Author Topic: The Bachelorette 7: Ashley Hebert  (Read 44249 times)

Online RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: The Bachelorette 7: Ashley Hebert
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2011, 08:29:38 AM »
Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette' episode 2

I hope you all had a great Memorial Day holiday. I hope you also took a moment to remember what it’s all about. To start this week I’d like to thank all of those that have served or are still bravely serving our great country.

There’s so much I want to talk to you about this week, but there’s a dark cloud hanging over this show right now and it’s really hard to talk about anything other than Bentley. I’m going to put him on the back burner for a moment and talk about a few other things before we deal with him. The first thing we did this week was move the guys into the mansion. Usually this is a very easy, uneventful morning and this time was much the same, except for one small problem. Once I talked to the guys in the driveway and sent them in, I noticed there was something – rather, someone –was missing. Jeff “The Mask” rode alone with a producer to the house and he was still in the car when I moved the rest of the guys in the mansion. We quickly realized “The Mask” was missing and we did it over again.

Now let’s deal with the elephant in the room, Bentley. Many of you have asked why we allowed Bentley to stay on the show and why I along with the producers didn’t warn her about him. I usually stay pretty impartial while talking to the Bachelor or Bachelorette. I am free to give my opinion but I don’t think it’s my place to ever tell anybody on or off TV what to do and who to love or not to love. I give my opinion and ask probing questions that will help get my point across, but I really think its important for the person to figure things out for themselves and it’s presumptuous to think I know what’s best for them. With that said, this was not the case with Bentley. Ashley will attest to the fact that I told her that first night she might want to nip this in the bud and send him packing, or at the very least be extremely careful with this guy. She convinced me and everybody else that she was going to give him a chance and follow her gut. Once the show starts I can and did continue to warn her and talk to her about this guy. (You’ll see more of my deliberations with her in future episodes.) To say Bentley is not here for the right reasons is a gross understatement. But it seemed the more I warned Ashley and told her to run for the hills, the more she protected and defended him. At some point you have to let the person find out for him or herself what the truth really is.

Let me be very clear the things he said about Ashley and his feelings for her weren’t cute and they weren’t funny. They were out of line and disrespectful. He knew for a fact he wasn’t into Ashley and wanted nothing to do with her, yet he continued to lead her on emotionally and physically as well, and that in my book is not cool. Bentley played Ashley this week and got a rose on the group date. As you saw in the preview things come to a head and unravel in a major way next week. We’ve had so-called bad guys or villains on this show before but we’ve never had anything like this. What you will see next week will easily be one of the most talked about moments ever. There won’t be one viewer that won’t have a very strong opinion about what unfolds. We’ve had plenty of dramatic moments over the years and I even joke about using that word all the time. This is different and it is nothing to joke about. You will see the wheels completely come off this ride for Ashley – so much so we came very close to having to shut down production on our show. There was a very real chance that Ashley was done and so was this season. It was a mess, and you will see every bit of it next Monday night. I know many of you will have a lot to say about Bentley and this episode and what’s to come, and I look forward to reading them all. You can always find me on twitter @chrisbharrison, and you can catch up on full Bachelorette episodes at abc.com/bachelorette.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/05/31/chris-harrison-the-bachelorette-episode-2-blog/

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2011, 08:37:28 AM »
Ok i watched last nite episode to just see how things were going for Ashely and OMG she's kissed more guys on the first 2 episodes than she kissed Brad all alst season! :lol3:

I really thought  Jeff aka Zoro wanna be was gonna reveal himself. I think the editing was pretty crappy..  and i wanna say production sorta got in Ahsely's ear to keep him around becuase from what i saw everyone  else there was able to  at least voice thier opinion while jeff wandered around solo  and only doing audio drop  to his clips.

I will watch next week cuz that guy bentley that's playing everyone kills me!!!  I dont want to see Ashely cry over a :loser:  I hope that someone eventually kicks his ass outside of the show for bing such a jerk!! :ugot

pretty weird.. i actaully think the women handle this show way better as contestants than the men do :duno:

zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2011, 09:27:14 AM »
I know who goes out every week up to final four and next week is gonna be a good one! Can't wait.

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2011, 03:44:55 PM »
ABC press release:

NEXT WEEK ON THE BACHELORETTE (6/6)

COULD THE BACHELORETTE'S JOURNEY BE OVER BEFORE IT REALLY GETS STARTED?
A DOWNWARD SPIRAL OF EMOTIONS AND TEARS HAS ASHLEY QUESTIONING
WHETHER SHE SHOULD QUIT RIGHT NOW, ON ABC'S "THE BACHELORETTE"

Bentley, the Most Villainous Bachelor in the Show's History, May Get the Last Laugh as
He Has Everyone Fooled - Including Ashley -- With His Calculated Lies and Manipulative Charm

"Episode 703" - One jaw-dropping week is all it takes to put Ashley's journey into a tailspin and threaten her opportunity for the future happiness she is seeking. It all starts with one of the largest orchestrated flash mobs in history, which serves as a backdrop for a wild individual date. Ashley chooses Ben C. to "trip the light fantastic" with her - and hundreds of strangers. However, the Bachelorette finds herself the target of a comedy roast when 10 men take playful aim at their heart's desire. But William foolishly steps over the line and bring her to tears. Bentley rushes to comfort her - but little does she know that this is all a part of his huge, selfish ruse. And when he dishes out some devastating news to Ashley, she is shocked and destroyed. Will she be able to recover in time for another date, or will thing spiral even further out of control? On a tense night, Ashley provokes panic among the bachelors when she cancels the cocktail party, but will she be able to right the ship and move on to find love? "The Bachelorette" airs MONDAY, JUNE 6 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on ABC.

Note: This episode of "The Bachelorette" will be available for review on ABC Medianet on Tuesday, May 31. It will be rebroadcast Saturday, June 11 from 8:00-10:00 p.m., ET.

Ashley takes Ben C. to a private dance studio where she attempts to teach him a few quick dance steps. A little out of his element, Ben C. manages to keep up, but that afternoon she takes him to an open air mall. As the couple practice their dance moves right there in public, hundreds of strangers join in behind them in a very large flash mob. Ben C. has been flashed! Far*East Movement, whose music was played for the flash mob dance, appears live to give the couple and onlookers a special concert. That night at a romantic dinner, Ashley admits to him that she is afraid that not all the men are there for her. Will Ben C. prove that he alone has eyes for her, or will the date end in a catastrophe?

When Ashley arrives at the mansion to pick up 10 men for a special group date, Jeff decides the time has come to finally reveal his face to the Bachelorette. What will Ashley's response be to finally seeing the masked man? Then it's off to the Comedy Store where roast master general Jeffrey Ross explains to the guys that they will participate in a roast - of Ashley - in front of a packed house. Some of the men are reticent about making jokes at Ashley's expense, but William decides to go for it, with disastrous results, bringing the Bachelorette to tears. And things only get worse when she decides to find solace in Bentley's arms. Unbeknownst to her, he can't pass up an opportunity to "mess with her head." To him it's all a big game.

At the after the party that night, Ashley addresses the guys, letting them know that some of them stepped over the line with their hurtful jokes. William, who is very apologetic, can only find one way to make amends and makes a dash to the exit. But will he come back? And who will be the recipient of the rose - Bentley or another man who is really full of good intentions?

And then the roof caves in... Bentley delivers a knock-out blow to Ashley when he gives her the crushing news that will put an end to her hopes, and has her questioning if she can move on. How will she handle this emotional juggernaut? She knows she needs to somehow pull it together for an individual date with J.P., who deserves her full attention like the other men that are there. But will she be able to reclaim her dignity and her hopeful romantic optimism?

Distraught over the difficult week, Ashley cancels the cocktail party and causes fear in the hearts of some of the bachelors. Only 12 men remain after the rose ceremony, so there will be some heartbroken men. But will the Bachelorette be able to mend her own heart and persevere to find her happy ending?

The 15 remaining men are:

Ames, 31, portfolio manager from New York, NY
Ben C., 28, lawyer from New Orleans, LA
Ben F., 28, winemaker from Sonoma, CA
Bentley, 28, businessman from Salt Lake City, UT
Blake, 27, dentist from Greenville, SC
Chris D., 25, sports marketing coordinator from Chicago, IL
Constantine, 30, restaurant owner from Atlanta, GA
Jeff, 35, entrepreneur from St. Louis, MO
J.P., 34, construction manager from New York, NY
Lucas, 30, oilfield equipment distributor from Odessa, TX
Mickey, 31, chef from Cleveland, OH
Nick, 26, personal trainer from Tampa, FL
Ryan P, 31, solar energy executive from Corona Del Mar, CA
West, 30, lawyer from Chapin, SC
William, 30, cellular phone salesman from Galloway, OH

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=053111_01

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2011, 03:49:16 PM »
I now know how the entire season goes all the way to the final guy. If you want to know, shoot me a PM.

