:39:32 AM »
It's weird, but I find myself identifying with Randy so much more this season. There was more than one performance where I felt that the contestants weren't that good, but Steven and Jennifer felt otherwise. And then, Randy would disagree with their opinion and I would be like, "YEAH!!!!!" Randy seems to be the Simon of this season!

The performances that stood out for me tonight were Kendra's, Karen's, Thia's, Lauren Alaina's, and Pia's. But I won't be surprised if at least one of these girls do not get voted into the Top 12. We all know how shocking the results can get.

And what was Julie thinking when she chose a Kelly Clarkson song? The moment Ryan said that someone was gonna sing a song by Kelly Clarkson, I was like, oh, no, you're dead.

Here's hoping that the Top 12 will be made up of worthy contestants.

I was like.. Breakaway??

. . .

:lol3:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 09:40:43 AM »
Lauren Turner, she was a little bit over the top.. but decent vocals. I would say she has a whacky personality and i won't be surprise if she did get through.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 09:41:07 AM »
Ashthon Jones = Big voice, with wrong song = BYE BYE. :groan:

Julie Zorrilla can just literally Breakaway from the competition already.

And then finally................

WE GOT Haley Reinhart!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She blew me away with her performance...!! Am i the only one who's ALONE? I love her rendition of the song.. the sexy husky tone!! She was amazing... i thought Randy was B**sh*ting!! I loved it!!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 09:49:03 AM »

No actually. I prefer them to sing in English. Thank you very much. If we need a spanish singing competition they can go join Spanish Idol or what.

This is perhaps the most perplexing element of singing competitions: everyone has a slightly different opinion because there is no true standard to measure music by save for public opinion, which is what drives the music market. Yet in the end, there are those who exist outside of public opinion as well as those who exist within public opinion and those who are halfway.

In the end, music is in the eye of the beholder and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 09:56:12 AM »
Then Thia Megia came and made me forget about Haley. But the song seemed abit way too big for her. She sang decent, sincerely.. but she seemed uncomfortable. But she'll be fine. I want to see her get through!

Lauren Alaina has the best performance of the night for me, IMO. Good stage presence, good vocals. I don't know, i think she's an awesome singer.. A NATURAL TALENT!

Pia Toscano.. okay, the starting was weird for me, but i liked the ending. That's about it. It sure didn't wow-ed me like the judges did. But whatever, lol.

WHO I WANT TO SEE IN THE TOP 5 GIRLS:
Pia, Thia (these 2 rhymes!), Lauren, Haley and Kendra.

I think Kendra will be replaced by Lauren Turner or what.

But seriously, the others don't deserve to make it through. If Pia, Thia, Lauren (16) and Haley don't make it.. (:;) (:;) (:;)

I don't know.. i'm very attracted to Haley's voice and singing style!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 09:57:18 AM »

This is perhaps the most perplexing element of singing competitions: everyone has a slightly different opinion because there is no true standard to measure music by save for public opinion, which is what drives the music market. Yet in the end, there are those who exist outside of public opinion as well as those who exist within public opinion and those who are halfway.

In the end, music is in the eye of the beholder and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I definitely didn't have anything against your opinion. I was just telling you what i feel. You don't have to be so defensive. :lol3:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 09:58:14 AM »
I wasn't being defensive; I just turned into apskip for a minute there! :lol3:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 09:58:25 AM »
In the end, music is in the eye EAR of the beholder

:tup:

I need the YouTube vids posted please.  :-[ Missed the whole darn thing.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 09:58:55 AM »
In the end, music is in the eye EAR of the beholder

:tup:

I need the YouTube vids posted please.  :-[ Missed the whole darn thing.

I guess "eye" doesn't really make any sense, does it? :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 10:15:08 AM »
I wasn't being defensive; I just turned into apskip for a minute there! :lol3:

:lol3: They say birds of the same feathers flock together and i didn't believe it! :ascared

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 04:08:19 PM »
I can't believe it :groan: I actually agree with Joab with most of his choices to go through.  I do disagree about the English and Spanish...She has a beautiful voice.  One observation I had on the night was the songs seemed too old.