Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds

Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 150346 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #875 on: June 18, 2013, 09:54:11 PM »
It could be a production imposed set of limited flights, or it could well be that the airlines have themselves only scheduled a limited number of flights out of that airport to international destinations.
The only way to tell is to check the online airline guides for that airport at that time of year to see whether it is a lack of flights or a producer imposed restriction. At least, Phil is acknowledging, one way or the other, that the Racers are faced with limited flight choices.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Karpov617

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #876 on: June 27, 2013, 09:01:45 AM »
My question: I know Maria & Tiffany who switched detours three times in Netherlands before they ended up quitting, but did anyone else switched as much as they have or more?
"My goal is not to wake up at forty with the bitter realization that I've wasted my life in a job I hate because I was forced to decide on a career in my teens." - Daria Morgendorffer, Daria, "Gifted"

Offline wcpamotm

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #877 on: June 27, 2013, 12:50:29 PM »
My question: I know Maria & Tiffany who switched detours three times in Netherlands before they ended up quitting, but did anyone else switched as much as they have or more?

Two that come to mind, from my records:

Race 13 - In Boots or Borscht, Andrew and Dan switched to Borscht after encountering trouble with properly putting on their boots, switch back when they realized they'd have to put them on regardless, then switched once again when Dan could not correctly march.

Race 14 - Keisha and Jenn similarly had great difficulties with both sides of the Sync or Swim detour.
We can put a man on the moon, so why can't we have a Fast Forward in every leg?

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cookies with licorice, can't get better than this!
« Reply #878 on: June 27, 2013, 07:05:03 PM »

Race 13 - In Boots or Borscht, Andrew and Dan switched to Borscht after encountering trouble with properly putting on their boots, switch back when they realized they'd have to put them on regardless, then switched once again when Dan could not correctly march.

Race 14 - Keisha and Jenn similarly had great difficulties with both sides of the Sync or Swim detour.
I remember Flo & Zach wanting to switch more than once during the second Vietnam leg, but that didn't really happen. :groan:

<3 Family, friends, food, freedom... FULFILLED <3
----------------------------------------------------
TAR QUOTE OF THE MONTH September 2014
"Oy vey!" ~Phil (of Phil Keoghan; season 22, leg 4)

Offline Airlines

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Victoria - Slaying your faves probably <3
« Reply #879 on: June 27, 2013, 07:11:51 PM »
Flo & Zach went Boats-Bikes-Boats IIRC.
Victoria Rafaeli - BB16 champion hopefully

Offline Karpov617

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #880 on: June 28, 2013, 09:48:31 AM »

:) WCPAMOTM, you got records?  :waves:
"My goal is not to wake up at forty with the bitter realization that I've wasted my life in a job I hate because I was forced to decide on a career in my teens." - Daria Morgendorffer, Daria, "Gifted"

Offline wcpamotm

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #881 on: June 28, 2013, 02:25:53 PM »
Yes I do - to a degree. I'm a long-time lurked on various forums, and I've been watching TAR first-run episodes since race 1 ep. 2.  And thankfully, CBS rebroadcast ep. 1 very soon after.  I'm one of those nerds who began taking notes as soon as I started watching.  And while I haven't done a whole lot of original research myself, I have compiled and organized informations brought to the table by others.  So I have information synopses from many of the races.  It gets pretty spotty for about 15-20, but I plan to fix that during my current rematch project.
We can put a man on the moon, so why can't we have a Fast Forward in every leg?

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #882 on: July 04, 2013, 07:30:59 AM »
If the Russian transit area of the airport is not considered Russian soil right, then how come Terence & Sarah were not allowed to re-enter Russia and run decoy?

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #883 on: July 04, 2013, 02:28:40 PM »
If the Russian transit area of the airport is not considered Russian soil right, then how come Terence & Sarah were not allowed to re-enter Russia and run decoy?

Transiting Moscow uses up a Visa, so I would call it "Russia" too.
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #884 on: July 04, 2013, 11:25:37 PM »

Transiting Moscow uses up a Visa, so I would call it "Russia" too.