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2011, 03:30:20 AM »
Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette' episode 3

While I’m sitting here writing this blog all I really want to know is what all of you think of what went down this week and how it all happened. I’ve been asked several times this week if I think Bentley is the biggest “villain” we’ve ever had on this show. My first thought is that’s really something for you guys to judge, not me. My second thought is the “villain” title really doesn’t do justice to what went down here. It softens the blow and simplifies things too much in my opinion, but again that’s really up to you guys. There’s a lot more I will say about Bentley but I do want to talk about several other things, as this was an eye-opening episode from top to bottom.

The first date with Ben C. was incredibly cool. Like the Vegas date with William last week it was very public at the Americana at Brand mall for the entire world to see. I love these public dates, as it adds an extra dimension to our show, letting fans see what’s going on from time to time while we’re shooting. The flash mob was another excellent idea from our producers executed to the highest level, and the appearance by Far East Movement was the icing on the cake.

Before the group date came the moment that we’ve all been waiting for, the moment to end all moments, the unveiling of the mask. The giant thud you heard was this moment falling flatter than William’s jokes on the comedy date. I really didn’t have a problem with Jeff showing up in a mask. Ironically the guy showed up in the mask to make sure Ashley got to know exactly who he was, but in the end I don’t think he ever got to show who he was because the mask became his personality — it became bigger than him, and when he took it off he and Ashley really had nowhere to go.

After the less than impressive unveiling it was time for the group date at the famous Comedy Store on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood, which was another very public date. The only difference is this date didn’t end so well. Jeffrey Ross was kind enough to lend us his talented comedic skills. I’m a big fan of the roast master and it was an honor having him on the show. I have mixed feelings about how this date went down. On one hand, it was supposed to be a roast and in that vein the guys should be able to pull no punches. On the other hand, you just can’t be so ridiculous to think that it’s ever a good idea to roast the girl whose affections you’re trying to win. With that said, William got way too excited about fulfilling his dream of becoming the next Dennis Miller and forgot to be a smart, sensible man. The big difference between William and a guy like Bentley is William quickly realized the error of his ways, felt sick about it and apologized many times. Ryan absolutely killed it during his one on one time with Ashley after the roast, saying just the right things and comforting her after a rough day, and he deservedly got the rose. During their one on one time on this date, Ashley basically called Bentley out but once again he pulled the wool over her eyes. I was asked this week why Bentley decided to leave and when. I’m not positive, but something about not getting the rose on this group date seemed to set the wheels in motion.

Whenever he decided he was going to leave, he pulled the trigger the next morning. Let me be very clear about my thoughts on Bentley and him leaving. I have no problem with him coming on the show. I have no problem with him coming on the show even if he was hoping our bachelorette was going to be Emily. You never know what can happen when you meet somebody. I also don’t have a problem with him deciding it was time to leave, that’s completely up to him. I also didn’t have a problem with him using his daughter as an excuse to leave and let Ashley down easy; that’s not the way I would have handled the situation, but so be it. My issue is he appears to have come on the show with bad intentions, and when he decided to leave, he messed with Ashley’s head by leading her on and letting her believe that there’s still a chance for them to be together. He knew Ashley had fallen for him, and instead of just leaving and letting her go he took one last inappropriate shot by ending it with that ridiculous “dot-dot-dot” garbage.

Many have wondered why he was ever allowed on the show and how he was allowed to stay as long as he did. The simple answer is it was always up to Ashley. She made the decision to allow him on the show that first night. After Ashley received the texts warning her about Bentley, we offered her the option of not even having to meet the guy, but she decided to give him a shot. Every step of the way — despite warnings from producers, myself and others — Ashley stuck to her guns and believed in this guy. In Ashley’s defense she wasn’t privy to all the things Bentley said behind her back. Ashley made a deal with herself that this time around she would open herself up to be vulnerable and give herself every opportunity to find love. She just never figured there would be a guy like this who would take advantage of that in such a negative way. I’ve talked to her this week and I know she feels foolish for being taken advantage of, but she shouldn’t. Yes she made the decision to keep him around, but I understand why. You have to open yourself up to really make this work and that’s exactly what she did.

My talk with Ashley in the deliberation room before the rose ceremony was a tough one. Her greatest insecurity and fear was realized and at that point she didn’t believe in herself or that this could work for her. The only problem is she doesn’t get much time to heal her heart and put things in perspective. She has twelve guys still here giving up their lives to find love, and they really don’t understand just how much Ashley had fallen for Bentley. As we move forward this will be the dilemma we deal with. Obviously you will be the real judge and jury as to what you think about Bentley and how he handled himself. More than ever I look forward to your questions and comments. For much more on the show you can check out our official web site thebachelor.tv. This week we’ll have some cool features, including “Ask the Bachelorette,” “Ask the Mask,” and a video from Michelle Money giving her final thoughts on Bentley. You can also always find me on twitter @chrisbharrison.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/06/07/chris-harrison-the-bachelorette-episode-3-blog/
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 03:35:32 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2011, 12:14:20 AM »
ABC press release:

ASHLEY - STILL REELING FROM BENTLEY'S DEVASTATING DEPARTURE -
TAKES HER 12 REMAINING MEN TO PHUKET, THAILAND TO TRY TO
MEND HER BROKEN HEART, ON ABC'S "THE BACHELORETTE"

"Episode 704" - Ashley hopes that southern Thailand will be the perfect place to start over and move forward in her search for a happy ending, as she begins her round-the-world journey with the 12 remaining men. How will she be affected long term by Bentley's deceitfulness and game playing? One of the best ways to help mend a broken heart is to get involved in helping others, so Ashley takes 10 of the bachelors to assist in the renovation of Baan San Fan orphanage, which houses children who lost parents in the devastating 2004 tsunami. The Bachelorette also explores some astonishing sea caves off the coast of Thailand with Ames, as she attempts to delve into their relationship. And will a cancelled first date with Constantine lead to something more romantic and exciting? Everything has changed for Ashley. Still shaken from the raw emotions she felt about Bentley, she needs to make sure these guys are all here for her. Finally, two men face off as nerves are fraying before the dramatic rose ceremony, on "The Bachelorette," MONDAY, JUNE 13 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on ABC.

After arriving at the Renaissance Phuket Resort and Spa in southern Thailand, Constantine discovers he is the first to get an individual date. The couple is looking forward to an adventure on the seas, but as luck would have it, choppy surf and high winds force Ashley to cancel the date. Instead, the two head into town to shop, sightsee and even get some love advice from the locals. The handsome bachelor is taking some of the sting out of Ashley's aching heart. But she needs a real romantic connection. Will Constantine assure Ashley that his is there for her for the long haul and be offered a rose, or will he be the first man sent home from Thailand?

The next day, in an effort to see another side of her bachelors, Ashley takes 10 of her men on a group date that really will make a difference. She meets them at Baan San Fan orphanage, which houses some of the children who lost their parents in the horrific 2004 tsunami. The men quickly take up renovating, painting and decorating the place these youngsters now call home. Ben even decides to paint a mural for the kids. For the moment, J.P. concentrates on the work even though he has other romantic things on his mind. At the after party, however, one bachelor demands more of Ashley's time and J.P. is emboldened to make a move. Who will Ashley decide has made her world a better place and thus get the rose?

The Bachelorette finally does get to take to the sea with Ames as she explores what a possible relationship would be like with him. Kayaking through the sea caves, Ames surprises her with his charm, wit and intelligence, but will his valiant romantic gestures snag him a coveted rose?

The twists and turns keep coming, and at the dramatic rose ceremony, Ashley, still emotional from her run-in with Bentley, expresses her apprehension about whether the bachelors are really here for her. But as time grows short, Blake confronts Ryan P. about the fact that he is annoying all the other men. At the end of the night, 11 men join Ashley as they look forward to more adventures on their trip to Chiang Mai, Thailand.

The 12 remaining men are:

West, 30, lawyer from Chapin, SC

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=060711_02

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2011, 01:33:20 AM »
Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette' episode 4

It’s been a full wild week of fallout from the Bentley exit. Many fans and “publications” have offered opinions and theories about what went down and why. Every interview I do these days begins and usually ends with Bentley. As you all know now this isn’t over and he will return. We had already decided to start traveling this week, but the timing couldn’t have been more perfect. I think after what went down all of us needed a fresh start and a change of scenery.

