Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 5 "Don't Ruin the Basketball Game" (Kunming, China)  (Read 126327 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: TAR 18 Ep 5 "Don't Ruin the Basketball Game" (Kunming, China)
« Reply #275 on: March 20, 2011, 08:46:09 AM »
Jaime = HAWT. :lol:

Offline Shelact

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #276 on: March 20, 2011, 09:10:08 AM »
I've been a lurker for many years.   I love and admire the work you all do.  I finally felt I had to post something that I think will be of interest to all you spoilers.

Two weeks ago when I went to the CBS site on Sunday morning I saw that my Fantasy lineup choices for that night had been removed which was strange because the show hadn't aired yet.   I went to to the "set lineup" screen and Mel and Mike were already missing but they hadn't been eliminated yet.   Last week my choices were missing again on Sunday morning but since no one was eliminated all the same teams were still there.

I just went to the site this morning and again my choices weren't there but this time Jaime and Cara were missing from the "set lineup" choices.   CBS is giving away who is eliminated before the show airs.  I couldn't keep quiet about this.  Since I love spoilers as much as you all do I felt this information was finally something I could contribute in thanks for all the information you've given me for many years.

Thanks to all of you the first 3 eliminations have been known for months but now just by going to the CBS site the morning of the telecast we can find out which team will be eliminated that night if CBS continues to do this.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #277 on: March 20, 2011, 09:33:43 AM »
Interesting! Thanks Shelact! Welcome (finally) to RFF!  :lol:

:bigwelcome
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #278 on: March 20, 2011, 09:41:32 AM »
I've been a lurker for many years.   I love and admire the work you all do.  I finally felt I had to post something that I think will be of interest to all you spoilers.

Two weeks ago when I went to the CBS site on Sunday morning I saw that my Fantasy lineup choices for that night had been removed which was strange because the show hadn't aired yet.   I went to to the "set lineup" screen and Mel and Mike were already missing but they hadn't been eliminated yet.   Last week my choices were missing again on Sunday morning but since no one was eliminated all the same teams were still there.

I just went to the site this morning and again my choices weren't there but this time Jaime and Cara were missing from the "set lineup" choices.   CBS is giving away who is eliminated before the show airs.  I couldn't keep quiet about this.  Since I love spoilers as much as you all do I felt this information was finally something I could contribute in thanks for all the information you've given me for many years.

Thanks to all of you the first 3 eliminations have been known for months but now just by going to the CBS site the morning of the telecast we can find out which team will be eliminated that night if CBS continues to do this.

:welcome2: to RFF Shelact...glad you are here!

Yes, a group of us also noted that with Mike and Mel and notified CBS. I hoped it was a temporary game glitch but will notify the CBS moderator right now...again.  :groan:The CBS webmonkeys have made horrible game related errors this time, there are all sorts of mistakes, we have people actively working to correct this but with limited success so far.

Many thanks...don't be a stranger now that you have delurked, and good luck in the game!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Shelact

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #279 on: March 20, 2011, 11:17:21 AM »
Thank You Peach.   I knew you would "welcome" me and I was looking forward to it.  I've been an admirer of yours for years.

I am going to ask a question since you mentioned that you have contact with CBS.   Do you know why they stopped posting Elimination Station videos?   Also do we know where the Elimination Station is for this season?

I'll post in the future if I feel I have something constructive to say.  I've loved the race from the beginning.   I've applied twice.  Once with my son and once with my daughter.   I really thought I had a good chance with my daughter since our relationship is strained but we do love each other.  We would have to work out being together 24/7 and try not to bicker so we could work together.    Didn't happen.   

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #280 on: March 20, 2011, 11:27:49 AM »
My only CBS contact is thru the game board help desk, but I know multiple attempts were made to correct this last time as well. Webmonkeys don't work weekends so it becomes pass the buck time.

I do know that ES was in Thailand, and that they chose not to film it...but don't know why. It was a beloved addition to our footage, and like ESM, will be greatly missed.

Keep trying! I am all in favor of great family combos and love when fans get to be racers...good luck!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #281 on: March 20, 2011, 11:35:11 AM »

Thanks for telling us this.  This might help me make my choices on who will be eliminated on a different message board.