So how come Edward Snowden was allowed to enter Russia without visa or passport?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 05:50:52 AM by redskevin88 »

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #885 on: July 04, 2013, 11:31:12 PM »
Because they are granting him Asylum. (maybe, tbd)
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Online RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #886 on: July 08, 2013, 08:42:12 AM »
Who's that Amazing Race music composer that has a website of all his musical works? I'd love to view him.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #887 on: July 10, 2013, 12:43:12 AM »
Snowden was allowed to leave Hong Kong by the local authorities and at the time it was thought Wikileaks was arranging to get him from Moscow to, most likely, Ecuador as an asylum-seeker, and probably through a connection in Havana.

Then he got there, and it's hard to know what exactly was going on. I'm under the impression he has no visa to go into Russia, so he's in the transit area outside of passport control and has been since he got there. It appears he'll have his choice now of 2 or 3 Latin American countries, depending on which one he accepts. I suspect, though, that if he doesn't, the Russians are likely to ask him to fly elsewhere anyway.
-- theschnauzers

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #888 on: July 10, 2013, 06:35:21 AM »
Who's that Amazing Race music composer that has a website of all his musical works? I'd love to view him.

That would be Lee Sanders!

http://www.sandersmusic.net/SandersMusic/SandersMusic____MUSIC.html

Offline gamerfan09

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Go Victoria <3
« Reply #889 on: July 14, 2013, 02:58:53 AM »

They actually switched more than three times. They kept switching until they couldn't do it anymore apparently.
"'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
Shake it off, shake it off"-Taylor Swift <3

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Andy!
« Reply #890 on: July 14, 2013, 03:00:30 AM »
I think they tried to perform each detour twice , actually.
"I don't drink. But when i do , i become another person. And that one , drinks a lot."

Offline gamerfan09

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Go Victoria <3
« Reply #891 on: July 14, 2013, 03:02:56 AM »

OK then, that's four. Thanks Declive. :lol:
"'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
Shake it off, shake it off"-Taylor Swift <3

Offline Andre

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #892 on: July 14, 2013, 06:45:14 AM »
I have a question. If someone exercise their express pass to finish a Detour immediately and in front another teams decided to U-Turn them, do they need to do another side of the detour?

Offline Theodorus

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • A million dollars? Drink with Jamy after the show?
« Reply #893 on: July 14, 2013, 09:02:41 AM »
I have a question. If someone exercise their express pass to finish a Detour immediately and in front another teams decided to U-Turn them, do they need to do another side of the detour?
I think so. Express Pass can be used to skip only one task, while Detour is a choice between two tasks, each with its pros and cons.

What really intrigues me is which Detour sode they must perform if they're U-Turned after skipping Detour.
TAR Greece: Soon. DTAR 2: Soon
#FF7F50

Offline Airlines

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #894 on: July 14, 2013, 09:06:45 AM »
They've got to perform the DT task that they didn't EP, or that's what I've always assumed :P

Online Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #895 on: July 14, 2013, 01:03:12 PM »

OK then, that's four. Thanks Declive. :lol:

No, three. :lol:

Detour A - Switch 1 - Detour B - Switch 2 - Detour A - Switch 3 - Detour B - Quit

Online Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #896 on: July 14, 2013, 01:06:11 PM »
Using an Express Pass on a Detour and being U-Turned is a commonly debated topic. Some people say that they skip the whole Detour and don't do the other side of the Detour. Others say what Theo said. I think that the only way we will know for sure is if that comes up on the actual race.

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #897 on: July 15, 2013, 06:04:21 PM »
Using an Express Pass on a Detour and being U-Turned is a commonly debated topic. Some people say that they skip the whole Detour and don't do the other side of the Detour. Others say what Theo said. I think that the only way we will know for sure is if that comes up on the actual race.
they skip one side i.e.: Ernie and Cindy in TAR 19.. i say that the UTURN acts like a RI and if they get there after being UTURND then they go back while if they get there and they are not uturned then they go on their merry way

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • #BNB
« Reply #898 on: August 19, 2013, 03:39:29 AM »
Just wondering if anyone knows why Seasons 12-14 were only 11 legs long?
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Airlines

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #899 on: August 19, 2013, 05:04:00 AM »
CBS was cheapo :lol:

And counting the superleg, TAR14 was 12 legs long. :tup:

Custom Search