One of my favorite parts about hosting this show is being able to announce to people that they will be packing their bags and heading somewhere exotic. Telling the guys we were heading to Phuket, Thailand was one of those occasions. They were blown away and extremely excited to be heading to Asia. This season was easily the rainiest season we’ve ever had from start to finish. It rained more than usual while we were shooting in Los Angeles, and as you saw the weather was less than cooperative in Phuket. The weather was so rough at the beginning of the week that Ashley’s date with Constantine was scrapped and ended up becoming a street date. It actually turned out to be a great date and he got the rose. For those of you who have always said we should do normal everyday things on some of these dates, you should have really enjoyed the last couple dates on our show. Ashley’s date with JP at her house and her street date with Constantine were as normal and everyday as you can get. That is, if you normally fly half way around the world to walk down the streets of Phuket! The group date was also not extravagant — it was awesome and moving. We have really made a point the last several years to try to make a difference in all of the beautiful countries we are fortunate enough to visit. The day at the Baan San Fan orphanage was incredible. The work we did there and the gifts we brought really made a difference but so much more needs to be done. I would love to tell you a lot more about this day and this place but instead of taking up all the time and space here in this blog I would really love it if you would take a couple minutes and watch the story we put together about our day there at our web site.

It was at the orphanage when Ashley really began to see Ben F in a new light. She was really taken by his spirit and his creativity. You also probably noticed the guys have been together quite a bit by now and they are starting to wear on each other’s nerves a bit. Ryan especially seems to be rubbing some of the guys the wrong way with his over the top positive attitude. The date with Ames was a pivotal date this season for several reasons. Because Bentley turned Ashley’s world upside down she really started to question everything. In this case it turned out to be a good thing. Going into her date with Ames, there is no doubt that Ashley really figured she wouldn’t be giving him the rose. They just hadn’t had any sort of connection and she had already pretty much moved on. But right away on this date Ashley found Ames fascinating; he really captured her imagination unlike any of the other guys had. He ended up easily getting a rose. One quick side note about this date, the white fruit they were eating on the beach is called dragon fruit. You all might know what that is, but I had no idea and had never seen or tasted it before. It was at all our meals in Phuket and it is really good. The best way to describe it is a mix between Kiwi and watermelon. Another behind the scenes tidbit from Phuket: While Ames was on his date, I stopped by the guys villa to say hello and we ended up playing poker all night. I donated some money to the cause, as did a couple of our producers who thought they were better poker players than they really are. It was a good night, and I enjoyed getting to know the guys a little better. I also noticed there that Ryan was getting on their nerves a bit.

My talk with Ashley this week was far better than the train wreck that was last week’s deliberation. With that said, she was putting on a brave face but I could tell she still wasn’t in a good place. It’s not that she was just going through the motions; she was really enjoying her time with these guys, but I could tell her mind and heart were still with Bentley. That damn “dot-dot-dot” garbage and leaving the door open still left her wondering what if? All of this coupled with the confusion of the Ames date made her question everything so much that she asked me for another rose at the rose ceremony. Right now she’s so emotionally confused she’s really worried about making a mistake by sending a great guy home. Normally I would have put up a bit of a fight and told her that adding a rose will only mean you have a tougher decision sending more guys home down the road, but right now that’s not what she needs to hear. I assured her she was in control of this situation, which she is, and that we would make that happen for her. You can see in this episode that the more dates she goes on the more she seems to be comparing everything and everyone to Bentley.

We head off to the exotic city of Chiang Mai with a dark ominous cloud hanging over us literally and figuratively. Next week’s episode really ends with Ashley in a dark place questioning everything even more than she is now. It was easily her lowest point in the show. You saw a brief glimpse in the previews that leads us to the return of Bentley. I always find it interesting living through these situations and then watching it play out for all of you to see and comment on. I really do enjoy the questions and comments — good and bad — that I get from these episodes. The great thing about this show is that one way or another, we can all relate. We’ve all been there before, and that evokes great emotion in all of us. Thanks for watching, and I look forward to the watching the rest of Ashley’s journey with you. As always for more on the show check out bachelorette.abc.com, and you can always find me on twitter @chrisbharrison

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/06/14/chris-harrison-the-bachelorette-episode-4-blog/
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 01:36:35 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2011, 01:47:32 PM »
ABC press release:

IS ASHLEY OVER HER HEARTBREAKING SETBACK WITH BENTLEY?
IT'S ON TO CHIANG MAI, THAILAND, AS ASHLEY TRIES TO MOVE ON AND
CONNECT WITH ONE OF HER 11 REMAINING MEN, ON ABC'S "THE BACHELORETTE"

Ben C. and William's Dramatic Two-on-One Date Guarantees One Man a Ticket Home

"Episode 705" - The specter of Bentley still looms over Ashley's chances for a happy ending as she and the final 11 men travel to the ancient city of Chiang Mai, Thailand. Still a little shell shocked, Ashley is optimistic that she can prove to her suitors that she has moved on and gotten over her disastrous disappointment attached to Bentley's departure. However, Ben F. has problems opening up to Ashley on their magical, romantic one-on-one date. The dreaded two-on-one date pits Ben C. and William on a scenic raft sailing down a majestic river, and Ashley has a jaw-dropping way to settle the whole decision about who goes home. But will it lead to more heartbreak? And eight brave bachelors get the workout of their lives as they train in Muay Thai boxing and fight each other in front of hundreds of people. The competition takes a frightening turn as one of the men ends up in the hospital. Meanwhile, Ashley realizes she is having trouble bonding with the bachelors, but there are roses to be given out, and the guys sense it is make-or-break time, on "The Bachelorette," MONDAY, JUNE 20 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on ABC.

The bachelors settle into their home base at the Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi, and Ben F. gets the first date with Ashley. The couple hold hands in a Chiang Mai marketplace, and they wind up sitting front of an ancient temple. It takes all of their strength to resist kissing each other at such a sacred site. That night, the romance is renewed between the two as they dine in a beautiful courtyard, but this sensitive bachelor is having trouble revealing his past to Ashley. Will that cost him a rose, or will he find a way to relax and trust the Bachelorette?

The next morning, eight men meet Ashley at an outdoor gym. Whether they are athletic or not, they aren't prepared for learning the traditional Thai art form of Muay Thai boxing. But the real drama begins when they learn they will fight each other in an open-air square in the middle of Chiang Mai in front of hundreds of rooting spectators. The date takes a terrifying turn when Ames is rushed to a local hospital after suffering a blow to the head. That night at the after-party, the somber mood is broken by a surprise visitor - and Ashley has a tough decision to make about who will get the rose.

Two nervous bachelors - Ben C. and William - prepare to go on the dramatic two-on-one date. Ashley takes the men on a memorable raft ride, but the beautiful scenery and playful elephants can't eliminate their apprehension. One man decides to take matters into his own hands and spills secrets about his competition. Will his fiendish plan work? Moments later, Ashley makes a shocking decision about the date and sends one stunned man home. By the end of the evening, Ashley's choices have her wondering if she will find love on this journey or just heartbreak.

An air of anxiety hangs over the cocktail party as Ashley discovers she is having difficulty connecting with the men. She receives comfort from one enthusiastic bachelor, but is hurt by another suitor who confesses he is not sure how strongly he feels about her. Not even a romantic talk with one sweet bachelor can ease her mind. She confides in Chris Harrison what the problem is... She is trying to move forward with the remaining men, but Bentley still has her heart.

Eight men remain at the end of the night, but will Ashley find love with any of them? She will try and figure it out at their next stop, the magnificent city of Hong Kong.

The 11 remaining men are:

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=061411_03

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2011, 08:53:15 AM »
Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette' episode 5

I know this week Bentley’s imminent return will dominate the discussion, and I have some interesting takes on what is happening and what is about to happen next week in Hong Kong — but first let’s talk about this week. We have been to some exotic locations over the last decade, but the city of Chiang Mai in Thailand might just take the cake. The city has so much to offer but the property we stayed at, the Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi, took it to a whole other level. This resort that sits on over sixty acres and includes two working rice paddies in the middle of it. It’s unlike anything I’ve ever seen. You know a resort is big when you can check out mountain bikes just to get around. The guys arrived in old school limos straight out of a James Bond film. The only difference is these limos were not just old school they were old. It was a really hot day and the limos that had A/C weren’t working that well. Let’s just say the guys were more than happy to get out and get to their villa. Speaking of their villa, it was insane. The men stayed in a three story presidential villa complete with a grand piano and incredibly valuable art that the guys were scared to death of breaking.