Belle Book

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #282 on: March 20, 2011, 12:38:02 PM »
Great stuff Shelact! Keep contributing, we would love to have you. Also make sure you tell us when you find out who is going to be eliminated.  :lol:

I find it very unusual that the CBS site glitches have deteriorated this much. All the better for us though.  :snicker:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #283 on: March 20, 2011, 01:25:40 PM »
Great stuff Shelact! Keep contributing, we would love to have you. Also make sure you tell us when you find out who is going to be eliminated.  :lol:

I find it very unusual that the CBS site glitches have deteriorated this much. All the better for us though.  :snicker:

Actually it isn't good for anyone.

It spoils the game for people who may not want to be spoiled...we are careful here to avoid that.

It calls the integrity of the game into question.

Anyway...we are WAY :ot: so back to Ep 5 here please.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #284 on: March 20, 2011, 01:34:15 PM »
They only ones we haven't see so far at the RB is Gary and Mallory. Could they have used their EP to skip the RB? At some point they were having a heeted argument with a taxi driver, so there is a possibility they got lost and decided to use the EP, fearing elimination.
Does anyone knows if they have to arrive at a task before using it or if they can use it even en route?

I think they need to be in a location where they can get the next clue.  If you are stuck in traffic and want to skip the next task, you would have no way of knowing where to go next.

gator27,
It is not clear from what happened in Sweden when Jill and Thomas used the only Express Pass previously used. When they arrived at the task they were unsure about, they made a calculated risk decision and presented their Express Pass to avoid that risk. We have no way of knowing what would have happened if they made the decision while receiving the clue to the undesired task. 

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #285 on: March 20, 2011, 01:36:43 PM »

Actually it isn't good for anyone.

It spoils the game for people who may not want to be spoiled...we are careful here to avoid that.

It calls the integrity of the game into question.

Well it's good for me. :lol: It would be alright to post it if they do it next time right? This is a spoiler thread.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #286 on: March 20, 2011, 05:02:44 PM »
Thats a good question Peach.

I know in general that we prefer are spoilers to be from either Eye witness accounts (like for example Coutzy, Izad, Chateau, ect), but we have worked off of press and production materials before (though thats also one where we do see limits now as to how much does get released).

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #287 on: March 20, 2011, 05:10:04 PM »
Of course it can be posted if it is still there. But I am trying to be sure it isn't! :neener:

I don't think people who don't choose to be spoiled should be...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #288 on: March 20, 2011, 05:21:59 PM »
Can you imagine if this was the last episode and that was out...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #289 on: March 20, 2011, 06:41:10 PM »
I don't like benefitting from someone else's mistake, but that is just me. Anyway, have done what I can to see this gets fixed...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #290 on: March 20, 2011, 08:31:54 PM »
Who said the title?? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #291 on: March 20, 2011, 08:35:23 PM »
Who said the title?? ???
It was obviously Brooke  :hides
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #292 on: March 20, 2011, 08:42:06 PM »
:lol: :lol: :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BK_amazing_race

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #293 on: March 20, 2011, 08:47:04 PM »
I think Mallory may have said the title but I may be wrong.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #294 on: March 20, 2011, 08:47:52 PM »
Just rewinded it. sounds like Mallory or Margie? :lol: After rewinding, it sounds like Margie? Not the globes for sure though

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #295 on: March 20, 2011, 08:49:20 PM »
Just rewinded it. sounds like Mallory or Margie? :lol: After rewinding, it sounds like Margie? Not the globes for sure though

On Joab's game the selection of "any other team" should correct. :yess: I picked Cord on the other one though. :(

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #296 on: March 20, 2011, 09:09:39 PM »
Well it was interesting to see that the "lost" fanny pack really had nothing to do with  the outcome of this episode. Nor the penalty for the missed flight, nor the Double U Turn..........seems the only reason that Jamie/Cara came in last was the fact that she couldn't solve a puzzle faster than the other RB contestants. In fact, she was substantially much slower at it. I do realize they had to stop and get gas again. The driver realized it was a long way to the Stone Forest and didnt want to run out. But J/C still got there before other teams.
Matthew 7:15

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #297 on: March 21, 2011, 12:31:52 AM »
Flight Time said the title...

Now Wiki says Mallory... damn Wiki.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 06:52:17 AM by redskevin88 »

Offline thespicdatum

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #298 on: March 21, 2011, 01:10:35 AM »
Jaime = HAWT. :lol:

Now there's no more eyecandy in the race. I'm sad.

Good thing the cowboys made first.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 08:10:51 AM by TexasLady »

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #299 on: March 21, 2011, 06:26:19 AM »
The racers, especially Jamie, were quite tired at the Roadblock.  One thing that was not mentioned last night is that Kunming is 6000 ft above sea level.  I would not be surprised if the altitude added to the tiredness.