Ashley’s date with Ben F. was a great experience on the streets of Chiang Mai. It’s easy to get lost in the markets and Temples in this city and that’s exactly what they did. The group date was a tough one, but in my opinion it was one of the coolest dates we had this season. One of the things you have to experience while in Chiang Mai is Muay Thai boxing. Some of our crew and I attended a match the night before so we were excited to see it all play out on this date. A ring was set up for us in the middle of a town square. Fliers were passed out and ads ran on the radio promoting this “fight” drawing a nice crowd. These guys were really put through the wringer on this date. They worked out hard in incredible heat for about three hours before arriving for the actual fight. By the time they showed up at the ring they were all exhausted and a bit dehydrated.

Most the fights were pretty even but not the one between Ryan and Ames. As Ames will be the first to tell you, he’s not a fighter. Being the trooper he is he got out there and gave it his all. Unfortunately that meant he took about five good shots to the head. I was standing right there when Ames climbed out of the ring and I can attest to the fact that he was not all there. He was just sitting there with a blank look on his face and everybody knew something was wrong. He went to the hospital was diagnosed with a minor concussion and was released later that afternoon. I felt bad for Ames, not so much because he got his bell rung but more for the fact that he got wheeled into a hospital in hot pink boxing trunks. In all seriousness, everybody likes Ames and he had a great sense of humor about the whole thing, at least what he remembers about it.

Two-on-one dates just flat-out stink. This one in my opinion was worse than most because of what I will call the Bentley factor. Ashley was not in a good place and really wasn’t open to fighting for either one of these guys in the state she’s in right now. I heard Ben C. made comments about getting back home and being excited about online dating. Whether he was kidding as he claimed, I don’t know, but either way it probably wasn’t a good idea to bring that up to the other guys. William thought he was in the driver’s seat and home free, but Ashley just wasn’t in the mood that night and sent him packing as well. When I broke up the cocktail party I could feel the tension in the air, and when I sat down with Ashley at deliberation I could tell she was in a bad place. A massive thunderstorm blew in that night, very symbolic of what’s going on in Ashley’s mind right now. I will admit I was a little disappointed that she had slipped back in to this place and was still so hung up on Bentley. I was brutally honest with her at deliberation. I firmly believed we reached a serious breaking point. If things continue down this path this isn’t going to end well. There is absolutely no way possible Ashley can find love like this.

At this point we weren’t quite sure what we were going to do about this, but we knew for certain we had to do something. Obviously you’ve seen in the previews, what we were able to do was get Bentley to meet us in Hong Kong next week to face Ashley again and answer all her questions. One way or the other this needs to end for her. A lot has been made about Ashley’s meeting with Bentley but in my opinion the bigger story next week is how the other men react when Ashley comes clean and tells them everything that happened. Next week is an episode not to be missed from start to finish. It will absolutely shape everything that will happen the rest of this season and maybe the rest of Ashley’s life. I look forward to hearing from you this week, and I very much anticipate your reactions to what unfolds next week in Hong Kong. As usual we have a ton of extras for all Bachelorette fans on our official website thebachelor.tv, and you can always find me on twitter @chrisbharrison. One more important personal note this week: I’d like to wish a happy belated Father’s Day to all the dads out there including my own dad, to whom I’m eternally grateful for giving me so much in this life.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/06/21/chris-harrison-bachelorette-episode-5-blog/

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2011, 01:54:54 AM »
ABC press release:

BENTLEY, THE MOST NOTORIOUS BACHELOR EVER, RETURNS TO HONG KONG
TO HAUNT ASHLEY ALL OVER AGAIN, ON ABC'S "THE BACHELORETTE"

Why Did He Return and How Will It Affect Ashley and the Other Men?

"Episode 706" - Breathtaking Hong Kong, where traditional Chinese customs and the mystique of the East reside side by side with contemporary urban life, opens its doors to the Bachelorette and the men. And the stage is set for another emotional explosion: Bentley flies half-way around the world to see Ashley, who still needs closure with this unscrupulous bachelor in order to move along with the other men. But why is he really there, and how will it affect Ashley and her relationship with the remaining bachelors? Lucas opens up about a very emotional time in his life - his difficult divorce - hoping to capture a rose. World famous Stanley Beach is the backdrop for a thrilling dragon boat race between the intensely competitive men. And sparks fly when J.P. and Ashley go on a special one-on-one date to Victoria's Peak Park, but how will he take it when Ashley tells him about Bentley's surprise trip? The news certainly doesn't sit well with the other guys, and the tension-filled rose ceremony is thrown into an upheaval, on "The Bachelorette," MONDAY, JUNE 27 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on ABC.

Note: This program will repeat Monday, July 4 from 8:00-10:01 p.m., ET.

Before Ashley can even explore the wonders of Hong Kong with any of the remaining men, she is blown away when Chris Harrison informs her that the mean-spirited Bentley has flown all this way to see her. Shocked, but hopeful that he is here to honestly compete for her heart, she goes to speak to him. Her mind is filled with what might have been, but will she discover in this very visceral confrontation that he is there to sweep her off her feet, or is he there just to play more mind games with her for his own amusement?

Later that day, Ashley whisks Lucas off on a fairytale date. The couple walks the bustling streets of Hong Kong before sharing a romantic dinner on a vintage junk boat with the city's panoramic skyline as a backdrop. Things turn serious when Lucas tries to open up emotionally about his grueling divorce. Will his honesty score him a rose, or will Ashley be tempted to send him back to Texas with a broken heart?

The next day Ashley welcomes six bachelors to famed Stanley Beach, where she charges them with participating in the ancient Chinese pastime of dragon boat racing. The men, now separated into three teams of two, must scour the streets of Hong Kong to recruit the rest of the necessary eight-man teams. The rag-tag squads compete in an intense and exhilarating battle that gets everyone's heart racing. And later that night, at an after party hearts race again as the men compete for Ashley's attention. One sensitive bachelor exchanges sweet kisses with her, another passionate guy makes his move in an elevator. Will one of these men receive the rose, or will an unpopular bachelor yet again impress Ashley, much to the chagrin of the other guys?

J.P. meets up with Ashley at the city's legendary Victoria's Peak Park for a special individual date where their chemistry is undeniable. But Ashley's feelings for J.P. compel her to tell him about Bentley's surprise visit. Will this news cause a rift between her and this genuine bachelor?

And finally, Ashley, in an effort to be sincere and upfront, decides to tell her remaining bachelors about Bentley's visit at the cocktail party. But the news really doesn't sit well with them, including one extremely distressed suitor. After the confrontational turmoil of the cocktail party, Ashley is not sure what to expect at the rose ceremony. But now she believes that one of the six men she will take with her to enjoy Taiwan could be her future husband, as the time ticks down to the crucial hometown dates.

The eight remaining men are:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2011, 04:48:44 AM »
Blake, Ames, JP, Lucas, Mickey, Ryan P... she kept all the good looking guys. :lol:

I was looking through the list and was like, these few guys must still be around.. and indeed. :lol3:

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2011, 05:05:09 PM »
UGHH Ashely needs the therapist that Brad had last season! In fact i dont think Ashely is even over brad yet! She's soo indecisive!! How can the show even think she's stable enough to go thru this process?

And yes i will think that they are setting up bently as the next bachelor with all this air time! they will get tons of drama from the ladies if he is next seasons bachelor and that will bring in tons of ratings.  which i am sure they are not getting with Ashley.

Out of all the guys I really like JP but i dont wnat him with someone like Ashely who's hung up on a guy  that she knew wasnt ther with the right intentions.

:groan:

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2011, 05:07:01 PM »
OH YEAH  Ames  bell was rung and its probably still ringing!! poor guy :'(

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2011, 09:02:27 AM »
Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette' episode 6

Chris-Harrison

This episode had a lot of highs and many lows for Ashley. You’ve all had very strong opinions about Bentley this season, both good and bad. I want to deal with all this episode had to offer, but first I want to give you some updates on things we have coming up in the very near future for you. First of all, we have wrapped the first part of production on Bachelor Pad 2. It is incredible and will far surpass anything we came close to producing last summer. From start to finish this show will entertain like never before. We will also be bringing you what we’re calling “Bachelor Updates” on our most popular couples. The first you will see on Monday, July 11th. I sit down and talk to Emily who is speaking publicly for the first time about her relationship with Brad. I know all of you have had tons of questions about Brad and Emily, and their silence has only added fuel to the tabloid fire. Emily and Brad wanted to remain silent until the time was right for them to speak. That time is now, and you will see and hear all next Monday night.

As for the current season of The Bachelorette, I don’t think we’ve had a more emotional episode yet. Hong Kong is a beautiful city and we were all looking forward to getting there, but we knew what lay ahead at first was going to be rough. I understand that many of you felt like this Bentley thing dragged on a little too long. We actually would have loved to have put an end to this last week in Chiang Mai, but logistically that just wasn’t possible. One of the problems of shooting halfway around the world is you just can’t hop on a plane and get there in one or even two days. Because of travel and the time difference, we had to wait until we all got to Hong Kong. I did my best to give Ashley the ammunition she needed for her encounter with Bentley. I urged her to not let him be “Bentley” again. Don’t let him get away with talking for an hour, giving what I’m guessing he thinks is his sexy look and saying absolutely nothing meaningful. Turns out, that’s exactly what he did. The guy has an amazing talent for saying nothing in such a sincere way it’s hard to tell you’ve actually just heard nothing. The good news is Ashley was prepared this time and called him on his nonsense and sent the dude packing. So the long and short of it is Ashley is good and Bentley is gone. But that was really just the beginning of this episode. What lay ahead was much more important.

Ashley’s date with Lucas was a good one, but I’m still not sold on the chemistry between them. I’d like to get your thoughts on a man asking permission to kiss a girl. I have my theory on this, but I’d like to get your opinion — is it romantic or insecure? The group date was very cool. Having never been to Hong Kong, I never knew that just outside one of the busiest cities in the world are some of the most beautiful exotic beaches in the world. One thing I really noticed on the group date was how many guys admitted they were falling for Ashley. Ames, Ben F. and Ryan are all falling hard for her. The one thing I can’t quite understand is why Ryan drives these guys crazy. Sometimes there’s just people that rub you the wrong way, and he just must be one of those guys. Ashley’s one-on-one date with JP was very interesting, specifically how good their chemistry seems to be. (Side note: I want to bring up another question for you ladies to answer this week. Why do all women ask men when they cried last? Is it to make sure they are sensitive or to show that they can be vulnerable? Seems to be a very common question women ask men on dates.)

After telling JP about Bentley, Ashley was really feeling really good. But she had a very different reaction when telling the guys which lead to a total meltdown at the cocktail party. Confident men like JP, Ames, Ben F and Ryan had no problem with Ashley and were very cool about the whole thing. Most of the guys that got upset calmed down after a while — except Mickey, that is. I honestly don’t think he meant to leave, but he ended up talking himself into a decision he couldn’t get out of and next thing he knew, he was on a boat and headed back home. All in all it was a rocky night and a rocky episode, but Ashley has come out the other side a better, stronger woman and the guys that remain are definitely all here for the right reasons. As you saw in the tease at the end of the show, what remains is an amazing tale you will really enjoy watching. In the meantime check out more Bachelorette extras on our official website thebachelor.tv and you can always find me on twitter @chrisbharrison.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/06/28/chris-harrison-the-bachelorette-episode-6-blog/

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2011, 01:51:56 PM »
Chris is being diplomatic in that post; the whole thing with Bentley and then the cocktail party was sheer chaos, even by the standards of the Bachelor/Bachelorette -- it reminded me of the 2001 season of Big Brother with Nicole; that's how chaotic it was.
-- theschnauzers

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2011, 12:23:46 AM »
ABC press release:

ASHLEY TAKES THE FINAL SIX MEN ON A SPECTACULAR TRIP TO TAIWAN
AS THE CRUCIAL HOMETOWN DATES LOOM, AND EMILY MAYNARD
BREAKS HER SILENCE ABOUT HER RELATIONSHIP WITH BRAD WOMACK
IN AN EXCLUSIVE FIRST INTERVIEW, ON ABC'S "THE BACHELORETTE"

"Episode 707" - The pressure mounts as Ashley must decide which four men will have the opportunity to take her home to meet their families. Taiwan, the "hidden jewel of Asia," is the romantic city where Ashley will make her most important decision yet. She still has serious questions about some of the men, but must be ready to let two of them go forever. Will she make the right choice? And in a revealing, emotional tell-all update, Emily Maynard, the single mom who captured Brad Womack's heart, will finally speak out about the state of her relationship with Brad, on "The Bachelorette," MONDAY, JULY 11 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on ABC.

A reluctant Emily sits down with Chris Harrison to explain how she confronted her struggle with living in the public eye. Then she reveals whether or not she and Brad are engaged - all in hopes of putting to rest the rumors swirling around her.

When the guys arrive at the Regent Hotel in Taipei, Taiwan, Constantine discovers that he has the first one-on-one date with Ashley. The couple head out to the Taiwanese countryside on an old fashioned train. They arrive in a quaint village where they take in the sights and partake of a local custom, decorating a paper lantern with their wishes. Ashley wishes for romance, but will her wish come true? Later that night after dinner, they release their love lantern into the sky, marveling as it is joined by hundreds of others. It's the ideal romantic setting. Will Ashley get her wish, or will this relationship flicker and die?

The next day, Ben F. meets Ashley at a breathtaking national park. They hop aboard a scooter and zip past majestic waterfalls and magnificent mountains, holding on to each other for dear life. Later at dinner, this cautious, but sensitive bachelor finally expresses his true feelings for Ashley, which sincerely touches her. But is it enough to guarantee Ben F. a hometown date?

However, the next morning when Ben F. doesn't return from his date, it drives one of the bachelors into an emotional frenzy. When Ben F. finally does return, the jealous man storms out of the room, unable to control his emotions.

On an unusual three-on-one date, Ames, J.P. and Lucas join Ashley in Taipei's world famous photography district. She informs them that they will be dressing up in traditional wedding attire and taking customary Taiwanese wedding photos with her. As they kiss and pose for the cameras, the envious man continues to simmer with jealousy. All three men impress Ashley, but only one will get a rose guaranteeing him a hometown date. Who will it be?

Ashley's last date of the week is with Ryan. She escorts him to a local temple and then to the historic Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Square. It's a magical setting, but Ashley needs to make sure there is a romantic connection with this optimistic and energetic bachelor.

By the end of the week, Ashley breaks down under the pressure of having to send home two amazing -- but now shocked and heartbroken -- men. It's time to return to the States with the four remaining men, who are only too happy to have the chance to introduce Ashley to their families and continue the quest to win her heart.

The six remaining men are:

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=062811_01

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2011, 06:08:28 PM »
jmo this is the worst season of the batch ever... thank god bently is gone, i can;t belive they flew him out to china or where ever they were.. what a waist...
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2011, 12:31:20 PM »
Tonight's episode is a repeat from last week due to the holiday. But here's a new blog from Chris...

Chris Harrison previews the next 'Bachelorette' and his interview with Emily

I hope everybody is having a fantastic 4th of July holiday. Obviously because of the holiday we don’t have a new episode tonight, but we will return next week, July 11, with not only a brand new episode but also the much-anticipated interview with Emily. The interview in which I sit down with Emily and get her take on her relationship with Brad will air at the end of next week’s original Bachelorette episode. As you have no doubt heard already it is true that Brad and Emily have unfortunately broken up. They attempted to remain quiet and private but with so much attention being paid to them it just wasn’t possible. For that reason Emily reluctantly came in and sat down with me to talk about her relationship, what went wrong and how the circus surrounding them has affected their lives. This was an interview I definitely did not expect to do and did not enjoy in the least. Both Brad and Emily are friends of mine and we all really thought the next time we saw them would be to plan their wedding. Many have asked why we only sat down with Emily and not Brad. I talked to Brad several times leading up to this interview and have talked to him since. While he gave his blessing for Emily to speak on their behalf, his emotions are still just too raw and he wasn’t ready to speak openly about it all yet. I respect that decision and told him I was extremely sorry we had to do this interview at all.

Both Brad and Emily completely understand the public attention. After all they got engaged in front of millions of you on national TV. Emily and I will discuss this fact but we will also touch on how the media and even some fans have taken things a bit too far and have crossed the line of decency. This is unfortunately part of our lives now. In this day and age of tabloid magazines that go to incredibly desperate lengths to stir up a story, bloggers who have absolutely no culpability for what they write and paparazzi that could care less about the people they are hunting down, there is a scary atmosphere out there for people on our show as well as others. Ashley is unfortunately getting a first hand lesson on this as well. I just sat down with her this week in preparation for the Men Tell All special airing later this month. She too has felt the wrath of the media and even fans concerning her handling of the Bentley situation. It’s hard to explain to people that despite what they saw, Ashley did not see any of what Bentley was saying behind the scenes. She had that initial warning from Michelle Money to begin with, but even Michelle said she wasn’t sure how valid the info was. So while Ashley had some trepidation it wasn’t anything that would make her run for the hills. Add that to the fact that the guy was smooth and essentially played her, and she actually handled the situation quite well. In the end you have to remember she came to the same conclusion you did. She figured out the guy wasn’t legit and has major issues. Ashley’s journey is really just about to take off and from here on out this season is fantastic. In some ways it’s just beginning for her and for the guys. One last Bachelor note I want to pass along.  We have wrapped production on the first part of Bachelor Pad 2. I can’t begin to tell you how good this show is going to be. Fans of our show will be blown away and people who have never watched will be addicted after the first episode. It all starts August 8th on ABC. I look forward to seeing you all next Monday night with an all-new original episode of The Bachelorette. Also please visit our website thebachelor.tv for the latest update on Ali and Roberto. I spoke with them last week about  the first anniversary of their proposal and their plans for a wedding. They also had a lot to say about Ashley and her difficult journey to find love. Please check it out, their interview will be posted on Wednesday afternoon. Thanks again, and know you can always find me on twitter @chrisbharrison.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/07/04/chris-harrison-the-bachelorette-interview-with-emily/

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2011, 10:58:21 AM »
Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette' episode 7

The hardest thing for me about writing these blogs is deciding where to start. This week I have been debating, do I talk about Emily’s interview first or the episode itself with Ashley? I decided I’d give you a few thoughts about Emily at the end of the blog. Our final big stop on this crazy travel leg of this journey across Asia is Taipei, Taiwan. The week before hometowns is a bit awkward, and always a tough one every season. Most of Ashley’s relationships have moved forward to the point where they are ready to be exclusive, or as exclusive as the show will allow. So the guys are done living together, done seeing each other go on dates with Ashley and done with group dates. With all that said I started off the week by giving the guys a little good news that there would be three one-on-one dates with no roses on the line. This always takes the pressure off those dates so they can just enjoy without worrying if they’ll be sent home at the end of it.

Constantine got the first date and it was a pivotal one. To borrow a phrase from Ashley ,she and Constantine had a breakthrough. He was one of those guys like Ryan that she knew she cared for but wasn’t sure if she had any chemistry with. Constantine really rose to the occasion and they had an amazing date. One not-so-romantic note about their date was the fact that they almost passed out due to smoke inhalation on the train ride. When they went through a tunnel the smoke billowed into the cabin and there was no escape. Ash, Constantine and the entire crew were coughing up a lung and gasping for air when they finally got out of the tunnel.

The next date was with Ben… or was it Constantine again… hmmm… hard to tell them apart! Seriously I know many of you have commented on the fact that they look like they were separated at birth, but if you spend much time with them at all it’s really easy to tell them apart in looks and personality. There really wasn’t a lot to Ben’s date as far as his relationship with Ashley. The two of them are in a great spot and all this date did was move it forward another few positive steps. They have such great chemistry and he knows just what to do and say to put her at ease. There was no question in anybody’s mind that he was getting a rose and a hometown date.

Then came the final dreaded group date of the season. After this week the guys won’t have to endure group dates and they really won’t see each other except at the rose ceremonies. JP was in a foul mood all week and being put on the group date only made it worse. It’s not that he’s necessarily insecure but it’s tough for these guys who care for Ashley at this point to have to watch her date the other guys. JP did deliver the line of the night when he described Ames’ outfit as the “offspring of an ostrich and Elton John”. While JP and Lucas were wallowing in their misery Ames was his usual positive, delightful self. He carried on as if he didn’t have a care in the world and continued to impress Ashley.

tire crew were coughing up a lung and gasping for air when they finally got out of the tunnel.

The next date was with Ben… or was it Constantine again… hmmm… hard to tell them apart! Seriously I know many of you have commented on the fact that they look like they were separated at birth, but if you spend much time with them at all it’s really easy to tell them apart in looks and personality. There really wasn’t a lot to Ben’s date as far as his relationship with Ashley. The two of them are in a great spot and all this date did was move it forward another few positive steps. They have such great chemistry and he knows just what to do and say to put her at ease. There was no question in anybody’s mind that he was getting a rose and a hometown date.

Then came the final dreaded group date of the season. After this week the guys won’t have to endure group dates and they really won’t see each other except at the rose ceremonies. JP was in a foul mood all week and being put on the group date only made it worse. It’s not that he’s necessarily insecure but it’s tough for these guys who care for Ashley at this point to have to watch her date the other guys. JP did deliver the line of the night when he described Ames’ outfit as the “offspring of an ostrich and Elton John”. While JP and Lucas were wallowing in their misery Ames was his usual positive, delightful self. He carried on as if he didn’t have a care in the world and continued to impress Ashley.

Easily the most noteworthy moment of the episode came during Ashley’s one-on-one date with Ryan. He was so excited to finally get his date with her. He was having a blast and really feeling good about everything when Ashley pulled the rug out from under him and sent him home. The usually positive Ryan was crushed and speechless. He didn’t know what hit him and didn’t know what to say or ask Ashley. He never saw that coming from her. Ashley explained herself excellently by letting him know at this point if she doesn’t feel it, why lead him on any further and then drag his family into it? Despite the honest intentions it still hurt her and Ryan. After that date I could tell Ashley was done playing games. She didn’t want any part of a cocktail party. She knew the four men she wanted to go home with and didn’t want to prolong the situation any longer than it needed to be. Although I always play devil’s advocate just to make sure they are positive that’s what they want, I understood and really respected her decision to forego the cocktail party.

Much like her relationship with Ryan, Ashley just wasn’t feeling it with Lucas at this point. Lucas was a little put off in Hong Kong and since then his relationship with Ashley just got a little stagnant, and at this stage in the game you just can’t have that. Ryan and Lucas are both really good guys and I told Ashley she really couldn’t go wrong with any of these guys. I felt any of these four men were going to respect her and treat her right — it’s now just a matter of chemistry between them. Next, Ames, JP, Ben and Constantine will take Ashley back to their hometowns to meet their families. This is always one of my favorite episodes each season and you will see it all play out next Monday.

Before I let you go I obviously want to talk a little bit about my interview with Emily. I honestly don’t have much to add to what she said as I really feel good about the interview. I believe I asked the pertinent questions yet stayed respectful of her and Brad and I feel she answered them fully while doing the same. Emily got out of the car emotional, so I knew it was going to be a tough interview for us both. I care for her and Brad very much, consider them friends and I wish them the best. I talked to Brad before and after the interview and all he cared about was Emily. Before the interview he asked me as a friend to be there for her and not be to hard on her, which I don’t feel I was. After the interview all he wanted to know was how she was doing. These two care about each other very much and respect each other even more. A lot has and will be written about them but the truth is they are two good people that loved each other very much but as Emily said that just wasn’t enough to make it work. I have a lot of respect for Brad for deciding not to show up, yet giving Emily his blessing to do the interview and speak freely. I can’t say enough about how impressed I am with Emily. I always have been blown away by the strength of this woman and she continues to impress. However sad the news I’m glad that the millions of fans that have followed their saga have gotten the answers they deserve. I hope you also got a chance to go online at our official web site thebachelor.tv to watch my interview with Ali and Roberto. I loved catching up with them and was happy to see how well they are doing.

We’re all on our way back to the states for the infamous hometown dates next week so I’ll see you next Monday night as Ashley continues her journey and her search for love. As always please leave your comments and questions below or find me on twitter @chrisbharrison. I suddenly got a blue check mark next to my name this week on twitter so apparently I am now officially who I thought I already officially thought I was!

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/07/12/chris-harrison-the-bachelorette-episode-7-blog/

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2011, 03:29:16 AM »
ABC press release:

ASHLEY RETURNS TO THE U.S. TO JOIN THE FOUR REMAINING BACHELORS
IN THEIR HOMETOWNS AND FINDS HERSELF ON THE HOT SEAT WITH SOME
OF THE FAMILIES, ON ABC'S "THE BACHELORETTE"

"Episode 708" - The stakes are high as Ashley returns from her exciting tour of the Far East for an emotionally charged journey across the country to visit Constantine, Ames, Ben F. and J.P. in their hometowns. Her bonds are growing stronger with these men, but she is severely tested by some of the families. How ready are these bachelors for marriage? Ashley is about to find out from the people who know them best, as she moves closer to making her own fairytale come true. However, in a heartbreaking turn, she must send one man home, on "The Bachelorette," MONDAY, JULY 18 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Ashley heads to the suburbs of Atlanta to visit Constantine, the handsome restaurateur, who has been slow to develop his romance with the Bachelorette. Will the couple take a step forward or come to a grinding halt in his hometown? Ashley sees a whole new side to Constantine as he takes her to his workplace for a fun, flirtatious pizza-making lesson. He admits to her that, although the pace of their relationship has been slow, it feels real and genuine to him. He couldn't be happier about how things are progressing, but does Ashley concur? That night she is introduced to Constantine's big, Greek family. Everyone dances the night away and Ashley is quite taken with this bachelor's affectionate family. But Constantine's protective mother worries that Ashley will want to take her beloved son away from his close-knit family. Will this be a sticking point in the relationship?

The tranquil countryside of Pennsylvania is the backdrop for Ashley to meet Ames, the sophisticated, accomplished bachelor who has intrigued her from the start. Ames' fun-loving family shares valuable insights about this reserved suitor who has suffered the loss of both his father and stepfather. Worried that her brother may fall behind the other men in developing a relationship with Ashley, his sister offers Ames some advice on kicking the romance into high gear before it's too late. Heeding her, Ames whisks Ashley away for a romantic picnic and a spectacular horse and carriage ride through the picturesque Pennsylvania landscape. Will this be enough for Ashley to offer him a rose?

Ashley travels to the lush countryside of Sonoma, California, where she joins Ben F., the dashing winemaker, who has been making a late charge for her heart. The charismatic vintner invites Ashley for an intimate picnic, on which he tells her that this journey has helped him tear down the emotional wall he put up after the death of his father. For the first time he is ready for a serious relationship. Later Ben F. escorts Ashley to his family home to meet his sister and mother. Although this sensitive bachelor may have convinced Ashley he is a changed man, will his family agree with him?

Finally, Ashley travels to Long Island, New York, where J.P. surprises her with a retro trip back to a roller skating rink. A few pratfalls and lots of laughs later, things turn serious as J.P. confesses that he is afraid to have his heart broken again after his last failed relationship. When Ashley visits his family, she realizes he isn't the only one who is worried about J.P. getting his heart broken again.

Ashley's feelings for all four men have deepened, especially after sharing so much with their families. So when she returns to Los Angeles for the rose ceremony, she regretfully says goodbye to one heartbroken bachelor and chooses the three final men who will accompany her to their final exotic destination - Fiji.

The four remaining men are:

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=071211_01

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2011, 10:45:40 AM »
Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette' episode 8

We have made it through the infamous hometown dates and now it’s time for the exotic dates. You know what that means… that’s right, the fantasy suite card! Before anybody decides if they will forgo their individual rooms, however, let’s discuss this week. Actually let’s go back to last week first. Many of you asked why Ben stayed overnight with Ashley on his date. The reason he stayed was not exactly romantic: Ashley, Ben, and the crew stayed the night because Taroko is several hours away by car and after a very long day and night we didn’t want to put anybody through that travel. Ben and Ashley did not share a room, nor were they given the option to spend the night together. For that to have happened I would’ve had to whip up a fresh batch of fantasy suite cards, and I was otherwise detained. Now back to this week’s episode.

I say this every season and I mean it, I love hometown dates. Good or bad you can’t fake or hide your family. They are truly where you came from and partially who you really are. We started the week in Cumming, Georgia, to meet Constantine’s great Greek family. They started with some food at the family restaurant Giorgio’s. For the record the food is very good at the restaurant; our crew had lunch there and they loved it. The pizza that Ashley brought the guy at the end of the show was not what he ordered, but he liked it. He had no idea who Ashley was or that she didn’t work there. The important part was meeting the family, and Constantine’s family blew Ashley away — this is exactly what she’s looking for in her life. His mom had some very direct questions for Ashley and didn’t pull any punches in letting her know that her moving to Cumming is what would “enhance” her son’s life. Constantine had no idea his entire family was showing up. Everyone brought food and drink and then in a great Greek tradition his uncle started to make it “rain.” Constantine might have been considered the dark horse a few weeks ago but because of the last couple weeks he has definitely moved out of that role and into Ashley’s heart.

I think everybody was looking forward to the next hometown the most. Everybody wanted to see more about Ames, so off to Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania, we went. Although Ashley was also curious to find out where a guy like Ames came from, he really had the most to prove on his visit. He had to really blow Ashley away to raise their relationship to the level of the other contestants. His sister really put it best: If there’s passion and a spark then let there be a little fire. There is no fire between them. At least not one that’s burning nearly as hot as it is with the other guys. The part of their date I really wanted to talk about was the carriage ride. One minute I’m watching this romantic picnic, the next thing they’re on a horse drawn carriage ride along the river. Turns out carriage rides are a very popular activity in Chadds Ford and some friends of Ames’ family allowed them to use their carriage.

The next and easily most revealing hometown was with Ben in Sonoma, California. I’m very interested to hear everybody’s thoughts on Ben after this episode. Up to this point I know everybody liked him but I felt like in this episode and on this date you really got to know him on an intimate level. He revealed so much about himself and his feelings about his late father, and I’m interested to hear your thoughts on him now. Ashley is already taken by him but was really moved by his open, candid emotions. His dad’s death has really affected him but he seems to have turned that into a positive. He has definitely evolved as a man and has great perspective on his life now. Ben’s talk with his mom was incredibly moving. I think it’s great that our hometown date really seemed to bring the two of them closer together as well.

The final hometown date took us to New York to see JP. JP had made other plans outside but the forecast called for rain so he called an incredible ’80s audible, roller skating! Yes, it was kind of cheesy but it was also kind of awesome. Come on, who didn’t have flashbacks of their own “couples skate” moments? I for one was transported right back to White Rock skating rink in Dallas. (Kirsten if you’re out there somewhere, thanks for the memories.) Ashley hit it off with JP’s family. His mother made his favorite lasagna and apparently it’s amazing, not that they saved me a slice. After the four hometowns with four good men I think it was clear that Ashley really has a solid relationship building with Ben, JP and Constantine. Ames was just too far behind and Ashley felt more of a friendship than a budding romance with him. So Ashley is finally down to her final three and it’s off to Fiji for our final two weeks. As you saw in the previews there is a lot left, and did you hear what she said at the end of the teaser? “I fell in love… today marks the first day of my love story.” Hmmmm , just a couple weeks left in Ashley’s journey to find love. I want to share the dates of our final shows because it’s a little different this season. Next Monday, July 25, will be the exotic dates and we will be down to the final two men. Then on Sunday, July 31, ABC will air the Men Tell All special. Monday, August 1 will be the finale of  The Bachelorette. I look forward to all of you experiencing this season’s amazing finale.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/07/19/chris-harrison-the-bachelorette-episode-8-blog/

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2011, 09:12:57 AM »
ABC press release:

ASHLEY SWEEPS THE FINAL THREE MEN AWAY TO THE ROMANTIC PARADISE OF FIJI
FOR STEAMY OVERNIGHT DATES, BUT A STUNNING REVELATION FROM CONSTANTINE CHANGES ASHLEY'S WHOLE JOURNEY, ON ABC'S "THE BACHELORETTE"

A Surprise Visitor Returns to Claim a Second Chance to Find Love

"Episode 709" - Romantic adventures await Ashley and the final three bachelors - Ben F., Constantine and J.P. - as they travel to the tropical heaven of Fiji and the possibility of intimate overnight dates. There's electricity and passion in the air during these sand & surf excursions, as Ashley continues to explore what her future would be like with each one of these potential partners, and is faced with extending an invitation to each bachelor to spend the night in a "fantasy suite." However, one man - in a shocking return - asks Ashley to give him another chance to win her heart. But there is nothing that can prepare Ashley for the startling disclosure that Constantine makes, as her rollercoaster ride in search of a happy ending continues, on "The Bachelorette," MONDAY, JULY 25 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Ashley kicks off her tropical adventure by spending an afternoon on a luxurious yacht with charismatic Ben F., who has wowed her with his humor and sensitivity. They sail across sparkling ocean waters to a remote island where they enjoy some the world's best snorkeling at the celebrated Pirates' Den. Later things get serious over a candlelit dinner, as Ben F. finally reveals his feelings for her. But will he take the ultimate step and tell her he is falling in love with her?

Constantine and Ashley take a spectacular helicopter tour over the lush Fiji Islands. Their destination is a remote lagoon, and they enjoy a wonderful day frolicking in a majestic waterfall. Later that night, the couple reunite for a romantic dinner, but Ashley is totally taken aback by Constantine's astonishing news, which changes everything for her.

Still reeling from the events of the night before, Ashley visits the bachelor who traveled all the way to Fiji in hopes of getting her to look at their relationship with new eyes and invite him back into her life. Will she grant him his wish?

On her last date this week, Ashley surprises J.P. with a sea-to-air adventure as they take off in a seaplane over the panoramic seascape. They land on a private island of perfect white sand. The intimate day turns into a critical night when, at dinner, J.P. shares his feelings about their potential life together. But where does this leave Ashley?

Ashley has experiences a different path to love with each of these men, and it has left her feeling more vulnerable than she expected. After an emotional deliberation, she moves cautiously to the rose ceremony. She and the final two bachelors toast to continuing their adventure on Fiji - where they will meet her family. Her journey to find love is quickly coming to a close. Whom will she choose - but more importantly, will they choose her back?

The three remaining men are:

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=071911_07

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2011, 12:01:09 PM »
Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelorette' episode 9

Chris-Harrison

“The sun always shines in Fiji!”  Those were the words spoken by Ashley as she stepped out of the plane in Savusavu, Fiji. She must have forgotten this is the rainiest season we’ve ever had on this show. More on the rain and our production a little later in this broadcast. This show and my blog have become a bit of a travel guide over the years, and I especially feel compelled during the exotic dates to talk a little bit about where we are in the world. This week we are in Namale in Savusavu, Fiji, a small town in one of many Islands that make up Fiji. The high definition video we show you makes it quite evident this is one of the most stunning places in the world. What we didn’t show much of was the Namale resort, which is actually owned by inspirational speaker Tony Robbins. Tony is a great guy and turns out he was in town our final day at the resort and he came down and joined my wife and me at breakfast. Holy cow! That guy has the biggest hands I have ever seen! I can’t say enough about the people of Fiji and in particular the people at Namale.

As for the show you saw the return of Ryan. Oddly enough, I got a call at home one night (no the cast usually doesn’t have my number) and it’s Ryan.

He called me to ask my opinion about coming back to talk to Ashley. He didn’t feel right about the way things ended and wasn’t really sure things had ended. Ryan made it very clear he didn’t want to be “that guy” and come back and disrupt anything or take time away from the other guys. I was convinced that Ryan was doing this with true intentions and I felt like he deserved to have another talk with Ashley. I was pretty convinced that Ashley wasn’t going to change her mind but that’s not for me to say, so I told Ryan to join us in Fiji. Obviously he got rejected again but he was grateful for the opportunity and happy he got the chance to express himself, as he didn’t really get that chance the first time around. Some of you have asked if we show the exotic dates on TV in the order they are actually shot. I think this episode shows you the answer is, yes we do. Ben got the first date and the two of them picked up right where they left off. All I can say about these two is their relationship is easy. They seem to really flow together in a great way. Ben said he’s really fallen for Ashley and if the suntan lotion scene is any indication (yikes!) then the same can be said for Ashley. I think Ben continues to show what a fantastic man he has become. One line that really stood out to me was at dinner when he told Ashley “I’m available today.” That was a great line that really spoke to Ashley’s heart. Ben has come a long way since his father’s death and he is now ready to add somebody to his life and for him that somebody is Ashley.

Constantine got the second date and this was unlike any exotic date we’ve ever had in the past. One reason I love this show is you never know what’s going to happen or how things will turn out. Constantine had an amazing hometown date and although things were moving a bit slow between them I sure didn’t see the wheels completely falling off like they did. Although Constantine was really the one that initiated the breakup they both realized that this relationship had hit a wall. It had gone about as far as it was going to go. Ashley and Constantine like and admire each other very much, but that is far from love and that is far from what either of them deserve. It is also far from what she is feeling for the other two men. I very much respect Constantine for the way he left the show. That is the way a man talks to a woman, and that is the classy way to pull yourself out of a relationship (I hope a certain someone is taking notes). By the time Ashley got to her date with JP she was already down to two men. That was a bit of a relief for her, as she then didn’t really have to worry about the rose ceremony. She very much knew by then that JP and Ben were her final two. Now all she had to do was enjoy her date with JP and by the looks of it she certainly did. The chemistry between these two is incredible. When they’re together it’s like nobody else exists in the world and that is a great quality in a couple.

After talking with Ashley we both agreed it was still important to hold a rose ceremony. This is obviously the most important rose ceremony of them all. The next step is hopefully an engagement so accepting a rose this week is really admitting you are in love with this woman and truly considering taking that next step. I want to take a moment to praise our insanely talented crew on this show. I wish my words could do justice to just how amazing they are. The day of the rose ceremony the skies opened up like never before. We had scouted a location and had been setting up all week for a beautiful outdoor deliberation and rose ceremony on a deck overlooking the ocean. Because hundreds of hours went into lighting, set decorating and tech set up we waited the storm out. Finally we realized Mother Nature wasn’t letting up so at the last minute we made the decision to move everything. In a matter of a couple hours our director, lighting department, art department, tech department, camera and audio crews moved an entire deliberation and rose ceremony that usually takes about a week to set up, and did it all in the pouring rain. Our deliberation was barely under cover so the camera and audio crews were standing in the rain while we talked. Our tech department set up a makeshift control room for our director behind a bar. I am always amazed at how good these people are, but this day absolutely blew me away. I wish I could show you what it took to pull this off and still make it look so good. We are truly one big traveling family on this show and I am blessed to work with such great talent.

I want to remind you of how the rest of this season will play out because its set up a little different than seasons past. The Men Tell All will be next Sunday night, July 31. The following night, Monday, August 1, is the finale. Immediately following the finale is the After the Final Rose special. I love this set up, as our fans don’t have to wait a week between shows. I hope you enjoy it this way. The following Monday, August 8 is the premiere of Bachelor Pad 2. We will show you an extended tease of the new season during the Men Tell All. All I can say is hide the children and buckle up! But first and foremost we have an amazing finale to The Bachelorette for you. Ashley has done a terrific job narrowing it down to two incredible men. I very much look forward to you seeing the rest of this season play out. For more on The Bachelor please check out our web site thebachelor.tv or you can always find me on twitter @chrisbharrison.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/07/26/chris-harrison-bachelorette-blog-episode-9/

Online RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2011, 10:58:20 AM »
ABC press release:

ASHLEY FACES THE MEN SHE REJECTED, AS 16 JILTED BACHELORS CONFRONT HER
ON "THE BACHELORETTE: THE MEN TELL ALL," SUNDAY, JULY 31 ON ABC

Bachelor and Bachelorette Favorites, Including  Jason Mesnick, Ali Fedotowsky,
DeAnna Pappas and Michelle Money, Weigh in on This Season

"The Men Tell All" -- It's an explosive reunion viewers won't want to miss, as the most memorable bachelors from this season - including Constantine, Ryan P, Ames, Mickey, William and Jeff "The Mask" -- return to confront each other and Ashley one last time on national television to dish the dirt and tell their side of the story. The men will discuss the difficulty of competing for Ashley and focus on the most controversial bachelor of the season - Bentley. William and Ben C. have a heated face-off about their dramatic two-on-one date and its aftermath. Ryan P. shares how he has changed since being on the show; and Ames, the bachelor who charmed America, explains his tactics for winning Ashley's heart. Finally, Ashley offers her very frank assessment about her experience on the series, remembering the good and bad times. Sensational unseen moments from one of the most dramatic "Bachelorette" seasons ever will also be featured, as will a special preview of Season Two of "Bachelor Pad," on "The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All," SUNDAY, JULY 31 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Although one of the guys on everyone's lips this season - Bentley - has chosen not to attend, that didn't stop the rest of the men from discussing his shocking behavior and treatment of Ashley. Chris talks to Michelle Money about her warning to Ashley to stay away from Bentley because she had learned he wasn't interested in her, and that it was more a game to him.

But no discussion is more emotionally charged than when William is questioned about the moment he convinced Ashley to send Ben C. home. The men - not to mention Ben C. -- are skeptical of William's story that the reason he told Ashley that Ben C. was looking forward to Internet dating when he got home was only to protect the Bachelorette. When William takes the hot seat, he can barely stand the heat. He can't even look at the footage being played of his time on the show. And when a clip of his infamous comedy roast of Ashley is played, he can't bear to hear it.

Ryan P. takes the hot seat to talk about his prickly relationship with the other guys. He, too, struggles to watch his emotional exit from the show. It was all too real when Ashley sent him home. Ryan admits the journey changed him - for the better. And then Ames, the unique and intellectual bachelor who fell hard for Ashley, steps into the spotlight. He explains that he took things slowly because he wanted his relationship with Ashley to last forever. Ames also looks back at his Muay Thai boxing date, which sent him to the hospital.

Things heat up as Ashley must face the men she rejected. Immediately emotional, she discusses with Chris how difficult the season was for her and how much she regretted wasting so much time and not spending it with the men who were really there for her. Then Ali, DeAnna and Jason share with Ashley their thoughts about what she went through this season as she struggled with Bentley. While it has been a trying season for her, Ashley explains that at least now she knows what she doesn't want.

It's the bachelors like you've never seen them before! The special also includes a sneak peek at the season finale and the final two bachelors, Ben F. and J.P., vying for Ashley's heart and the final rose.

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=072611_04